Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,822 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

What They Do Not Tell You About Uk Used Phones: Read And Be Educated - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What They Do Not Tell You About Uk Used Phones: Read And Be Educated (71504 Views)

About UK Phones / Pls Be Careful Do Not Buy Tecno Phones Read My Reasons / Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What They Do Not Tell You About Uk Used Phones: Read And Be Educated by nerdfrost(m): 7:26pm On Oct 14, 2017
Pls where can I get a very good UK used phone in bayelsa??
Re: What They Do Not Tell You About Uk Used Phones: Read And Be Educated by Norman4real(m): 12:11am On Oct 15, 2017
These phones are hardly ever from UK, they are usually "recycled" in China. Their batteries never last and need to be replaced ever so often, their chargers are always fake.
They usually don't have the original gorilla glass touch panels, as they are swapped with replicas.
Usually when they are unlocked from carriers, you find that they will work on 3G buy don't support 4G networks in Africa.
These "UK used" phones have lost their waterproofing as a result of people opening them to clean them up or do repairs before selling.
Many have tendency to heat up unnecessarily.
Some have worn out camera lenses, especially those that are over 4years old.
They have tendency to just "Black out" and some times bricked and can't go past the opening logo.

All that aside, if you're lucky you can also find yourself getting a good phone with no issues at all.

My advise is that people stay away from these phones, if you want a good samsung, you'd rather buy a brand new J5 than buying an old s4.
Re: What They Do Not Tell You About Uk Used Phones: Read And Be Educated by Mrfixitxtech: 4:23pm On Oct 16, 2017
hoover420:

So which brand of Samsung, Motorola, HTC and even Apple can one get for 35k?

I have a HTC M8 for sale 36k.
Re: What They Do Not Tell You About Uk Used Phones: Read And Be Educated by Udwhyz: 2:40pm On Aug 17, 2022
A lot of people condemning UK used phones but a lot of y'all using iPhone are UK used cus you can't afford the new one so what's this noise, I pray I'll be lucky shaa
God abeg o
Re: What They Do Not Tell You About Uk Used Phones: Read And Be Educated by Newbie5050: 11:54pm On Sep 22, 2022
Udwhyz:
A lot of people condemning UK used phones but a lot of y'all using iPhone are UK used cus you can't afford the new one so what's this noise, I pray I'll be lucky shaa
God abeg o

U are reply 2017 comment. Nevermind, I'm also commenting now cis I'm planning of buying a London used android as a second phone. Just to use it as hotspot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM / Airtel Introduces 6GB Data For N1500 / No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.