Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members (44900 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by NaijaCover(m): 4:16pm On Jan 11, 2022
A chef who was a member of Jehovah's Witness has died allegedly after refusing financial aid from a Catholic Church, Reports.

From The Information Gathered By , Ogechukwu Ochiaga had been ill for a while and her story was shared online last year as people begged for donations to help sponsor her medical treatment.

One of those who shared her story is a Facebook user known as Bro Can Mbanefo and he begged people to donate any amount they have.

He returned to Facebook today, Jan 11, to reveal that Ogechukwu died yesterday.

While announcing her death, he called out Jehovah's Witness and blamed their doctrine for her death.

He claimed that a Catholic Church in Italy found out about her case and reached out to pay for her surgery. However she allegedly refused to take the money from the Catholic Church as her Church doctrine forbids it.

Mbanefo added that she said she was only willing to accept the money if it comes from a personal account, not from the church.

The money was then donated by the church to other sick people.

Friends have taken to Facebook to mourn Ogechukwu.

JEHOVAH WITNESS KILLED OGE WITH THEIR BRAINWASHING DOCTRINE & TEACHINGS.

We lost Ogechukwu Ochiagha yesterday. She will be buried tomorrow.

First of all, I wish to thank all that sent money to Oge when she was in the hospital. the God you serve will bless you all without looking back and May you never be stranded in life. Amen.

About six months ago, when Oge's sickness was not as bad as it was lately, a Catholic community based in Italy got to know about her sickness and decided to assist.
They raise a huge amount of money which could have handled her situation then.

But when they contacted Oge to send her account details. Oge told them it was against her Jehovah witness faith to collect money from Catholic Church. Both the priest and the members of the church were so disappointed. And the money was used for other sick people.

After I made an appeal fund post about her on my wall, a member from the same Catholic Community called me from Italy and told me their ugly experience with Oge. But told me they were still willing to assist if she has changed her mind.

I called Oge and she confirmed that truly she rejected their offer. I did my best to convince her to accept the offer from Italy.
To cut the long story short, when one of the guys from Italy called her again, she still rejected the offer from the Catholic community.

She then told the brother that he can send his personal money to her instead of sending the donation from the church. Eventually, out of pity and for the sake of humanity, the brother sent something to her from his personal account.

Meanwhile, it was Oge who chatted me and asked if I could link her up with any NGO.
But when NGO came, her Jehovah witness teachings could not allow her notice them.

When I attack some church leaders, people think I don't go to church. This is one of the reasons I attack them. How can you brainwash your members with lies for your selfish interest and at the detriment of their health?

Dear Oge, I am not blaming you. I blame those that laid such foundation for you. Because if I got the same foundation, I could have acted the same way or even worse than yours.
You had always been a strong woman and you fought gallantly against this sickness. But I guess the time was up.

May your lovely soul rest in perfect peace. Amen.
Bro Can still loves you.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4909874832391867&id=100001081974124

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Bola146(f): 4:20pm On Jan 11, 2022
Safe journey undecided ignorance is a very bad disease!

Don't quote me

184 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by NaijaCover(m): 4:21pm On Jan 11, 2022
Bola146:
Safe journey undecided

Don't quote me

See More Photos Via www.. com

1 Like

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Kajaard: 4:23pm On Jan 11, 2022
Good riddance. Very close minded cult. Yes I said it. Jehovah Witness operates like a CULT angry

164 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by madridguy(m): 4:25pm On Jan 11, 2022
Verse 6. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, ... "Lack of knowledge": "of God" (Hosea 4:1), that is, lack of piety.

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by NaijaCover(m): 4:27pm On Jan 11, 2022
See More Reactions As Obtained By Below:

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by spydera: 4:29pm On Jan 11, 2022
They are more like Jehovah weakness (spits)

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by daddytime(m): 4:43pm On Jan 11, 2022
Jehovah is a Witness to her folly...

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Dollarremix(m): 4:58pm On Jan 11, 2022
Jehovah witness be like cult nah.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Bola146(f): 5:05pm On Jan 11, 2022
post=109279715:

See More Photos Via www.. com

See your life lipsrsealed

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by habsydiamond(m): 5:37pm On Jan 11, 2022
Ur faith will set u free.. Her faith has set her free to any of the two H's if u know u know. Sick person get strength to reject donation... O boy see how she come be like aids patient.. God I don't pray for such sickness for me, my family, friends and well wishers oo

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Flamees(m): 6:40pm On Jan 11, 2022
wetin concern me, that your rubbish church and doctrine no fit save you
you dey do guy
Na here i know say begger get choice oo

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by NaijaCover(m): 7:30pm On Jan 11, 2022
Bola146:

See your life lipsrsealed

You have started again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by siofra(f): 7:56pm On Jan 11, 2022
She's safe now. Where she is there is no Catholicism neither is there religion. RIP Oge.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:37pm On Jan 11, 2022
siofra:
She's safe now. Where she is there is no Catholicism neither is there religion. RIP Oge.
Safe where?

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by siofra(f): 8:39pm On Jan 11, 2022
fuckingAyaya:
Safe where?

Who knows? Wherever she is.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Briller: 8:42pm On Jan 11, 2022
Hmmm. I don't want to sound judgemental but 90percent of the JW members I have come across are hypocrites. Argue with your ancestors if you doubt my submissions but if you know you know.

They claim they don't celebrate birthdays, yet partake of birthday cakes....
They claim they don't celebrate Christmas, yet partake in the chicken and all other orishirishi used to celebrate Christmas...
They practice endogamy but commit adultery with people of other faith...
They work in civil service but don't respect national symbol such as anthem, yet they benefit from the same system as long as they are paid salaries from taxpayers money...
They cheat the system by using official hours to go out for evangelism so that their marks would be accorded them in their drive to gain more converts...
They love their Christian brothers and sisters more than their biological siblings...SMH

The list is endless.

141 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by FirmTR(m): 8:49pm On Jan 11, 2022
shocked
, abeg indicate graphic content for your heading.

Lord, have mercy.

3 Likes

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:16pm On Jan 11, 2022
Religion is a big cult na..why are people acting like they don't know..
Keep caging yourself under religion.. grin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Bedtec: 9:19pm On Jan 11, 2022
She's very stupid make she die abeg.... This senseless religious beliefs was what made me drop the babe I was supposes to marry then ... All this my pastor said , my daddy in the Lord this and that, my church forbids it... Make she go to he'll for being stupid abeg

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by andyanders: 9:38pm On Jan 11, 2022
Briller:
Hmmm. I don't want to sound judgemental but 90percent of the JW members I have come across are hypocrites. Argue with your ancestors if you doubt my submissions but if you know you know.

They claim they don't celebrate Christmas, yet partake in the chicken and all other orishirishi used to celebrate Christmas...
They work in civil service but don't respect national symbol such as anthem, yet they benefit from the same system as long as they are paid salaries from taxpayers money...
They cheat the system by using official hours to go out for evangelism so that their marks would be accorded them in their drive to gain more converts...
They love their Christian brothers and sisters more than their biological siblings...SMH

The list is endless.

On point.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by soundOsonic: 9:44pm On Jan 11, 2022
Next time they follow people matter
Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by excanny: 10:34pm On Jan 11, 2022
And her stvpid JW church will never raised money to save her life, yet she foolishly obeys their doctrines to death.

This cult religion should be banned globally.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Karemarealty288(m): 11:18pm On Jan 11, 2022
They are against Christmas, against birthdays, against blood transfusion, believes everyone will die and they inherit all the houses in banana island.....haba
Very sadistic fellowship..

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Dynmyt: 11:58pm On Jan 11, 2022
Briller:

The list is endless.

You are high on too much sense

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by agentarcher(m): 1:25am On Jan 12, 2022
Na cult before, big one. Filled with hypocrites.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by kingPhidel(m): 5:40am On Jan 12, 2022
Where dem ? Make wunna come answer oo

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by MVLOX(m): 5:46am On Jan 12, 2022
Hmmmm... One of the biggest problem we have as Nigerians is that we are just too reactionary.... They are like the police. They shoot first before investigating. Nigerian are too quick to judge based on one side of the story. In Nigeria who speaks first and uses social media very well has won already.

It's sadly really....

5 Likes

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by walteriyke: 5:58am On Jan 12, 2022
Oge your mumu na first class

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by Optimistguy1969: 6:44am On Jan 12, 2022
So, why didn't they (JW) help her?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members by joyandfaith: 7:28am On Jan 12, 2022
post=109279547:
Update From . COM

A chef who was a member of Jehovah's Witness has died allegedly after refusing financial aid from a Catholic Church, Reports.

From The Information Gathered By , Ogechukwu Ochiaga had been ill for a while and her story was shared online last year as people begged for donations to help sponsor her medical treatment.

One of those who shared her story is a Facebook user known as Bro Can Mbanefo and he begged people to donate any amount they have, Learnt.

He returned to Facebook today, Jan 11, to reveal that Ogechukwu died yesterday.

While announcing her death, he called out Jehovah's Witness and blamed their doctrine for her death.

He claimed that a Catholic Church in Italy found out about her case and reached out to pay for her surgery. However she allegedly refused to take the money from the Catholic Church as her Church doctrine forbids it.

Mbanefo added that she said she was only willing to accept the money if it comes from a personal account, not from the church.

The money was then donated by the church to other sick people.

Friends have taken to Facebook to mourn Ogechukwu.

See Photos As Obtained By Below:

Source: BLOG

Misinformation. Accepting financial help from any individual or organisation is personal responsibility. It is not part of JW doctrine.
We don't have the details and social media sensation may not provide accurate picture.

Beliefs of JW, culled from www.jw.org.
As Jehovah’s Witnesses, we strive to adhere to the form of Christianity that Jesus taught and that his apostles practiced. This article summarizes our basic beliefs.

God. We worship the one true and Almighty God, the Creator, whose name is Jehovah. (Psalm 83:18; Revelation 4:​11) He is the God of Abraham, Moses, and Jesus.​—Exodus 3:6; 32:11; John 20:17.

Bible. We recognize the Bible as God’s inspired message to humans. (John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:​16) We base our beliefs on all 66 of its books, which include both the “Old Testament” and the “New Testament.” Professor Jason D. BeDuhn aptly described it when he wrote that Jehovah’s Witnesses built “their system of belief and practice from the raw material of the Bible without predetermining what was to be found there.” *

While we accept the entire Bible, we are not fundamentalists. We recognize that parts of the Bible are written in figurative or symbolic language and are not to be understood literally.​—Revelation 1:1.

Jesus. We follow the teachings and example of Jesus Christ and honor him as our Savior and as the Son of God. (Matthew 20:28; Acts 5:​31) Thus, we are Christians. (Acts 11:26) However, we have learned from the Bible that Jesus is not Almighty God and that there is no Scriptural basis for the Trinity doctrine.​—John 14:28.

The Kingdom of God
. This is a real government in heaven, not a condition in the hearts of Christians. It will replace human governments and accomplish God’s purpose for the earth. (Daniel 2:​44; Matthew 6:​9, 10) It will take these actions soon, for Bible prophecy indicates that we are living in “the last days.”​—2 Timothy 3:​1-5; Matthew 24:​3-​14.

Jesus is the King of God’s Kingdom in heaven. He began ruling in 1914.​—Revelation 11:15.

Salvation. Deliverance from sin and death is possible through the ransom sacrifice of Jesus. (Matthew 20:28; Acts 4:​12) To benefit from that sacrifice, people must not only exercise faith in Jesus but also change their course of life and get baptized. (Matthew 28:19, 20; John 3:​16; Acts 3:​19, 20) A person’s works prove that his faith is alive. (James 2:​24, 26) However, salvation cannot be earned​—it comes through “the undeserved kindness of God.”​—Galatians 2:​16, 21.

Heaven. Jehovah God, Jesus Christ, and the faithful angels reside in the spirit realm. * (Psalm 103:19-​21; Acts 7:​55) A relatively small number of people​—144,000​—will be resurrected to life in heaven to rule with Jesus in the Kingdom.​—Daniel 7:​27; 2 Timothy 2:​12; Revelation 5:​9, 10; 14:​1, 3.

A woman and a little girl work together in a flower garden
Earth. God created the earth to be mankind’s eternal home. (Psalm 104:5; 115:16; Ecclesiastes 1:4) God will bless obedient people with perfect health and everlasting life in an earthly paradise.​—Psalm 37:11, 34.

Evil and suffering
. These began when one of God’s angels rebelled. (John 8:​44) This angel, who after his rebellion was called “Satan” and “Devil,” persuaded the first human couple to join him, and the consequences have been disastrous for their descendants. (Genesis 3:​1-6; Romans 5:​12) In order to settle the moral issues raised by Satan, God has allowed evil and suffering, but He will not permit them to continue forever.

Death. People who die pass out of existence. (Psalm 146:4; Ecclesiastes 9:​5, 10) They do not suffer in a fiery hell of torment.

God will bring billions back from death by means of a resurrection. (Acts 24:15) However, those who refuse to learn God’s ways after being raised to life will be destroyed forever with no hope of a resurrection.​—Revelation 20:14, 15.

Family. We adhere to God’s original standard of marriage as the union of one man and one woman, with sexual immorality being the only valid basis for divorce. (Matthew 19:​4-9) We are convinced that the wisdom found in the Bible helps families to succeed.​—Ephesians 5:22–​6:1.

Our worship. We do not venerate the cross or any other images. (Deuteronomy 4:​15-​19; 1 John 5:​21) Key aspects of our worship include the following:

Praying to God.​—Philippians 4:6.

Reading and studying the Bible.​—Psalm 1:​1-3.

Meditating on what we learn from the Bible.​—Psalm 77:12.

Meeting together to pray, study the Bible, sing, express our faith, and encourage fellow Witnesses and others.​—Colossians 3:​16; Hebrews 10:23-​25.

Preaching the “good news of the Kingdom.”​—Matthew 24:14.

Helping those in need.​—James 2:​14-​17.

Constructing and maintaining Kingdom Halls and other facilities used to further our worldwide Bible educational work.​—Psalm 127:1.

Sharing in disaster relief.​—Acts 11:27-​30.

A congregation meeting of Jehovah’s Witnesses
Our organization. We are organized into congregations, each of which is overseen by a body of elders. However, the elders do not form a clergy class, and they are unsalaried. (Matthew 10:8; 23:cool We do not practice tithing, and no collections are ever taken at our meetings. (2 Corinthians 9:7) All our activities are supported by anonymous donations.

Our unity. We are globally united in our beliefs. (1 Corinthians 1:​10) We also work hard to have no social, ethnic, racial, or class divisions. (Acts 10:34, 35; James 2:4) Our unity allows for personal choice, though. Each Witness makes decisions in harmony with his or her own Bible-trained conscience.​—Romans 14:​1-4; Hebrews 5:​14.

Our conduct. We strive to show unselfish love in all our actions. (John 13:34, 35) We avoid practices that displease God, including the misuse of blood by taking blood transfusions. (Acts 15:28, 29; Galatians 5:​19-​21) We are peaceful and do not participate in warfare. (Matthew 5:9; Isaiah 2:4) We respect the government where we live and obey its laws as long as these do not call on us to disobey God’s laws.​—Matthew 22:21; Acts 5:​29.

Our relationships with others. Jesus commanded: “You must love your neighbor as yourself.” He also said that Christians “are no part of the world.” (Matthew 22:39; John 17:16) So we try to “work what is good toward all,” yet we remain strictly neutral in political affairs and avoid affiliation with other religions. (Galatians 6:​10; 2 Corinthians 6:​14) However, we respect the choices that others make in such matters.​—Romans 14:12.

If you have further questions about the beliefs of Jehovah’s Witnesses, you can read more about us on our website, contact one of our offices, attend a meeting at a Kingdom Hall near you, or speak to one of the Witnesses in your area.

34 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Pastor Gushes About His Honeymoon Experience: “It Is Very Sweet!” (Video) / If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On / T.B Joshua Heals Man With Anal Cancer (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.