Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria (32192 Views)

Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier / The Proposed Oshodi-Abule Egba BRT Route: 11 Things To Know (PHOTOS) / Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Bigii(m): 11:36am On Oct 10, 2017
Ehi07:
Like seriously how did this get to front page?
I am a proud Benue girl and I can confidently say that 90% of what is written are pure lies.
If you stayed in the village pls indicate and don't generalize.
And coming from Abuja to Benue their no where they sell roasted yam on the road for your information.
Loool seriously name the restaurant you ate o?
Garri... Of all the things you can mention. Lol. Garri is the last thing benue people are good at.
If you really stayed here you would have mentioned mangoes and oranges.
Benue is deserted and I do business here and make good money. Lol.
Am so disappointed this can even get to front page.
Please next time get your facts right before posting rubbish.

The op is a sadist angry

Ayama confirmed Otukpo guy and have stayed in different parts of mkd for years but never experienced all these lies he cooked up there. I doubt if he has stepped Benue before.

The only Bad thing in Benue is Samuel Ortom, the Governor. which he failed to mention.

Ehi k'owoicho good to meet you cool

1 Like

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by XtraTochi: 12:34pm On Oct 10, 2017
sureteeboy:
It depends on where you are in Benue o. Where I am presently, only rice, corn and some few foods are cheap. You'll buy almost everything else at exorbitant rates.
Everything else might be expensive, but not food. Garri, Akpu, yam, corn, beans, okpa are all cheap foods there, benue state is the only state you can buy food for as low as as #50 in a hotel and if you are not the type that eat too much you'll be OK with it

I'm no longer in Benue but still has family and friends there, I stayed in Markudi and Aliade but I know every other part like gboko, katsina ala and otukpo
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by savanto: 12:57pm On Oct 10, 2017
Terver90:
I am proudly tiv, and I know that the tiv people are the most welcoming set of Nigerians who welcomes outsiders.

@Terver90, you couldn't be more correct. I had my primary education in Makurdi in the good old days. Tiv people are very nice hosts. if you don't bother them, they won't bother you.

As primitive as those round huts look, I did admire them back in the days, even though we were living in a modern apartment , I still wished to enter one of those huts and see what it really looks like in the inside.

Terver it's nice to meet you here again. One love! keep representing.
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by potent5(m): 2:12pm On Oct 10, 2017
Bigii:

Ngenmocheijefa tongue
It depends on the part of Idoma you come from; i.e. whether it's itukpa, orokramu, Itukpa icho, agatu, etc.
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Niftyrules(m): 2:52pm On Oct 10, 2017
chatinent:
Markurdi is a place to be. It is the capital of Benue state in Nigeria. It is said to be The Food basket of the Nation.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-iPod9XK9oMw/UESbInC4erI/AAAAAAAACsA/EmkndQ0Hb0A/s1600/farmnet.jpg[/img]
While coming, you will experience these things:
1. You will notice they still use mud huts. It's cultural. Their mud houses are round shaped and a bit dwarfy to normal house sizes.
2. They sell only roast yam along. You will find people selling roast yam along, they'd be pursuing you to buy it like tomorrow were history.
3. Garri market. I wonder if this is where they supply garri from to the world. They are good in garri production. You'd notice they sell it much.
4. A police check-point with a military personnel. If you are studious, you will notice almost all police check-points have a military personnel accompanied with them. Maybe, to curb disobedience. You know, the Nigerian police force are not respected here in Nigeria.
5. It looks deserted. The environs look like what Moses trekked in the Bible, no wonder he had to take off his shoes.
When you are in Markurdi, you must experience these:.

6. Pigs are domesticated. Pigs are domestic animals over there, they go around like pets.
7. You use pigs to pay dowry. Reliable sources confirmed that in parts of Markurdi, pigs are used as part of paying a woman's dowry.
8. You must meet sb who speaks your language. Yes, it's true. Markurdi is in central Nigeria, therefore, almost all tribes may be found there.
9. Admiration. Seriously, they admire new comers easily! Little wonder I made many friends!
10. Seems peaceful. The place is serene. Well, let's say the place I stayed.
11. Phantom Thieves. We were cautioned that they have spirit thieves who would deal your valueable; I mean, Mr Nobodies. Well, theft is everywhere.
Origin: http://chatinent.com.ng/index.php?act=ST&f=46&t=449&st=0#entry892

Dont ever write what you say in Nos 3 again. Don't let the Ijebus attack you.

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by ojinuocheibi(m): 4:21pm On Oct 10, 2017
laurel03:
ur family na dem gt hiv. i sure say u self go don gt Aids.
animal
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 10, 2017
ibkayee:

you did not read that thing right embarassed
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by ibkayee(f): 5:16pm On Oct 10, 2017
sunshineG:
you did not read that thing right embarassed
I forgot grin

I'll read it today lol
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 10, 2017
ibkayee:

I forgot grin

I'll read it today lol
that is my grandmother please read it
grin

I am sure it will inspire you as a feminist grin
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by ibkayee(f): 5:30pm On Oct 10, 2017
sunshineG:
that is my grandmother please read it
grin

I am sure it will inspire you as a feminist grin
Oh I see, no wonder cheesy
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 10, 2017
ibkayee:

Oh I see, no wonder cheesy
cheesy why do you say no wonder? cheesy
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by ibkayee(f): 12:50pm On Oct 11, 2017
sunshineG:
cheesy why do you say no wonder? cheesy
lol because it's your grandma smiley

Can you please link me to the thread, I can't find it lol I swear I'm blind smh
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 11, 2017
ibkayee:

lol because it's your grandma smiley

Can you please link me to the thread, I can't find it lol I swear I'm blind smh
https://www.nairaland.com/2106689/meet-first-female-senator-nigeria

http://www.iwef.org/8.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Passenger Collapses At Abuja Airport (Video) / The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes / Nigerians In Belize And Bahamas:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.