Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,555 members, 7,819,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' (20973 Views)

Nedu Doesn't Deserve My Son - Uzoamaka Ohiri Speaks About Her Child's Paternity / Comedian Nedu: DNA Result Exposed Uzoamaka Ohiri, My Ex Wife's Cheating / Kerry Washington Wishes Uzo Aduba 'happy Birthday' In Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by Letenwam: 9:40am On Oct 13, 2017
Orange Is The New Black' Star, Uzo Aduba, who spoke at Glamour x The Girl Project rally for girls, brought down the house with her story of how she came to own up to her name 'Uzoamaka'.

According to the Hollywood actress, she once told her mother to stop calling her "Uzoamaka' but call her 'Zoe' instead because no one could pronounce her Nigerian name. Her mother who was startled by this plea, told her that if people could pronounce Michelangelo, Tchaikovsky and Dostoevsky, they should also learn to pronounce her name.

Here's the video;

https://www.lailasblog.com/hollywood-actress-uzo-aduba-shares-mums-reaction-asked-stop-calling-uzoamaka/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by amiibaby(f): 1:53pm On Oct 13, 2017
Prodigal daughter

See her teeth like Python smile

Wow atlast first to comment on nairaland.....where is my 30billion

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 13, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by greatmarshall(m): 1:53pm On Oct 13, 2017
Hmm
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by twentyk(m): 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2017
So what we shud call you now...miss amerikana.....iranu
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by Ochasky23(m): 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2017
Looking for beans to fry grin

1 Like

Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by esaias1(m): 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2017
undecided
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by maxiuc(m): 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2017
Am yet to see that my crush then

Sharon Ezeamaka

She also acted in TV series Dear mother

I dey crush on that girl seriously
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by DanielsParker(m): 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2017
okay, uzo
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by lilmax(m): 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2017
I don't really blame the mods though, na me open thread

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by HajimeSaito(m): 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2017
And so? Do you expect us to fry air because you suddenly outgrew your inferiority complex?
The likes of Chimamanda Adichie was never ashamed of her Igbo name even after marriage to a foreigner she still identifies with her roots.
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by Austinoiz(m): 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2017
So she asked her mom to be calling her hoe.
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by mrlaw93(m): 1:56pm On Oct 13, 2017
She's fugly, that's all i know..
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by jeff1607(m): 1:56pm On Oct 13, 2017
Ochasky23:
Looking for beans to fry grin

I just bought some
bring pot
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by talk2percy(m): 1:57pm On Oct 13, 2017
Smart and intelligent mother...all these slay mothers would have succumbed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by gentlechyke(m): 1:57pm On Oct 13, 2017
Better call you 'Fine road' or airport road abuja
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 13, 2017
Crazy eyes.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by Adaumunocha(f): 1:59pm On Oct 13, 2017
What should we do now? Nice hair though
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by darlingtonIIV(m): 1:59pm On Oct 13, 2017
"Crazy Eyes" really love her character in orange is the new black. One of my favorite TV series

6 Likes

Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by NotNairalandi(m): 1:59pm On Oct 13, 2017
Iriot!!.....If na me bi your mother i for call you "Uzoajoka" because you resemble Obasanjo grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by dayleke: 2:00pm On Oct 13, 2017
Na WA o
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by Thelma1552: 2:00pm On Oct 13, 2017
Noted!

Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by twentyk(m): 2:00pm On Oct 13, 2017
Na wa 4 Una ooooo.....so person cannot become first to comment abi^^^^....there is God she.....

Hen hen kini Topic soh jare....

Mtcheew iranu...so your iya shud not kor you sheedinma again.....iyen iyaaa reh...iya ti o bi oo lomo.....ori re o pe rara....unrespectfool

1 Like

Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by Pidginwhisper: 2:00pm On Oct 13, 2017
Why the girl come do mouth like say she wan cum for the 2nd pixgrin grin

2 Likes

Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by Juell(m): 2:00pm On Oct 13, 2017
Prodigal ke? I guess those calling her prodigal don't know the meaning of prodigal
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by pezeji(m): 2:00pm On Oct 13, 2017
go for facebook see how ppl changed their names to smtin maybe sweet or pronounceable
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by kenzysmith: 2:01pm On Oct 13, 2017
Omo see her hand is she a boxer or is she acting action movies at hollywood amnotunstandin
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 13, 2017
I no know why I even open the thread self. Mi o serious rara
Re: Uzo Aduba Told Her Mother To Stop Calling Her 'Uzoamaka' by hugthebist: 2:08pm On Oct 13, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy 30th Birthday To Davido / Foluke Daramola Is Ambassador For Gender Based Violence, GBV / Eedris Abdulkareem: 'Buhari Is Weak Mentally And Physically'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.