Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Iceland Breaks Record, Becomes Smallest Country To Qualify For World Cup. - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iceland Breaks Record, Becomes Smallest Country To Qualify For World Cup. (20549 Views)

Nigeria's Opponent, Iceland, Opt Out Of FIFA World Cup In Russia / List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup / List Of 8 Countries That Have Qualified For World Cup 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iceland Breaks Record, Becomes Smallest Country To Qualify For World Cup. by amazingspiderma: 9:07am On Oct 10, 2017
I am going to be seeing that spectacular clap by the Icelandic fans and the players.

Always love watching them clap after every match in the Euros.

In the last Euro 10% of the country was in France to watch the national team. This time I know they would be setting another record for fan present with respect to country population.Maybe be 30%.
Re: Iceland Breaks Record, Becomes Smallest Country To Qualify For World Cup. by madridguy(m): 9:08am On Oct 10, 2017
Til Hamingju ICELAND! = Congratulations ICELAND!

Recall the famous Vikings clap at last year's Euro championship in France?

We look forward to seeing such again as the fairy tale of the little island continues as they become the smallest nation ever to qualify for the World Cup next year in Russia.
Who would have thought? Some may ask

One striking thing about the fairy tale of this little nation is how they galvanized their team to become so strong overtime.

They are a team made of relatively unknown players in which very few of them ply their trade in top European leagues yet they were able to secure the top spot in their qualifying rounds ahead of Croatia and Ukraine (big names in Europe).
This is a result of TEAMWORK.

You may not have the best of individuals in your team but when you harness the potential in each person and everyone works together with a goal in view, GIANTS are brought down and IMPOSSIBLE things happen.
Never underestimate the power of a TEAM for Together Each Achieves More.

#ImpossibleThingsCanHappen
#TogetherWeWin
Re: Iceland Breaks Record, Becomes Smallest Country To Qualify For World Cup. by Abagworo(m): 9:14am On Oct 10, 2017
veekid:
A world cup without Messi; is that one a world cup?

Messi is not a national superstar. His career is all about club as Argentina has failed to perform at national level.

1 Like

Re: Iceland Breaks Record, Becomes Smallest Country To Qualify For World Cup. by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 10, 2017
potent5:

You are a funny character. To slap you de hungry me.
I will beat u sotey, U will forget ur name grin
Re: Iceland Breaks Record, Becomes Smallest Country To Qualify For World Cup. by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:21am On Oct 10, 2017
Iceland again. .is this not the same team thatqualify for European cup of nations and almost cause an upset. .it's the same Iceland now going to the world cup. .i pray they fall into our group. .smallest nation vs most corrupt nation. .we go see

1 Like

Re: Iceland Breaks Record, Becomes Smallest Country To Qualify For World Cup. by AlwaysUltraPad: 10:15am On Oct 10, 2017
baski92:
you blind
no! Read again and you'd see what I'm saying.
Re: Iceland Breaks Record, Becomes Smallest Country To Qualify For World Cup. by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 10, 2017
Beginning to think that Biafra can achieve this kind feats and many more!
Re: Iceland Breaks Record, Becomes Smallest Country To Qualify For World Cup. by oluxzy: 10:20am On Oct 10, 2017
eldee365:
Why you guys always rush to say nonsense? someone made sense! you decided to be stuupid!!!
fowl goan check wikipedia wella
Re: Iceland Breaks Record, Becomes Smallest Country To Qualify For World Cup. by GuntersChain(m): 10:35am On Oct 10, 2017
the population of 335,000 people, this got me amazing.
Re: Iceland Breaks Record, Becomes Smallest Country To Qualify For World Cup. by potent5(m): 10:48am On Oct 10, 2017
EliteBiz:
I will beat u sotey, U will forget ur name grin
That's after I don slap idiocy comot from brain.
Re: Iceland Breaks Record, Becomes Smallest Country To Qualify For World Cup. by baski92(m): 10:50am On Oct 10, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
no! Read again and you'd see what I'm saying.
lol sorry my bad
Re: Iceland Breaks Record, Becomes Smallest Country To Qualify For World Cup. by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 10, 2017
potent5:

That's after I don slap idiocy comot from brain.
Impotent5 ......last warning angry
Re: Iceland Breaks Record, Becomes Smallest Country To Qualify For World Cup. by edgeP(m): 11:49am On Oct 10, 2017
arukwe123:
see you, u think they are not good. FYI they defeated almighty England. Pray we should meet those asian countries.
Boss, point of correction, nothing mighty about English Team, the last time they won anything was 1966, our dear super eagles has won many nations cup since then.
Re: Iceland Breaks Record, Becomes Smallest Country To Qualify For World Cup. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 10, 2017
AnonyNymous:
Kosovo that isn't still recognized by Spain and a host of other countries. Spain's reason being that it would indirectly be supporting secession while they have Catalonia to deal with at home. If Kosovo eventually qualifies I wonder if they'll play their World Cup matches behind closed doors.

Well congrats to Iceland, but let's see if they make it anywhere in the competition grin
you get brain at all. so where have they be plating the qualifier, in a closed door?
Re: Iceland Breaks Record, Becomes Smallest Country To Qualify For World Cup. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 10, 2017
SnowJay92:
Beginning to think that Biafra can achieve this kind feats and many more!
wasnt it Biafra that qualified Nigeria?
Re: Iceland Breaks Record, Becomes Smallest Country To Qualify For World Cup. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 10, 2017
beamtopola:

wasnt it Biafra that qualified Nigeria?

I didn't mean to be tribal here bro, I meant that small homogeneous nations can still achieve success, since Nigeria has proven unworkable due to obvious reasons.
Re: Iceland Breaks Record, Becomes Smallest Country To Qualify For World Cup. by Dare2Try(m): 1:43pm On Oct 10, 2017
This team don come again, England should fasting and prayer for Dem not to draw against Iceland again
Re: Iceland Breaks Record, Becomes Smallest Country To Qualify For World Cup. by mechanics(m): 3:26pm On Oct 10, 2017
Congrats to them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iheanacho Is Leicester City's Best Penalty-Taker - Fuchs, Ndidi / Russia 2018: Nigeria’s World Cup Opponent, Iceland, Name 23-man Squad / Ighalo: 'I Enjoyed Every Bit Of The World Cup'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.