Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? (7091 Views)

My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ / Why Are White People ''expats'' When The Rest Of Us Are ''immigrants''? / Which Area In Lagos Is The Best To Reside? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by kcibe: 5:36pm On Mar 14, 2010
I guess my points would be appreciated by many now and future.Foremost,before travellining abroad, ask yourself these vital questions
1.what I'm i going there to do?
2. Do i have good job in Nigeria?
So many peep are beclouded  by these 'make it fast in abroad' syndrome.This doesn't exist.if you go to Canada,be sure you are going with visiting visa, you would need to marry either 'fake or real marriage' before you could get your papers to work.the duration of getting these papers are not defined, it could be in 2 yrs or forever.It depends on your luck.if you don't have these papers ,you cant travel to any other country from where you are,you are termed illegal immigrant.
If you have say a job that pays you up to 100k per month and you have prospect in your career job,you might not be candidate for immediate relocation.you will definitely start from scratch,many atoms your profession is suffered,if you are a non medical graduate  you may remain  a petrol station attendant,shit cleaner,security guard and all sort for a long time.mind you, these class of workers can all take care of basic necessities of life but with no savings.life is more frustrating when you where earning good salary in nig before leaving and just to earn a peanut.i left nig when i was earning about 33k per month and i never regretted the move.Ive seen doctors from nig that are security guards at abroad .Ive seen accountants turning to nurses at process of time.
for conference visa [whatever, common it is real. this na arrangee visa dat u wan come attend a confrence],the  arranger may dupe you while in other instances they are real and you could fly in for the conference and training,from there find your level.good luck to all that aren't well paid that are craving for  broad,search around and see if you can better your lot in NIG.i personally think of coming to do some biz in NIG.life is just like that.
IF YOU SO DESIRE CANADA ,GO TO CANADA GOVT WEBSITE CHOSE TO IMMIGRATE TO CANADA,UNDER SKILL LABOUR.THIS MAKE YOU PAY CERTAIN AMOUNT OF MONEY TO GOVT AND BASE ON YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSION YOU AND YOUR FAMILY CAN MIGRATE  AFTER SOME YEARS AND YOU WILL NOT NEED TO DO MARRIAGE RUNS TO GET YOUR PAPERS.ITS LIKE USA VISA LOTTRY.
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by Pame(m): 2:54pm On Mar 15, 2010
I will advice that you yield to the right advice ''visit the Canadian embassy for firsthand information on how to go about it'' . YOU have a dream , follow it to the best of your ability. IT IS POSSIBLE
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by alanbolo(m): 3:56pm On Mar 15, 2010
@ Poster, am glad that u're turning back from these so called conference visa which in-short is a way of Political Asylum Applicant. "Refugee" What happens is that U'll get the visa to enter there legally and then seek for "aduro" whereby u'll be placed in a sort of grouped housing and feeding, remanded in limbo until u find a way out of that hole, somehow. I wish u migrate legally, I have pple on both sides that I visit intermittently and can say that nothing beets legality in terms of freedom. Go to the websites and see what suits u from there, Gd Luck.
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by mrcharlott(m): 8:11am On Mar 16, 2010
alanbolo:

@ Poster, am glad that u're turning back from these so called conference visa which in-short is a way of Political Asylum Applicant. "Refugee" What happens is that U'll get the visa to enter there legally and then seek for "aduro" whereby u'll be placed in a sort of grouped housing and feeding, remanded in limbo until u find a way out of that hole, somehow. I wish u migrate legally, I have pple on both sides that I visit intermittently and can say that nothing beets legality in terms of freedom. Go to the websites and see what suits u from there, Gd Luck.

I really appreciate you and i promise to enter Canada legally, then I will come back to Nairaland to thank those people that guided me through here. Thank you all.
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 16, 2010
Yea, i didn't say a word of advice, but hey ur Welcome any time. . .
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by pendusky(m): 5:37am On Mar 17, 2010
everybody is tired of naija, OMG. what am I waiting for, mine is any available bus, pm me.
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 17, 2010
@pendusky
Sidon dey wait, 9ja go soon empty. Evry body dey "ja" 9ja.
Bus, Abeg wait make i join attachment jor. I DON TIRE 4 NAIJA!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Does Visa-free Entry Really Mean? / Air Mishap Averted On Ilorin-lagos Route / Application For Right Of Abode On Nigerian Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.