Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

The Reason For Division Among The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Reason For Division Among The Church (1361 Views)

Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are / Daddy “G.O.” Freeze & The Division In Nigerian Church (part 1) / When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reason For Division Among The Church by FaithfulServant(m): 3:28pm On Oct 10, 2017
Why do you think there are diverse denominations of the Christian faith today? Or what do you think is the cause of church split?

Well, there are various reasons why a church split but I will focus on the principal cause of church splits—lack of understanding among the brethren (1 Corinthians 14:20; Ephesians 4:2-3). Lack of understanding may not always mean the inability to understand the scripture or inability to understand English, but the inability to understand the ways of God and how He deals with people and situations differently (Isaiah 55:8 ).

God, through His word, has made us to understand that His ways and thoughts are higher than our ways (Isaiah 55:9). No man can fully understand the whole ways of God but a child of God, just as a child of a father who knows his dad better, understand the ways of God to some extent because He continually reveal Himself to him (John 14:21, 23).

One of the ways God operate in the lives of believers is through the gift and offices He bestows on and place individuals in respectively (1 Corinthians 12:8-10, Ephesians 4:11; 1 Corinthians 12:28). Failure to understand the diversities of operation of these gifts and how they are used differently by God on individuals is one of the reasons for church split and division in the church today (1 Corinthians 12:5, 6).

Ephesians 4:11 “And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;”

From knowledge, an apostle is a delegate and ambassador of the Gospel with miraculous powers to spread the gospel and plant churches at various location; a prophet can be a forteller of events or inspired speaker who hears from God and delivers what is heard either spoken or written; an Evangelist is the preacher of Gospel with convicting power of the Holy Ghost that helps lead to the conversion of sinners at rapid pace.
Pastor and teachers share some similarities but not entirely the same. Pastor and teacher can teach (Matthew 28:20), but the teacher is given a better ability to teach and expound the scripture better(Mark 4:34). The pastor and teacher can lead but the pastors are majorly Shepherds and leader of the people of God, while the teacher can lead also, but only when given some administrative ability by God.

Division is one of the tool the devil use to create distraction and disunity among the body of Christ but God will always have a way to turn things around for His good (2 Corinthians 2:11).

Gifts are possessed by individuals and the scripture had made us understand that the gift has diversities of operation and administration (1 Corinthians 12:4-6) and it’s applied as directed by the giver— the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:4) and not by man or the individual himself .

Romans 12:4 “For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:”

We are all created, gifted and unique in our own different ways and God calls individuals for different task. Struggle for position and forceful placement in position is one of the problems in the church that cause strife and division (Galatians 5:26).

Where the individual is asked to serve in an area he is not accustomed with, strife may come and lead to division. We should not because of the attention on gift miss other areas that we can serve God. When called to serve, it is a call to serve and not a call to show might on what you can do. When you serve faithfully, God will give you the ability to do that which you never knew how to do (Exodus 4:10-12).

Though we are many , but we are one body in Christ ( 1 Corinthians 12:20). Unity and peaceful coexistence among the brethren should be the topmost priority above everything else (Ephesians 4:2, 3).

Written by Faithful Servant

Origin: Biblical Christian Quotes and Lessons by FaithfulServant

=>https://www.nairaland.com/3768611/biblical-christian-quotes-lessons-faithfulservant

Re: The Reason For Division Among The Church by ysyowel(m): 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2017
BEHOLD, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! it is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; As dew of Hermon, and as the decended upon mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore Psalm 133 KJV
Re: The Reason For Division Among The Church by ysyowel(m): 4:12pm On Oct 10, 2017
Neither pray i for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. John 17:20-23
Re: The Reason For Division Among The Church by ysyowel(m): 4:18pm On Oct 10, 2017
every spirit of disunity in the church! DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE -- -- -- BY FIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE in the name of Jesus
Re: The Reason For Division Among The Church by FaithfulServant(m): 6:34pm On Oct 10, 2017
ysyowel:
BEHOLD, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! it is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; As dew of Hermon, and as the decended upon mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore Psalm 133 KJV
it's truly a pleasurable thing to see unity among the brethren just as in the days of old (Acts 1:14; Acts 2:46-47).

(1) (Reply)

SA Based Nigerian Prophet Sam Akinbodunse 2018 Prophecies  fulfilled In 24-hours / Guns, God And Gospel Documentary. Should Christians Take Up Arms? / What Really Happens When A Person Dies? Case Study Of Lazarus & The Rich Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.