Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams (11410 Views)

The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You / Nut Writes El-rufai Over Sack Of 21,780 Teachers / 50% Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary 4 Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by akelicious(m): 5:33am On Oct 11, 2017
About 21,780 out of 33,000 teachers have failed the primary four examination administered to test their competence by the Kaduna State government.

Owing to the mass failure, the state is now shopping for 25,000 new teachers as one of the plans to restore quality to education.

Governor Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna State unveiled the planned recruitment when he received a World Bank delegation in Kaduna on Monday, reported the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

“We tested our 33,000 primary school teachers, we gave them primary four examinations and required they must get at least 75 per cent but I am sad to announce that 66 per cent of them failed to get the requirements.

“The hiring of teachers in the past was politicised and we intend to change that by bringing in young and qualified primary school teachers to restore the dignity of education in the state,” the governor said.

He stressed that teachers would be redeployed across the state to balance the teacher-pupil ratio.
“We have a challenge with the teacher-pupil ratio in the urban schools; there is a concentration of teachers that are not needed.

“In some local government areas, it’s a teacher-pupil ratio of 1-9 while in some places it’s 1-100,” he said.
The governor said in a bid to improve the education sector, the school directors decided to enrol their children in public schools starting from this academic session.

The World Bank representative, Dr. Kunle Adekola, expressed appreciation to the state for investing in education and for the priority given to the girl child.

“This state has demonstrated and supported us to achieve our goals,” he said.
Adekola said the World Bank would invest N30 million in Rigasa Primary School, which has a population of about 22,000 pupils, as part of its support for the state.

The Education Intervention Fund by the World Bank and other collaborative development partners is providing support to about 13 Northern states and a state each from the other four geopolitical zones in the country.

http://www.akelicious.com/2017/10/shock-as-21780-kaduna-teachers-fail.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by princeSammyz: 5:42am On Oct 11, 2017
It is a national problem really; but in the north, its a state of emergency! We have teachers that cannot communicate in English at all. If you have been there, you'll know what I'm talking about.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by LionInBoxOffice(m): 5:47am On Oct 11, 2017
unbelievable.

2 Likes

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by clevvermind(m): 5:52am On Oct 11, 2017
OUR EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM IS REALLY IN THE STATE OF COMA. JUST IMAGINE THE SHAME.

3 Likes

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by KardinalZik(m): 5:56am On Oct 11, 2017
Expected.
That's why Kaduna is littered with private schools; coz the public schools are dominated by OLODO teachers and students.

19 Likes

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by Andrew3(m): 5:56am On Oct 11, 2017
lwkmd

1 Like

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by madridguy(m): 6:03am On Oct 11, 2017
This is serious.

1 Like

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by Jostico: 6:07am On Oct 11, 2017
Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies
Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by Walehelt(m): 6:11am On Oct 11, 2017
Aboki teachers grin grin grin

28 Likes

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by LuckyLadolce(m): 6:22am On Oct 11, 2017
smiley
Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by DanielsParker(m): 7:27am On Oct 11, 2017
okay. how can they pass primary 4 exam when Kaduna state employs almajiris as teachers?

17 Likes

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by deepwater(f): 7:27am On Oct 11, 2017
Not surprised, main reason they can't stop NYSC
The exodus of cheap labor from south to north

34 Likes

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by davillian(m): 7:28am On Oct 11, 2017
Funny grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by timilehin007(m): 7:28am On Oct 11, 2017
This can't be true.

1 Like

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by lelvin(m): 7:28am On Oct 11, 2017
Hehe... They should be dealt with too.

The same way my maths teacher those days Mr. Okoro used to dress our body with cane. That's his talent. And to make it worse, after flogging you, you must smile and hug him.

Mr. Okoro, anywhere you are now ........crocodile smile for you

Mr. Okoro aka "No look Uche face"

5 Likes

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by Daeylar(f): 7:29am On Oct 11, 2017
grin grin

The hiring of teachers in the past was politicised and we intend to change that by bringing in young and qualified primary school teachers to restore the dignity of education in the state,” the governor said.

At least they are trying to change their mistakes

6 Likes

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 11, 2017
grin

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by Oyindidi(f): 7:29am On Oct 11, 2017
grin grin now I know why the kids get tired of going to school

1 Like

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by Sixaxis: 7:29am On Oct 11, 2017
Nd is dat a way to test dem ability to impact knowledge on pupils??

Our educational sector is so backward..

1 Like

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by ehinmowo: 7:29am On Oct 11, 2017
What have they been teaching those poor kids? God have mercy

Register on cawid.com

1 Like

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by jtjohn(m): 7:30am On Oct 11, 2017
This is the evidence of corruption.......always wanting to employ those with connection whether they are qualify or not.

1 Like

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by eagleeye2: 7:30am On Oct 11, 2017
I won't doubt it if in future the teachers that failed this examination are elected into public offices or given one government appointment or the other.
Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by oladayo63(m): 7:31am On Oct 11, 2017
Jostico:
Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies

timilehin007:
This can't be true.

Oloripelebe:
El rufai can lie grin

El Rufai is saying the truth.

I was one of the corpers who invigilated that exam late last year. I was amazed at the low intelligence level of those teachers. Their exam was too cheap for a primary 4 pupil self.

Some couldn't complete their data form on the answer sheet.
Some found it difficult to write their names
Most times we had to reprimand and/or reshuffle some teachers (old enough to be our mothers and fathers) because they were cheating or lack decorum
Almost all of them wanted our help as they got stuck getting answers to extremely cheap questions.
One of the teachers challenged me for not dishing her expos when she asked. I didn't know we reside in the same area until we met weeks after the exam. Her challenge was on the lighter mode sha grin
My colleagues and I even spoke bad of their state government for giving "the builders of our future generation" such unbelievable and eye-sore competence test. Moji, Wande, and Bashirat shouldn't be surprised when they hear this news.

I didn't foresee a time like this. I would have kept one of their question papers for you guys to see.

18 Likes

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by Oloripelebe: 7:31am On Oct 11, 2017
El rufai can lie grin
Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by internationalman(m): 7:31am On Oct 11, 2017
The Same regions that produce d highest number of presidents..
no hope for this country

5 Likes

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by Carter4luv(m): 7:32am On Oct 11, 2017
Dis is not d first time even some of our lecturers don't know anything. How can a lecture set exam question for students after some hours he wrote his own on computer base and still fail same questions.
Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by code11(m): 7:33am On Oct 11, 2017
Did I just see 22,000 students? How can a primary school have 22,000 students.

I wonder how their assembly ground will be and how many students per class.

I think they need to split the school into 22 different schools. Say school A, B, C....

You need smaller numbers to teach effectively.

1 Like

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by Exjoker(m): 7:33am On Oct 11, 2017
That is like 70% of teachers who took the exam that's to say 70% of students who graduated under this teachers will fail any examination. I weep for this country.

4 Likes

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by latexxbro(m): 7:34am On Oct 11, 2017
one of their brothers is still leading some people in a group called Nigeria

cry
Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by casa101(m): 7:35am On Oct 11, 2017
madridguy:
This is serious.
Are you really surprised or what?.. It seems u hv nva been to the north.. Its true some of them are educated but most are not and are half-baked which technically tells you alot about their teachers...

Abeg Mk they find all those Corper graduates sent for nysc in their states to employ. They are more competence. The salaries will even help them on top the allowance

1 Like

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by Zeromoney(m): 7:35am On Oct 11, 2017
When are we testing our politicians for humanity?

1 Like

Re: Shock As 21,780 Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary Four Exams by DONFASZY(m): 7:37am On Oct 11, 2017
95% of dem don't ve NCE certificate,Govt sch wit manipulated corruption/ghost workers
Dis is why wen dis student com down to plc like phc,los,abj
Dey will start all ova again and mind u?most of dere private sch stil ve best teachers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pharmaceutical Biochemistry And Pharmacy, Which Is Better. / What NLC Should Do After Criminal Violence Against MTN / Salary - How Much Is Enough To Sustain An Average Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.