Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,302 members, 7,842,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Knowledge Of Scripture As It Reveals Christ And Him Crucified Alone - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Knowledge Of Scripture As It Reveals Christ And Him Crucified Alone (88 Views)

"Is The Watchtower Organisation A Trustworthy Interpreter Of Scripture?" / Holy Names In Celestial Church Of Christ And Their Uses In Psalms / Sukuk Bonds Are Islamic Loans - CAN Insist On Rejecting It; Reveals Next Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Knowledge Of Scripture As It Reveals Christ And Him Crucified Alone by ochibuogwu5: 9:38am On Apr 30, 2021
Knowledge of the Scriptures as it reveals Christ and Him Crucified alone:
"For I resolved to know nothing (to be acquainted with nothing, to make a display of the knowledge of nothing, and to be conscious of nothing) among you except Jesus Christ (the Messiah) and Him crucified." (1 Cor. 2:2 ampc)

"The same day some Sadducees, who say that there is no resurrection [of the dead], came to Him and they asked Him a question,

24 Saying, Teacher, Moses said, If a man dies, leaving no children, his brother shall marry the widow and raise up a family for his brother.

25 Now there were seven brothers among us; the first married and died, and, having no children, left his wife to his brother.

26 The second also died childless, and the third, down to the seventh.

27 Last of all, the woman died also.

28 Now, in the resurrection, to which of the seven will she be wife? For they all had her.

29 But Jesus replied to them, You are wrong because you know neither the Scriptures nor God’s power.

30 For in the resurrected state neither do [men] marry nor are [women] given in marriage, but they are like the angels in heaven.

31 But as to the resurrection of the dead—have you never read what was said to you by God,

32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? He is not the God of the dead but of the living!

33 And when the throng heard it, they were astonished and filled with [glad] amazement at His teaching." (Matthew 22:23-33 ampc)

Knowledge of the Scriptures as it reveals *Christ and Him Crucified alone under the Holy Spirit Revelation* is the only means of *discovering the perfect-will of God for our human existence* not just some personal interpretations or traditional interpretations of some persons/institutions/groups thus
"Jesus said to them "You search and investigate and pore over the Scriptures diligently, because you suppose and trust that you have eternal life through them. *And these [very Scriptures] testify(bears witness) about Me*!

40 And still you are not willing [but refuse] to come to Me, so that you might have life.

41 I receive not glory from men [I crave no human honor, I look for no mortal fame],

42 But I know you and recognize and understand that you have not the love of God in you.

43 I have come in My Father’s name and with His power, and you do not receive Me [your hearts are not open to Me, you give Me no welcome]; but if another comes in his own name and his own power and with no other authority but himself, you will receive him and give him your approval.

44 How is it possible for you to believe [how can you learn to believe], you who [are content to seek and] receive praise and honor and glory from one another, and yet do not seek the praise and honor and glory which come from Him Who alone is God?

45 *Put out of your minds the thought and do not suppose [as some of you are supposing] that I will accuse you before the Father. There is one who accuses you—it is Moses(the church doctrines/dogmas/names of persons used for prayers instead of Jesus name/groups/institution names), the very one on whom you have built your hopes [in whom you trust].*

46 For if you believed and relied on Moses, you would believe and rely on Me, for *he wrote about Me [personally]*.

47 But if you do not believe and trust his writings, how then will you believe and trust My teachings? [How shall you cleave to and rely on My words?]" (John 5:39-47 ampc)

"But when *He, the Spirit of Truth (the Truth-giving Spirit) comes, He will guide you into all the Truth (the whole, full Truth)*. For *He will not speak His own message [on His own authority]; but He will tell whatever He hears [from the Father; He will give the message that has been given to Him], and He will announce and declare to you the things that are to come [that will happen in the future]*.

14 *He will honor and glorify Me, because He will take of (receive, draw upon) what is Mine and will reveal (declare, disclose, transmit) it to you*.

15 Everything that the Father has is Mine. *That is what I meant when I said that He [the Spirit] will take the things that are Mine and will reveal (declare, disclose, transmit) it to you* ." (John 16:13-15 ampc)

(1) (Reply)

The Father’s Hand / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:thursday , May 6, 2021 / Azemobor Gregory In An Interview With The Sunday Tribune On 11 April 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.