Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad (16946 Views)

Aishah Ahmad, CBN Deputy Governor In Charge Of Financial System Stability / CBN Governor: Aishah Ahmad, 8 Others Struggle For Emefiele's Job - Daily Sun / Aishah Ahmad: Profile Of The CBN Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by vicfy(m): 8:21am On Oct 11, 2017
Certain arms of government are better left out of politics. This is exactly what happens when the "less informed" are at the helm of affairs..
Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by enm(m): 8:27am On Oct 11, 2017
obailala:
"At least he hasnt broken the record of the last thief who stole $90billion."

**the 2 statements above hover in similiar level of silliness**

Abeg no vex ooh. Who be the thief to steal that kind money.
Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by malton: 8:37am On Oct 11, 2017
[sup][/sup]
Megaideas:
I REALLY PITY THIS CONTRAPTION CALLED NIGERIA. Why should tribal alliance and sentiment always be a priority? Even if Oga Buh-Buh wants to do it as usual, he should have at least allowed her some time to stay in that position at least to avoid all these criticisms. Or is it an emergency?

The whole people cannot be fooled at the same time. "Our mumu don do." We now know better. But be rest assured that everyday is for the thief but one day is for the owner of the house.

The lady in question is NUPE, while Buhari is FULANI. How then did you relate that?
Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by Bamibor: 8:46am On Oct 11, 2017
shankara7:
Please how does how resume indicates she is qualified for the job?

Good question
Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by Bamibor: 8:47am On Oct 11, 2017
hucienda:
Though her resume indicates that she can fill the role, the shaddy manner of promotion on same day as her elevation to the Deputy Governor role all points to the obvious of the Buhari regime thus far - all to entrench the tribal order.

Ironically, Buhari's tribalism thus far is kind of 'good' - he doesn't hide it and it is blatant, in your face.

Anyway, over to his zombies to defend the indefensible as usual.

Sir, possessing double masters degree (one from a reputable school in the UK) does not automatically pass as a qualification for the position of deputy CBN governor (in charge of monetary policies). That's obviously a position better suited to a seasoned, well-grounded and proven economist with years of experience in handling monetary policies.

The spate of apparent lopsidedness and nepotism that has followed government appointment in recent times leaves Nigeria facing more perilous times if nothing is said and more importantly, done to correct it.

Look around our government, square pegs in round holes everywhere, from top to bottom.

We must be awake to the bleak future that looms (for us and our children) if we don't quit allowing partisan politics and tribal prejudice to blind us to what is right.

Good morning Nigeria.
Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by ntyce(m): 8:48am On Oct 11, 2017
The onus is on Diamond Bank to provide answers for the double promotion.
Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by Guyman02: 8:48am On Oct 11, 2017
Kobicove:
The possible reason why Diamond Bank promoted her to Executive Director is because they don't want to loose her...

Now she will be forced to make a choice between accepting the offer at the Central Bank of Nigeria or remaining in Diamond Bank

This is going to be a very tough decision for the following reasons:-

- If she goes to the CBN she may never become the governor cause traditionally the governor is usually appointed from outside the system and not from the existing deputy governors

- If she remains with Diamond Bank she may likely not 'smell' the position of Managing Director when it becomes available cos the ods will favor a person from the eastern part of Nigeria

Catch 22 decision

Nonsensical analysis, she was recently promoted to a DGM, she has never managed any branch of Diamond Bank and got promoted to Executive Director and next day CBN Deputy Governor and you say that all is well with your brain and that Diamond bank dont want to loose her and she cant be MD because she is not Igbo? You know too little about politics

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by Bamibor: 8:50am On Oct 11, 2017
hucienda:

I did not mention 'qualified' - but - can 'fill' the role.

You can't deny the fact that at least she has the requisite academic qualifications and has some experience in the industry in question.

Why in the world would you have someone who is not the best qualified candidate for such a sensitive position "fill the role"

Do you have any idea how much influence the CBN has on the direction of the nation's economy per time?
Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by meccuno: 9:04am On Oct 11, 2017
obailala:

u must be a mo.ron to think that one individual can steal that large amount of money......do you think its 90 billion naira??
Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by Kobicove(m): 9:09am On Oct 11, 2017
Guyman02:

Nonsensical analysis, she was recently promoted to a DGM, she has never managed any branch of Diamond Bank and got promoted to Executive Director and next day CBN Deputy Governor and you say that all is well with your brain and that Diamond bank dont want to loose her and she cant be MD because she is not Igbo? You know too little about politics

You obviously think through your anus

You know a lot about politics...please mention one branch that Uzoma Dozie the present Managing Director managed before he assumed that position.

And for your info most banks in Nigeria have ethnic leanings with regards to the top position in the bank..it's not written down anywhere but that does not mean it does not exist.

Can an easterner or south westerner be appointed MD of Unity Bank Plc?

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by senatordave1(m): 9:22am On Oct 11, 2017
From academic and theoretical perspective she is over qualified.she doesnt have to be aged or be an executive director to be qualified,its not a legal requirement.all they need is a seasoned economist/banker and she is one.i dont know why the hullabaloo as usual.the old men and over experienced ones in cbn currently,what is their impact.we have been yearning for youthful leadership and we now have one.lets give her a trial.
Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by senatordave1(m): 9:24am On Oct 11, 2017
ntyce:
The onus is on Diamond Bank to provide answers for the double promotion.

This lady is far more qualified than sanusi lamido was when he was appointed cbn governor.sanusi was just a credit officer with first bank while she is a senior staff with diamond bank.
Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by obailala(m): 9:26am On Oct 11, 2017
meccuno:
u must be a mo.ron to think that one individual can steal that large amount of money......do you think its 90 billion naira??
You're definitely not even a tenth as smart as you think you are, else you would have noted the bare faced/full frontal sarcasm in my post. Whilst my statement was in quotation, I stated it was a silly conclusion, but even with all that, you still just couldnt comprehend it, and you actually think I am the morron between us both?
Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by obailala(m): 9:28am On Oct 11, 2017
enm:

Abeg no vex ooh. Who be the thief to steal that kind money.
I thought you should be asking this question to the person I quoted?
Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by jsb(m): 9:39am On Oct 11, 2017
The same way IG of Police is busy promoting his gfs so is some one in Aso Rock promoting his own gf..Nigeria is in a big mess..
Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by H2Ossss(m): 9:44am On Oct 11, 2017
Its not my bizness
Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 11, 2017
Wongiwaynes:
We are watching her policy inputs (with a plate of garri and groundnut in hand)
No matter who buhari chooses people must talk,,looking at this lady alone shows she is fit for the job,,,,she is detriblized,,not a religion bigot,,,,looking at her alone will make someone open an account with diamond bank,, she is patriotic,,, she nos the game very well,,,,I adore her and I will keep praying for her to succed
Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by enm(m): 10:14am On Oct 11, 2017
obailala:
I thought you should be asking this question to the person I quoted?
Guy na play you dey play sef. Have a blessed day.
Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by Awoo88: 10:19am On Oct 11, 2017
emeijeh:
The Northern propaganda.

Her brothers are cheering her on.

Which brothers?? The ones who want to fry her in hot red oil for not putting on hijab?? Those no dey reason well at all

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 11, 2017
fk001:
Critics..

Nor matter how they criticize her it won't bring her down, because we trust BABA he always make the right choice, and his decision is the best.

I tire oooo since when did internal workings of management of a bank become public interest if diamond even mad her MD over night what is their business? Haba!
Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 11, 2017
FreeTraining:

No matter who buhari chooses people must talk,,looking at this lady alone shows she is fit for the job,,,,she is detriblized,,not a religion bigot,,,,looking at her alone will make someone open an account with diamond bank,, she is patriotic,,, she nos the game very well,,,,I adore her and I will keep praying for her to succed

I c,so looking at her alone will make dollar rate fall also abi? My guy u for just stick to the point that she knows the job well as for religious bigot I don't know her religion but by impression I can see she is a good practicing Christian
Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 11, 2017
nurshah:

I c,so looking at her alone will make dollar rate fall also abi? My guy u for just stick to the point that she knows the job well as for religious bigot I don't know her religion but by impression I can see she is a good practicing Christian
,,,,u spoke well bros
Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by lexy2014: 1:34pm On Oct 11, 2017
hucienda:
Though her resume indicates that she can fill the role, the shaddy manner of promotion on same day as her elevation to the Deputy Governor role all points to the obvious of the Buhari regime thus far - all to entrench the tribal order.

Ironically, Buhari's tribalism thus far is kind of 'good' - he doesn't hide it and it is blatant, in your face.

Anyway, over to his zombies to defend the indefensible as usual.
from d story, she is very unqualified 4d CBN job. She is an accountant by training & has excelled&had a career in consumer banking (marketing). D job at CBN is about formulating&implementing economic&monetary policies
Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by CzarChris(m): 4:58pm On Oct 11, 2017
obailala:

$90,000,000,000 as in how do you guys even manufacture these figures I simply don't understand you people. 90billion, how? Can't you guys just use your God given brains for once? HABA!!!
Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by ntyce(m): 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2017
senatordave1:

This lady is far more qualified than sanusi lamido was when he was appointed cbn governor.sanusi was just a credit officer with first bank while she is a senior staff with diamond bank.

Sanusi was credit officer @ Uba, became ED and then MD of first bank before being CBN Governor
Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by Joylove05(f): 11:38pm On Oct 18, 2017
cool
Re: Diamond Bank Evasive On Promotion Of New CBN Deputy Governor Aishah Ahmad by system7g: 7:23pm On Feb 21, 2018
WE ARE A MAJOR IMPORTER AND DISTRIBUTER OF CERTIFIED UK USED LAPTOPS AND DESKTOPS IN NIGERIA. WE HAVE ALL BRANDS OF LAPTOPS AND ALL-IN-ONE DESKTOP (HP, DELL, TOSHIBA, RM EDUCATION, ACER, APPLE, PACKARD BELL LENOVO, THINKPAD, IBM, ETC).

PRESENTLY WE HAVE OVER 650 LAPTOPS FOR ALL CLASS OF PEOPLE. BULK PURCHASE IS NEGOTIABLE FOR CBT CENTRES, TRAINING FUNCTIONS ETC.

THE PRICES ARE VERY AFFORDABLE RANGING FROM N30,000
PLEASE SEE THE FLYER BELOW FOR CONTACT DETAILS.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga / Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes / Nigeria Ranked 110th Best Country For Business 2019-FORBES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.