Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (549556 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (131) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by olumuyiwaoke(f): 12:05pm On Apr 26, 2018
@Lawland came to my rescue....austransaction for the win....thanks mate God bless....
olumuyiwaoke:
I HAVE POSTED IN ON THE OTHER PLATFORM TOO, BUT I FEEL HELP CAN ALSO COME FROM HERE TOO...hello all, please i would appreciate a response ..i TRIED paying for my assessment using DBN, GT BANK Naira cards but the site declines my card , i tried a gt dollar card same thing, the assessing body is Australian pharmacy council (APC), have called the banks in question DBN said i cant use there card on international platforms, GT bank said they are yet to receive any details regarding the transaction i(it isn"t showing i tried to use the card on the site at all) the payment platform in question is westpac (payway) called APC and they said i should contact my bank for further directives..... please WHAT CAN I DO...AS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS SIMILAR ISSUE? IF YES, PLEASE HOW DID YOU RESOLVE IT....OR DOES ANYONE KNOW A PHARMACIST IN AUSSIE FROM NIGERIA WHO CAN BE OF UTMOST HELP...THANKS E-FAMILY IN ADVANCE...I'M GETTING WORRIED THIS AS LINGERED FOR A WEEK.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Solitin40: 4:33pm On Apr 27, 2018
olumuyiwaoke:
I HAVE POSTED IN ON THE OTHER PLATFORM TOO, BUT I FEEL HELP CAN ALSO COME FROM HERE TOO...hello all, please i would appreciate a response ..i TRIED paying for my assessment using DBN, GT BANK Naira cards but the site declines my card , i tried a gt dollar card same thing, the assessing body is Australian pharmacy council (APC), have called the banks in question DBN said i cant use there card on international platforms, GT bank said they are yet to receive any details regarding the transaction i(it isn"t showing i tried to use the card on the site at all) the payment platform in question is westpac (payway) called APC and they said i should contact my bank for further directives..... please WHAT CAN I DO...AS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS SIMILAR ISSUE? IF YES, PLEASE HOW DID YOU RESOLVE IT....OR DOES ANYONE KNOW A PHARMACIST IN AUSSIE FROM NIGERIA WHO CAN BE OF UTMOST HELP...THANKS E-FAMILY IN ADVANCE...I'M GETTING WORRIED THIS AS LINGERED FOR A WEEK.
Using Austransaction will save you all these wahala now I pray you get it resolved sha
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Anione: 4:53pm On Apr 27, 2018
Hi friends, please I'm considering moving to Australia with a 3month temporary work visa, I care to know if I can renew it after the 3 month while working there. I'm not a graduate, so I hope to do any available positive job or enroll in a disable care training. Please advice me, I'm completely naive on this matter.
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 10:49pm On Apr 27, 2018
Anione:
Hi friends, please I'm considering moving to Australia with a 3month temporary work visa, I care to know if I can renew it after the 3 month while working there. I'm not a graduate, so I hope to do any available positive job or enroll in a disable care training. Please advice me, I'm completely naive on this matter.
Thank you!

Who issued you a three month temporary work visa? What is the class of the visa?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 7:09pm On Apr 28, 2018
bellong:

Who issued you a three month temporary work visa? What is the class of the visa?

Them done use the Gee money go watch Black Panther for cinema grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by TookieJ: 7:25pm On Apr 28, 2018
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

cry cry cry
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by manga5: 1:02am On Apr 29, 2018
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

We have warned people about leaving everything to agents without doing any research yourself. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by jayooh: 11:50am On Apr 30, 2018
Anione:
Thank you!
This is Australia, not Dubai

P.S. so na here all of una deh hide now abi? I catch una
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by jayooh: 12:05pm On Apr 30, 2018
manga5:
Good day Aussie fellow, are there Civil Engineers in the house who are currently practising in Aussie? I just landed in Sydney about 3 weeks ago and I having been job hunting. Please, i am looking for any contact to help me secure my first job. Thanks in advance.
Try contacting lalaazo. Maybe he could assist
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by TeeeVeee: 5:18am On May 03, 2018
Pls I have the Australian Graduate Skilled Visa(subclass 476),I would like to know the experience of Nigerians in Australia,if it easy to get a professional job and how long it can take.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by TeeeVeee: 5:21am On May 03, 2018
Pls I have the Australian Graduate Skilled Visa(subclass 476),I would like to know the experience of Nigerians in Australia,if it easy to get a professional job and how long it can take.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by aussy4life: 9:12pm On May 03, 2018
Guy please i need advice if the following is allowed in Australia even though am planning to thick yes for all food stuff:

1,Medicine (cough syrup for adult and kids without codeine) ordinary panadol or paracetamol, flagyl incase i chop jekuje,white vitamin C do i need doctors prescription to bring them and how many packs can i come with?

2, Powdered milk and milo i understand i can easily get it in Australia i dont intend to start buying them immediately i arrive.

3, Dry fish and stock fish ( okporoko) and indomie noodles allowed.

4, Spice like ( suya spice,pepper soup spice etc) and red oil even if it's big eva bottle? Plan to freeze it first.

5, Bitter leaf dried one can i bring such and for the maggi should i carry it like that or crush them?

Please any other naija stuff that will be useful to bring.

Thanks guys

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by FBS: 10:32pm On May 03, 2018
^^^ Honestly and I could be wrong, bring nothing. Those guys at the border control are not smiling. cheesy
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by FBS: 10:34pm On May 03, 2018
TeeeVeee:
It depends on various factors and no one can tell you how long it can take.
The experience though generally I'd say positive. Generally speaking of course.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by aussy4life: 5:01am On May 04, 2018
Nna meh i get as i ebi to leave naija with just my shokoto not even a cup of garri ijebu sad

I say i go declare all oo na to know the one to bring and one way i no fit bring i they ask so.

Anyway i thank you for your response make i still wait for people way like food like me grin grin

quote author=FBS post=67260730]^^^ Honestly and I could be wrong, bring nothing. Those guys at the border control are not smiling. cheesy[/quote]
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by ZoeW: 8:13am On May 04, 2018
aussy4life:
Guy please i need advice if the following is allowed in Australia even though am planning to thick yes for all food stuff
I honestly think you can carry anything you want to (but not fresh foods) as long as you DECLARE them upon entry. You might get lucky and some things (if not all) will scale through . When you declare your stuff you avoid the fine incase you bring in prohibited items. Bad as e bad they will just confiscate some stuff.

As for me I plan to carry all carryables (dry foods only) and write my items to declare list from naija so I don't forget anything. I no get money for fine.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 8:32am On May 04, 2018
@Aussy4life,

Don't bring in beans. Quarantine are usually skeptical because of the weevil. You could be lucky to scale through but it is better not to bring all the way from Nigeria and lose it at the port of entry.

Don't bring liquid drugs except it is extremely needed for the journey. You can get those stuff here. You can bring paracetamol and the rest, they are all over the counter drugs.

Don't bring anything that contains the bark of a tree like herbs, quarantine will seize it. Aside from the above, you can bring anything.

I am not sure you will be allowed to bring palm oil, the guys at MMIA will collect it except you water ground.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Solitin40: 9:11am On May 04, 2018
aussy4life:
Guy please i need advice if the following is allowed in Australia even though am planning to thick yes for all food stuff:

1,Medicine (cough syrup for adult and kids without codeine) ordinary panadol or paracetamol, flagyl incase i chop jekuje,white vitamin C do i need doctors prescription to bring them and how many packs can i come with?

2, Powdered milk and milo i understand i can easily get it in Australia i dont intend to start buying them immediately i arrive.

4, Spice like ( suya spice,pepper soup spice etc) and red oil even if it's big eva bottle? Plan to freeze it first.

5, Bitter leaf dried one can i bring such and for the maggi should i carry it like that or crush them?

Thanks guys
You are so funny milo and milk from Nigeria just bring your kitchen sef how many Kg do you have anyway I was joking if you have enough space bring everything bringable and at the point of entry the officer may and may not allowed like my iru(locust beans) was banned because she saw beans and my friend was allowed With

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Solitin40: 9:15am On May 04, 2018
@Aussy4life

If you can get grounded beans to make Akara and moim moim bring it I will advise you get it from shoprite

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by aussy4life: 10:42am On May 04, 2018
Exactly i intend wtiting mine down from naija too inshort photocopy sef incase

quote author=ZoeW post=67266956]I honestly think you can carry anything you want to (but not fresh foods) as long as you DECLARE them upon entry. You might get lucky and some things (if not all) will scale through . When you declare your stuff you avoid the fine incase you bring in prohibited items. Bad as e bad they will just confiscate some stuff.

As for me I plan to carry all carryables (dry foods only) and write my items to declare list from naija so I don't forget anything. I no get money for fine. [/quote]
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by aussy4life: 10:46am On May 04, 2018
Noted it's already on the list sef including dry pap to go with it.

Like i said i love food grin

quote author=Solitin40 post=67268759]@Aussy4life

If you can get grounded beans to make Akara and moim moim bring it I will advise you get it from shoprite [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by aussy4life: 10:49am On May 04, 2018
The milo and milk na my factory to leave all behind for other worker's hmmm the thought alone i go package small abeg

Solitin40:

You are so funny milo and milk from Nigeria just bring your kitchen sef how many Kg do you have anyway I was joking if you have enough space bring everything bringable and at the point of entry the officer may and may not allowed like my iru(locust beans) was banned because she saw beans and my friend was allowed With
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Bellacious: 11:19am On May 04, 2018
I'm planning on travelling with OGIRI, will there be issues? Kindly advice.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 04, 2018
aussy4life:

The milo and milk na my factory to leave all behind for other worker's hmmm the thought alone i go package small abeg

From what I watched on border patrol, diary products are not allowed especially milk.

I've watched them sieze it.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by obonujoker(m): 11:46pm On May 04, 2018
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

Lol...

2 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by teewhysafe(f): 1:16am On May 05, 2018
Well, we declared all we brought in at the point of entry and the lady breezed us through.

I packed a lot ranging from iru to dried bitter leaf, cameroon spice, peppersoup spice, dry ogi, elubo, garri, groundnut,egusi, ogbono, grinded crayfish etc.....

U can as well pack and label appropriately and once it is declared, if they dont want it, they seize it but we were allowed through within 2 minutes as i wrote down all the food items i was carrying on a plain piece of paper.
aussy4life:

Thanks guys
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by zimunachimdi: 1:37am On May 05, 2018
bellong:

The immigration laws and policies in the European countries are different from Australia. It is easier for illegal immigrants to survive easily in Europe moving from country to country but little difficult in Australia as it is an island.

Are there illegal immigrants in Australia? Yes there are. Most have local support base and usually the Asians who shipped themselves in. I cannot begin to list the pains and sufferings they go through.

I wouldn't advice anyone to travel to Australia without a legal permit to work. This is not the USA where you may find under the table jobs. Life will be more terrible for the person and would have preferred to remain in Nigeria. In the end, you will eventually be caught, sent to immigration detention centre before being deported.

My advice, if your visitor's visa is a no further stay condition, return home and restrategise. The only condition that can make you stay is if on arriving you develop a medical condition that the doctors assess that returning home may result in death. Aside that, I can't think of any other thing. Even if you do rush rush marriage with a citizen, you will still have to return home before you apply for spouse visa and that is another long thing.

Goodluck with whatever anyone on visitor's visa plans to do.
Sir pls,what of paying for a diploma course on arrival?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 8:23am On May 05, 2018
zimunachimdi:

Sir pls,what of paying for a diploma course on arrival?

You can only do a three month course on visitor's visa
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Razelce: 2:25pm On May 05, 2018
Please house an agent just said he can get me 2years working visa. How true is that please??
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 5:26pm On May 05, 2018
Razelce:
Please house an agent just said he can get me 2years working visa. How true is that please??

With what does he want to get you the visa?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by manucho: 7:00pm On May 05, 2018
Razelce:
What's the category of the working visa? You better read the forum here well and do it yourself, you can read equip yourself use your gathered information to see if the agent really knows what he's doing but I'll tell you to run oooo....working visa Na Dubai or Qatar him wan do for you ni? Australia isn't Europe or America you'll enter illegally and I'm sure that "working visa" is 100% fake. Run for your life mate

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (131) (Reply)

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.