Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,127 members, 7,818,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC (36689 Views)

Wike Places N640 Million Bounty On 32 Most Wanted ‘cult Leaders’ In Rivers (See) / NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum / Buhari Approved N640Bn Oil Contracts From His Sick Bed In London- Baru indicates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Blue3k(m): 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2017
iswallker:

If due process is violated, he's saying implicitly that money is missing.

2. Who presented the briefs at Fec. Baru is not a member, kachikwu didn't present it.

Don't know who we'll find out later in next part of story.
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Blue3k(m): 5:33pm On Oct 12, 2017
Keballl:

Look, Osinbajo just said he approved JV loans and not contracts.

You are simply being silly. Kontinu.

Are u still crying wailer how pathetic. Please control yourself before you die of dehydration. Carry on in wailing did anyone in FEC or executive say he violated due process after all this time. After his official response to those questions proves you wrong you'll have new song and dance loading.
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 12, 2017
jpphilips:

It is so disheartening when an underdeveloped brain like yours is given the privilege to use the internet.
Who's this half baked fetus?
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Keballl: 5:37pm On Oct 12, 2017
Blue3k:

Are u still crying wailer how pathetic. Please control yourself before you die of dehydration. Carry on in wailing did anyone in FEC or executive say he violated due process after all this time. After his official response to those questions proves you wrong you'll have new song and dance loading.

You are still sound dumb. LMAO !! I can see you have ran out of nonsense to copy and paste. What a dolt. Hahahahahahaha !
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Funny it's not, they just got paid after 2 weeks delay sef

LMAO. But at least they paid u. u can now buy data n buy more food.grin
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by GetMeRight: 5:40pm On Oct 12, 2017
harmless011:

See how you are busy defending corrupt elements, I don't know how much they pay you for this but bear in mind they are toying with your future and you are here applauding them. Kontinue
I hope you were not among miscreants that told Jonathan to sack Sanusi back then.
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by SalamRushdie: 5:40pm On Oct 12, 2017
PrecisionFx:

LMAO.
But at least they paid u. u can now buy data n buy more food.grin

What are smoking na
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Blue3k(m): 5:40pm On Oct 12, 2017
Keballl:

You are still sound dumb. LMAO !! I can see you have ran out of nonsense to copy and paste. What a dolt. Hahahahahahaha !

I don't need to your just repeating same talking points you started with. I've shut you down multiple times. I get a new whipping boy.
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Keballl: 5:46pm On Oct 12, 2017
Blue3k:

I don't need to your just repeating same talking points you started with. I've shut you down multiple times. I get a new whipping boy.

You shut who down. See the shameless zombie talking about shutting me down. Tired of your copy and paste rubbish ? undecided
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Blue3k(m): 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2017
Keballl:

You shut who down. See the shameless zombie talking about shutting me down. Tired of your copy and paste rubbish ? undecided

Lol shameless wailer doesn't get tired of crying. Lol me quoting kachikwu spokesman and his letter rubbish. That's pretty daft of you to say but it's the best you can do. Repeat your talking points like parrot. I already proved you wrong on both points. My go drown in you tear child.

Akande said Osinbajo approved the recommendations for the contracts as part of necessary actions to deal with the backlog of unpaid cash calls and incentivise investments.

He added that the approval was given after due diligence and adherence to established procedure.

He said Osinbajo approved the contract in his capacity as the Acting President when President Muhammadu Buhari was away on medical vacation.

http://punchng.com/osinbajo-admits-approving-nnpc-joint-venture-financing-contracts/
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by buffalowings: 5:56pm On Oct 12, 2017
The front page is a mess

How do you criticise this government without someone calling you ipob?
Pathetic
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Keballl: 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2017
Blue3k:

Lol shameless wailer doesn't get tired of crying. Lol me quoting kachikwu spokesman and his letter rubbish. That's pretty daft of you to say but it's the best you can do. Repeat your talking points like parrot. I already proved you wrong on both points. My go drown in you tear child.

I repeat stop being an idiot.

His words: ” They were financing loans, joint venture loans, that have procured so in some cases NNPC ventures have to secure loans and they need the authorization to secure those loans.

“While the President was away, I granted authorization which is what the law provides.

“The law actually provides for that authorization, so I did grant all of those, in fact, there were two of them but those are presidential approvals but they are specifically for financing joint ventures and they are Loans not Contracts”, the Vice President added.

https://www.nairaland.com/4113064/just-vice-president-osinbajo-denies#61357979
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by erico2k2(m): 6:04pm On Oct 12, 2017
massinola:
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has taken responsibility for granting authorisation to the NNPC for two oil contracts worth N640 billion.

A statement by presidential spokesperson, Laolu Akande, said Mr. Osinbajo approved the contracts in his capacity as acting president in July.

“In response to media inquiries on NNPC joint venture financing, VP Osinbajo, as Ag President approved recommendations after due diligence,” Mr. Akande said.

The admission comes a day after PREMIUM TIMES amplified a curious part of the NNPC response to the Minister of State for Petroleum, Ibe Kachikwu’s allegations on Monday.

The NNPC had stated in the response that two presidential approvals were granted to the NNPC for contracts with Shell Nigeria and Chevron at the rate of $1 billion and $780 million respectively.

But when PREMIUM TIMES reached NNPC and the presidency for clarification on Tuesday, they could neither confirm not deny at the time.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/245881-breaking-osinbajo-admits-approving-n640-billion-oil-contracts-nnpc.html/amp
PASTORA PASTORA hahaha

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by erico2k2(m): 6:07pm On Oct 12, 2017
Clerverly:
lalasticlala

Buhari has been vindicated! grin grin grin grin

Ipob terrorists, can now wait for the Reactions from the Kpomo Cutting governor called Fayose, and that Bianca Ojukwu Boyfriend-FFK to console themselves! grin grin grin grin
SW people unu take note . Hope una know say dis guy dey take style ya una so . Kpomo cutting governor ahahahaha
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Enice(m): 6:16pm On Oct 12, 2017
chloride6:

We have seen you , educated one. It is in presence of this your education that you will see the end of this story.

I don't know how you unrepentant liars sleep at night. Baru claimed the President Sactioned the contract, today the VP said he gave approval.

One day , one like.

#pastorweydeylie
the VP was the president then. Is that too much for you to understand?
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by MEGA4BILLION(m): 6:18pm On Oct 12, 2017
Buru: Buhari approved the contracts while on sick bed.

Yemi: I approved the NNPC contact worth N640 billion.

Me: Next the government of the day want to lie, they shouldn't talk with both sides of the mouth.
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by chloride6: 6:21pm On Oct 12, 2017
Enice:
the VP was the president then. Is that too much for you to understand?

Stop forming smart. Baru said President Buhari gave him approval not Osinbajo.
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by sanpipita(m): 7:06pm On Oct 12, 2017
Osinbajo himself is slowly recanting, govt of liars

www.punchng.com/nnpc-i-approved-loans-not-contracts-says-osinbajo/
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Toketimt: 7:13pm On Oct 12, 2017
sanpipita:

I have cited the NNPC and BPP acts which validates Kachikwu's concerns on the approved contracts, if you know any law that supersedes what I have cited bring it on.

Oponu, no where in both acts has role for state minister for procurement purpose. Get sense.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by sanpipita(m): 7:18pm On Oct 12, 2017
Toketimt:

Oponu, no where in both acts has role for state minister for procurement purpose. Get sense.

Haha this goes beyond Kachikwu or even Osinbajo, I can't really help your dyslexia, you haven't cited anything superior to NNPC act section 6 e or the BPP act, you can continue in your tomfoolery even Osinbajo has modified his statement.
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by bjnice(m): 8:04pm On Oct 12, 2017
rexnuelll:
Do Vp as Ag. President have the constitutional power to approve such contract?.. the answer is YES. Was due diligence followed before approving the contract?..the answer is still YES. The only salient issue here is that Kachukwu as the minister of state and NNPC board chairman ought to have been carried along. But I still see no illegality here.

shei na talk bin this? 1) firstly it was claim that buhari sign it, when loophole was spotted it shifted to osibanjo. and u didn't ask who present such a memo of that magnitude on behalf NNPC in the FEC meeting. in case you are not converse with civil service rules. such amount must be debated by the FEC and approved by the same body, so tell me is Baru a member of FEC.
plz stop supporting illegality and obvious corrupt government biko
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by DONFASZY(m): 8:39pm On Oct 12, 2017
APC
PDP
NNPC
Politics
Same tin
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by monex(m): 8:42pm On Oct 12, 2017
Clerverly:

As far as legality is concerned, i believe he signed it. Do you believe he didnt sign it?
i think that too many side-stepping of the question happened before Laolu Akande confirmed it.

I have seen this pattern over and over again in several naija government.
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by zoedew: 8:56pm On Oct 12, 2017
aolawale025:
They finally succeeded in roping the man in. No reasonable person believes this

No! The Vice-President will never do underhand things. You can take that to the bank!
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by adetayo234: 9:15pm On Oct 12, 2017
GeeString:

Osinbajo is not a vice president, he is an errand boy.

A typically cowardly Afonja, descendant of Oduduwa The Lily-livered in the mould of his slave predecessors - Awolowo & Abiola.

Awolowo died of rat poison while Abiola died of tea poisoning.

Osinbajo might die of gworo poisoning.

So, what should osinbajo so? Should he be opposing his principal so that you won't see him as an errand boy? It is either you have lost your sense of you are bereft of knowledge.

Awolowo might have died of rat poison, like you claimed. Don't you think he is better than the coward Ojukwu that ran away and left your grandparents to die in trenches and die of starvation?

Or don't you think he is better than that lillylivered kanu that ran away and couldn't protect your brothers? I mean he made so much mouth as if he was strong, but he ran away like a useless coward. Your brothers are dead, but kanu that brought it on them is alive and kicking. Don't you think that is the height of cowardice? What do you say to that?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:59am On Oct 13, 2017
Clerverly:
I pity IPOB Terrorists- The militant arm of PDP! They have Been toiling day and night, to make sure, the unfounded allegation of "Phantom Missing $26B" is stacked on Buhari, at least to help in denting his towering integrity posture.

However, the more they try, the more, it is evident that Buhari is a stickler to due process.

Baru, in his initial reaction maintained, that he Sought Presidential approvals before the contracts were awarded, and the then acting President just confirmed it...

SalamRushdie and his ipob friends can now go meet Kanu and do the needful!

They will never stop; one of them above you any of his ilk are now trying twist it that Osibanjo was coerced into taking responsibility for the approval.
LOL, its a pity how these ppl are having hypertension over they fault finding mission against Buhari - while he classically keeps a dignified silence against their failed wailing efforts.

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Cjrane2: 1:39am On Oct 13, 2017
They have heaped it on the poor guy and threatened to remove him unless he said he signed.

One day, all these looting under Buhari will stop.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Teacher1776(m): 2:59am On Oct 13, 2017
Clerverly:
I pity IPOB Terrorists- The militant arm of PDP! They have Been toiling day and night, to make sure, the unfounded allegation of "Phantom Missing $26B" is stacked on Buhari, at least to help in denting his towering integrity posture.

However, the more they try, the more, it is evident that Buhari is a stickler to due process.

Baru, in his initial reaction maintained, that he Sought Presidential approvals before the contracts were awarded, and the then acting President just confirmed it...

SalamRushdie and his ipob friends can now go meet Kanu and do the needful!

you really lacked understanding. We are talking of 24 billion dollar, and the report is that only less than 2 billion dollars was approved. The question a sensible person will ask is, "who approved the rest 24 billion dollars?

And don't forget, there is a petroleum ministry headed by Kachikwu during the period Buhari went for treatment, and Kachikwu said his ministry was bypassed, due process wasn't followed. These allegations are very serious. They have nothing to do with your "buhari towering integrity".
Face it." it is indeed a slap on an administration which claims to be fighting corruption, and if you are patriotic, you will push for the culprits in this deal to be exposed.
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Enice(m): 7:17am On Oct 13, 2017
chloride6:

Stop forming smart. Baru said President Buhari gave him approval not Osinbajo.
Baru said "the President" he did not mention any name. It is you guys that are concoting names here and there.
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by chloride6: 7:43am On Oct 13, 2017
Enice:
Baru said "the President" he did not mention any name. It is you guys that are concoting names here and there.

You are still forming smart, sit down there. This matter will be blown wide open.
Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 13, 2017
SalamRushdie:

What are smoking na
Nkalagu Cement Sir. Are u a doctor? Is it dangerous?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC by Enice(m): 10:55am On Oct 13, 2017
chloride6:

You are still forming smart, sit down there. This matter will be blown wide open.
there's nothing to be blown open. You people are just crying wolf where there is none. Let Kachikwu come out and tell us what process was followed when he the GMD, then we can say this is wrong or right by his own standard.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Peter Obi Supporters Attack Reuben Abati On Twitter. / Ndigbo Hail Buhari Over Ministerial Portfolios, Seek Unity / Reno Omokri Mocks Arrested Sidiqu for his 2014 Post On GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.