Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:42 AM

Toyota Camry 08 Engine Type Help !!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 08 Engine Type Help !!! (2029 Views)

Rx350 08 Engine Downgrade To 1mz / Passat Cl 650k Last. Engine Type 1.8.. Buy And Drive Home. ENUGU 08163157823 / Verify Engine Type (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 08 Engine Type Help !!! by Badb0y4lyf(m): 11:39am On Oct 10, 2017
Good day everybody have been in the market for a Camry 08 and have seen quite a few the issue i have now is i saw one today with a different engine design around the exhaust manifold i would like to know which of the engine type is best i.e cost of replacement, durability and fuel efficient i don't want to buy wahala make you na help me ooh

Expert in the house

Re: Toyota Camry 08 Engine Type Help !!! by nurey(m): 12:33pm On Oct 10, 2017
This camry has 4 engine variants.

The first one is the 2.5L 4 cylinder engine (6 speed transmission)

The second pix is the 2.4L 4 cylinder engine (5 speed transmission)

the 2.5 was fitted in the facelift in 2009 so the one with the 2.4 should be 07-08 model years
Re: Toyota Camry 08 Engine Type Help !!! by timifakay(m): 3:47pm On Oct 10, 2017
The XV40 Camry was introduced at the 2006 North American International Auto Show alongside a hybrid version and went on sale in March 2006 for the 2007 model year.

Power comes from a choice of four and six-cylinder engines. The 2.4-liter 2AZ-FE I4 engine was carried over and produced 158 horsepower (118 kW). It came with a five-speed manual or five-speed automatic transmission. The 3.5-liter 2GR-FE V6 in contrast came with a new six-speed automatic and produced 268 horsepower (200 kW).[127]

Source: [url]en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Camry[/url]
When you open the bonnet, check the stickers on the inner side for engine type.
Having someone who knows more about cars than yourself carry out a pre-purchase inspection for a fee; to help look out what only trained eyes can see helps.
Re: Toyota Camry 08 Engine Type Help !!! by Badb0y4lyf(m): 10:12pm On Oct 10, 2017
nurey:
This camry has 4 engine variants.

The first one is the 2.5L 4 cylinder engine (6 speed transmission)

The second pix is the 2.4L 4 cylinder engine (5 speed transmission)

the 2.5 was fitted in the facelift in 2009 so the one with the 2.4 should be 07-08 model years

Nurey thanks for the insight going by ur simple explanation the 2009 with the 2.5L seems to be more powerful but in a scenario when engine fails which would be cheap to buy I have heard people say some engine come with 20pin gear which is very expensive I would wana aviod that also which of them drive smooth over to you sir.
Re: Toyota Camry 08 Engine Type Help !!! by Badb0y4lyf(m): 10:13pm On Oct 10, 2017
timifakay:

Source: [url]en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Camry[/url]
When you open the bonnet, check the stickers on the inner side for engine type.
Having someone who knows more about cars than yourself carry out a pre-purchase inspection for a fee; to help look out what only trained eyes can see helps.

Thanks but both engine are four plugs hence the confusion.
Re: Toyota Camry 08 Engine Type Help !!! by nurey(m): 5:29am On Oct 11, 2017
Badb0y4lyf:

Nurey thanks for the insight going by ur simple explanation the 2009 with the 2.5L seems to be more powerful but in a scenario when engine fails which would be cheap to buy I have heard people say some engine come with 20pin gear which is very expensive I would wana aviod that also which of them drive smooth over to you sir.

This is Toyota, engine failure is not associated with it. I would advice the 2.5L as the gear in the 2.4L especially those in 2007 have issues getting damaged easily.

Check the fluid and test drive to confirm gear conditions before buying and then always follow the gear ATF schedule maintenance in the manual for a long lasting use.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla Sport / Ladies Car / Hongqi H9 – This Is The Car That China Throws Against Mercedes S-class And Rolls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.