Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,391 members, 7,826,508 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan (1402 Views)

Video Of Happie Boys Apologizing To OPM Pastor While Rejecting His Latest Offer. / Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members / Knowledge Of Scripture As It Reveals Christ And Him Crucified Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by adem30: 1:56pm On Oct 08, 2017
CAN insists it will not accept Sukuk bond- It claimed its proceed was being sent to Saudi Arabia

- It promised to go to court if need be

The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has insisted that it will not accept the Sukuk bond describing it as a form of islamisiation of the country.

In an interview with The Punch, the general secretary of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Rev. Musa Asake, said CAN would go to court if need be claiming that it would not accept it.

He said: “Section 10 says no government, state or federal, should favour one religion. But if you observe the things that are happening in this country, they are happening in favour of a particular religion. The Sukuk loan is a Sharia-bond loan. Sharia is Islamic. That is why we sought to get the attention of the governmen

On the issue that the federal government has acquired N100 billion Sukuk bond, Asake said: “They should reverse it. We, as Christians, will keep speaking. We will do the right thing.”

“All those things that they said would benefit us, have they benefited us? All the money that has been collected in billions, where are they? Who is having those monies? Or is it just paper report? If we are really serious, the management of our economy should take us to a higher ground so that we would be able to survive. I don’t have complete trust in our government when they keep telling us that this thing is going to help us, but instead of helping, we are back to square one; even worse than where we were. That’s my concern, and I would rather we follow our constitution and do the right thing.

“Like I said earlier; when it comes to money in Nigeria, I’m concerned. Look at the road that has been taking lives between Abuja and Lokoja; and lots of other roads that are killing people all over the place. So many governments have told us they are going to fix it. But has it been fixed? Or is there magic in Sukuk loans that is going to do it now? I don’t think so. I think the Sukuk loans will follow the same path and end up in people’s pockets.

All I’m saying is that Sukuk is a Sharia loan, meaning Muslim loan, and that is why we are talking to the government and not to any individual. We do not have any issue with any Muslim; we are talking to our government that is representing Christians, Muslims, atheists, traditional rulers, and basically all Nigerians. That is why we are getting their attention; not to engage ourselves with any particular group.

“From the little I know about Sukuk bonds, anything that money is used for, is shared with Saudi Arabia. It’s an Islamic thing and I believe that if this money was from a Christian perspective, the Muslims would not agree. So, all we’re saying is that the government is supposed to be for all Nigerians. Don’t fight one religion. We have written and we are going to take steps.”

Meanwhile, the federal government released the proceeds of the N100bn sukuk bond for the financing of 25 road projects being handled by the federal ministry of power, works and housing across the country.

NAIJ.com gathered that the minister of finance, Kemi Adeosun, handed over the N100bn proceeds cheque to the minister of power, works and housing, Babatunde Fashola, in Abuja on Thursday, October 5.

https://www.naij.com/1129272-we-accept-sukuk-bond-islamic-loan-can.html
Re: Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 08, 2017
CAN sef.... I am Christian buh, I don't get it. I support things that makes economic sense. The low interest of the bond makes economic sense. Other issues they are raising doesn't make sense to me...

3 Likes

Re: Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
bode
Re: Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
CAN need some spiritual cleansing

1 Like

Re: Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by bigtt76(f): 2:02pm On Oct 08, 2017
I don't understand CAN's business here .....I thought they're like 'Money is the root of evil' ....'Vanity upon Vanity' ....why bother if it is Sukuk or Sukous? Did FGN force anyone to subscribe? Haba!!!

Why are we like this in this country? Can't somwan do something without it being politicized or condemned along religious lines? Same thing the Moslems will not drink alcohol but will partake of VAT from its sales.

I wish they let us all be!!!

1 Like

Re: Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by adem30: 2:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
I suggest these pastors sell their private jets and establish their own bank, then borrow FG money
Re: Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by Blue3k(m): 2:05pm On Oct 08, 2017
I'm not sure what bug deal is. Is it only Muslims that are allowed to invest in these bonds. All it is a bond that doesn't charge interest.

Sukuk represents undivided shares in the ownership of tangible assets relating to particular projects or special investment activity. A sukuk investor has a common share in the ownership of the assets linked to the investment although this does not represent a debt owed to the issuer of the bond
Consequently sukuk holders are entitled to a share in the revenues generated by the Sukuk assets. The sale of sukuk relates to the sale of a proportionate share in the assets.

Source: http://lexicon.ft.com/Term?term=sukuk-(Islamic-bonds)
Re: Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by RZArecta(m): 2:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
CAN is right, I totally support them on this one besides, 100bn naira is a paltry amount for a fed govt to go begging for outside except there's been heavy lies in our 2017 budget implementation by the FG as usual.

My suggestion ? Five mega churches should borrow Nigeria 100bn naira interest free loan.

Re: Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by Akissani: 2:10pm On Oct 08, 2017
From 29th of may 2015 till date, CAN has just been a useless organisation!

#KISS THE TRUTH#
Re: Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by Karlovich: 2:13pm On Oct 08, 2017
buhari is a terrorist and all his crazy proposals must be opposed.
Re: Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by truth4u: 2:13pm On Oct 08, 2017
All those so called " I am a Christian" ranting against CAN should know that CAN is like their pastor, MOG and should support anything from the church. Besides, any thing Islamic in Nigerian always have hidden agenda behind it.... Even the Arabic words on the military logo, all have it hidden meaning....

2 Likes

Re: Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by abbaapple: 2:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
shocked

CAN and money are like 5&6, just becourse the word Islam is attached to it that is why they rejected it.
Tufiakwa! undecided
Re: Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by Danladi7: 2:19pm On Oct 08, 2017
CAN and islamophobia
Re: Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by IJOBA2: 2:19pm On Oct 08, 2017
Campusity:
CAN sef.... I am Christian buh, I don't get it. I support things that makes economic sense. The low interest of the bond makes economic sense. Other issues they are raising doesn't make sense to me...
WE CHRISTIAN NIGGAS DON DEY COME OUTgrin
Re: Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by abbaapple: 2:20pm On Oct 08, 2017
truth4u:
All those so called " I am a Christian" ranting against CAN should know that CAN is like their pastor, MOG and should support anything from the church. Besides, any thing Islamic in Nigerian always have hidden agenda behind it.... Even the Arabic words on the military logo, all have it hidden meaning....

Gerrarahia!!!
MyouMyou

Re: Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by IJOBA2: 2:22pm On Oct 08, 2017
truth4u:
THE SO CALLED "IAM A CHRISTIAN" ARE ALL YORUBA MUSLIMS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by wickyyolo: 2:25pm On Oct 08, 2017
I'm a Christian. But I think this man is stupid.

Just because the money is coming from Saudi it means it's Islamic.

Islamic loans are known for interest free rate.

If the money is to be used by the South it is a welcome idea. Even as President I will accept.

But if the money is used for only North thats is where the problem lies
Re: Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by Blue3k(m): 2:26pm On Oct 08, 2017
“From the little I know about Sukuk bonds, anything that money is used for, is shared with Saudi Arabia. It’s an Islamic thing and I believe that if this money was from a Christian perspective, the Muslims would not agree.

No its not shared with Saudi Arabia No financial article I've seen claims such. From a Christian perspective meaning what exactly. If you're talking about loans with interest muslims don't complain.
Re: Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by clarocuzioo(m): 2:34pm On Oct 08, 2017
I am in total support of this, from the look of things in this country, there is an underground plan to islamize this country. The details of this bond should be made public so we understand perfectly well what we are into. #100bn is such a small money for us to enter into this controversial bond that we don't know the details, it can easily be taken from the recovered Diezani loot. It's just like the inscription on the logo of Nigerian Army which means " Victory Alone Comes From Allah" they are using God to give it a Christian coloration and deceive us. Also it is worth to note that during Jihad in Islam, before the war begins, a horse rider comes out and shouts this, and then goes back for the jihad to commence.
Our Christian leaders should also Wade into this, Redeem, Winners and some other top mega churches can contribute this money and give the Federal government, that way there will be no need for the controversial bond.

1 Like

Re: Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by bolanto24(m): 2:56pm On Oct 08, 2017
To hell with their Islamic bond. We don't need it.

1 Like

Re: Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by Sirjamo: 3:19pm On Oct 08, 2017
To CAN: The bond has been oversubscribed; the money has been handed over to the ministry of works to finance some important projects all over the country, and yes it's an Islamic bond so there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it.
If CAN has any balls, Buhari is in Aso villa, they should go and kill him there, fools.
Re: Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by citizenY(m): 3:36pm On Oct 08, 2017
wickyyolo:
I'm a Christian. But I think this man is stupid.

Just because the money is coming from Saudi it means it's Islamic.

Islamic loans are known for interest free rate.

If the money is to be used by the South it is a welcome idea. Even as President I will accept.

But if the money is used for only North thats is where the problem lies

There is something called "conscious objection" and of course "freedom of movement" ., anybody opposed to the financing mode of the projects through Suukkuk should help himself the horror by not using the roads when they are ready .

For now, a lot of water has passed under the bridge.

Alternatively, CAN should approach the Vatican, Archbishop of Canterbury and our home grown prosperity preachers to arrange further loans on better terms than Sukkuk, which every right thinking Nigerian will support.

I understand one local pastor is building a N40billion auditorium.

1 Like

Re: Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by elgeehione: 5:14pm On Oct 08, 2017
This can is just a canker-worm.Don't they put their brain to use any more.The conventional banking system is ready to exploit the poor masses to the last penny they possess.Here we are with a system that is masses friendly and yet the slow poke can membership are ready to support the way Nigerian masses are being exploited by these conventional banks.What an irony. The simple truth is that in UK and European countries allow this sukkuk system in order to benefit her poor masses. This useless canker worm called CAN should find something better to do with their organizations.Let them focus more on how their members are exploiting the gullible ones in their so call business centers (church).I beg we are tired of this Islamisation.It's sickening.
Re: Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by tartar9(m): 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2017
That man needs a private jet
Re: Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan by planetzoom: 9:45pm On Oct 08, 2017
CAN is a busybody,they should also introduce bonds that can christianize nigeria,so far it is economically good,federal government will accept it with open arms

(1) (Reply)

Quotes From The Catholic Church / Dominion City VGC - Annual Thanksgiving Service / The Origin Of Madness : The Three Smart Crooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.