Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,746 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:56 AM

Car Body Vibrates After Replacing Engine Seats Rubbers With Bushings - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Body Vibrates After Replacing Engine Seats Rubbers With Bushings (1307 Views)

What You Need To Do After Replacing The Engine Of Your Car/Vehicle / What Are The Effects Of Control Arm Bushings On Your Car / Purpose Of The Stabilizer Bar, Links, & Bushings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Body Vibrates After Replacing Engine Seats Rubbers With Bushings by SortOut: 10:44pm On Oct 10, 2017
On noticing excessive jerks while switching from P to D and R, I called my mechanic and he checked one of the engine seats. He concluded that the engine seats be changed. He gave two options, buy new ones (expensive), or fix bushings to replace the bouncing rubbers.

I chose the bushings due to reduced cost compared to the new replacement part. Immediately after fixing, I started the car, the body vibrates excessively from inside, but the initial jerk while using the auto gear level is no longer noticeable.

The excessive body vibration is tiring, and doesn't give a smooth ride...so unappealing

Please help

Cc Gazzuzz

Re: Car Body Vibrates After Replacing Engine Seats Rubbers With Bushings by pipolad(m): 11:23pm On Oct 10, 2017
Please get the required engine mounts.dont improvise!!! I changed the side and rear mounts of my accord 05 over the weekend and the result was magnificient!!! It will cost more but its worth it

1 Like

Re: Car Body Vibrates After Replacing Engine Seats Rubbers With Bushings by SortOut: 11:25pm On Oct 10, 2017
pipolad:
Please get the required engine mounts.dont improvise!!! I changed the side and rear mounts of my accord 05 over the weekend and the result was magnificient!!! It will cost more but its worth it

ok. thanks
Re: Car Body Vibrates After Replacing Engine Seats Rubbers With Bushings by mayor2013: 11:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
SortOut:
On noticing excessive jerks while switching from P to D and R, I called my mechanic and he checked one of the engine seats. He concluded that the engine seats be changed. He gave two options, buy new ones (expensive), or fix bushings to replace the bouncing rubbers.

I chose the bushings due to reduced cost compared to the new replacement part. Immediately after fixing, I started the car, the body vibrates excessively from inside, but the initial jerk while using the auto gear level is no longer noticeable.

The excessive body vibration is tiring, and doesn't give a smooth ride...so unappealing

Please help

Cc Gazzuzz

What car is this?
Re: Car Body Vibrates After Replacing Engine Seats Rubbers With Bushings by SortOut: 10:08am On Oct 11, 2017
mayor2013:

What car is this?
Mitsubishi Space Wagon GDI 2000
Re: Car Body Vibrates After Replacing Engine Seats Rubbers With Bushings by mayor2013: 10:09am On Oct 11, 2017
SortOut:

Mitsubishi Space Wagon GDI 2000

Go get brand new mounts
Re: Car Body Vibrates After Replacing Engine Seats Rubbers With Bushings by SortOut: 4:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
okay

(1) (Reply)

Car Clearing / Accident Along Gwagwalada-Zuba Highway, Abuja / How To Renew Your Driving License With Least Time And Money???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.