Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,549 members, 7,958,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:48 PM

Lady Wears T-shirt With "General Sani Abacha" Image - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lady Wears T-shirt With "General Sani Abacha" Image (53325 Views)

'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video / Photos From Outside Sani Abacha Stadium After Hitting Full Capacity For Atiku / Remembering General Sani Abacha: 19 Years After His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Wears T-shirt With "General Sani Abacha" Image by meccuno: 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2017
Naijacost22:
The Nigerian youths of today are sooo stupid they can,t use Google. Who on earth would google Abacha and still wear a shirt with his face?
It has to be an Idiot. No wonder we have a fulani Idiot in Aso rock.
Murtala Mohamed was the main actor in the Asaba massacre and he has an airport to his name and his portrait on the 20 Naira note. please free the girl abeg....
Re: Lady Wears T-shirt With "General Sani Abacha" Image by Kbanka: 7:51pm On Oct 11, 2017
I didnt see anything wrong on his Wikipedia page ohh
Re: Lady Wears T-shirt With "General Sani Abacha" Image by thinkative: 10:08pm On Oct 11, 2017
LorDBolton:

Well sorry ehn but my folks didn't queue up for that...

Ojota to Maryland was 10naira sweets et al were quality was unaware the peak was being imported cos it was affordable, bread was cheap etc

NOTE:I'm comparing his time to specifically Jonathan /buhari era

Isn't it under civilians kidnappings began ? Or you'll now claim back then there were kidnappings?

Till this day kids are still being snatched off the streets

He stole ---Yes ! He killed his enemies -Yes!
But no federal authority has delivered half of what he delivered . I'm sure ojota to Maryland would be 100naira now

Do you realize that it was under him that our refineries stopped working. It was under him that we started importing petroleum products.

I vividly remember the notorious case of foul smelling petrol that was imported back then. The smell was pungent and it destroyed the engines of people's cars.

There was also the case of rent seeking. the exchange rate was 22naira to a dollar but unofficially, the naira sold at over 80 naira to a dollar. of course, his aides and associate were able to buy at 22 naira and then sell at 80 naira for massive profits.

Long story short, he was like every other president or head of state we ever had. a few decent accomplishments but on the whole, he was terrible. the fact that he was also a thief and a murderer makes it a million times worse.

And unless you believe a thieving murderer can make a good president, I think we should drop this abacha issue
Re: Lady Wears T-shirt With "General Sani Abacha" Image by thinkative: 10:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
meccuno:
Murtala Mohamed was the main actor in the Asaba massacre and he has an airport to his name and his portrait on the 20 Naira note. please free the girl abeg....
in fact, muritala Mohammed once held the airport now named after him hostage for several hours during the counter coup before the civil war. he commandeered a group of soldiers that held everyone hostage and even murdered some soldiers that were on the other side of the divide. right inside the airport. how ironic

1 Like

Re: Lady Wears T-shirt With "General Sani Abacha" Image by thinkative: 10:14pm On Oct 11, 2017
Kbanka:
I didnt see anything wrong on his Wikipedia page ohh
lol
google saro wiwa or ogoni or kudirat abiola or rewane or loot or Indian prostitutes
you will find what you're looking for
Re: Lady Wears T-shirt With "General Sani Abacha" Image by thinkative: 10:21pm On Oct 11, 2017
CioAngels:
This is not the problem facing Nigerian government and her citizens. For me i like it
and it is her choice to wear it. Rather than face her innocent choice, lets face our governors, the thieves, who are the problems we have. Senators?

you knocked people for criticizing the romanticizing of a former thieving president

logically, you would have no issue with the next generation donning shirts with the faces of our current thieving governors and senators?

yet you want us to stand against those governors, thieves and senators.....

your post has failed the logic test
Re: Lady Wears T-shirt With "General Sani Abacha" Image by chuksmoney: 8:14pm On Oct 20, 2017
thinkative:

What about the FACT that he forced himself on Nigerians and was never elected by the people?

What about the FACT that he jailed a democratically elected president and murdered hundreds of his supporters? Even his wife

What about the FACT that he murdered Ken Saro Wiwa and his Ogoni kinsmen over a nonviolent campaign against the degradation of their land?

What about the FACT that he stole billions of dollars straight from the treasury and stashed them abroad?

Had he been successful. He would have been hailed as a Jerry Rawlings.
Re: Lady Wears T-shirt With "General Sani Abacha" Image by wandyvirus(m): 9:34am On Oct 27, 2017
chuksmoney:

He was the only president who held the dollar at a steady price for 5 years notwithstanding the faCT that we were under strict sanctions. The people he jailed are the same people running the Senate and making a mess of out economy.
That was Nigeria's best era economically in contemporary times. We just follow the media.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

THE Top 10 Countries With The Strongest Army In Africa!! / Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times / Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.