Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,890 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria (32189 Views)

Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier / The Proposed Oshodi-Abule Egba BRT Route: 11 Things To Know (PHOTOS) / Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by hoyze24: 8:05pm On Oct 09, 2017
I dislike the pig domestication a lot. It's that way in almost every part of Benue. I stay in katsina ala, foodstuffs are super cheap here.
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by ThefemaleKing: 8:05pm On Oct 09, 2017
Kai Op, talk true... This your Makurdi is different from the one I know. undecided

3 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by XtraTochi: 8:08pm On Oct 09, 2017
Too many lies in one write up
That food part is a BIG lie
There's abundance of food in benue state, no child, and I repeat no child does that in benue
I grow up in there so don't come here to write what u don't know.

3 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Tinyemeka(m): 8:10pm On Oct 09, 2017
The food in makurdi tastes Aaaawful! angry
With a capital A!

Ate at different restaurants in 1998, 2005, 2014 & 2016. Same experience. I even had kunun dawa '98. angry One sip was all I could take.

I'm not being prejudicial, if I could try the cuisine at different times over an 18-year period and still get the same result.

1 Like

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by alabsmichael(m): 8:11pm On Oct 09, 2017
That state is where I am currently doing my NYSC.
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by wanger50(m): 8:13pm On Oct 09, 2017
l live in Makurdi.I tend to believe most of what I see on NL until such trash as this could make to FP.The poster simply hasnt been to Makurdi

5 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by FunkyAlhaji2015: 8:20pm On Oct 09, 2017
chatinent:

I forgot this part: timidity.
You know nothing about Makurdi. The average Benue man is very proud, brave and sometimes arrogant. So when you talk of timidity I know you are not referring to Makurdians. I have stayed in Makurdi for long.

4 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by arent88(m): 8:26pm On Oct 09, 2017
Tinyemeka:
The food in makurdi tastes Aaaawful! angry
With a capital A!

Ate at different restaurants in 1998, 2005, 2014 & 2016. Same experience. I even had kunun dawa '98. angry One sip was all I could take.

I'm not being prejudicial, if I could try the cuisine at different times over an 18-year period and still get the same result.
I guess u have been eaten in d wrong places.

3 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by grandstar(m): 8:32pm On Oct 09, 2017
BafanaBafana:
At home, idomas and tivs don't like each other. Outside, they are brothers.

I doubt it very much
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by grandstar(m): 8:33pm On Oct 09, 2017
BafanaBafana:

I don't know what you mean by backbiting. But there is distrust and hatred between them.

That's what I mean
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Tinyemeka(m): 8:36pm On Oct 09, 2017
arent88:
I guess u have been eaten in d wrong places.

I ate at restaurants in the town.

Where else should I have gone?
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Ehi07(f): 8:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
Like seriously how did this get to front page?
I am a proud Benue girl and I can confidently say that 90% of what is written are pure lies.
If you stayed in the village pls indicate and don't generalize.
And coming from Abuja to Benue their no where they sell roasted yam on the road for your information.
Loool seriously name the restaurant you ate o?
Garri... Of all the things you can mention. Lol. Garri is the last thing benue people are good at.
If you really stayed here you would have mentioned mangoes and oranges.
Benue is deserted and I do business here and make good money. Lol.
Am so disappointed this can even get to front page.
Please next time get your facts right before posting rubbish.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Tinyemeka(m): 8:41pm On Oct 09, 2017
Josh44s:
Op Makurdi peaceful? I laugh in Swahili.

Let me help you reconstruct your list by adding up some few things you omitted out of fear.

2. Headquarters of HIV.

No longer true.

Benue is not even among the top 5 states with HIV prevalence.

Source: https://naca.gov.ng/nigeria-prevalence-rate/

P.S. Wait I don't even understand this report.

Does NACA mean to say that 15.2% of the estimated 11 million people living in Rivers have the HIV?! shocked

Is that what they mean?!

2 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by McTobe(m): 8:41pm On Oct 09, 2017
grandstar:
One thing I notice outside Benue state is that the minority Idoma's speak badly about the more populous Tivs.

Yet the few Tivs I met are nothing but angels.

I would have dreaded marrying a Tiv if I hadn't met any first hand
Tiv people are so wonderful and hospitable set of people. if all ethnic nationalities welcome strangers like Tiv we will coexist peacefully with one another.

2 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by FunkyAlhaji2015: 8:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
chatinent:
Markurdi is a place to be. It is the capital of Benue state in Nigeria. It is said to be The Food basket of the Nation.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-iPod9XK9oMw/UESbInC4erI/AAAAAAAACsA/EmkndQ0Hb0A/s1600/farmnet.jpg[/img]
While coming, you will experience these things:
1. You will notice they still use mud huts. It's cultural. Their mud houses are round shaped and a bit dwarfy to normal house sizes.
2. They sell only roast yam along. You will find people selling roast yam along, they'd be pursuing you to buy it like tomorrow were history.
3. Garri market. I wonder if this is where they supply garri from to the world. They are good in garri production. You'd notice they sell it much.
4. A police check-point with a military personnel. If you are studious, you will notice almost all police check-points have a military personnel accompanied with them. Maybe, to curb disobedience. You know, the Nigerian police force are not respected here in Nigeria.
5. It looks deserted. The environs look like what Moses trekked in the Bible, no wonder he had to take off his shoes.
When you are in Markurdi, you must experience these:.

6. Pigs are domesticated. Pigs are domestic animals over there, they go around like pets.
7. You use pigs to pay dowry. Reliable sources confirmed that in parts of Markurdi, pigs are used as part of paying a woman's dowry.
8. You must meet sb who speaks your language. Yes, it's true. Markurdi is in central Nigeria, therefore, almost all tribes may be found there.
9. Admiration. Seriously, they admire new comers easily! Little wonder I made many friends!
10. Seems peaceful. The place is serene. Well, let's say the place I stayed.
11. Phantom Thieves. We were cautioned that they have spirit thieves who would deal your valueable; I mean, Mr Nobodies. Well, theft is everywhere.
Origin: http://chatinent.com.ng/index.php?act=ST&f=46&t=449&st=0#entry892
I wonder how this made front page. Is this Seun guy loosing focus? I have lived in Makurdi for years and a lot these things you listed here do not exist in this town. Are you really sure it is Makurdi you visited or some place else.

We have food in abundance in Makurdi so children do not and have never milled around restaurants. Food actually wastes in Makurdi, with 70 or 80naira you can get a big tuber of yam. They are predominantly farmers here.

The first thing you notice in Makurdi is the abundance of fruits; Mangos, oranges, watermelon etc, every street is littered with sellers of fruits and vegetables. I wonder how you failed to notice this if it's truly Makurdi you visited.

Makurdi town has a population of over 2million inhabitants so I don't know what you mean by "the place looks deserted".

If you thought you were just going to spread lies about Makurdi without anyone noticing then you're wrong. Benue has the 4th highest numbers of Internet users after Lagos, Rivers and Kaduna states according to statistics by the National Bureau of Statistics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by fk001(m): 8:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
potent5:
Another thing you notice is that when you are in a restaurant ordering or eating food, you find guys milling around. Once you touch your 'washing water' as Igbos do midway into your eating, that's the end to your eating o. Those guys go just rush your food because as far as they are concerned, you don eat finish. Lol. Advice: don't touch your washing hand water until you have actually finished eating.

Lol are you serious? who are the guys
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by woodmood: 8:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
wanger50:
l live in Makurdi.I tend to believe most of what I see on NL until such trash as this could make to FP.The poster simply hasnt been to Makurdi

Learn not to believe most of the things you see on NL.
I could remember a post sometimes ago when an idiot talked about a policeman sucking a lady's breast openly in ibadan. Rather than people to think of the rationality first, they were busy saying rubbish.
I am happy that venue people have stoutly denied and condemned this trash.

2 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by kulekaa(m): 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2017
Josh44s:

It will take the Thunder 102 years to fire your entire generation both extended and nuclear family before reaching me. Pig!
have exhausted all my bleeps
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by FunkyAlhaji2015: 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2017
Ehi07:
Like seriously how did this get to front page?
I am a proud Benue girl and I can confidently say that 90% of what is written are pure lies.
If you stayed in the village pls indicate and don't generalize.
And coming from Abuja to Benue their no where they sell roasted yam on the road for your information.
Loool seriously name the restaurant you ate o?
Garri... Of all the things you can mention. Lol. Garri is the last thing benue people are good at.
If you really stayed here you would have mentioned mangoes and oranges.
Benue is deserted and I do business here and make good money. Lol.
Am so disappointed this can even get to front page.
Please next time get your facts right before posting rubbish.
Nice one sis. My girlfriend's name is Ehi and she's also Idoma.

1 Like

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by McTobe(m): 8:52pm On Oct 09, 2017
meforyou1:
that's a pure lie. I stayed in makurdi for a whole year and can confidently tell u, makurdi people don't mill around restaurants. And don't take half-eaten food. U may be talking of far north bit not makurdi
he is out to make Mischief. nothing like dat not even in interiors like Vandeikya. by d way I am not from Benue state I am just being honest

2 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Bioboy1213(m): 8:55pm On Oct 09, 2017
adegwurulez:
In your dictionary, anywhere that is not as overcrowded as Lagos is deserted abi?

And people rush your food before you wash your hand? Dude where have you been eating?
the guy can lie ehn, I base in Mkd and yet to experience such and I do visit restaurant everyday.

1 Like

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by mykelswa(m): 9:02pm On Oct 09, 2017
Beer palour n night club at every street
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Uhomanbulus110(f): 9:02pm On Oct 09, 2017
Hot
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Dekmankind(m): 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2017
potent5:
Another thing you notice is that when you are in a restaurant ordering or eating food, you find guys milling around. Once you touch your 'washing water' as Igbos do midway into your eating, that's the end to your eating o. Those guys go just rush your food because as far as they are concerned, you don eat finish. Lol. Advice: don't touch your washing hand water until you have actually finished eating.
This guy really doesn't now a thing about Makurdi. He thinks it's the same as what he hears happens in the far Northern Nigerian states.
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by piagetskinner(m): 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2017
idomas are very proud...infact the average benue man is very proud because most of them don't travel out..
makurdi has so many filling stations u go think say na there them dey refine oil
the sun is blazing hot..can make you lose memory

food is not necessarily cheap despite it being the food basket

they can drink for Africa..beer joints everywhere

they don't have business sense..most of the businesses are owned by outsiders... its like whatever they touch crumbles

tiv people are more friendly than the idomas

they love pork esp tiv..immorality is nully secondus

let me just drop my pen before somebody calls me bad belle

2 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Arsenalboi: 9:10pm On Oct 09, 2017
The only state were you can eat a plate of pounded yam for just a hundred naira and be satisfy.
The most peaceful state in northern Nigerian.
I love the state joor,Stati la doo dedoo! Msugh ne
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by arent88(m): 9:15pm On Oct 09, 2017
Tinyemeka:

I ate at restaurants in the town.

Where else should I have gone?
eating in town does not equate to eating at d right places.I will like to know d area d restaurant u ate in is located d last time u visited.dats if u don't mind
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 09, 2017
ibkayee:

Hmmm

how do u do that
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by arent88(m): 9:17pm On Oct 09, 2017
piagetskinner:
idomas are very proud...infact the average benue man is very proud because most of them don't travel out..
makurdi has so many filling stations u go think say ma there them dey refine oil
the sun is blazing hot..can make you looks memory

food is not necessarily cheap despite it being the food basket

they can drink for Africa..beer joints everywhere

they don't have business sense..most of the businesses are owned by outsiders... its like whatever they touch crumbles

tiv people are more friendly than the idomas

they love pork esp tiv..immorality is nully secondus

let me just drop my pen before somebody calls me bad belle
agree wit all u said.except for d crumbling business part.
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Lighthouseman: 9:19pm On Oct 09, 2017
You hardly find dogs in tiv land hence you can wander late into the night without dog harassment.
Food stuffs are expensive in Makurdi but cheaper outside Makurdi.
HIV in Benue is political..... Lol just to get foreign aid from donor agencies.
Its peaceful cos tiv see themselves as one irrespective of your local government.

1 Like

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by pezeji(m): 9:24pm On Oct 09, 2017
its never complete without d mentions of beer palours, undevelopments and yeye hotels with cheap girls
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Alao96(m): 9:26pm On Oct 09, 2017
u forget buhari paddy dem....herdsmen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prospective Corper Survives Ghastly Accident In Kogi As Bus Rams Into Tanker / Passenger Collapses At Abuja Airport (Video) / Nigerians In Belize And Bahamas:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.