Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Aruna Quadri Wins Tennis Competition In Poland - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Aruna Quadri Wins Tennis Competition In Poland (10003 Views)

Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player / Odunayo Adekuroye Wins Gold In Poland (Pictures) / Aruna Quadri Is Africa’s Table Tennis Best, Ranks 21 Globally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aruna Quadri Wins Tennis Competition In Poland by goldrushbooks: 4:56pm On Oct 09, 2017
Omofunaab2:
So proud of Aruna Quadri, He made history at the 2016 Rio Olympics by becoming the first African to reach the Quarter finals of the table tennis single event. . He is currently ranked number one in Africa and he will represent Africa at the ITTF World Cup in France

Yorubas are the Masters when it comes to table tennis in Nigeria and Africa at large... Only the Egyptians are competing with us... Many of our Athletes have represented Nigeria in the Olympic games and won many laurels for Nigeria both at the common wealth and the All African games.

From the legend Segun Toriola, bode abiodun, bose kaffo, our own
Monday Merotohun from Ogun state, Olufunke Oshonaike, Atanda Musa, kareem nasiru, Sule olaleye, Abiola odumosu and others.

I like the fact that we have young talents who will replace Aruna Quadri and funke Oshonaike.. The likes of Esther oribamise and Azeez Solanke are both tipped to do that.

Esther oribamise has qualified for next year's junior Olympics in Argentina, azeez lost in the semi final

Out of the ten players selected to represent Nigeria at the Africa junior table tennis championship in Tunisia, eight were yorubas

We have so many Table Tennis tournaments here in the West

We love Table Tennis in the West.

IPods will not like this. They will start peddling football now.
Re: Aruna Quadri Wins Tennis Competition In Poland by Omofunaab2: 5:28pm On Oct 09, 2017
Afam4eva:

Without trying to downplay the emboldened, as far as i know, other parts of Nigeria are not really into table tennis, especially professionally. So, it's really not a competition as mostly Yorubas, who tend to be rounded in their knowledge of sports are really into playing tennis professionally. It's just like how you compare a Yoruba and Igbo party without realizing that it's not a contest as Yorubas are party people. The best tennis players i have encountered personally in Lagos are Yorubas.

You are correct to a large extent but I think other states can still compete... A secondary school here in the West has a standard table tennis board... other states need to train and groom these young players... And they also need to organize more table tennis tournaments.

Most of these guys playing table tennis for Nigeria Started playing when they were kids

1 Like

Re: Aruna Quadri Wins Tennis Competition In Poland by stingg(m): 6:40pm On Oct 09, 2017
Tolexander:
Good!
Kudos to the Oyo town born Quadri. We are proud of you for making Nigerians proud.
Olympic Gold shall be yours in the next summer Olympics.
A very good replacement for the aged Segun Toriola.
U sabi ds guy dele dele ni oo. Only few of us know him this much cheesy cheesy
Re: Aruna Quadri Wins Tennis Competition In Poland by Toay(m): 7:00pm On Oct 09, 2017
Omofunaab2:
So proud of Aruna Quadri, He made history at the 2016 Rio Olympics by becoming the first African to reach the Quarter finals of the table tennis single event. . He is currently ranked number one in Africa and he will represent Africa at the ITTF World Cup in France

Yorubas are the Masters when it comes to table tennis in Nigeria and Africa at large... Only the Egyptians are competing with us... Many of our Athletes have represented Nigeria in the Olympic games and won many laurels for Nigeria both at the common wealth and the All African games.

From the legend Segun Toriola, bode abiodun, bose kaffo, our own
Monday Merotohun from Ogun state, Olufunke Oshonaike, Atanda Musa, kareem nasiru, Sule olaleye, Abiola odumosu and others.

I like the fact that we have young talents who will replace Aruna Quadri and funke Oshonaike.. The likes of Esther oribamise and Azeez Solanke are both tipped to do that.

Esther oribamise has qualified for next year's junior Olympics in Argentina, azeez lost in the semi final

Out of the ten players selected to represent Nigeria at the Africa junior table tennis championship in Tunisia, eight were yorubas

We have so many Table Tennis tournaments here in the West

We love Table Tennis in the West.

Why bring tribalism into this?
Na Wa o
Re: Aruna Quadri Wins Tennis Competition In Poland by xnsandrxns: 7:22pm On Oct 09, 2017
naptu2:

It's good to see that we have good young players that can replace them. There was a time that I was afraid that we would lose our crown as the best table tennis playing country in Africa because I couldn't see enough young players coming through. I'm glad to see that I was wrong. I wrote this back then.

You must be a strong table tennis fan
Re: Aruna Quadri Wins Tennis Competition In Poland by Omofunaab2: 7:29pm On Oct 09, 2017
Toay:

Why bring tribalism into this?
Na Wa o

That is not tribalism.. . I didn't even mention any tribe, talkless of denigrating any tribe

Any sport fan will agree with me
Re: Aruna Quadri Wins Tennis Competition In Poland by titosantana(m): 9:28pm On Oct 09, 2017
oviejnr:
Ever wonder how they see the tennis ball when playing, rarely see the ball grin
Ehn ehn, bros you need to consult a physician asap.
Re: Aruna Quadri Wins Tennis Competition In Poland by Emanodimo(m): 1:09am On Oct 10, 2017
I respect those who have been representing themselves well in the Table tennis sport... For the love of the game...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bet9ja And Sporty Bet Secrets / Calabar Is Safe For 2014 World Cup Qualifier - Malawi FA / Super Falcons Vs Germany (0 - 1) On Thursday 30th June @ 7:45pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.