Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Power Promise-the 6,000 Mega Lies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Promise-the 6,000 Mega Lies (963 Views)

Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever / Minister Says Jonathan Fulfilled Power Promise / Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Promise-the 6,000 Mega Lies by ajoguegbe(m): 6:12pm On Mar 10, 2010
In May 25, 1961, John F. Kennedy the  then President of the United States told his nation,
“I believe that this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the Moon and returning him safely to the Earth.”
Crazy as such a supercilious aspiration would sound, the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) successfully landed a man on the moon on 25th July 1969. In Nigeria, our ailing president made a promise by the beginning last year to increase power generation to six thousand megawatts (MW) before the year 2009 ends. The year came and passed uneventfully. The Minister of Information who doubles as the figurehead of the rebranding process is gradually being rebranded by PDP and FEC. This blog shows us and our government how to promise and fulfil our promises using J. F. Kennedy's example as a case study
to read blog click http://judewatchman..com/2009_12_18_archive.html
Re: Power Promise-the 6,000 Mega Lies by Fhemmmy: 8:28pm On Mar 10, 2010
Thanks for the info
Re: Power Promise-the 6,000 Mega Lies by Salvie(m): 2:16pm On Aug 14, 2010
the lie is becoming a truth.I have 22hrs power supply.Thanks to Good luck
Re: Power Promise-the 6,000 Mega Lies by Beaf: 2:26pm On Aug 14, 2010
Whether Americans went to the Moon is quite debatable. What is certain though, is that "Moon landing technology" has been lost, so nobody, even in this high tech age is venturing out to the Moon; not the Russian, not the Chinese and not the Americans.

---Scratches head---
Hmmmmmm!!!! shocked

OP, please stop quoting Moon landings as an achievement, its pure tosh.
Re: Power Promise-the 6,000 Mega Lies by ajoguegbe(m): 12:03am On Aug 15, 2010
Beaf:

Whether Americans went to the Moon is quite debatable. What is certain though, is that "Moon landing technology" has been lost, so nobody, even in this high tech age is venturing out to the Moon; not the Russian, not the Chinese and not the Americans.

---Scratches head---
Hmmmmmm!!!! shocked

OP, please stop quoting Moon landings as an achievement, its pure tosh.
Are you doubting their claims. Well the purpose of this thread is not to generate a debate but to learn a lesson from how promises are made and fulfilled. though its an old post.the lessons are still fresh
Re: Power Promise-the 6,000 Mega Lies by Beaf: 12:11am On Aug 15, 2010
ajoguegbe:

Are you doubting their claims. Well the purpose of this thread is not to generate a debate but to learn a lesson from how promises are made and fulfilled. though its an old post.the lessons are still fresh

Yes o! I doubt the claim wella!
I get your point, but that bit was just too juicy for me to avoid sinking my gnashers in. grin
I think its the wrong example to use, because its almost certain that man does not yet have the technology to go the Moon, therefore nobody is doing it or even pretending that they can do it; because in this day and age, any faker will be caught pants down.

. . .Did I do it again? wink
Re: Power Promise-the 6,000 Mega Lies by ajoguegbe(m): 1:07am On Aug 15, 2010
Mr. Beaf (what a name),I believe the US went to the moon. the reason people no longer visit the moon inspite of technological advancement is not unconnected to its expenses. It is very expensive and yet has no financial profit for the nation that embarks on it.
If you had read the blog you would have seen the cost implication of the project. Excerpts read
“At the peak of Apollo preparations in 1965, NASA employed 36,000 civil servants and 376,700 contractor employees, and had a yearly operating budget of $5.2 billion. Between 1961 and 1973, NASA spent approximately $25.4 billion on the Apollo missions”
In fact after the project, the US senate cut down the cost allocated to space projects and NASA was forced to relax her plans in exploring other planets

They did it for glory not for the gold
Re: Power Promise-the 6,000 Mega Lies by Beaf: 1:21am On Aug 15, 2010
Na man! There's still glory to be had these days, its even more pertinent now that it seems the US star is waning.

Lets not forget that the Moon missions were supposed to have been done with less computational power than exist in a 90's pocket calculator, so they would have needed to hire "36,000 civil servants and 376,700 contractor employees" (even if only for them to declare it was a road too far).

The US easily shrugs of trillions of Dollars in wasteful wars, just for the sake of it and so the World knows they are THE superpower. Going to the Moon would be a much less costly way of doing it, especially as the Russians thing manned Moon missions though the Van Allen Belt is impossible (so they ain't even trying).
It would have been a very easy, much less expensive way of showing that they are THE superpower.
Re: Power Promise-the 6,000 Mega Lies by ajoguegbe(m): 11:16pm On Aug 15, 2010
The reason they spend a lot on maintaining the SUPERPOWER status is to keep dangerous leaders like Iran's president in check. they spent money on the Apollo project when USSR was a competitor. Now theres no need. But be that as it may, they achieved the feat of sending a man to the moon and Nigerians have a lot to learn from it. The lessons are analyzed in the blog link given above
Re: Power Promise-the 6,000 Mega Lies by GAR3TH(m): 1:00am On Aug 16, 2010
@ beaf there are currently numbers of laser reflectors on the moon placed there during the apollo missions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkzjdTDdq0A

@ topic

thanks for the link

(1) (Reply)

Beaf's (gej Man) Facebook Picture With His Big Head / Buhari: Great Speech In Lagos. / At Last,senator James Udoedehe Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.