Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,552 members, 7,823,435 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? (66274 Views)

Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? / My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) / Sapa Concoction Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 2:54pm On Jun 04, 2022
Yes. I just remembered how we used to prepare concoction rice ( after momsy handed over cooking to us) back in the primary school days before going to school in the morning.

Pics 1 Main ingredient used in this recipe.
Scent leaves
Smoked Titus
Fresh pepper/ tomatoes
Jollof spice. Palm oil was used and dry ground pepper.

Pics 2... Cooked the rice till almost done with tiny water in it.

Pics 3.
Added jollof rice spice. This is my first time using this spice. Didn't know it was red. So I just added a little as you can see in the pics.

Pics 4... Added the onion, fish and veggies.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 2:55pm On Jun 04, 2022
Pics 5.. crushed some seasoning inside it.

Pics 6... Added the tomatoes.

Pics 7 added the dry pepper for to make it more spicy

Pics 8.... I then added palm oil.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 2:55pm On Jun 04, 2022
After adding the palm oil, I covered it to steam and dry properly.

Pics 9 stired and done for next level.

Pics 10.... Dished and served myself a plate of concoction rice.

Lalasticlala.. come and join me.

Taste so delicious just the way I envisaged it.

Now before you come for my head about the mushy rice, that's how I like my rice.

32 Likes 8 Shares

grin grin grin.

Shame all you want. Provided I don eat belleful, I ain't bothered about your negative comments.
I give God the glory for providing for me.
Thank you Jesus.

357 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Kingpin1000: 3:06pm On Jun 04, 2022
Are you sure you know what concoction rice is?

O.P concoction rice can't be this rich na.. you even use tomato and fish...
If this one na your concoction rice, then you dey chop life.

321 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Sheddy5(m): 3:34pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1 this is my mood right now because am only seing it, not tasting it. cry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 3:34pm On Jun 04, 2022
Ishilove:
This is a meal fit for the gods. Specifically the god of the T-junction, Esu.

At your age... SMH for you. Grandma, grow up and learn to be polite in public. You've passed the stage of shaming others like a kinder.

Anyways, your opinion. It doesn't count.

191 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 3:38pm On Jun 04, 2022
Kingpin1000:
Are you sure you know what concoction rice is?

Of course I do. There are various ways of cooking concoction rice and this is one of them

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Mariangeles(f): 3:42pm On Jun 04, 2022
I like your cooking style, except the food colouring. (With all that ingredients, it was unnecessary)
I try as much as possible to use mostly natural ingredients in my cooking because of their nutritional benefits and the flavour they give.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 3:45pm On Jun 04, 2022
Mariangeles:
I like your cooking style, except the food colouring.
I try as much as possible to use mostly natural ingredients in my cooking because of their nutritional benefits and the flavour they give.

Thanks gurl.

I don't even know what pushed me to buy this spice. I never used it before.
As you can see, I added a little.

Thank you.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Mariangeles(f): 3:48pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:

Thanks gurl.

I don't even know what pushed me to buy this spice. I never used it before.
As you can see, I added a little.

Thank you.

I believe tumeric is a better/healthier choice.

You're welcome.

24 Likes

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 3:52pm On Jun 04, 2022
Mariangeles:

I believe tumeric is a better/healthier choice.

You're welcome.

Nah ... tumeric flavor will rid it of that local taste I craved for.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Mariangeles(f): 3:54pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:

Nah ... tumeric flavor will rid it of that local taste I craved for.

I get.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Chopchopfine: 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2022
It was the fastest way of Cooking. The flavor of the oil remains in your mouth.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Bahamas95(m): 4:05pm On Jun 04, 2022
Rice is my favourite food. I don't care if it's fried rice, jolof, banga, coconut, concoction etc.......Just make it delicious I will eat it.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 4:29pm On Jun 04, 2022
Chopchopfine:
It was the fastest way of Cooking. The flavor of the oil remains in your mouth.

Yes and easy too. It also helps everything stay fresh.

Bahamas95:
Rice is my favourite food. I don't care if it's fried rice, jolof, banga, coconut, concoction etc.......Just make it delicious I will eat it.

Oh really??
I'm not a rice person but any time I cook it, i try to make it memorable.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Bahamas95(m): 4:39pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:

Yes and easy too. It also helps everything stay fresh.

Oh really??
I'm not a rice person but any time I cook it, i try to make it memorable.

There's no day that passes without me eating rice, have been eating it from childhood. My day can't be complete without a plate of rice...... Even if I don't eat swallow for a week I won't miss it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 4:53pm On Jun 04, 2022
Bahamas95:
There's no day that passes without me eating rice, have been eating it from childhood. My day can't be complete without a plate of rice...... Even if I don't eat swallow for a week I won't miss it.

Wow.. your situation is the opposite of mine. I can do without rice for months but not eba.

If I don't eat eba for two days, I'll start jonsing. I mean serious shaking o. lol...

Good to know though.

6 Likes

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by bennybuhari: 6:02pm On Jun 04, 2022
Add Onga seasoning

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by naijainstinct: 6:03pm On Jun 04, 2022
Omo, this reminds me of my first year in the university. grin

Lovers of PYO, check my signature

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Skillsnigeria: 6:03pm On Jun 04, 2022
Hmmm grin
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by bigdammyj: 6:04pm On Jun 04, 2022
Reading...
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Sucre6: 6:04pm On Jun 04, 2022
You added titus fish and tomatoes and u call it concoction rice.
You sabi wetin be concoction rice so shocked

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by inoki247: 6:04pm On Jun 04, 2022
All this people and attention concussion wey b say na only grinded pepper maggi with ororo or palm oil b d ingredients if u av money u put egg nd boil it together with it...

Na him u pack different spicy nd Fish put shocked shocked

well na from KG me don dey cook fried rice...

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Redemption77: 6:05pm On Jun 04, 2022
Gfs
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by meritadavize1(m): 6:05pm On Jun 04, 2022
K

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Fraudsters Manufacture Fake Coca-Cola Products: Be Warned / See What Rice Traders Do To Bags Of Rice To Reduce Its Quantity (pics/video) / Party Food Packed With N500 Notes Added To Them (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.