Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,768 members, 7,813,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya (36717 Views)

This Stadium Is Not In Europe but Nigeria (photo) / Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) / Israel Adesanya: I Have A Tattoo Of Nigeria With A Lion Inside It On My Chest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by Rapmoney(m): 6:49am On Apr 13, 2023
Nigeria-born UFC fighter, Israel Adesanya has expressed his love for his fellow Nigerians.

The mixed martial artist, however, noted that the country is a ‘very corrupt place’.

The ‘stylebender’ said this while speaking on a Hotboxin podcast.

Adesanya added that government and some of its people are always looking for ways to siphon money from the country’s coffers and swindle others of their money.

He said, There is a lot of red tape in Nigeria. Nigeria is a very corrupt place. I love my people, but it is just that the government, everyone is finding ways to siphon money.”

The 33-year-old on Sunday knocked out old rival Alex Pereira to reclaim the middleweight crown at UFC 287 in Miami.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/i-love-my-people-but-nigeria-is-a-very-corrupt-place-israel-adesanya/

130 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by Nawttiboi007(m): 6:50am On Apr 13, 2023
grin Nigeria isn't some particular persons or tribes etc... Nigeria comprises you and me.. we're corrupt.
Government is of the people, by the people and for the people.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by Tecnophone: 6:51am On Apr 13, 2023
drug daddy people won't agree.

509 Likes 46 Shares

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 13, 2023
Who will help me deliver 3 cups of chilled condensed milk to this dude?

170 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by Rapmoney(m): 6:57am On Apr 13, 2023
Nothing but the truth.

320 Likes 26 Shares

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by Kudf: 7:00am On Apr 13, 2023
Ok
Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by madampresh(f): 7:01am On Apr 13, 2023
Bitter truth, everybody that is going into power always find their way to siphon money.

312 Likes 23 Shares

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by Rapmoney(m): 7:02am On Apr 13, 2023
madampresh:
Bitter truth, everybody that is going into power always find their way to siphon money.

Can the country ever be saved from the hands of hawks and vultures?

167 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by Freshtruth(m): 7:04am On Apr 13, 2023
Why Do Nigerians like washing our dirty Linen in public ist it was Falz, chiamada na this guy again Chai I dey shame abeg

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by Rapmoney(m): 7:16am On Apr 13, 2023
Freshtruth:
Why Do Nigerians like washing our dirty Linen in public na this guy again Chai I dey shame abeg

What should he have said? He should have praised Nigeria as the most corrupt-free country abi? Your username and signature are the opposite of your type of person. Abeg change them.

419 Likes 38 Shares

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by Princeton92(m): 7:21am On Apr 13, 2023
He's basically proud of his country but the leaders are quite shameful to relate with!!!

128 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by greenermodels: 7:27am On Apr 13, 2023
Rapmoney:

What should he have said? He should have praised Nigeria as the most corrupt-free country abi? Your username and signature are the opposite of your type of person. Abeg change them.
the guy that you quoted is a paid APC online influencer, you can't expect the truth from him.

220 Likes 21 Shares

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by smokinloud(m): 7:28am On Apr 13, 2023
Sango of Africa!.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by Georgry(m): 7:28am On Apr 13, 2023
cheesy
Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by goodnessme1(f): 7:30am On Apr 13, 2023
If he's Igbo man by now bandits and children filled with hatred will be insulting him even insult Igbos join.

Hypocrites.

263 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by sonature1: 7:53am On Apr 13, 2023
Here's a Yoruba man saying what we all know to the foreign press. If he's an Igbo man, this will take a tribal colouration.

Pretending that your reality doesn't exist is like living in a cloud cuckoo land. The day you get fed up, you take a bold step and fix it.

204 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by Brendaniel: 7:56am On Apr 13, 2023
Thank God it is a Yoruba man saying this from abroad, Chimamanda spoke the truth but they attacked her because of her tribe, now they are all quiet on him....

192 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by savcy(m): 8:03am On Apr 13, 2023
I salute his courage to speak the truth. Now let's sit back and watch the people enjoying corruption to cancel him. Every sector in this country is riddled with theft and corruption, from the government to the civil service, to the church/mosque, to markets, etc. We take pleasure in taking undue advantage of people in need of help.

114 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by Gajagojo: 8:06am On Apr 13, 2023
No be from pikin way get sense you go hear say him papa mouth dey smell.
What has he contributed to fix the problem? Is it Kenyans that will fix it?
Did he not run away with his family?
If he loves Nigeria he should come and fight in Nigeria,open gyms and inspire people
Nigeria is this it is that. Who is responsible for fixing
Is India not corrupt?how many times do you hear Indians running their mouths stupidly about the country
Yes we know say yansh dey smell, we no go throway am. We dey manage ourselves.
If you don't have solutions
Shut up

11 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by Komu1048(m): 8:07am On Apr 13, 2023
grin
Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by floret23(f): 8:08am On Apr 13, 2023
Rapmoney:

Can the country ever be saved from the hands of hawks and vultures?
Absolute No

5 Likes

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by floret23(f): 8:09am On Apr 13, 2023
Freshtruth:
Why Do Nigerians like washing our dirty Linen in public ist it was Falz, chiamada na this guy again Chai I dey shame abeg
It's because you hate truth but love corruption. You must be a follower of Chicago Druglord.

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by Greenback: 8:09am On Apr 13, 2023
Gajagojo:
No be from pikin way get sense you go hear say him papa mouth dey smell.
What has he contributed to fix the problem? Is it Kenyans that will fix it?
Did he not run away with his family?
If he loves Nigeria he should come and fight in Nigeria,open gyms and inspire people
Nigeria is this it is that. Who is responsible for fixing
Is India not corrupt?how many times do you hear Indians running their mouths stupidly about the country
Yes we know say yansh dey smell, we no go throway am. We dey manage ourselves.
If you don't have solutions
Shut up

A very big shame on you!!!!

In life it is better to remain silent and be thought a fouoool than opening your mouth and quickly remove all doubts whatsoever!!!!

128 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by floret23(f): 8:11am On Apr 13, 2023
madampresh:
Bitter truth, everybody that is going into power always to find their way to siphon money.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by OneCandleAway(f): 8:14am On Apr 13, 2023
savcy:
I salute his courage to speak the truth. Now let's sit back and watch the people enjoying corruption to cancel him. Every sector in this country is riddled with theft and corruption, from the government to the civil service, to the church/mosque, to markets, etc. We take pleasure in taking undue advantage of people in need of help.

Even sports.

Last Olympics I think Nike or Adidas wanted to give our athletes free clothes. But because the sports minister had inflated budget for clothes he refused. At the end of the day athlete's were washing clothes in the sink of their hotel room to reuse another day.

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by nairanaira12: 8:25am On Apr 13, 2023
Freshtruth:

For how long do you want to hide evil?

The wicked deeds and corruption of the Nigerian politicians is destroying people's lives and you want us to keep quiet about it?

There is a difference between patriotism and outright mental daftness

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by Gajagojo: 8:25am On Apr 13, 2023
What he said is true but it is not wise to speak all truths At all times.
Some one with his influence and privilege should be part of the solution.

If speaking as he did fixes the problem I support it 100% . It don't fix anything.

It just shows a young man in front of a camera who is now Westernized and talks without filter.
Talking must be purposeful when you are that influential.
Let him come and fight in Nigeria then we will know he loves us

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by savcy(m): 8:35am On Apr 13, 2023
Freshtruth:

What are you on about?? You think the world doesn't already know what's going on here? The entire NPF is categorised as a criminal organisation by the Canadian Parliament. Obviously you've never been a victim of the Nigerian system. You have never been turned down for a remote job that pays well for the singular reason that you're a Nigerian. You have never been a victim of police case handing. You have never lost a sick person to the abysmal health services in the country. You probably love to sort your way through university. You have never had a loved one kidnapped. In other words, you know nothing about your country.

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by fourboys: 8:40am On Apr 13, 2023
grin
Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by iwaeda: 12:52pm On Apr 13, 2023
Rapmoney:

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/i-love-my-people-but-nigeria-is-a-very-corrupt-place-israel-adesanya/

Corruption is endemic, in no particular order, from police, passport immigration, market women, shop attendants, civil servants and so on. We are fantastically corrupt people. cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

28 Likes

Re: I Love My People But Nigeria Is Very Corrupt - Israel Adesanya by BobTarantino: 12:52pm On Apr 13, 2023
What a big blow !!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Neymar Grooving To Burna Boy’s "Ye" (Video) / AFCON 2023: Nike Unveils Super Eagles Eagles Jersey / Wilfred Agbonivbare Is Dead - Former Eagles Goalkeeper (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.