Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Letter To Upcoming Entertainers From Anothernigerian - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Letter To Upcoming Entertainers From Anothernigerian (244 Views)

Singer Simi To Upcoming Artistes: "If You Want It Badly, Always Sell Yourself" / 5 Nigerian Artist That Went Form Superstars To Upcoming Artist!!! / Daddy Freeze Calls Out Nigerian Entertainers Who Buy Fake Watches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Letter To Upcoming Entertainers From Anothernigerian by MrThisandthat(m): 6:55am On Oct 11, 2017
First I would start with defining the word entertainment as the various ways of amusing people, especially by performing for them.

Everyone likes entertainment, right?
I know down in your heart the answer is ‘Yeeaaahhhh’. But this letter of mine is here to explore your mind on the tips you’ve got to know as an entertainer.You see in this industry there are so many things one must know and firstly, it is the fact that you are entertaining the people and not yourself, hope you got that?

Alright, the issue here is in this industry today, so many entertainers do their things their own way. Yes that’s all good, but the question is do the people like what you are doing?

You complain day in day out that when ever you get on stage the people tend not to feel your vibes….well what I’ve got to ask is how many times have you tried it out and have you picked out your flaws?

Yeah, Rome was not built in a day so my dear reader, there is no harm in trial, keep trying one day you would get to the top just like your mentor.

Secondly, what I would love you to know is that entertainment is not an office job that when ever your out there in the office your so serious that you would not want to make mistakes with the way you take down your saliva…funny right?

Well as an entertainer, you need the seriousness but that’s not with your whole life, mistakes are bound to come and from this we learn never to let them happen again…you cracked a joke but the people did not laugh though it was a ribs cracking one..Well maybe it’s the way you started it or ended it, so you should go work on your introduction or rather your conclusion..

Remember, it’s not a formal job so you should try flowing with smiles on your face and the audience would start loving you.

The next is..Uuhhmmm..Looks like I’m talking too much, but well, I just have to. You got to know you are an entertainer because you love it and not because you want to make money or something else.

The mistake most people make is when they see the industry as a money making machine and then you just jump in, operate the machine and take your own share of the money.

No, its not like that, you have to love it, pick up interest, go into it and then do your best believe me you would come up a top star some day.

Finally for you to become a top entertainer in this life, you have to be ready to face challenges. This is where most people start developing doubts about the industry.

Finance is a big problem out there, yes the industry is money consuming especially the music category, and you’ve got to be ready to spend to get what you want.

Mockery is another big one; you would be mocked by your enemies, even friends at times especially in the music and comedy category.

Scam, this comes in mostly when you are into modeling, you pick a form for a beauty pageant and after the run around for costume and every other necessary thing, u luckily emerge the winner, to get your prize become a whole quest all together. Even during auditions for music, comedy, dance and so on, there different forms of corruption when it comes to the judges.

When you make it eventually, don’t forget that people must talk, some would say you used spiritual back ups, some would call you a betrayer, some would call you a cheat, some might even walk up to you to either to exchange blows or something else. So if you must make it in the industry, you’ve got to watch out for all these.

Wow ….so finally I’m done with my ‘long long’ grammar. Well, hope you had a nice time reading it so all you need to do is go out there, love it, pick interest, go into it and then do your best.
The industry is a very big one…………..let me hear you say ‘Yeeaaahhhh’

In a nut shell all I have been saying is YOU ARE NOT FINISHED, THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX.

Yours Truly
AnotherNigerian.

Source: http://www.anothernigerian.com/2017/10/letter-to-upcoming-entertainers-from.html#more

(1) (Reply)

Police Investigation Wouldn’t Be Based On Davido’s CCTV Footage – Tagbo’s Friend / Video: Watch As Seyilaw Thrills His Fans, Is Absolutely Hilarious / Hot Apartments And Hostels For Rent From Aiskworld Limited..few Spaces Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.