Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,079 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:44 AM

My System Is Going From Bad To Worst. I Need Help! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My System Is Going From Bad To Worst. I Need Help! (1103 Views)

Dell Laptops Are The Worst, Mine Is! / This System Is Going For ₦37K / Mint Linux 18.3 Sylvia Is Going To Release On December 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My System Is Going From Bad To Worst. I Need Help! by osahon360(m): 12:27pm On Oct 13, 2017
Good morning my amiable nairalanders
i want to go into writing,content writing and blogging. I have passion for writing and i love covering and reporting event and news but my laptop have been frustrating my effort and.i ve not started at all and not to even own a domain name
It all begins wen i fix the the screen and about to start using it i discovered dat the laptop switc off by itself and i tool to repair and found out d power ic is faulty and it waz repaired but unknown to me that is the beginning of my lapyop woes.wen u get home i waz excited dat atlast i will stary using d system after a long time.after few days i notice dat the system will jus trip off.i will boot.it back and it will trip off.i noticed dat d fan ventilation area is hot bfor triping off and i assume dat fan is not rotating to cool d system and i tool it to the engr and my assumption was correct.i paid for nee fan and it waz fixed and i waz happy and few days the laptop began to trip off on its own. I waz frustrated because all my mony and effort is not yielding effort and my i waz starting my final yr project write but culd not because.of system.i tool it back to the engr and he told me d processor waz bad that i hv to replace it so that it would work.on hearing dis i jus felt week and went back home and i abadon it
after about two month i tool it to another engr and he told me dat d problem is not wit d processor dat d processor is intact but d problem waz d power ic and i immedietly flash back to wen i repaired d power ic wit d first engr and the recent engr so dat he need a scrap mother board to get a power ic frm in other to fix on my laptop.according to him d power ic is burnt of which he showed me and i attested to it.as at now he has not gotten a scrap and my project date is at hand.i ve being using someone else system for my project write up
so please if there is any experience laptop engr dat culd help me out with d power ic pls feel free to comment your view about the laptop
the laptop is toshiba satellite
Re: My System Is Going From Bad To Worst. I Need Help! by udemzyudex(m): 1:36pm On Oct 13, 2017
Starting from the beginning of the first repair, the power ic isn't faulty, if the power ic bad, your system won't even switch on at all..

According to you, when u switch on the laptop it goes off by itself.

How many minutes does it take to do this?

When it is on, does it display on screen before going off?

From my observation, the fault has nothing to do with power ic, if the power ic is bad your laptop won't even power on.

Moreover, what's the model of your Toshiba?

osahon360
Re: My System Is Going From Bad To Worst. I Need Help! by osahon360(m): 2:25pm On Oct 13, 2017
toshiba Li-on Battery pack
bloc batteries Li-on
model No:PA3817U-1BRS
DC 10.8V/10,8V & 48Wh
Re: My System Is Going From Bad To Worst. I Need Help! by udemzyudex(m): 2:28pm On Oct 13, 2017
osahon360:
toshiba Li-on Battery pack bloc batteries Li-on model No:PA3817U-1BRS DC 10.8V/10,8V & 48Wh
Ok, I also need you to answer the questions too.
Re: My System Is Going From Bad To Worst. I Need Help! by osahon360(m): 2:54pm On Oct 13, 2017
udemzyudex:
Starting from the beginning of the first repair, the power ic isn't faulty, if the power ic bad, your system won't even switch on at all..

Yes dats correct
frm the initial stage it goes off by itself until it get to a point where it will not come up again not until i took ot to repair and it was fixed according to them but only to come back to detect d fan not rolling and it overheat and switch off
after changing the fan it began to work normal and after some days d laptop began to trip off an on. But dis time it did not off permanently but only temporily.sometimee it will off and i ll on it immedietly while sometimes it will off and it will take days to come up. This is the point at which i am now

From my observation, the fault has nothing to do with power ic, if the power ic is bad your laptop won't even power on.

osahon360
Re: My System Is Going From Bad To Worst. I Need Help! by Usorohtheman(m): 3:58pm On Jun 20, 2020
udemzyudex:

osahon360

Hello bro, my Toshiba satellite laptop is not turning on again. no light.... nothing
Re: My System Is Going From Bad To Worst. I Need Help! by hotdealz(m): 5:14pm On Jun 21, 2020
osahon360:
Good morning my amiable nairalanders
i want to go into writing,content writing and blogging. I have passion for writing and i love covering and reporting event and news but my laptop have been frustrating my effort and.i ve not started at all and not to even own a domain name
It all begins wen i fix the the screen and about to start using it i discovered dat the laptop switc off by itself and i tool to repair and found out d power ic is faulty and it waz repaired but unknown to me that is the beginning of my lapyop woes.wen u get home i waz excited dat atlast i will stary using d system after a long time.after few days i notice dat the system will jus trip off.i will boot.it back and it will trip off.i noticed dat d fan ventilation area is hot bfor triping off and i assume dat fan is not rotating to cool d system and i tool it to the engr and my assumption was correct.i paid for nee fan and it waz fixed and i waz happy and few days the laptop began to trip off on its own. I waz frustrated because all my mony and effort is not yielding effort and my i waz starting my final yr project write but culd not because.of system.i tool it back to the engr and he told me d processor waz bad that i hv to replace it so that it would work.on hearing dis i jus felt week and went back home and i abadon it
after about two month i tool it to another engr and he told me dat d problem is not wit d processor dat d processor is intact but d problem waz d power ic and i immedietly flash back to wen i repaired d power ic wit d first engr and the recent engr so dat he need a scrap mother board to get a power ic frm in other to fix on my laptop.according to him d power ic is burnt of which he showed me and i attested to it.as at now he has not gotten a scrap and my project date is at hand.i ve being using someone else system for my project write up
so please if there is any experience laptop engr dat culd help me out with d power ic pls feel free to comment your view about the laptop
the laptop is toshiba satellite
I once encountered an issue just as you've explained... I changed the heatsink of the laptop and the problem was over.

(1) (Reply)

/ The Basis Of Computer File / Need A System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.