Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Does God Lie? Would You Worship a Liar? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Lie? Would You Worship a Liar? (1129 Views)

Did God Lie In Exodus 3 18 / Where Will You Worship God Today? / Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Lie? Would You Worship a Liar? by huxley(m): 11:06am On Mar 10, 2010
1 Kings 22: 23;

22And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.
23[b]Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil concerning thee.[/b]
24But Zedekiah the son of Chenaanah went near, and smote Micaiah on the cheek, and said, Which way went the Spirit of the LORD from me to speak unto thee?

2 Thessolonians 2: 11;

10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11[b]And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie[/b]:
12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Ezekiel 14: 9

8And I will set my face against that man, and will make him a sign and a proverb, and I will cut him off from the midst of my people; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
9[b]And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.[/b]
10And they shall bear the punishment of their iniquity: the punishment of the prophet shall be even as the punishment of him that seeketh unto him;

[size=18pt]
Would you worship a LIAR?
[/size]
Re: Does God Lie? Would You Worship a Liar? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:20am On Mar 10, 2010
[size=13pt]Yeah----no doubt i have always known God as a big time liar and the worstest crooks of imaginary that really affect the reality. I have never believe any word of God because they are all well--planned lies. wink[/size]
Re: Does God Lie? Would You Worship a Liar? by nuclearboy(m): 11:46am On Mar 10, 2010
@OP:

One would assume you have a right over your possessions and decide if to kill a fowl for christmas or wait till your birthday. I think your problem rises from seeing yourself in your own context as a self-existing entity alone and not considering that like any chicken in your backyard, some "thing" that owns you, has a right to decide for you.

But then, maybe you believe yourself a liar for feeding your livestock only to kill them (determine their fate) when they mature.

@Ogaga:

You know there is God. Your own issue is hate and rebellion. Sorry but ain't nothing you can do about Him. Your flatulence will only give you IBS
Re: Does God Lie? Would You Worship a Liar? by OBLONG(m): 11:54am On Mar 10, 2010
ogaga--- how r u wink wink
Re: Does God Lie? Would You Worship a Liar? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:05pm On Mar 10, 2010
Im doing pretty cool friend , how's your side wink
OBLONG:

ogaga--- how r u wink wink

''THERE IS NO GOD BUT MYSELF" ---"KNOWING THIS, WHO DARES WORSHIP THE FALSE GODS OF THE KORAN AND BIBLE?"

I Know there is God but not as you know him , that Guy is never in my book , what an holy poo your beloved God is un-known for real . Whatever , but all i care is to put an end of this GOD. i wish very soon someone can understand the God people have been saving all these many years is yourself. Think.

nuclearboy:

@Ogaga:

You know there is God. Your own issue is hate and rebellion. Sorry but ain't nothing you can do about Him. Your flatulence will only give you IBS
Re: Does God Lie? Would You Worship a Liar? by petres007(m): 7:44pm On Mar 10, 2010
@nuclearboy,
Nice illustration.

@Huxley,
I'm really getting bored of these your ABuzola-style attempts to undemine God/Chistianity. Er . . . you can do better grin
Re: Does God Lie? Would You Worship a Liar? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 10, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

Im doing pretty cool friend , how's your side wink
''THERE IS NO GOD BUT MYSELF" ---"KNOWING THIS, WHO DARES WORSHIP THE FALSE GODS OF THE KORAN AND BIBLE?"

I Know there is God but not as you know him , that Guy is never in my book , what an holy poo your beloved God is un-known for real . Whatever , but all i care is to put an end of this GOD. [b]i wish very soon someone can understand the God people have been saving all these many years is yourself. [/b]Think.

Its amazing the uncanny similarity between this and the message preached by WoFers. Except a satanist says to "think" and they justify theirs with twisted explanations of the bible.
Re: Does God Lie? Would You Worship a Liar? by Fhemmmy: 9:15pm On Mar 10, 2010
God cld be anything else, but can never lie. . . . .too much out of context passages
Re: Does God Lie? Would You Worship a Liar? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:39pm On Mar 10, 2010
Creator or liar?

[flash=500,400]http://media.chick.com/tract_7.swf[/flash]
Re: Does God Lie? Would You Worship a Liar? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:24am On Mar 11, 2010
[size=13pt]Now lets take a good look at the behavior of God in Eden is most peculiar. Eden is the pivotal moment in earth's history because what happened there set the stage for future events. It also gave an opportunity for someone to take over, educate and develop the human race for their own purposes. What people have been taught is a lie and it goes AGAINST biblical scripture, logic and common sense. If one studies the bible carefully they will realize that it does not reflect that the Serpent was evil and trying to deceive the human race.

The ancient writings of the bible reveal a lot of information as to what went on 6,000 years ago in Eden. Through logic and common sense we can show that those ancient writings of the bible reflect the end result which we all can see plainly in the modern world.

Genesis 2:9; And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

The knowledge of good and evil was part of what you see on this my post. Part is knowing that evil must disguise itself as good in order to fool its target. The tactics used by evil are easy to spot. Evil often takes the truth and mixes it with falsehoods to deceive. Evil also withholds information as well:

And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. Genesis 2:16-17

The above passage tells us that it was "the LORD God" who told mankind NOT to eat of the fruit which is symbolic for knowledge. Why should learning that information be a sin? Why is the withholding of knowledge consistent with the way modern government withholds information? The withholding of information is evil, is it not?

Friend David ,there's no doubt when the truth is revealed ---- wink wink wink.
[/size]
davidylan:

Its amazing the uncanny similarity between this and the message preached by WoFers. Except a satanist says to "think" and they justify theirs with twisted explanations of the bible.

(1) (Reply)

Islamic Scholars Case Against Equal Respect For Other Faiths (islaam) / How Do You Explain Contradictions In The Bible? / Did T.b Joshua Prophesied Super Eagle Lost To Guinea ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.