Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) - NYSC (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) (56776 Views)

African Civet Killed In My PPA - Ogun Corper / Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt / 'Help Me Collect My Allawee' - Ogun Corper's Last Words Before His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Coloradvantage(m): 3:46pm On Oct 10, 2017
Donbabajay12:

God bless you for this comment ..That guy is a morrrrooon
sure let's stand and speak against mediocrity ... any time any day! the beauty of existence... is diversity..., accommodation! and free will! up coming parents need to know this also! Dont force your ideas on others

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Topmaike007(m): 3:48pm On Oct 10, 2017
Coloradvantage:
lol... yes ! bro. even without a single like ... or even if the likes of this guy come bashing... I need to say the truth! the world will be so boring if we all act the same! same color... same everything!... I believe so much in choice... as long as it doesn't hurt no body!
you are right bro.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Drienzia: 3:50pm On Oct 10, 2017
Aleora:
am sure your ancestors lack hope training and u inherited part of there senseless attitude..next time u insult me directly and dont talk to my pops that way..anuofia......
my ancestors lacks HOPE training? Lwkmd. pls learn the difference BTW THEIR AND THERE. dumb girl with a dumb skull...
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by sharpwriter(m): 3:52pm On Oct 10, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Another one.

Nothing will change until people stop thinking this way. It was what Fela sang against in the 70s that is still going on.
There must be a conscious effort on the part of the oppressed to resist oppression before it can stop.
You are making the same mistake your parents made.
Even people who "cooperate" with those criminals in uniform get killed in some cases.
We will be in the same situation perpetually until we decide to do things differently.
We are just talking? what can we do? All these our comments are useless. The first failure of the society is to watch in cowardliness when another is being harassed. Had it been people rise up to the occasion to challenge soldiers or police by asking the offence of the oppressed, all these will reduce. Our problem is that we are cowards, and we cant jointly help one another. If we cant do that, what should we do? Talk s useless bro. Shall we continue like this? We are educated and perhaps a thread should start on this forum, and let us brain task ourselves, and proffer solutions. I suggest someone should head this and compare sensible comments so we arrive at a conclusion. As thoughts keep coming, let us present them. All our talks na story o... At least, it is not everybody that will fly abroad. If we even go, is that where we will wanna end our future? What if anything happens there that becomes a threat to us, na our land we go still come back to. I am not chastising yu bro, but all these nonsense must stop. Our education must speak. What shall we do bro? Thank you. embarassed angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Coloradvantage(m): 3:53pm On Oct 10, 2017
naturefellow:
why so quick to judge him? He actually has a point. That hairdo can put anyone in such predicament. If you were a 'Nigerian' law enforcement officer, wouldn't you easily mistake him for a miscreant impersonating an NYSC corp member? Or ask the OP if he can meet his Zonal Inspector or State Coordinator with that appearance and not receive a query? If he responds in the affirmative, then he got served and truly deserves the SARS treatment.
Advice him to lay low for now. Then he can rock whatever style he desires after the Service year. A word is enough for the wise!
I get wetin you d try talk... but!the reason why our law enforcement agencies are getting it wrong always is this.....!!! too much movies and a false inbuilt perception of how the criminals look.., most at times... real hard core criminals that can do and undo doesn't dress and have heavy and muscular body! etc! if we be USA so our cells and prison go over full.... am just saying one thing ... always! choice! and Dont judge by the look! it can be deceiving ... more especially this contemporary era

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by chiraqDemon(m): 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2017
profolaolu:
I didnt mention anything he did before U identify his hair, Matt 6 : 16. You can identify them by their fruit, that is, by the
way they act. Can you pick grapes from
thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
So what is the bad behaviour he has displayed. I mean if u r using this scripture then u are talking about something in particular
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by chiraqDemon(m): 4:00pm On Oct 10, 2017
sharpwriter:

We are just talking? what can we do? All these our comments are useless. The first failure of the society is to watch in cowardliness when another is being harassed. Had it been people rise up to the occasion to challenge soldiers or police by asking the offence of the oppressed, all these will reduce. Our problem is that we are cowards, and we cant jointly help one another. If we cant do that, what should we do? Talk s useless bro. Shall we continue like this? We are educated and perhaps a thread should start on this forum, and let us brain task ourselves, and proffer solutions. I suggest someone should head this and compare sensible comments so we arrive at a conclusion. As thoughts keep coming, let us present them. All our talks na story o... At least, it is not everybody that will fly abroad. If we even go, is that where we will wanna end our future? What if anything happens there that becomes a threat to us, na our land we go still come back to. I am not chastising yu bro, but all these nonsense must stop. Our education must speak. What shall we do bro? Thank you. embarassed angry angry
Bro u speak the truth

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Flaghouse1: 4:01pm On Oct 10, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
He's even a troll.

Not in my character ,but we need to say it as it is bro, forget right na person wet dey alive dey fit write statement, it's a warped system we are. In ,it will take a lot of enlightenment to pass the message of "I am on my right" to these guys as a result of the precarious security challenges we are in the country.

Have a blessed day!
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Coloradvantage(m): 4:04pm On Oct 10, 2017
vanhelsing1:

plssss b reasonable....we r talkin bat a country wia pple r suspected becos of dia dress n grooming....
since we all kw d police suspects first guy's wt dreadlocks n very long beards....y put urself in dat kind of situation...?he could b labeled a criminal n b killed for nothing...
plsssss display wisdom because it preserves alive its owner...
der is no more time for foolishness....
life is short....b safe...
we see many organizations going down... not just and only due to economic factor.... but... those engaged for hiring... judge base on out look, etc! yes i get everyone's point! saying goes that... your out fit is your mouth piece ... but no matter how I chose to appear should not be used to humiliate me! I am emphasizing on one thing! we can drum till things change... I am not sweeping the risk down the carpet... considering the kindnof society we live in!

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Vacora(m): 4:20pm On Oct 10, 2017
Flaghouse1:

I enjoy the fluency of your comments , but the truth be told appearance matters, in as much as you seem to be grounded in legal technicalities whenever one is confronted with situation similar with that of the OP we need to use wisdom,the system we are is warped I know it will take some time to clean up the mess, but looking at the security challenges and crime rate in the society now eveybody is a suspect when confronted by any SARS operative ,once you cooperate and with kind words you will even joke as the interrogation proceeds.

The OP will not tell you 100% what transpired between him and the officer just to gather support ,I am not saying there are no overzealous officers but at times we need to present ourselves in a calm demeanor to allow things work in our favour/advantage

I agree with you that our cooperation is important but like I said when they cross the line then really something needs to be done. It is unlawful for them to lay hands on a grown man who has not committed any offence neither should anyone be judged based on looks. These people are a disgrace to the uniform and the oath they took.
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 10, 2017
PierreDeFermat:
Gbe enu oshi soun and get lost joor. you are not making any sense. any intelligent person can learn from any religion but your bigotry has blocked your thinking that you don't understand my point

grin

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Vacora(m): 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2017
chiraqDemon:

Bro u speak the truth

I am open to sensible discussions and solutions. What I cannot stand is stupidity of blaming the victims. We have to do something to reverse this ugly trend in Nigeria of extra judicial punishments or abuse of power by law enforcement. It is going to be an ardous task to reoreintate the minds of some Nigerians judging by the comments blaming the poor chap.
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by alaskido(m): 4:26pm On Oct 10, 2017
My brother, sorry for your ordeal with these useless bastards. Next time just obey like a zombie and always remember to pray before leaving your home. I do not know why I was born a Nigerian.
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Mozegee: 4:28pm On Oct 10, 2017
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by deepwater(f):
10:22am
My dear friend, i am sorry about your experience.
But honestly the govt doesn't give a Bleep about you or your ordeals with sars.
You are still alive, you are lucky.
Many young men were killed innocently as the python danced.
What was your reaction? You didnt give up on Nigerian then, because it did not concern you right
Last week i witnessed the brutal beating of a man and his wife by a 2 Nigerian soldiers, just because the man said 'oga comot for road' so his bike wont hit him, he lost some blood for daring to tell a WHOLE Nigerian soldier to leave the road.
Like i said earlier,e go reach everybody one, by one.
Una no go see wetin go hit una!!!
In other parlance, you won't see it coming
Keep cheering evil, a beast has no owner, it bites as the evil spirit leads
We gave up on this country before we were born, still can not believe how we got here in the 1st place.
( Quote) (Report ) 107 Likes ( Like) 10 Shares (Share )
Re: Ogun Corper Be U are right@deep water,if i know ur location i will gv u some bottle of cold beer.This is just the begining,is now he know he has gvn up.when army was killing innocent ipop members,may be some one like him was there happy.Just know we are in deep mess

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by ezravandi(m): 4:37pm On Oct 10, 2017
The fear of SARS is the Beginning of wisdom
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by chiraqDemon(m): 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2017
burticious:
First, it is not illegal for police to search your phone . The Nigerian Police can search a person's phone on reasonable suspicion of crime, or attempt
Note reasonable suspicion.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by tiwiex(m): 4:42pm On Oct 10, 2017
lenghtinny:

What law empowers them to stop and be searching people's phone randomly. Even Efcc that's supposed to be in charge of fraud and related offences does not have such rights. When did anti robbery become related to fraud please?

It's because people like you won't speak out against the injustice, that's why those criminals have become more bold and daring in extortion..

is it just me or am i observing a serious disregard for human rights recently?

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by LilieJmac: 4:45pm On Oct 10, 2017
Life has no duplicate ooo..I pray you don't encounter them next time but if you do, just obey them and go your way, it won't take anything from you.
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by kenny5811(m): 4:45pm On Oct 10, 2017
Johnnyessence:
The sad incident happened today in Ogun State. While narrating what happened, he said: “I had double encounters with SARS at Sango Toll Gate. They stopped the cab I was in and asked me to alight from the vehicle.
I got down and showed them my NYSC ID card and Artiste ID card. They asked to check my phone but I refused, I told them I just met their colleagues at Meiran and I was already getting frustrated with the way and manner they were stopping me for no reason, not like I was dressed shabily.
They asked me to get into their bus but I refused, suddenly a struggle ensued causing another scene again. I kept struggling with 2 of the SARS guys until their boss who’s well built and very masculine gave me series of slaps and blows before I obliged.
Meanwhile onlookers were just watching without anyone coming to my rescue. While in the bus, their boss said I injured him while struggling with them and for that I was going to pay for letting him bleed.
That’s how I was turned into a punching bag by this. All this was happening while their bus driver who’s actually a local bus commuter driver was driving. After about an hour I was already thinking they were kidnappers due to the lonely areas we’ve been plying.
When he was done checking my phone without seeing nothing incriminating, he was like so I’m I a Yahoo Boy I said No. He then told the bus driver to stop at a Govt primary school field where touts do come to smoke Marijuana.
He then treathened to shoot me and dump my body at the bush saying nothing will happen. They said so because I’m a Corper that I think I can struggle with them. That they don’t know who is giving us useless orientation.
I was later uncuffed. Before I alighted from their bus, I was able to write down the bus number since I couldn’t get their identity. (SMK05X6, its a mini 7 seater bus. I’m traumatized and I only hope the NPF will investigate and bring this men to justice. I give UP on this country.”

source:http://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2017/10/i-give-up-on-this-country-ogun-corps.html
.....my brother..... i follow u gv up o..... dis sars guys messed me up a few weeks ago.. my question remains unanswered " where d 4vckin human right lawyer/activists?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by chiraqDemon(m): 4:47pm On Oct 10, 2017
Investnow2017:

Do you think, life wouldn't have been better under the colonial masters than it is now? I am just curious.
I don't know but I think we shouldn't have gained independence till 2015 sef.
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by chiraqDemon(m): 4:53pm On Oct 10, 2017
Flaghouse1:

Right advise ,if really that's the way he appeared on the day as displayed by the picture attached, the SARS guy even pitied him to allow him go at the end of the day, if I am the SARS officer I I'll detain him into the police station for 2days do a thorough search of his residence and phone to pick out incriminating evidence,just imaging the guy coming here to blame SARS officer for doing his job,he does not know that even me at my age can pose as a corner,
1,how much them dey sell khaki for market
2.how much be white singlet for market
3.How much them dey take sew trouser from tailor

By the time you add all the above together you can spend up to N6,000.00,they even fake police uniform talk less of corper uniform

Dress the way you want to be addressed
If im to dress the way I want to be addressed I won't be dressing for ppl with ur mentality. Do u think the sars guys left him cos of pity or cos they knew they had no reason to arrest him? Why did they have to go and drop him somewhere else if they were doing the right thing.
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by juxtabayano(m): 5:00pm On Oct 10, 2017
haywire07:
Just look at his pix and he's complaining of being harassed

*too many mentions insulting me but ano fit reply cos I just dey recover from 4months ban* grin lalasticlala shay u can see for urself
You are worse than the SARS operatives for such a callous comment.
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by vanhelsing1(m): 5:06pm On Oct 10, 2017
Coloradvantage:
we see many organizations going down... not just and only due to economic factor.... but... those engaged for hiring... judge base on out look, etc! yes i get everyone's point! saying goes that... your out fit is your mouth piece ... but no matter how I chose to appear should not be used to humiliate me! I am emphasizing on one thing! we can drum till things change... I am not sweeping the risk down the carpet... considering the kindnof society we live in!
far better reasoning dis time around.ur words r in place...u r not far from d truth....a couple of weeks ago,I read how a girl traveling along east west road ws humiliated by sars.our environment is very hostile..one has to b careful...especially south south n lagos environs...b cautious man n stay away from trouble.
God bless
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by chiraqDemon(m): 5:14pm On Oct 10, 2017
Vacora:

I am open to sensible discussions and solutions. What I cannot stand is stupidity of blaming the victims. We have to do something to reverse this ugly trend in Nigeria of extra judicial punishments or abuse of power by law enforcement. It is going to be an ardous task to reoreintate the minds of some Nigerians judging by the comments blaming the poor chap.
Im just tired, I actually see this as a problem from civilians themselves. someone is brutalised and the first thing you do is to attack him, for being different from you. Is this not the same thing as blaming a girl for being raped? I mean it's still blaming the victim for being treated unfairly. Im really disappointed in the comments.
They forget that one day it might be their turn.

Personally I still think social media is the way to tackle this problem. An app to monitor n report police brutality would be lit. If anything will make me go into app and software development this will surely be on the list. It's already clear that the government does not care or it would have been addressed already.

There was even a time in one stste like that (can't remember) when police would just bring u down and cut ur hair and ur beard on the road, I think the commissioner of police or an important police person was on the radio, someone called and asked about it and he was like it's to curb criminal activity, another called and asked him the connection between hair and criminal activity and he couldn't answer.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Codes151(m): 5:17pm On Oct 10, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
You better thank God for your life....never ,I repeat never argue with SARS!!!!!!!!!.... If the shoot you nothing will happened !!..they will claim you are an armed robber....next time ,when SARS ask for your phone give them..let the check ......it is not every time you claim right...we only live once.sorry for your ordeal,but behave better next time...God bless this country
this is a black mans mentality! No hope, hopelessness...

With your mentality, it's obvious ud survive in a zoo

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Flaghouse1: 5:35pm On Oct 10, 2017
Vacora:

I agree with you that our cooperation is important but like I said when they cross the line then really something needs to be done. It is unlawful for them to lay hands on a grown man who has not committed any offence neither should anyone be judged based on looks. These people are a disgrace to the uniform and the oath they took.

You are right to a considerable extent, they have no right to lay hands on him,also the way he dresses should not be a case in sane clime, but when approached if he is calm and not confrontational should never result to being beaten up .though their attitude in most cases are nothing to write home about.
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by opedaydydx9(m): 5:38pm On Oct 10, 2017
See hair like yahoo Boi...

Two stopped my car last week and they were shouting, stop der, park, u was just smiling.... I asked wht he wnted he said won't I give them somtin, I gave him 5h,...
Later Thst day I went back to him nd told him I dint like the way he harassed me, why he dey shout when am not a thief, he laughed and told asked me for forgiveness..
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Flaghouse1: 5:40pm On Oct 10, 2017
[quote author=chiraqDemon post=61291390]
If im to dress the way I want to be addressed I won't be dressing for ppl with ur mentality. Do u think the sars guys left him cos of pity or cos they knew they had no reason to arrest him? Why did they have to go and drop him somewhere else if they were doing the right thing.[/quote

As for you yam head with mentality written all over it,you can carry long or short Rastas and wear sagging jeans when you are stopped don't answer them ,you see that your coconut head will enter panel beater workshop for possible re-alignment with new brain cells so as to set it to factory mode

Yeyenatu !!![b][/b]
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 5:46pm On Oct 10, 2017
Nigeria has always been a useless country how come you didn't know that.

My advice: Understand any system(Country) you are in. And survive. F*ck your rights, f*ck the law. Just survive.

Be wise
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by oneniceguy(m): 5:47pm On Oct 10, 2017
haywire07:
Just look at his pix and he's complaining of being harassed

*too many mentions insulting me but ano fit reply cos I just dey recover from 4months ban* grin lalasticlala shay u can see for urself

You are a big fool. You are one of the reasons Nigeria won't ever grow.
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Investnow2017: 6:08pm On Oct 10, 2017
olisaEze:

Bro ure right that they built good structures and roads, but they weren't for our people but for themselves. Our people were only deemed fit to occupy their boy's qtrs to serve them. The education was not for our enlightenment but to provide them with workers that could be led and not think 4themselves (why else would u teach that Mungo park discovered a river that the natives took him to?). The individuals u mentioned fought to better themselves outside the shores of the country and so could think beyond the then accepted slave/master mentality. Pls read up on how Zik went abroad to school. No one else can love and work for ur country more than u can. Their educational system is what plagues Nigeria today as we keep bringing out graduates that would rather look 4someone to work for than create a solution to our myriad problems. Thinking that colonialism is just, is the same as the Israelites wishing to return to Egypt where they were slaves but could eat meals given to them by their masters. The sacrifice of our forefathers should not be taken for granted. They weren't given their independence on a platter of gold.

My dear brother. Thanks for educating me today. The aspects you touched and maturedly at that without doubting the sincerity of my questions and uninformed opinion is enlightening. Thanks so much. I sincerely appreciate your outlook.

Its just that when you take a critical look at the goings in our society you would wish we were re-colonized - and from what i have gleaned from your write up, it is not an option. One though cannot but be moved when you find that those at the helms of affair desire the good life obtainable overseas and yet fall short of workings actualizing same in our own land!. Rgds

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by chiraqDemon(m): 6:12pm On Oct 10, 2017
[quote author=Flaghouse1 post=61292753][/quote]
Smh. When ppl think that waterproof can do the work of condom this is what they get. Just swerve me abeg

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is This The Shortest Female NYSC Corper In Nigeria?(pictured) / Corper Covered In Blood Takes Selfie After Surviving Road Accident (photos) / Ogun State Corp Members Decamped For Sexual Activities.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.