Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,963 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Are Nigerian Men This Brutal? Why Would A Man Kill His Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Nigerian Men This Brutal? Why Would A Man Kill His Wife? (1621 Views)

Are Nigerian Women Truely The Most Unfaithful? Vanguard Article / Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? / The Truth About Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerian Men This Brutal? Why Would A Man Kill His Wife? by maboola: 1:51pm On Mar 09, 2010
I stumbled on this blog today and was just wondering.

In Tennessee, a Nigerian man after taking it for so long, lost his cool and shot his Registered Nurse wife as well as his hitherto mother in-law to death with a shot gun. According to the account this RN wife was married from Nigeria a pauper and brought to the United States by this man, who trained her in school as a registered nurse. Soon after her qualification, the demon in her was let loose and it became one torment after another, with one police call after another followed by sleep-over in police cells and it went on and on ad infinitum. After a protracted battle with the authorities at the wife’s instigation, this man lost his almost nearly paid-off home to his wife, including the custody of his three kids by her. He sees these kids just periodically according to court’s order and at the discretionary behest of the wife who sometimes comes to the appointed custody visitation ground at a time of her choosing; just to punish and suffer this man. He could not take it any longer and now the rest is history with two women shot dead and the killer in death row awaiting the electric chair

http://lindaikeji..com/2008/08/nigerian-men-are-killing-their-wives-in.html
Re: Are Nigerian Men This Brutal? Why Would A Man Kill His Wife? by no1madman(m): 2:34pm On Mar 09, 2010
stupidity!
Re: Are Nigerian Men This Brutal? Why Would A Man Kill His Wife? by brutal(m): 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2010
Dis America sef!
Re: Are Nigerian Men This Brutal? Why Would A Man Kill His Wife? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 09, 2010
brutal:

Dis America sef!
And this ur name sef! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Are Nigerian Men This Brutal? Why Would A Man Kill His Wife? by JustGood(m): 7:05pm On Mar 09, 2010
I dont see any media describe it as "American men" when an American does anything so silly. It is always reported as "a man", not an American. Anytime it involves a Nigerian, why must we tag it with the nationality in order to make it look consigned to Nigerian men?
If someone is involved in evil and American, the media does not report it as an American man but if it a Nigerian, we blow it up and make it sound like it is exclusive to Nigerians.
I am not saying we should not state facts but we should not let it be lop-sided against ourselves unwittingly either.
Re: Are Nigerian Men This Brutal? Why Would A Man Kill His Wife? by brutal(m): 12:18pm On Mar 11, 2010
brutal:

Dis America sef!
i go wound u o! kiss wink
Re: Are Nigerian Men This Brutal? Why Would A Man Kill His Wife? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 11, 2010
brutal:

i go wound u o! kiss wink
I guess you wanted to quote me, but u quoted yourself grin
Re: Are Nigerian Men This Brutal? Why Would A Man Kill His Wife? by Outstrip(f): 8:33pm On Mar 11, 2010
JustGood:

I dont see any media describe it as "American men" when an American does anything so silly. It is always reported as "a man", not an American. Anytime it involves a Nigerian, why must we tag it with the nationality in order to make it look consigned to Nigerian men?
If someone is involved in evil and American, the media does not report it as an American man but if it a Nigerian, we blow it up and make it sound like it is exclusive to Nigerians.
I am not saying we should not state facts but we should not let it be lop-sided against ourselves unwittingly either.

I don't see why it should be a problem. It might not be you but it is many other Nigerian men doing it. Did you see the list. Are Nigerians the only married men in the US. The fact that they all made the news should even tell you how shocking it was. We hear about the Americans that kill their spouses and those ones even make bigger news to them here. Many of these women stay because they don't want people to say she left after he "trained" her in school as if she is a dog. Even some that left were not spared. The men still came after them and killed them after the divorce. I know this article is long but I have even read more than these ones and these are not the only pictures even. Some of the "luckier" ones left in time and escaped with their lives but not without scars for life. These kinds of facts should be approached head on. It should not be prettied up
Re: Are Nigerian Men This Brutal? Why Would A Man Kill His Wife? by brutal(m): 11:40pm On Mar 11, 2010
rokiatu:

I guess you wanted to quote me, but u quoted yourself grin
NO mind me jare! angry
Re: Are Nigerian Men This Brutal? Why Would A Man Kill His Wife? by agathamari(f): 3:46pm On Mar 12, 2010
JustGood:

a story about an american in an american paper wont label him as "american" being it is redundant while when the story is run in a canadain, british, australian or whatever paper or if he is living in another country he will be labled "american". read bbc and see countless examples. a chinese, french, mexican, pakastani or whatever living in the US without citizenship is always refered to by thier nationality. in your own papers do you label a nigerian living in nigeria as "nigerian man"? no its redundant but a ghanaian living in nigeria, you bet you list his nationality.

(1) (Reply)

I Am / How True Is It That Children From Broken Homes Usually Have Bad Marriages As Well. / Honeymoon Ends With Prostitution Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.