Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,726 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

What Does It Really Mean To Fail Happily? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Does It Really Mean To Fail Happily? (456 Views)

GUYS!! What Is Even The Meaning Of SAPA? (what Does It Mean To You) / What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? / IELTS FOR NIGERIANS : Does 'sleep Off' Really Mean ' To Fall Asleep'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Really Mean To Fail Happily? by FaithfulServant(m): 5:51pm On Oct 08, 2017
What will be your response when you fail an exam?

I remember sometime ago, I wrote an exam and was asked how the result was, and I responded sharply and said “I failed happily”.

To fail happily doesn’t really mean all failure bring happiness, or it's a good thing to fail. It means it's more honorable to fail than to cheat which brings true happiness even when you fail.

Just the same way godliness with contentment is great gain (1 Timothy 6:6), so also godly failure with contentment is great gain when you know you did your best.

For those who say “there is no excuse for failure”, bravo! to the present day Albert Einstein, but pray you don’t find yourself in the shoes of those who study day and night but yet unable to comprehend what they study and thus, no result to show for it. For those affected, I tell you the truth, there is no other way to get understanding, but from God alone who gives wisdoms and understanding liberally to all who ask (James 1:5).

To pass the non-genuine way is to fail woefully, and to fail genuinely is to fail happily. Though they are both failure, but one—to fail happily, brings happiness while the other does not.

To fail is a call not just to work harder, but to pray harder (Philippians 4:6) and plan better.

The scourge and mockery that goes with failure to me, has been one of the problems of the society, and because of this, many wants to impress with result through illegal means and they only end up depressed. Everyone wants to impress with result and for this reason, false impression is sought after (1 Thessalonians 5:22).

The popular proverb “success has many friends” shouldn’t be so, because Jesus came to seek and restore the lost and not to mingle around those who are already found (Luke 19:10; Luke 15:6). Success should only have the few friends who made the success possible by their assistant and support in times of trials.

This is seen in classes today where the teachers are close to the “most intelligent” while those that are struggling are left and ignored to struggle harder. Intelligent students shouldn’t be seen as those who get better result but those who are willing to learn.

There fear of failure is what make many fail. Don’t work under pressure thinking about what people will say when you fail, or because of your fear for failure succumb to pressure of going contrary to the ways of God like sleeping around to get temporal credit (1 Corinthians 6:9) but I advise you keep on developing yourself in all good areas of life and someday you will see the result and get the reward.

Written by Faithful Servant

Origin: Biblical Christian Quotes and Lessons by FaithfulServant

=>https://www.nairaland.com/3768611/biblical-christian-quotes-lessons-faithfulservant

Re: What Does It Really Mean To Fail Happily? by princy80(m): 6:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
Happy failure!
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Fail Happily? by FaithfulServant(m): 8:39pm On Oct 08, 2017
princy80:
Happy failure!
no problem about that, but I hope you get the point that I'm driving at?
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Fail Happily? by Dongorgon5(m): 9:02pm On Oct 08, 2017
oga park well jur
I'd rather pass cheating than to fail honourably
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Fail Happily? by FaithfulServant(m): 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2017
Dongorgon5:
oga park well jur
I'd rather pass cheating than to fail honourably
but it's more blessed to fail honourably than to pass cheating, because failing honourably will only attract rebuke and mockery from men, but passing cheating will attract the wrath of God (Acts 5:29; Hebrews 10:31; Romans 1:18).

(1) (Reply)

Which Kind Of Business Can Someone Do With 20k / How WAEC And Others Can Eliminate Cheating In Exams. / Check Out Bill Gates Favorite Books To Become Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.