Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched (73397 Views)

Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) / Senator Saraki Pays Kwara LG Workers N16.9m Salary Arrears / Seni Saraki Graduates From London School Of Economics. Saraki & Wife Attend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by Klinee: 9:07am On Oct 09, 2017
TimeMod3:
A yoruba boy dey postrate to a yoruba emir, igbos dey here dey burst muscles.. Nawa o.
Saraki family are not Yoruba oooo, they are Fulanis.
Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by jollymizzle(m): 9:11am On Oct 09, 2017
bigiyaro:
fvckin slaves in dia own ancesral land. imagine an oba in sokoto
emir is not a fulani title
Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by Klinee: 9:17am On Oct 09, 2017
janellemonae:

The emir is yoruba.
Bukola saraki is yoruba.
Ilorin can NOT have an oba. There is no royal family there. It was under the jurisdiction of the alaafin of oyo. Afonja was NEVER of any royal stock. What family will produce an oba and who will coronate him?? What rites will be performed and who will perform it?? Ilorin was just a border town of the old oyo empire. That was why warriors (afonja) were ordered to protect the Oyo kingdom from there.
Shut up!!!! you lie!!!

the emir is a Fulani

Bukola Saraki is a Fulani

Ilorin is under the jurisdiction and control by the Fulani emirate and was never under oyo empire.
Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 09, 2017
jollymizzle:
Nairalanders especially the igbos, pls let us learn as learning is the privilege of the living. Pls stop asking why there is an emir in Ilorin instead of an Oba. Emir is an Islamic title not a fulani or hausa title. Ilorin is predominantly Muslim and they have an emir. They may choose to have an Oba one day. But stop making it seem as if emir belongs to the fulani people, it's Arabic. Thank you.
So why did Ilorin choose to have an Emir, since they had an Oba in the past ?
Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 09, 2017
Klinee:
Really? What do you know?
Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by jollymizzle(m): 9:29am On Oct 09, 2017
zenmaster:

So why did Ilorin choose to have an Emir, since they had an Oba in the past ?
they never had an oba, afonja himself was a titled chief of the oyo kingdom under alaafin
Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by bigiyaro(m): 9:34am On Oct 09, 2017
janellemonae:

Uneducated bigot. Lesson. Kwara is not ilorin. We are talking about ilorin. You dont even know the difference. Or the fact that there are many obas of towns in kwara state. You are not only pretty stupid, u are very very stupid. You must be igbo.
anyway u look at it u r fvckin fulani slave in ur own fatherland.
Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by jollymizzle(m): 9:40am On Oct 09, 2017
Klinee:
Shut up!!!! you lie!!!

the emir is a Fulani

Ilorin is under the jurisdiction and control by the Fulani emirate and was never under oyo empire.
a simple trip to Wikipedia will enlighten you and besides how can you claim to know more than we the yorubas about the history of a Yoruba town. Saraki being yoruba or fulani is another matter, but should you ever have the opportunity to visit the emirs Palace, you shouldn't be surprised to discover that what you will hear is pure unadulterated yoruba language
Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by Klinee: 9:51am On Oct 09, 2017
jollymizzle:
a simple trip to Wikipedia will enlighten you and besides how can you claim to know more than we the yorubas about the history of a Yoruba town. Saraki being yoruba or fulani is another matter, but should you ever have the opportunity to visit the emirs Palace, you shouldn't be surprised to discover that what you will hear is pure unadulterated yoruba language
What do you mean by the language? Igala Mela people in kogi speak neat Igbo language does that make them Igbos?
Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by jollymizzle(m): 9:55am On Oct 09, 2017
Klinee:
What do you mean by the language? Igala Mela people in kogi speak neat Igbo language does that make them Igbos?
well Ilorin is yoruba, you can ask anyone you know who originated from the place. Hope this settles the matter
Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 09, 2017
jollymizzle:
they never had an oba, afonja himself was a titled chief of the oyo kingdom under alaafin
Great.
So how and why did they move from Alaafin to Emir?
And what happened to the Alaafin?
Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by jollymizzle(m): 10:13am On Oct 09, 2017
zenmaster:

Great.
So how and why did they move from Alaafin to Emir?
And what happened to the Alaafin?
Ilorin was a garrison town, just like ibadan, the ibadan people decided to have an olubadan, now they recently decided to add 30 more lol.tho there are obas and there are obas. The Ilorin people being what we call the foremost Muslim city in yoruba land have an Emir. Just like they have in Saudi, UAE, Afghanistan etc. They never for once had an oba in Ilorin, it was headed by a chief,/garrison commander, afonja being the last before it fell to jihadist who happen to be of fulani origin. Jihad being how Islam was propagated to most Muslim countries or state of the world, including Saudi Arabia itself
Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 09, 2017
jollymizzle:
Ilorin was a garrison town, just like ibadan, the ibadan people decided to have an olubadan, now they recently decided to add 30 more lol.tho there are obas and there are obas. The Ilorin people being what we call the foremost Muslim city in yoruba land have an Emir. Just like they have in Saudi, UAE, Afghanistan etc. They never for once had an oba in Ilorin, it was headed by a chief,/garrison commander, afonja being the last before it fell to jihadist who happen to be of fulani origin. Jihad being how Islam was propagated to most Muslim countries or state of the world, including Saudi Arabia itself
Well, the point is that Ilorin fell to Jihadis because of the mumuism of Afonja
Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 09, 2017
bigiyaro:
anyway u look at it u r fvckin fulani slave in ur own fatherland.
Lol! Na so. Im only replying u to set records straight for gullible readers. Dont think I take any of ur propagandist rant (lies) serious.
Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by BakireBulmaker: 10:39am On Oct 09, 2017
perryy:

Which Yoruba ? Is Bukola saraki not a Fulani man? They are just using Yoruba names for political gains because they know Yoruba own the state though they are second class citizens unqualified to rule.

Shut up!

Can you tell a Yoruba man better than a fellow Yoruba

Saraki is a pure Yoruba man. Abubakar is not on his international passport.
Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by jollymizzle(m): 10:49am On Oct 09, 2017
zenmaster:

Well, the point is that Ilorin fell to Jihadis because of the mumuism of Afonja
are you implying the Saudis, fulani themselves, the Indonesians, the turks etc are mumus? You may be a Christian just like me, but I doubt u know the history of Christianity. The crusades in Christianity is the exact copy of jihad. That happened to be the way things were done then. Christianity only had another option, evangelism. Now adopted by islamists too. So stop being petty. It only makes you seem ignorant
Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by adeswagsdmj(m): 11:02am On Oct 09, 2017
Klinee:
Shut up!!!! you lie!!!

the emir is a Fulani

Was never under the Oyo empire like seriously you know nothing boy

GO and read on the Old Oyo empire
Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by BakireBulmaker: 11:05am On Oct 09, 2017
Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by BakireBulmaker: 11:06am On Oct 09, 2017
Klinee:

Are you their ancestor or patriarch

How come their surname is Yoruba?

Gerrarahere!
Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 09, 2017
jollymizzle:
are you implying the Saudis, fulani themselves, the Indonesians, the turks etc are mumus?
This is your conclusion, not mine.

jollymizzle:

You may be a Christian just like me, but I doubt u know the history of Christianity. The crusades in Christianity is the exact copy of jihad. That happened to be the way things were done then. Christianity only had another option, evangelism. Now adopted by islamists too. So stop being petty. It only makes you seem ignorant
Read more and stop deflecting

Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by jollymizzle(m): 11:18am On Oct 09, 2017
zenmaster:

This is your conclusion, not mine.

Read more and stop deflecting
You said and I quote "Ilorin fell to the Jihadis because of Afonja mumuism." that was what I responded to. Now that you know emir is an Arabic title not a fulani title. I have no reason to argue with you
Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 09, 2017
jollymizzle:
You said and I quote "Ilorin fell to the Jihadis because of Afonja mumuism." that was what I responded to. Now that you know emir is an Arabic title not a fulani title. I have no reason to argue with you
Afonja betrayed his oga, the Alaafin.
Is that not a case of serious mumism?
Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by bobokunlexzy: 11:43am On Oct 09, 2017
I'm really sorry for Kwarans if this "Beard Gang" Guy becomes Governor. U can't just start to dey imagine d atrocities e go perpetrate.
Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by Jaiyeola24(m): 10:19pm On Oct 09, 2017
adeswagsdmj:

It pays them to be on both sides watch presidential campaign SARAKI spoke Yoruba after collecting the mic from BUHARI he said let me talk to my people in our language

The EMIR middle name is Yoruba

The EMIR mother is a pure Yoruba woman
oga for learning purpose am not here to insult but just to educate you. The emir's mother isn't a yoruba woman she didn't even have iota of yoruba blood and she is highly refers to as royalty in totality she is a daughter of an emir, emir abdulkadir 1, sister of an emir abdulkadir 2, wife of an emir Zuluqurnain 1 and mother of the present emir everyone in ilorin knows this. And for the yoruba names is not only emir that bears that all of us with Fulani origin bears that though I don't know why and I see this as a challenge and will definitely make a consultation to find out why but I think is political.
Re: Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched by Jaiyeola24(m): 10:26pm On Oct 09, 2017
adeswagsdmj:

Was never under the Oyo empire like seriously you know nothing boy

GO and read on the Old Oyo empire
Bros maybe you should go and re-read the history of oyo empire ilorin was never under oyo empire in fact ilorin was just a meeting point for warlords and their followers it was not under control of any Kingdom sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Leaders Visit Jonathan In his Otuoke Residence (Pictures) / Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Signed By Jewish Rabbi & Enyinnaya Abaribe In Abuja (Photos) / Is Aisha Buhari Pregnant? — Nigerians React To New Photos Of First Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.