Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,579 members, 7,861,758 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:41 PM

*****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** - Dating And Meet-up Zone (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** (30027 Views)

Lesbo-ville: The Meet Up Place For Lesbians / 3rd Annual UK "BBQOMGWTF Come and chop enjoyment" Summer Meet up! / Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by candylips(m): 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2010
which one be that
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by r231(m): 9:30am On Jul 20, 2010
^^^^^9ja canival

coming up nxt month
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 22, 2010
Interesting.

I take it the original meet was cancelled.
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by candylips(m): 9:52pm On Jul 22, 2010
probably
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 24, 2010
when is this meeting holding plz?
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by Sagamite(m): 2:56pm On Jul 24, 2010
Sorry, pips.

I did not get any email notifier that anyone has posted on this thread. Jaybee and chamotex were just telling me this morning that some comments are being made.

Reality is that, from experience, some people would definitely pull out even at the 11th hour.

Also the smaller the number, the higher people would have to pay to attend if we are going to rent a place. That is why I wanted a safe starting number of interestees.

The more people have to pay, they more likely some few people pull out.

The smaller the number, the more you will hear people drop out for some excuse or the other as they start the typical Naija mentality of believing it being a flop and not willing to take any responsibilities.

There are 2 ways forward:

1) Wait for more people to express interest.

2) Arrange to meet at a venue that is not reserved for us (no need for donations), ala club or Naija festival.

Issues:

(1) as not produced the desired results so far and we can't keep on waiting.

(2), if in a club, might be a challenge as I suspect some would need special ID cards to prove age otherwise they can not get in.

So lets start discussing and finalise.
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by follypimpi(m): 6:26pm On Jul 24, 2010
Sagamite:

Sorry, pips.

I did not get any email notifier that anyone has posted on this thread. Jaybee and chamotex were just telling me this morning that some comments are being made.

Reality is that, from experience, some people would definitely pull out even at the 11th hour.

Also the smaller the number, the higher people would have to pay to attend if we are going to rent a place. That is why I wanted a safe starting number of interestees.

The more people have to pay, they more likely some few people pull out.

The smaller the number, the more you will hear people drop out for some excuse or the other as they start the typical Naija mentality of believing it being a flop and not willing to take any responsibilities.

There are 2 ways forward:

1) Wait for more people to express interest.

2) Arrange to meet at a venue that is not reserved for us (no need for donations), ala club or Naija festival.

Issues:

(1) as not produced the desired results so far and we can't keep on waiting.

(2), if in a club, might be a challenge as I suspect some would need special ID cards to prove age otherwise they can not get in.

So lets start discussing and finalise.

Me still think pple can afford £30 or more a pop now haba !
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 25, 2010
Sagamite, I appreciate your response.

To be honest, the fact you received no email notification with regards to responses to this thread isn't really acceptable. I feel you should check this thread on a regular basis. Most of the times i've checked on here, you've also been online. I check this thread daily, and I don't have anything to do with the organisation of this event!

I also fully understand the Nigerian mentality, of pulling out at the last hour, some with differing excuses, some without even the courtesy of saying they can't attend. But that's something you'll have to accept - not everyone will be reasonable. It's not fair on us though, if you don't give regular updates - I believe you have most of our email addresses. How can we make plans to attend, when we haven't the faintest idea when it's going to be held? It could be in two weeks, it could well be the last weekend in September. Expecting us to put all things on hold whilst we wait for "numbers to increase" is far from reasonable. I'm sure I don't just speak for myself, but for others as well.

In my humble opinion, it wouldn't hurt if at least a rough estimate of when the event is likely to hold, is posted here. You can always adjust it, give or take, but at least it shouldn't be an issue, as long as prospective attendees are kept posted.

Best of luck in your endevours.
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by Sagamite(m): 3:30pm On Jul 26, 2010
Siena:

Sagamite, I appreciate your response.

To be honest, the fact you received no email notification with regards to responses to this thread isn't really acceptable. I feel you should check this thread on a regular basis. Most of the times i've checked on here, you've also been online. I check this thread daily, and I don't have anything to do with the organisation of this event!

I agree with you completely.

My bad.

Siena:

I also fully understand the Nigerian mentality, of pulling out at the last hour, some with differing excuses, some without even the courtesy of saying they can't attend. But that's something you'll have to accept - not everyone will be reasonable. It's not fair on us though, if you don't give regular updates - I believe you have most of our email addresses. How can we make plans to attend, when we haven't the faintest idea when it's going to be held? It could be in two weeks, it could well be the last weekend in September. Expecting us to put all things on hold whilst we wait for "numbers to increase" is far from reasonable. I'm sure I don't just speak for myself, but for others as well.

In my humble opinion, it wouldn't hurt if at least a rough estimate of when the event is likely to hold, is posted here. You can always adjust it, give or take, but at least it shouldn't be an issue, as long as prospective attendees are kept posted.

Best of luck in your endevours.

OK, lets give it a go.

When I organise this stuff, I try to be as democratic as possible so as to get everyone involved. And lets face it, I might come across as rigid and dictatorial on NL already. I don't want to engrave that impression on stone. grin

But lets have a go, and let me try and shape it instead of waiting for communal involvement.

Lets say, we all meet up at the Naija BBQ.

It is cost free.

It is lively.

There is enough girl pool since chamosex will corner all the NL girls.

Downside, it is 7th and 8th of this August, hence in 2 weeks.

Does anyone object?

Lets start discussing it.
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by jaybee3(m): 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2010
Or we could organise a go karting event (I'm sure that will tickle Siena's fantasy even though he must have been to numerous)
We could do roller disco
We go go bowling then hit the club afterwards.
We could do hyde park or any other park (Order foods and bring games/music along)

Naija bbq might be too rowdy as attendees may be more on d kiddies side IMO humble opinion
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by chamotex(m): 5:55pm On Jul 26, 2010
jay bee:

[b]Or we could organise a go karting event[/b] (I'm sure that will tickle Siena's fantasy even though he must have been to numerous)
We could do roller disco
We could do hyde park or any other park (Order foods and bring games/music along)

Naija bbq might be too rowdy as attendees may be more on d kiddies side IMO humble opinion

These are nice ideas.
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by Sagamite(m): 6:05pm On Jul 26, 2010
jay bee:

Or we could organise a go karting event (I'm sure that will tickle Siena's fantasy even though he must have been to numerous)
We could do roller disco

Now you are talking, homeboy. wink
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by yme1(f): 6:19pm On Jul 26, 2010
There is enough girl pool

this sounds nice. . . . .
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by chamotex(m): 6:22pm On Jul 26, 2010
Y me!!!
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by yme1(f): 6:26pm On Jul 26, 2010
^^^^talk to me darling. . .
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 26, 2010
7th / 8th August is too short notice. There's hardly time to adjust planned schedules. I'd have though at least 3 weeks (as a minimum) would be better.
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by nike4luv(f): 9:44pm On Jul 26, 2010
*waiting*
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by Sagamite(m): 10:05pm On Jul 26, 2010
Siena:

7th / 8th August is too short notice. There's hardly time to adjust planned schedules. I'd have though at least 3 weeks (as a minimum) would be better.

Suggestions?
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by dayokanu(m): 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2010
Bring am come Yankee or specifically to Dallas and we would see the serious ones among you cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by nike4luv(f): 10:49pm On Jul 26, 2010
who has a free yard? or make we all buy one table at guvnors or sonthin
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by dayokanu(m): 10:54pm On Jul 26, 2010
I do have a free "yara" wink wink wink
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by blacksta(m): 4:53pm On Jul 27, 2010
Where is it taking place - missed the last one
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by yme1(f): 6:44pm On Jul 27, 2010
^^^^Û.k
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by follypimpi(m): 6:55pm On Jul 27, 2010
If the only we can move the venue to bham I assure enuf babes as well as a nice posh venue.
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by nike4luv(f): 7:00pm On Jul 27, 2010
cheesy cheesy see advertisement
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by yme1(f): 7:22pm On Jul 27, 2010
follypimpi:

If the only we can move the venue to bham I assure enuf babes as well as a nice posh venue.
you see this show spoiler cheesy, i was thinking he was gonna say enough guys
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by candylips(m): 8:58pm On Jul 27, 2010
bham ke
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by Sagamite(m): 9:35pm On Jul 27, 2010
y me:

you see this show spoiler cheesy, i was thinking he was gonna say enough guys

You will find all the man you want in chamosex. grin
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by nike4luv(f): 9:36pm On Jul 27, 2010
birmingham or not! make your minds up people!
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by blacksta(m): 10:03pm On Jul 27, 2010
y me:

^^^^Û.k

I know - i meant exact location
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by blacksta(m): 10:05pm On Jul 27, 2010
Elzaur or Sagamite - Abeg hala at me
Re: *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** by Sagamite(m): 10:06pm On Jul 27, 2010
nike4luv:

birmingham or not! make your minds up people!

We are asking you to make it up for us.

Suggestions?

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (46) (Reply)

Members image representation thread. / Singles Connect: If You Are Single, Real And Searching... / Romantic Dinner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.