Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing (13079 Views)

Uniabuja Recalls Letter Rusticating Students, Cites Error / Five FUTA Students Beat A Female Student For 'Running Her Mouth' / International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by Positivist: 11:36pm On Oct 09, 2017
The management of the University of Lagos (UNILAG) has denied rusticating one of its students for dancing. This is according to its spokesman, Toyin Adebule.

Recall that after a video of a student dancing with the statue of the late UNILAG Vice-Chancellor, Professor Babatunde Sofoluwe started trending, some social media users had alleged that she had been rusticated for 4 semesters over that.

The student who appeared in the video is said to be a law student. It is claimed that the video was taken about two months ago but only became public knowledge few days ago over the alleged incidence of rustication. The matter has so far attracted mixed reactions from social media users.
Adebule was emphatic that such an allegation was “false and should be disregarded” when contacted by
EduCeleb on Monday.

He noted that while the university encourages good conduct among its students, there was no iota of truth in social media rumours that the lady who appeared in the video was rusticated for four semesters.

https://educeleb.com/unilag-denies-rusticating-student-for-dancing/

Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by Oluwaseyi00(m): 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2017
FTC. embarassed I dedicate it to all those who wish me well

What the girl did too ain't proper, she's lucky tho.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by DanielsParker(m): 12:35am On Oct 10, 2017
Okay
Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by DRPAIT123(m): 6:54am On Oct 10, 2017
For dancing abi for twerking

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by niqqaclaimz(m): 7:25am On Oct 10, 2017
Oya you go talk tru soon
Dont forgt dis out too
https://www.nairaland.com/4072207/Guidelines You Should Follow To Get A Soft Pink Lips
Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by Emmanuel950(m): 7:25am On Oct 10, 2017
Why won't they deny? If na you, you go accept?

9 Likes

Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by ogorwyne(f): 7:25am On Oct 10, 2017
I knew it wasn't true.
Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by Ayo4251(m): 7:25am On Oct 10, 2017
Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 10, 2017
Mbok let me go and twerk with the statue in front of my office now that I know I cannot be suspended for twerking.

7 Likes

Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:25am On Oct 10, 2017
She should coman twerk on me. Why grind on a stone when u can grind on a bone? wink

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by sotall(m): 7:25am On Oct 10, 2017
OK
Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 10, 2017
Hmmmm Nigeria don enter One corner

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by BrutalJab: 7:25am On Oct 10, 2017
Bloggers and unverified news in this country en.

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 10, 2017
I got a hunch it was a lie from the onset.
Hungry bloggers everywhere

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by maxiuc(m): 7:26am On Oct 10, 2017
[right][/r
Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by ednut1(m): 7:26am On Oct 10, 2017
For how long will these useless bloggers continue this crap. Pple just formulate crap for traffic
Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by donmarvex1(m): 7:26am On Oct 10, 2017
undecidedBloggers and all forms of falsified and unverified news; they won't mind their business. All because of traffic. Rabbish.

Meanwhile, UNILAG's claim is still not believable until the aunty verifies too.
Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by Emmanuelskye: 7:27am On Oct 10, 2017
ogorwyne:
I knew it wasn't true.
Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by Proffdada: 7:27am On Oct 10, 2017
K
Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by tansdif: 7:27am On Oct 10, 2017
Good...for she don't deserve it
Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by lurther: 7:27am On Oct 10, 2017
With this denial, expect more Unilag slay queens to start twerking on that statue of a former VC.

Disrespectful i must say, the Unilag Slay Mamas i know will be starting a a Viral #twerkonvcstatue competition very soon.

Instead of Unilag to stand by their words as a detriment to stupid students who go to school to twerk instead of to learn. No student in Harvard University, Stanford University, or any serious university in the world would involve in such rubbish.

It is because of student like that twerking girl studying law that no Nigerian University is among the 1000 ranking of Universities in the world. Unilag should start applying a standard to curb all this nonsense slay queen thing and make sure the school enters the first 1000ranking atleast for the first time in their life.

Any one following Harvard University on instagram, twitter, facebook and other social media platforms will understand what a school looks like,No sentiments at all.Its all about studies, innovations, ideas, breakthroughs etc

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 10, 2017
bloggers will soon sale Nigeria

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 10, 2017
undecided
Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by IMASTEX: 7:27am On Oct 10, 2017
Hmmm
Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by Alezy(m): 7:28am On Oct 10, 2017
ogorwyne:
I knew it wasn't true.
how are you??
Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by Jamaticulus(m): 7:29am On Oct 10, 2017
Awon stupid bloggers
Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by LesbianBoy(m): 7:30am On Oct 10, 2017
Bloggers dey craze angry
Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by Feranchek(m): 7:30am On Oct 10, 2017
All these bloggers and their fakeology. But I believe there might be an iota of truth sha. Let the babe come out to debunk either the blogger's or the university's news. Na her own go make sense pass
Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by johnstar(m): 7:31am On Oct 10, 2017
Hmm

Blogger
Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by annnikky(f): 7:37am On Oct 10, 2017
So who is speaking the truth now.... The schl or the bloggers smh
Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by Tobium1(m): 7:45am On Oct 10, 2017
If she wasn't rusticated, what then did they do to her
Re: UNILAG Denies Rusticating Student For Dancing by Ahmeduana(m): 7:46am On Oct 10, 2017
Positivist:
The management of the University of Lagos (UNILAG) has denied rusticating one of its students for dancing. This is according to its spokesman, Toyin Adebule.

Recall that after a video of a student dancing with the statue of the late UNILAG Vice-Chancellor, Professor Babatunde Sofoluwe started trending, some social media users had alleged that she had been rusticated for 4 semesters over that.

The student who appeared in the video is said to be a law student. It is claimed that the video was taken about two months ago but only became public knowledge few days ago over the alleged incidence of rustication. The matter has so far attracted mixed reactions from social media users.
Adebule was emphatic that such an allegation was “false and should be disregarded” when contacted by
EduCeleb on Monday.

He noted that while the university encourages good conduct among its students, there was no iota of truth in social media rumours that the lady who appeared in the video was rusticated for four semesters.

https://educeleb.com/unilag-denies-rusticating-student-for-dancing/
IF YOU SAY THAT YOU DIDN'T Rusticate HER FOR DANCING, THEN FOR WHAT DID YOU RUSTICATE HER?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Illegality Of NANS And Why They Don't Speak For Nigerian Students / Single Ladies: Opposite Of Bachelor Is Not Spinster! / How Blind Students Cheat During WAEC - Official Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.