Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

What Kind Of Cooking Pots Would You Rather Buy? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Kind Of Cooking Pots Would You Rather Buy? (26540 Views)

Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? / Toba Adedeji Journalist Searches For Wife After Burning 3 Pots Of Food In 2 Days / 10 Pictures Of Cooking Gone Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Cooking Pots Would You Rather Buy? by hadjipapiey(m): 11:24am On Mar 31, 2018
shupy:
Where can I get something like this? It's a a 14 quart pot so it's bigger than it looks in picture. All I see in Nigeria are small fry pots with baskets. I need a big fry pot with basket.

I doubt If I have ever seen that in our local kitchenware markets.

Check my siggy

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Cooking Pots Would You Rather Buy? by hadjipapiey(m): 11:26am On Mar 31, 2018
1x2x3:
Most reliable and ever ready pot of all time.

I agree with you.. Plus the flavour it gives especially for ceremonies grin
Re: What Kind Of Cooking Pots Would You Rather Buy? by DonaTee(f): 12:10pm On Mar 31, 2018
EfemenaXY:

Lol! Thanks for this.

But, I'm thinking the traditional west African cooking pots were made from clay as opposed to ceramics?

Was reading up the difference between both and it seems ceramic/porcelain are made using higher temperatures while clay pots are made using much lower temperatures.

Growing up as a child, we used those clay pots as flower pots cheesy but I'm keen to experiment cooking with them even though I've never tried it. I wonder if they can be used with a gas cooker or if it's strictly firewood?

Cc: Mindfulness. Sambarry. Byvan03. Help a sister out. smiley

Check out @ladyorganic on Instagram. She has this earthen pot that can function as a pressure cooker I think.....
She did sell to some pple
And they used it on gas cookers
Re: What Kind Of Cooking Pots Would You Rather Buy? by ogundeleai(m): 3:30pm On Mar 31, 2018
[you cant be using this type of port and stil placing it on hot plate in a house with prepaid meters quote author=EfemenaXY post=61516671]

Lol! Thanks for this.

But, I'm thinking the traditional west African cooking pots were made from clay as opposed to ceramics?

Was reading up the difference between both and it seems ceramic/porcelain are made using higher temperatures while clay pots are made using much lower temperatures.

Growing up as a child, we used those clay pots as flower pots cheesy but I'm keen to experiment cooking with them even though I've never tried it. I wonder if they can be used with a gas cooker or if it's strictly firewood?

Cc: Mindfulness. Sambarry. Byvan03. Help a sister out. smiley[/quote]
Re: What Kind Of Cooking Pots Would You Rather Buy? by Ron343: 2:41pm On Sep 29, 2019
This is a great post. I get lots of opinions I hadn't thought about. I love cooking on cast iron. I have an old set that has not been maintained well. I switched to ceramic cookware. I do like ceramic alot but once its worn out it is trash. I can't re-coat it! At least with the cast iron you can re-season it for ever.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? / How Much Is The Price Of Indomie Noodles In Your Area? / Divorce Celebrated With Cake (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.