Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,923 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) - NYSC (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) (56774 Views)

African Civet Killed In My PPA - Ogun Corper / Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt / 'Help Me Collect My Allawee' - Ogun Corper's Last Words Before His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 10, 2017
ochukwuma15:
If you're a corp member and Nigerian police personnel stop you for any reason.
Please introduce yourself and show them your identity card. Whatever happens next, never argue with them, if they ask you to enter their vehicle, don't quarrel with them please.

If they brutalized you or harm you in any way, just thank them, once you leave their presence, report yourself to the nearest military formation, ensure that you complain to a military police officer. Then sit back and watch the next episode.

Never argue with the Nigerian police.

Excellent advice.

A refreshing one from the juvenile delinquent ones.
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 10, 2017
Flaghouse1:

Young man from Ilorin,-Taiwo oke or Taiwo isale, you behave as if you are not enlightened , you come here to say I may be insane, let us tell ourselves the truth here, I said if the picture I am seeing is the way the guy appeared when he was accosted by the SARS officer then they are doing there job, he should have cooperated with them so as to clear him of any criminal suspicion,why should he be dragging with an armed officer?

Mind you I never habor any bad thought against the young man,but for the SARS officer to clear him of any criminal suspicion since he is proving heady in sane society he can be detained and search done on him, you will be surprise the outcome of a search in his residence and phone could come u with,

See let me advise you, don't think all these police officers you see are dumb ,if they really want to investigate a person you will be surprised the level of security sophistication they have attained

I fully respect the Nigerian Police.

They are not all clueless and inept like some would think.
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Topmaike007(m): 2:03pm On Oct 10, 2017
Coloradvantage:
you are a big foo.l. so what's wrong with him? must everyone dress ... get the same hair style...! the world is wide with different people with their choices.., stop acting local! anofia!
guy u deserve more likes for your comment 374 is too small,let me go and add mine.
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Flaghouse1: 2:09pm On Oct 10, 2017
Vacora:

Another person talking absolute bull. You will illegally detain someone for 2 days then illegally search their home? grin Which Inspector will allow you custody or who will prosecute your spurious allegations? You think arrests are just to detain suspects? You should present the matter before a judge or some form of judicial disposal ie fine or charge, caution or warn. You need to go before a judge for a warrant and frankly in your case you will laughed out of court for presenting a shoddy case and worse you will be reprimanded and arrested for various offences. The backwardness in law enforcement is alarming ans when we point this out even with prior experience you chose to remain ignorant? Keep living in the stone ages whilst developed nations forge ahead.

I enjoy the fluency of your comments , but the truth be told appearance matters, in as much as you seem to be grounded in legal technicalities whenever one is confronted with situation similar with that of the OP we need to use wisdom,the system we are is warped I know it will take some time to clean up the mess, but looking at the security challenges and crime rate in the society now eveybody is a suspect when confronted by any SARS operative ,once you cooperate and with kind words you will even joke as the interrogation proceeds.

The OP will not tell you 100% what transpired between him and the officer just to gather support ,I am not saying there are no overzealous officers but at times we need to present ourselves in a calm demeanor to allow things work in our favour/advantage

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by akinszz: 2:15pm On Oct 10, 2017
Coloradvantage:
you are a big foo.l. so what's wrong with him? must everyone dress ... get the same hair style...! the world is wide with different people with their choices.., stop acting local! anofia!

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2017
deepwater:
My dear friend, i am sorry about your experience.
But honestly the govt doesn't give a Bleep about you or your ordeals with sars.
You are still alive, you are lucky.
Many young men were killed innocently as the python danced.
What was your reaction? You didnt give up on Nigerian then, because it did not concern you right grin
Last week i witnessed the brutal beating of a man and his wife by a 2 Nigerian soldiers, just because the man said 'oga comot for road' so his bike wont hit him, he lost some blood for daring to tell a WHOLE Nigerian soldier to leave the road.

Like i said earlier,e go reach everybody one, by one.
Una no go see wetin go hit una!!!
In other parlance, you won't see it coming undecided
Keep cheering evil, a beast has no owner, it bites as the evil spirit leads

We gave up on this country before we were born, still can not believe how we got here in the 1st place.

I wish o could 'like' your post a thousand times. Dont mind them, they were all cheering the army when they were harassing and intimidating people in the S.E. Its a matter of time before it gets to everybody

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 10, 2017
chiraqDemon:

So what makes his hair to be bad fruit??
Did the Bible say that everybody must carry lowcut or skull?
I didnt mention anything he did before U identify his hair, Matt 6 : 16. You can identify them by their fruit, that is, by the
way they act. Can you pick grapes from
thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 10, 2017
POLICE ESPECIALLY SARS ARE CRIMINALS....NEXT TIME BRO GIVE THEM YOUR PHONE....IMAGINE IF YOU WERE ACTUALLY SHOT AND DUMBED IN THAT PRIMARY SCHOOL....YOUR FAMILY WOULD HAVE DECLARED YOU MISSING AND LATER IF THE BODY IS FOUND THEY WILL BLAIM THOSE IGBO SMOKERS....COS THOSE CRIMINAL SARS WILL MAKE IT LOOK AS IF YOU WERE ROBBED AND SHOT...

SO SORRY DUDE.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Flaghouse1: 2:24pm On Oct 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I fully respect the Nigerian Police.

They are not all clueless and inept like some would think.

Baba

The day I fear police was when an old friend bought a car in 2010 for me but could not deliver after 6 months story today ,story tomorrow. The guy relocated and number not reached , I had to leave Lagos and travel to ilorin, on getting there I went to area commander the luck I had was I was able to download his picture , on citing the picture one of the police CID. just laughed and said I know this guy na town boy.

Wihin 12 hours around 7.00 am the next day the same CID called me and said oga we don get guy, I was doubting him until I came to station to see my friend there ,

It all ended well , he paid some cash and apologised that he had issues with another consignment which the agent messed him up,we settled and he even contacted me when he got other cars if I would be interested.

I laugh at people when they look at the NIGERIAN POLICE OFFICER as one tha lack investigative training./ skills

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by KingOfSkills: 2:29pm On Oct 10, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
You better thank God for your life....never ,I repeat never argue with SARS!!!!!!!!!.... If the shoot you nothing will happened !!..they will claim you are an armed robber....next time ,when SARS ask for your phone give them..let the check ......it is not every time you claim right...we only live once.sorry for your ordeal,but behave better next time...God bless this country
u have a point sha oo.

if anything had happened to that guy, God forbid, na so the matter go die, the culprits will go free, move on to next victim.
Nigeria is really a dysfunctional society.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Ranchhoddas: 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
You better thank God for your life....never ,I repeat never argue with SARS!!!!!!!!!.... If the shoot you nothing will happened !!..they will claim you are an armed robber....next time ,when SARS ask for your phone give them..let the check ......it is not every time you claim right...we only live once.sorry for your ordeal,but behave better next time...God bless this country
This is a very stupid thing to say.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Ranchhoddas: 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
KunkAcid:
shocked

From the guy's pic, I can only conclude that those SARS operatives were only doing their legitimate job.

Without mincing words, the guy looks like a struggling yahoo boy!

Some corpers think wearing khaki gives them an immunity from being interrogated or arrested by the police.

What a daft orientation!

He was even struggling with them, they should have given him the beating of his miserable life.

Many Nigerians who are claiming this and that is my right have never for once opened the Nigerian constitution, some have never even seen the Nigerian constitution talkless of owning one.

All they know is right to life, life to possession of property, freedom of movement bla bla bla that they were thought in social studies while in primary school.

He should just go and be thanking his stars that he was let go.

Nonsense!
You are a coward and a fool.
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Flaghouse1: 2:39pm On Oct 10, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
This is a very stupid thing to say.

Why do we like decieving ourselves like this ,if you are the one confronted by the SARS officer you would have chickened out and hand overt he phone to them ,don't push people into believing that in this situation you need to be claiming right,study the vibes within your environment to decide how best to handle intricate situations my dear brother
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by shedo2012(m): 2:41pm On Oct 10, 2017
Guy pls dnt cal him a fool. He may be right in his own eyes. if any soldier or group of armies catches u with such hair style den u will knw dere ix a BIG difference BTW Six $ half a dozen...
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by tgbaba(m): 2:42pm On Oct 10, 2017
this is really sad. Now that soldiers has join join SARS around that axis claiming operation python dance, i wonder if things like this will not increase. i had an encounter with one of them yesterday while driving to lagos from toll gate. one of the soldier was making gesture that meant slow down to me, i complied and even stopped waiting for him to say something though i have passed him. after waiting for about 1 minute, i decide to keep driving. Then there was a bus blocking the way that made me stop again. then i saw the soldier coming towards me. i almost freak out wondering what have i don wrong. Then he caught up with me asking me why didnt i wait when he asked me to. Then i told him i thought he said i should slow down which i did and after waiting for him without him doing anything i moved.
at the end he said i can go. i wonder if he was drunk maybe the encounter would had been be different. anyways they should do quick and leave the road. Their sudden presence on the road is frighten.
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Mozegee: 2:45pm On Oct 10, 2017
Bro u gv up on this country late,for me i hv done that since.Nothing is working and this is a clueless govt i hv ever seen.I thank God they did not shoot,if they did noty will happen.Calling IG of police is a waiste of time because if u look at him,he is epitome of corruption.Nigeria is a mistake,but voting this govt in power is the greatest mistake.Bro take heart and hand everything to God
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Ranchhoddas: 2:50pm On Oct 10, 2017
Flaghouse1:

Why do we like decieving ourselves like this ,if you are the one confronted by the SARS officer you would have chickened out and hand overt he phone to them ,don't push people into believing that in this situation you need to be claiming right,study the vibes within your environment to decide how best to handle intricate situations my dear brother
Another one.

Nothing will change until people stop thinking this way. It was what Fela sang against in the 70s that is still going on.
There must be a conscious effort on the part of the oppressed to resist oppression before it can stop.
You are making the same mistake your parents made.
Even people who "cooperate" with those criminals in uniform get killed in some cases.
We will be in the same situation perpetually until we decide to do things differently.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by tasland(m): 2:50pm On Oct 10, 2017
lenghtinny:
The rate at which this criminal in blacks harass young guys on the streets is becoming alarming these days especially in Lagos and south west in general...
The annoying thing is people are now beginning to see this madness as normal and the government is turning a blind eye to this lawlessness angry..
like we have gorvement, Shey na today those people dey harass people wey gorvement turn deaf ear? May God save us from Dis zoo
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by timifakay(m): 2:52pm On Oct 10, 2017
In my opinion, he got it wrong at these points
I got down and showed them my NYSC ID card and Artiste ID card.
Never give information you were not asked (let them ask for where you work before presenting ID. Example: I work at 'so and so place as a corper')
Just showing you are a university graduate makes some feel inferior and want to mess you up with your degree.

I told them I just met their colleagues at Meiran and I was already getting frustrated with the way and manner they were stopping me for no reason, not like I was dressed shabily.

Never express emotions. If you must make sure it's enthusiastic and positive, this throws them off balance.

They asked me to get into their bus but I refused, suddenly a struggle ensued causing another scene again. I kept struggling with 2 of the SARS guys until their boss who’s well built and very masculine gave me series of slaps and blows before I obliged.

Its better to ask if you are being arrested nicely and why it's necessary to enter or start begging outrightly. Beg and make claims an urgent appointment that's a matter of life and death and start stating you are broke while begging...
These tricks have helped me with different law enforcement agents.
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Flaghouse1: 3:00pm On Oct 10, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Another one.

Nothing will change until people stop thinking this way. It was what Fela sang against in the 70s that is still going on.
There must be a conscious effort on the part of the oppressed to resist oppression before it can stop.
You are making the same mistake your parents made.
Even people who "cooperate" with those criminals in uniform get killed in some cases.
We will be in the same situation perpetually until we decide to do things differently.

Well when you encountered them "do anyhow and see anyhow" atleast there will be people to witness the situation

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Ranchhoddas: 3:03pm On Oct 10, 2017
Flaghouse1:

Well when you encountered them "do anyhow and see anyhow" atleast there will be people to witness the situation
You deserve to be a Nigerian.
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by DONADAMS(m): 3:05pm On Oct 10, 2017
Praktikals:

The way you are dressed will determine the way you will be addressed. See his hairstlye in the pix.
So after the beating, u were still able to cram the vehicle plate number? That is why I like the python dance crew. If them beat you, e go be like say train jam u. Even your name u no go remember .
LMAO
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by DONADAMS(m): 3:05pm On Oct 10, 2017
Praktikals:

The way you are dressed will determine the way you will be addressed. See his hairstlye in the pix.
So after the beating, u were still able to cram the vehicle plate number? That is why I like the python dance crew. If them beat you, e go be like say train jam u. Even your name u no go remember .
LMAO grin...ndi army ehn
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by dejumite(m): 3:06pm On Oct 10, 2017
what pain me most about country is that law met for poor people and all this useless SAR or whatever they called themselves is for the to beat innocent citizens of this nation for them follow crimes they won't. Useless and lawless people
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Flaghouse1: 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
You deserve to be a Nigerian.

And you deserve to be a Scottish or whiskey.its your likes that will tell other friends I am solidly behind you nothing is going to happen, once the reggae changes to blues you will quickly bailout

Take this one again for your afternoon delight

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Aleora(f): 3:23pm On Oct 10, 2017
Drienzia:
hopeless idiot.. did he kidnapp ur father? ..what's wrong in keeping beards? which kind mad people de nairaland cef
am sure your ancestors lack home training and u inherited part of their senseless attitude..next time u insult me directly and dont talk to my pops that way..anuofia......
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by drotba(m): 3:26pm On Oct 10, 2017
deepwater:
My dear friend, i am sorry about your experience.
But honestly the govt doesn't give a Bleep about you or your ordeals with sars.
You are still alive, you are lucky.
Many young men were killed innocently as the python danced.
What was your reaction? You didnt give up on Nigerian then, because it did not concern you right grin
Last week i witnessed the brutal beating of a man and his wife by a 2 Nigerian soldiers, just because the man said 'oga comot for road' so his bike wont hit him, he lost some blood for daring to tell a WHOLE Nigerian soldier to leave the road.

Like i said earlier,e go reach everybody one, by one.
Una no go see wetin go hit una!!!
In other parlance, you won't see it coming undecided
Keep cheering evil, a beast has no owner, it bites as the evil spirit leads

We gave up on this country before we were born, still can not believe how we got here in the 1st place.

No one is save until everyone is save. One way or another, we are all victims.Stand for what is right because you might not know whose turn it will be to be victim.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by olisaEze(m): 3:28pm On Oct 10, 2017
Investnow2017:

Was it as bad as that? I thought people like Azikiwe, Awolowo, Enahoro and even some prominent people in Nigeria today had their education under colonial rule. The aspects of our cities that existed while the colonial guys were in power still appear better planned than the rest up till today. And education under colonial rule appear to be of better quality than what we see today. Don't you agree with me?

Bro ure right that they built good structures and roads, but they weren't for our people but for themselves. Our people were only deemed fit to occupy their boy's qtrs to serve them. The education was not for our enlightenment but to provide them with workers that could be led and not think 4themselves (why else would u teach that Mungo park discovered a river that the natives took him to?). The individuals u mentioned fought to better themselves outside the shores of the country and so could think beyond the then accepted slave/master mentality. Pls read up on how Zik went abroad to school. No one else can love and work for ur country more than u can. Their educational system is what plagues Nigeria today as we keep bringing out graduates that would rather look 4someone to work for than create a solution to our myriad problems. Thinking that colonialism is just, is the same as the Israelites wishing to return to Egypt where they were slaves but could eat meals given to them by their masters. The sacrifice of our forefathers should not be taken for granted. They weren't given their independence on a platter of gold.
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by PierreDeFermat(m): 3:31pm On Oct 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I never asked you to like me or my comments. Eat shyte and croak.

What’s the rant about Muslims? Who is the Muslim that you’re preaching to?
Gbe enu oshi soun and get lost joor. you are not making any sense. any intelligent person can learn from any religion but your bigotry has blocked your thinking that you don't understand my point

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by condomuser: 3:31pm On Oct 10, 2017
My brother you are too late for giving up on this country now, i gave up on this country over 10 years ago
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Ranchhoddas: 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2017
Flaghouse1:

And you deserve to be a Scottish or whiskey.its your likes that will tell other friends I am solidly behind you nothing is going to happen, once the reggae changes to blues you will quickly bailout

Take this one again for your afternoon delight
He's even a troll.
Re: Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos) by Coloradvantage(m): 3:43pm On Oct 10, 2017
Topmaike007:
guy u deserve more likes for your comment 374 is too small,let me go and add mine.
lol... yes ! bro. even without a single like ... or even if the likes of this guy come bashing... I need to say the truth! the world will be so boring if we all act the same! same color... same everything!... I believe so much in choice... as long as it doesn't hurt no body!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is This The Shortest Female NYSC Corper In Nigeria?(pictured) / Corper Covered In Blood Takes Selfie After Surviving Road Accident (photos) / Ogun State Corp Members Decamped For Sexual Activities.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.