Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

TB Joshua Owned Football Club "My People" FC Fined ₦5million - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / TB Joshua Owned Football Club "My People" FC Fined ₦5million (2016 Views)

I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya / TB Joshua: Angel Gomes Reacts To His Viral Video / Nwakali: My Aberdeen Switch Offers Big Challenge, Will Give The Club My Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

TB Joshua Owned Football Club "My People" FC Fined ₦5million by Guiderlaurel: 12:57pm On Oct 13, 2017
Organizers of the Nigeria's second tier League, The Bet9ja Nigeria National League (NNL) have placed a five year ban on My People FC starting from the 2016/2017 league season 90minutesgoal.com reports.

My People FC which is owned by popular Pastor and philanthropist, Temitope Balogun popularly known worldwide as (T.B) Joshua was slammed with the ban because the Lagos State based club failed to honour four consecutive matches on match day 29, 30, 31 and 32.

Speaking to 90minutesgoal.com, Chief Operating Officer of the Bet9ja NNL, Lawrence Katken said all points gotten by My People FC have been canceled including all matches played and not played.

Also My People FC were hammered with some monetary fine, as the club were ordered to pay the sum of ₦5,000.000,00 (Five Million Naira) for bringing the game into disrepute.

We warned all clubs participating in the Bet9ja NNL about the consequence of acting like this and they all agreed to finish the League or face sanctions that could arise in the case of pulling out or failure to honour matches, what we just did to My People FC is just applying the rule, Lawrence Katken told 90minutesgoal.com.

My People FC was established in 2008 by TB Joshua to help and nurture talented young footballers.

Super Eagles midfieldercOgenyi Onazi and former U-17 and Beitar Jerusalem FC player Sani Emmanuel started their careers with My People FC

Full Story: http://www.90minutesgoal.com/2017/10/tb-joshua-owned-football-club-my-people-FC-fined.html

Re: TB Joshua Owned Football Club "My People" FC Fined ₦5million by greatmarshall(m): 1:00pm On Oct 13, 2017
Okay

(1) (Reply)

The Lyrics Of The UEFA Champions League Anthem / Watford Super Kid Labelled The Next Eden Hazard Receives First Nigeria Call-up / Can Messi Break Pele goals record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.