Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,504 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum (20835 Views)

Constitution Did Not Provide Specific Role For Vp’s Office – ACF / Wike Places N640 Million Bounty On 32 Most Wanted ‘cult Leaders’ In Rivers (See) / Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum by orisa37: 3:57pm On Oct 12, 2017
Get thee behind me Satan?
Re: NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum by CioAngels(f): 4:26pm On Oct 12, 2017
Ha, it is not for me to understand what is going on, but my question is, why did it then took two week plus for the VP to own up he approved the contract sum? VP, hope you are not been Coerced/Threatened to lie against yourself bayi? Yet, Mr Baru's spokesman, (can remember his name) repeatedly was saying president approval is president approval without spelling it out who approved it. I hope this not a very well rehearsed after thought story?
Re: NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum by CioAngels(f): 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2017
dokiOloye:
I can almost swear Osunbade didn't give d approval.
And I also know he will never deny this lie.
That is why I laugh at those who say Buhari should hand over to him,cos he's too meek for my liking.
After stuttering and stammering during d period of d killing of pastors in Kano and Abj,I wrote him off.
Cabal go just pocket am one hand.
If he should allow that to happen to him, then it will be a big shame to his well merited integrity.
Re: NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum by CioAngels(f): 4:41pm On Oct 12, 2017
libertyhope2017:
Afonjas have now switched sides...they are now supporting Kachukwu side because the Cabal are trying to pin it on their son Osinbajo...LOL. Before now, they say Baru is right because the victim is Igbo. This is how their brain works...until it happens to our own, we don't give a damn if it's happening to others. Like the military vaccine issue, they are supporting the military now but as soon the vaccine in implicated in the death of their own, then they will turn against the military; that's how afonja brain works. Confused people and the most tribalistic lots in the world!
Please take away tribal sentiment from this serious issue or you should say they are now lying against the south. This is about afonja but about the south, the earlier the south makes their bond firm as north, the better for the region.
Re: NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum by maslong(m): 4:48pm On Oct 12, 2017
[s]
Jesusloveyou:
This government is doing just fine,
No money is still missing,
Presidential approval is presidential approval.
You can remembered when baru run to London for the approval, but buhari sent him away.
And contract was approved by FEC under osibanjo as acting president.
Maybe kachikwu could not remembered when he presented the contract to fec, or he was absent when the issue were been discussed in fec.
IPods should go and die.
[/s]

Jesusloveyou Jesushateliar
TAKE
Re: NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum by CioAngels(f): 4:50pm On Oct 12, 2017
BiafraIShere:
God is using Kachikwu to expose the evil that is going on in this sham of a government. In sane countries, this scam is enough to make people to resign or get jailed while the regime will be swept away but here these criminals will still be hailed by their people for looting the national cake. Divide this contraption now or regionilize it so that every part will manage its resources.
Yesoo, pa Ango Abdullai is really lending his voice that north is ceceding so don't worry.
Re: NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum by CioAngels(f): 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2017
Mrs Dolapo Osinbajo, you better save your husband from this frame up on his head.
Re: NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum by Jesusloveyou: 5:10pm On Oct 12, 2017
maslong:
[/s]

[s] Jesusloveyou
Jesushateliar
TAKE
are you a kid, have you not read were osibanjo admitted of signing the contract?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum by Jesusloveyou: 5:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
CioAngels:
Ha, it is not for me to understand what is going on, but my question is, why did it then took two week plus for the VP to own up he approved the contract sum? VP, hope you are not been Coerced/Threatened to lie against yourself bayi? Yet, Mr Baru's spokesman, (can remember his name) repeatedly was saying president approval is president approval without spelling it out who approved it. I hope this not a very well rehearsed after thought story?
have you ever asked osibanjo since two wks ago if he approved the contract?
Re: NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum by mapet: 9:46pm On Oct 12, 2017
VERDA:

There is nothing bogus about the claims, first of all, they are not my claims but those of the minister of state for petroleum and the chairman, board of directors NNPC,and if in ur assessment,everything he wrote to the president was a lie, then so be it, you seem to have forgotten that the contracts issue was just one of the numerous issues he wrote about, the NNPC clearly, ignored other allegations about appointments without the board approving, or is the board not to be involved in that too??, if so please educate me on what a board in an organization like NNPC accountable for and if like you have stated kachwuku has no business bothering himself with all those things he stated, I wonder why there is a board and what his functions as the chairman and minister of state is.....mind you, in the absence of Buhari as the Minister is kachukwu not supposed to take over? And then report to the FEC and the vice approves Or he handed the minister al position directly to the vice president too. Maybe it is you who should go back, read the full allegations, read about the functions of a board and then come and if you will educate me on whether like ur implying, kachikwu had no basis to complain and was just making noise.

Let me try address the issues you raised one after the other
1. First and foremost, all these is happening because Kachikwu is not Minister of Petroleum but a minister of State. Unfortunately the law and Act was not spefic in that regard as the powers of the Minister of State. When Diezani was Minister of Petroleum, she fired 5 GMDs in 5 years. She had the power to do that and more. Unfortunately, Kachikwu as a Minister of state has no such power.
2. Kachikwu is a useful and powerful to the extent given by the Minister(in this case the president) and such is not automatic.
3.Yes Baru did not answer the issue of appointments which is within the jurisdiction of the board. In this regard as well, the board is only in advisory capacity. Kachikwu himself admitted that Osinbajo referred the appointments made back to him. Yes Baru has not answered that
5. With regards to the contracting process, the board has no say.in the Oil is Gas industry, contracting process goes through and Tenderness Board (either major or minor Tenders board or), afterwards it is gods to be in GMDs for then the Minister who secured the president's or the FEC approval as the case may be. The NNPC board is not involved in the tendering and contracting process. I was on the NIPEX(the Accenture-led implementation of the tendering and contracting process) project circa 2005/2006, as a rep of an NOC. NNPC had all along wanted to make it transparent and effective.
6. Also, unfortunately Kachikwu CANNOT take over as minister in PMB's absence because PMB holds the portfolio. So when he's away, the Acting President (Osinbajo) is the Minister of Petroleum.
7. The other thing is that the way the law is couched, the GMD of NNPC is seemingly untouchable by a minister of state. He reports directly to the President /Minister
Re: NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum by VERDA: 4:40am On Oct 13, 2017
mapet:

Let me try address the issues you raised one after the other
1. First and foremost, all these is happening because Kachikwu is not Minister of Petroleum but a minister of State. Unfortunately the law and Act was not spefic in that regard as the powers of the Minister of State. When Diezani was Minister of Petroleum, she fired 5 GMDs in 5 years. She had the power to do that and more. Unfortunately, Kachikwu as a Minister of state has no such power.
2. Kachikwu is a useful and powerful to the extent given by the Minister(in this case the president) and such is not automatic.
3.Yes Baru did not answer the issue of appointments which is within the jurisdiction of the board. In this regard as well, the board is only in advisory capacity. Kachikwu himself admitted that Osinbajo referred the appointments made back to him. Yes Baru has not answered that
5. With regards to the contracting process, the board has no say.in the Oil is Gas industry, contracting process goes through and Tenderness Board (either major or minor Tenders board or), afterwards it is gods to be in GMDs for then the Minister who secured the president's or the FEC approval as the case may be. The NNPC board is not involved in the tendering and contracting process. I was on the NIPEX(the Accenture-led implementation of the tendering and contracting process) project circa 2005/2006, as a rep of an NOC. NNPC had all along wanted to make it transparent and effective.
6. Also, unfortunately Kachikwu CANNOT take over as minister in PMB's absence because PMB holds the portfolio. So when he's away, the Acting President (Osinbajo) is the Minister of Petroleum.
7. The other thing is that the way the law is couched, the GMD of NNPC is seemingly untouchable by a minister of state. He reports directly to the President /Minister

Thanks bro for clarifying certain things, you have made some good points, my thinking however is that the position of a minister and that of a president are totally different, that Buhari decided to make himself a minister of petroleum does not make it any different, my point is,while he can transfer presidential powers to the vice president i don't think he can or should transfer the ministerial Porfirio he holds,this should go to the minister of state, which the vice president understood which is why he referred Baru back to kachikwu for his input as widely speculated and you stated, there are numerous precedence for this, one which happened when the then minister of education was relieved or so under Johnathan and the minister of state took over, that is just one case. What if some other person was the minister and for some reason the person died or something happened, the minister of state takes over until another is appointed.I might be wrong though, I however don't think so in this regard.
Re: NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum by Splashme: 9:51pm On Oct 13, 2017
libertyhope2017:
Afonjas have now switched sides...they are now supporting Kachukwu side because the Cabal are trying to pin it on their son Osinbajo...LOL. Before now, they say Baru is right because the victim is Igbo. This is how their brain works...until it happens to our own, we don't give a damn if it's happening to others. Like the military vaccine issue, they are supporting the military now but as soon the vaccine is implicated in the death of their own, then they will turn against the military; that's how afonja brain works. Confused people and the most tribalistic lots in the world!
Re: NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum by GreatrAnalyst: 11:05am On Nov 09, 2017
It is a sign that you walk upside down and then backward instead of forward.
Please check out on a medic.

mapet:

This is the only truth in your post
Re: NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum by smulti(m): 11:59am On Dec 22, 2017
-??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay / Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released / Aseyin To Igboho: Don’t Come To Iseyin, Our Mood Not Suitable For Any Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.