Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,295 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? (17363 Views)

How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria – All The Secrets You Need To Know / How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria And Grow To Giant Piggery / Profitability Of Pig Farming In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by Ayotunde81: 10:41pm On Oct 10, 2017
Hello my fellow nairalanders, I just need an advice, I have up to 750k that I want to invest in pig farming, I want to ask all pig farmers in the house to give me advice if it will be OK to start on a small scale. And also the expected turn over.

2 Likes

Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by bfmconcepts: 5:34pm On Oct 11, 2017
it depends on your location and the volume you want to do.
do you have land, pen and water ready?
get a local consultant to do proper costing for you
you must keep backup fund for feeding and medication

3 Likes

Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by able88(m): 7:24pm On Oct 15, 2017
bfmconcepts:
it depends on your location and the volume you want to do.
do you have land, pen and water ready?
get a local consultant to do proper costing for you
you must keep backup fund for feeding and medication
hello sir,
are you into it, I mean pig farming?
Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by opwa4us(m): 9:42am On Oct 16, 2017
hey bro. I'm of the opinion that u don't need more than that for a start if u have ur land ready...cost of building a 4 to 6rooms can't be more than 250k if u monitor ur project well... MAke source of water ready... buy pigs worth 150k obviously not weaners alone to me make ur return Early... 350k should be enough for longistics and feeding for 6months till u start sellin piglets. I'm a living example

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by Ayotunde81: 1:11pm On Oct 18, 2017
Thanks @opwa4us for ur response, i don't have a land for now, am just about starting and I wanted to be sure if the said amount will be OK to start, actually am thinking of renting a pen or get a land to lease before I can purchase one fully. what option is best OK to chooSe from. I hope to receive your response. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by Ayotunde81: 1:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
Thanks @bfmconcepts for ur response, I neither have any of the above u mentioned except the money I have , I just want to start from the beginning. At least I know with time things will come up better. I just need an advice how I can use the said amount to run things. Thanks
Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by opwa4us(m): 1:22pm On Oct 18, 2017
Ayotunde81:
Thanks @opwa4us for ur response, i don't have a land for now, am just about starting and I wanted to be sure if the said amount will be OK to start, actually am thinking of renting a pen or get a land to lease before I can purchase one fully. what option is best OK to chooSe from. I hope to receive your response. Thanks

I think if u don't have ur own land. renting a pen wo uld be better than leasing a land.... but if u want to lease land be sure u agree on longtime usage to make use of ur structure built on it well to be on a gaining side.

2 Likes

Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by Ayotunde81: 2:16am On Oct 19, 2017
I'm thinking of getting a pen to rent in ibaDan, in case you know anyone that has one to rent out. And I will gladly appreciate ur advice as well about how I can start this business as soon as possible.
Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by opwa4us(m): 9:46am On Oct 19, 2017
Ayotunde81:
I'm thinking of getting a pen to rent in ibaDan, in case you know anyone that has one to rent out. And I will gladly appreciate ur advice as well about how I can start this business as soon as possible.

text or WhatsApp me on 08068770308
Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by thebestprice(m): 10:04am On Oct 19, 2017
pig farmers in the house who need spent gray from brewery can reach me..

2 Likes

Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by sundayadanlawo: 12:46pm On Oct 21, 2017
thebestprice:
pig farmers in the house who need spent gray from brewery can reach me.. heaven6923consultants@gmail.com

Good afternoon,

@thebestprice, I have already sent a mail to you. I need the Spent grain regulary. You can chat with me on this whatsapp number 08055257595.

Thank you
Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by mrkunmi: 9:56pm On Nov 25, 2017
Due to that amount of money you have..it is advisable you rent about 3 rooms in a pig farm. You can fatten 50weaners for 6months..whatsapp 08130948779 for more enquiries

1 Like

Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by BECALMBECALM(m): 12:04am On Nov 26, 2017
Good idea from the last poster.But like how much will he budget for each weaner for 6 months? What is the profit expectation?

2 Likes

Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by freshpzy1(m): 1:14am On Nov 26, 2017
BECALMBECALM:
Good idea from the last poster.But like how much will he budget for each weaner for 6 months? What is the profit expectation?

nice question......pls some1 should provide answers, am really interested too

please tell us how much do we really need to start a pig farm and the expected profit

thanks
Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by mrkunmi: 9:36am On Nov 26, 2017
BECALMBECALM:

Good question..if you calculate money spent on one weaner monthly can be roughly 3k per month..and if you calculate it will look more expensive.but the logic is the effort used to cater for 30 weaners is the same with 50 weaners BT there is more profit from the 50weaners. I'll give a rough analysis... A weaner eats 3kg of feed to gain 1kg of weight.....assuming you spend 3k for rent,30k on feeds every month,15k for labour and 2k for medications..average cost for a month is 50k...note that someone who eats rice and beans and someone that eats garri and groundnut are eating cabohydrates and protein but the price varies.....same applies to pigs too.they just need a well balanced meal.and dont let anybody give expensive feeds with nice names cos you know the main aim is to maximise profit.feeds can be money consuming sometimes...

I did a rough estimation
That if you buy 50 weaner and fatten them for 6months and each pigs are able to be sold at N30,000..
If you subtract the the money used to buy the weaners,rent,labour and assume 10pigs died(which is not possible) then your profit at the end of 6months wouldnt be less than N690,000.

Note: this is a rough estimate and the profit is definitely more than that....
C

Whatsapp or call 08130948779. For more enquiries

4 Likes

Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by juliebrown: 6:06pm On Nov 26, 2017
[quote author=mrkunmi post=62715049]Due to that amount of money you have..it is advisable you rent about 3 rooms in a pig farm. You can fatten 50weaners for 6months..whatsapp 08130948779 for more enquiries[/quote @mrkunmi sorry to ask am new, by "fatten" u mean just rearing to market size for sale not for the to give birth?
Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by castins(m): 10:26pm On Nov 26, 2017
Please house, were can I buy good breed weaners in port Harcourt, I need like 20, 5male n 15 female.
Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by mrkunmi: 10:34pm On Nov 27, 2017
Fattening means rearing them to market size...
Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by juliebrown: 6:54am On Nov 28, 2017
mrkunmi:
Fattening means rearing them to market size...
tnx God bless

1 Like

Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by chudu(m): 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2017
thebestprice:
pig farmers in the house who need spent gray from brewery can reach me.. heaven6923consultants@gmail.com
can we talk 08064413846 or 09037794616.I have coal buyers. Do you have trucks to convey the coal?
Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by julibaba: 10:49pm On Dec 22, 2017
Your location determines a lot cos cost of logistics can eat a junk of your capital.

My simple advice

1. If you are mobile good for you but if not kindly get a used Okada with good engine. You thank me later.

2. If your location is in a developing area In Ibadan very good for you, just locate a stream in that environment and enquire land and build a temporary pen there with either bamboo, tree from the land or near by at little or no cost, buy used roofing sheet, sand from the stream but ensure the floor is super solid and get yourself a nipple drinker. All these will cost you less than 60k but you most be physically involved in terms of labour.
Or better still if you can get a pen to rent in short distance good also.

3. Will advise you get BTW 2 to 4 ingilt for reproduction once the time of mating come go rent a boar or buy Siemens,
In addition get about 10 weaner and growers of two different sizes, you will be able to sell at different interval and it will give cash flow

4. The tricks in piggery is how versatile you can be in animal nutrition that is getting Alternative feed without compromising the nutrient requirement of the animals at a cheaper cost.
This comes buy asking questions from bought practical, experienced and internet farmers.

Finally, 750k can make a lot if only PRUDENT and doing stuff by yourself. I wish you a successful business and always factor baba God to your equation
Less I forget the early stage of all animals is the most crucial part feed them highest intake of required nutrient and spend less in there maturity stage.
Onelove

5 Likes

Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by julibaba: 11:02pm On Dec 22, 2017
Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by ultrazone(m): 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2018
Startup pig far
Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by Visob: 7:55pm On Sep 23, 2018
plot of dry land built to pen size for rent

call 07088883003
Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by Aladex1(m): 1:41pm On Oct 30, 2018
Drop your number pls.
julibaba:
Your location determines a lot cos cost of logistics can eat a junk of your capital.

My simple advice

1. If you are mobile good for you but if not kindly get a used Okada with good engine. You thank me later.

2. If your location is in a developing area In Ibadan very good for you, just locate a stream in that environment and enquire land and build a temporary pen there with either bamboo, tree from the land or near by at little or no cost, buy used roofing sheet, sand from the stream but ensure the floor is super solid and get yourself a nipple drinker. All these will cost you less than 60k but you most be physically involved in terms of labour.
Or better still if you can get a pen to rent in short distance good also.

3. Will advise you get BTW 2 to 4 ingilt for reproduction once the time of mating come go rent a boar or buy Siemens,
In addition get about 10 weaner and growers of two different sizes, you will be able to sell at different interval and it will give cash flow

4. The tricks in piggery is how versatile you can be in animal nutrition that is getting Alternative feed without compromising the nutrient requirement of the animals at a cheaper cost.
This comes buy asking questions from bought practical, experienced and internet farmers.

Finally, 750k can make a lot if only PRUDENT and doing stuff by yourself. I wish you a successful business and always factor baba God to your equation
Less I forget the early stage of all animals is the most crucial part feed them highest intake of required nutrient and spend less in there maturity stage.
Onelove
Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:08pm On Oct 31, 2018
PIG KWA? PIG WEN JESUS CHRIST CAST EVIL SPIRIT INTO NA HIM YOU WAN WASTE A WHOLE N750K ON?
Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by okoroemeka(m): 7:24pm On Nov 01, 2018
DEBJOCH1:
PIG KWA? PIG WEN JESUS CHRIST CAST EVIL SPIRIT INTO NA HIM YOU WAN WASTE A WHOLE N750K ON?
were there's money even Satan himself cannot stop a hustler,with 750k if u have a ready pig pens u can go to oke aro and get 100 weaners for around 350-400k,budget 400k for feed,drugs etc,in 6 months if know what u doing the least pig u sell there will be 25-30k.if u know what u are doing,if !!

3 Likes

Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by BECALMBECALM(m): 7:18am On Feb 02, 2019
I have done my research very well.I do not think 400k can feed 100 weaners for 6 months and still get them to market size.I dont think is possible.
Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by mrkunmi: 11:17pm On Sep 26, 2019
[quote author=juliebrown post=62736946][/quote]yes
Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by Angelandmalay(m): 10:26pm On Jan 25, 2020
okoroemeka:
were there's money even Satan himself cannot stop a hustler,with 750k if u have a ready pig pens u can go to oke aro and get 100 weaners for around 350-400k,budget 400k for feed,drugs etc,in 6 months if know what u doing the least pig u sell there will be 25-30k.if u know what u are doing,if !!
How much is a weaner now
Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by Endico(m): 12:11am On Feb 17, 2020
Can somebody start piggery near canan area?

1 Like

Re: Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? by dorispray: 9:00am On Feb 17, 2020
Endico:
Can somebody start piggery near canan area?

You should be able to do that. In fact, that canal should be an advantage to you for water disposal from your piggery farm.

But since pigs are very good in trying to escape from their pen and damaging it, You must ensure that your Pigs are well guarded inside their pens so that they don't escape and get drowned in the canal in order for you not to be on a loosing side with your investment.

I hope this piece of advice helps.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Agro Seeds Classifications: The Best Class To Plant / Should I Quit My Job And Start Farming Tomatoes? Advice Please / Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.