Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Nigerians Are Too Religious To Progress_Radio Presenter Michael Effiong - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerians Are Too Religious To Progress_Radio Presenter Michael Effiong (946 Views)

How being "too religious" made me miss God's help / Why Are Most Nigerians So Religious To A Dangerous Degree / Place For The Non Religious To Hang Out/meet And Discuss Ideas On Sundays? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are Too Religious To Progress_Radio Presenter Michael Effiong by Tonytins: 8:31pm On Oct 09, 2017
Radio presenter, Michael Effiong alias Funnymouth of Kpoko Fm Warri said Nigerians are too religious and majority of us don't practice what we preach. He gave comparison to other nations of the world that are progressing even without prioritizing religion.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Too Religious To Progress_Radio Presenter Michael Effiong by madridguy(m): 8:32pm On Oct 09, 2017
Word.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Too Religious To Progress_Radio Presenter Michael Effiong by Swaggzkid: 8:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
Believe!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Too Religious To Progress_Radio Presenter Michael Effiong by felixomor: 8:40pm On Oct 09, 2017
I pity you people
You people dont have courage to talk about the biggest Nigerian problems
Be blaming church.

The church will march on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Too Religious To Progress_Radio Presenter Michael Effiong by Yeligray(m): 8:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
Let me tell you something bro it's nt abt christianity but it is abt a group of people parading as peace makers
Re: Nigerians Are Too Religious To Progress_Radio Presenter Michael Effiong by Uyi168: 8:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
he has said it all....as tiny as my street,the other day,i counted over 8churches on it..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Too Religious To Progress_Radio Presenter Michael Effiong by blakid(m): 8:50pm On Oct 09, 2017
Exactly what have been telling most of my folks....We are too religious and have the believe that God will do everything for us...Some people can even pray to God to come help them with cooking at the rate at which we put everything on God....We need to wake up in this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Too Religious To Progress_Radio Presenter Michael Effiong by dulux07(m): 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2017
We nigerians wont listen, we now know better than those that brought religion to us. Misplaced priority
Re: Nigerians Are Too Religious To Progress_Radio Presenter Michael Effiong by Vutseck(m): 9:39pm On Oct 09, 2017
this is among the reasons you people should convert to Muslim

that is the only true religion
Re: Nigerians Are Too Religious To Progress_Radio Presenter Michael Effiong by Martinez19(m): 9:44pm On Oct 09, 2017
True talk!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Too Religious To Progress_Radio Presenter Michael Effiong by donnie(m): 8:35am On Oct 10, 2017
You guys keep deceiving yourselves. Every nation is unique with a unique calling and destiny, especially in these last days.

It's the Lord who has the master plan. Some nations have been appointed to honour, some to dishonor. The nation that will reject God will pay for it. If not now, at the end of this age when he comes to judge the nations.

Your reasoning is upside down. Why don't you look at it this way...

There is so much wickedness and satanic onslaught against our nation that the Lord has raised many great ministers and ministries to check and counter such evil.

Romans 5:20- ... But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

In spite of all what we have been through as a nation, the country still stands, hope is still alive and you think that's the work of man?
Re: Nigerians Are Too Religious To Progress_Radio Presenter Michael Effiong by ponziponzi(m): 9:02am On Oct 10, 2017
donnie:
You guys keep deceiving yourselves. Every nation is unique with a unique calling and destiny, especially in these last days.

It's the Lord who has the master plan. Some nations have been appointed to honour, some to dishonor. The nation that will reject God will pay for it. If not now, at the end of this age when he comes to judge the nations.

There is so much wickedness and satanic onslaught against our nation that the Lord has raised many great ministers and ministries to check and counter such evil.

In spite of all what we have been through as a nation, the country still stands, hope is still alive and you think that's the work of man?

So it’s God’s plan that Africans should be poor and live like sub-humans. This kind of thinking, in the first place, is our problem. How can you improve your standard of living thinking that being poor is in God’s grand plan?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Too Religious To Progress_Radio Presenter Michael Effiong by OtemAtum: 9:52am On Oct 10, 2017
True talk. Let's keep wording it, we will change. At least I was also religious back in 2015 until THE POWER OF NATURE transformed me and revealed my mission on earth to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Too Religious To Progress_Radio Presenter Michael Effiong by donnie(m): 10:07am On Oct 10, 2017
ponziponzi:

So it’s God’s plan that Africans should be poor and live like sub-humans. This kind of thinking, in the first place, is our problem. How can you improve your standard of living thinking that being poor is in God’s grand plan?

That's why the gospel light is shinning brightly here so that many can come into the kingdom, into that city of God where there's no poverty sickness or famine. (Hebrews 12:22-23)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Too Religious To Progress_Radio Presenter Michael Effiong by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 10, 2017
donnie:

That's why the gospel light is shinning brightly here so that many can come into the kingdom, into that city of God where there's no poverty sickness or famine. (Hebrews 12:22-23)

But the pastors are enjoying their own riches TODAY while promising their followers riches in the AFTER LIFE ??

You people are deluded.
Re: Nigerians Are Too Religious To Progress_Radio Presenter Michael Effiong by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 10, 2017
donnie:

Stop talking nonsense.

The Bible says you should let your light shine and also that the light shines and the darkness cannot comprehend it. If we go by the number of churches and mosques in Nigeria today, there should be almost complete peace, wealth, love and harmony, instead what we see is more darkness and more darkness which tells us that there is something very wrong with your religions.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Too Religious To Progress_Radio Presenter Michael Effiong by donnie(m): 10:22am On Oct 10, 2017
frosbel2:

But the pastors are enjoying their own riches TODAY while promising their followers riches in the AFTER LIFE ??

You people are deluded.

I've been enjoying mine on earth for a long time now tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Too Religious To Progress_Radio Presenter Michael Effiong by Ioseph(m): 10:26am On Oct 10, 2017
France and later all of Europe understood this hundreds of years ago. Religion is the ultimate sedative, keeping an exploited public content, a scientific culture dead and a corrupt government healthy.

"Religion is the opiate of the masses" and whatnot. Religion is a guise for brainless followers of even more brainless clowns like Pastors, who can't see the forest for the trees, and can't see a purpose beyond their immediate enrichment and pleasure.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Exact Work Of Protocols In Church / Pray This Prayers Before You Sleep Very important!! / Dr Sunday Adelaja Challenges, Challenges Adeboye, Oyedpo, Olukoya And All GO'S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.