Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance (17751 Views)

Benue State University Cancels Final Year Exam Over ‘Cheap’ Questions / Final Year UNILORIN Student Expelled For Writing Exam For His Girlfriend / UNILAG Law Attendance Sheet Used To Sell Suya Causes Stir Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by ALSHomes: 10:11am On Oct 14, 2017
ToluSuo:
In as much as the primary objective of every student is to attend lectures, some lecturers are taking it too far... Tomorrow now we would hear one lecturer gunned or kidnapped by unknown gang, we go dey pity dem, we nor go know how many lives dey don wreck... well sha... #PEACE...

What's your point ? Are you defending the students ?

3 Likes

Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by Daeylar(f): 10:12am On Oct 14, 2017
Thats the rule, such rules are common in most universities. They are just surprised it was actually enforced,

I understand missing class, some classes are not worth attending,

But why miss classes when you know that attendance will be checked, and still no back up plan?

How can they be this dull in 400 level?

That being said they should be allowed to write their exams
Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by proudlyYoruba(m): 10:12am On Oct 14, 2017
Fran6ik:
Why wont students miss classes when there is no good facility to learn with? No speakers no projector.. coming to class turns as a waste of time...

Let them be forgiven and allowed to write wat dey read on deir owm after all most of these lecturers are bunch of rubbish.. same lesson note since 1982
That is not an excuse for not having 65% attendance

4 Likes

Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by hagiosfemi(m): 10:13am On Oct 14, 2017
I don't like lectures, I only do if a lecturer is good and med sch lecturers reveal their que in class

1 Like

Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by greatsee: 10:14am On Oct 14, 2017
u av no reason for missing class, the serious will always prove diligence inspite of all odds

1 Like

Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by ToluSuo(m): 10:14am On Oct 14, 2017
ALSHomes:

What's your point ? Are you defending the students ?

Am not defending the, but all these lecturers too dey do, at times it would make sense to temper justice with mercy, not all students who don't attend lectures are to blamed, am saying from observation... #PEACE...

1 Like

Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by Karenelle: 10:16am On Oct 14, 2017
They must have had ulterior motives to choose to enforce the rule this year. And why admit more than you can conveniently graduate? Unilag... full of shady people

3 Likes

Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 14, 2017
Fran6ik:
Why wont students miss classes when there is no good facility to learn with? No speakers no projector.. coming to class turns as a waste of time...

Let them be forgiven and allowed to write wat dey read on deir owm after all most of these lecturers are bunch of rubbish.. same lesson note since 1982
Mr, the school system didn't start decaying in 2017. Many students have struggled in that same condition and have still graduated with a first class. Most of those absentees just don't care about school. I've attended a class of over 500 students in a lecture hall with no speaker or projector. I hear nothing at all because of the crowd and noise, but I still ended up meeting the attendance and having a B in the course which was 3 units. Excuses are just for lazy ones.

4 Likes

Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by Saheed9: 10:16am On Oct 14, 2017
it happens
Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by AuroraB(f): 10:17am On Oct 14, 2017
All these lecturers sef undecided
Mr Hope would set a test, ask us to help ourselves from his materials and our Notes cheesy
He knew what he was up to grin
Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by Karenelle: 10:17am On Oct 14, 2017
They must have had ulterior motives to choose to enforce the rule this year. And why admit more than you can conveniently graduate? Unilag... full of shady people

1 Like

Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by Jacktheripper: 10:19am On Oct 14, 2017
K
Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by PSVITA(m): 10:20am On Oct 14, 2017
Out of 200, 150 are cultist while the rest (girls) are OLOSHO!
Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by sonofanarchy(m): 10:20am On Oct 14, 2017
crackerspub:

grin grin grin grin

Africans are so stupid, go and tell Unilag VC that I said he is so stupid.

No wonder Seun dropped out from a Nigerian university and ended as a fvcking billionaire. They would have killed the boys potential

Bunch of Morafuckers
u mean seun osewa is a droup out? I don't believe you...

1 Like

Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by casa101(m): 10:22am On Oct 14, 2017
opera1:

http://saharareporters.com/2017/10/13/over-200-unilag-law-students-barred-writing-examination-over-class-attendance

Why are you astonished shocked.. Back in the days of medical school Na 75% or nothing for you..#GreatUnizikNauthNnewi
Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by casa101(m): 10:24am On Oct 14, 2017
ugwuuu:
Checkout the good news i have for you today

Lolz grin grin... Yahoo boy no laptop (YBNL).. But bros you need go by better printer and ink make the thing look legit small grin grin
Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by Gourdoinc(m): 10:26am On Oct 14, 2017
stupid set of students, wanting manna to fall from the sky for them. the rule says what it says. I am proud of unilag for enforcing that rule. no wonder we have illiterate graduates everywhere

1 Like

Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 14, 2017
crackerspub:

grin grin grin grin

No wonder Seun dropped out from a Nigerian university and ended as a fvcking billionaire. They would have killed the boys potential

Bunch of Morafuckers
Shut up
Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by OmoDavido(m): 10:27am On Oct 14, 2017
Still trying to fathom how a normal student that is in school to learn and not for another thing not attend lectures. Forget, if you think classes ain't important to you then you are on a very long thing.

No normal students will stab classes without something else attached to it.

Serves them right!

1 Like

Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by Originalsly: 10:28am On Oct 14, 2017
Hmmm......law students putting forward such childish defence .I wonder how they got admitted in the first place...or is the standard that low?
Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by crackerspub: 10:32am On Oct 14, 2017
ask him dude
sonofanarchy:
u mean seun osewa is a droup out? I don't believe you...
Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 14, 2017
Its a nice move, most of my course mates I only see them during exam period and you keep wondering why they are in school in the first place.
Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by nmaihat: 10:34am On Oct 14, 2017
I graduated from Unilag faculty of law in '07 and it was the rule then. In fact there was this particular lecturer in order to check students who put down their friend's name in the attendance sheet, he will call out all the names on the attendance sheet and if you were not there to answer your name for any reason, you'll be marked as absent (even if you attended the class) and the persons whose names are before and after yours will asked to produce you, (cos the presumption is that they are your friends who wrote down your name).

It got so bad that if anyone writes his name before or after yours, you'll be watching the person like a hawk to ensure he doesnt leave the class cos you cant go and be looking for someone you dont know.

The long and short of my story is the law students are talking BS cos they know or ought to have known about the existence of that rule cos its as old as Methuselah

1 Like

Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by Ugwoji101(m): 10:46am On Oct 14, 2017
[quote author=crackerspub post=61408056]

grin grin grin grin

Bunch of Morafuckers

THAT IS THE PROCEDURE ADOPTED BY ALL LAW FACULTIES IN NIGERIA,INCLUDING NIGERIAN LAW SCHOOLS .AS A LAW STUDENT IN THOSE DAYS,WE WRITE ATTENDANCE LIST BEFORE EACH LECTURE.THE ATTENDANCE LIST IS USED AS PART OF OUR CONTINUOUS ASSESSMENT.ALSO IN THE NIGERIAN LAW SCHOOLS,STUDENTS SIGN IN BEFORE LECTURES AND SIGN OUT AFTER LECTURES IN A REGISTER THAT IS PROVIDED FOR THAT PURPOSE.ANY STUDENT WHOSE ATTENDANCE TO LECTURES IS NOT UPTO 70% WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED FROM WRITING BAR FINALS.THE LEGAL PROFESSION IS A CONSERVATIVE PROFESSION AND THE LAW TEACHERS TRY THEIR BEST TO PREPARE THE STUDENTS INTO BEING FIT AND PROPER RIGHT FROM THE DAY THE STUDENTS STEP THEIR FOOT INTO TYPE FACULTY.TRUANCY?LATENESS TO LECTURES IS NOT IN ANY CONDONED BY LAW TEACHERS IN LAW FACULTIES AND LAW SCHOOL.SO THE PUNISHMENT METED OUT ON THE ERRING STUDENTS IS IN TANDEM WITH THE DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURES STIPULATED FOR LAW STUDENTS ASPIRING TO BE ON THE BAR.TO BE CALLED TO THE NIGERIAN BAR,SUCH ASPIRANTS SEEKING TO BE CALLED MUST BE ''FIT AND PROPER''.

1 Like

Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by Ugwoji101(m): 10:47am On Oct 14, 2017
[quote author=crackerspub post=61408056]

grin grin grin grin

Bunch of Morafuckers

THAT IS THE PROCEDURE ADOPTED BY ALL LAW FACULTIES IN NIGERIA,INCLUDING NIGERIAN LAW SCHOOLS .AS A LAW STUDENT IN THOSE DAYS,WE WRITE ATTENDANCE LIST BEFORE EACH LECTURE.THE ATTENDANCE LIST IS USED AS PART OF OUR CONTINUOUS ASSESSMENT.ALSO IN THE NIGERIAN LAW SCHOOLS,STUDENTS SIGN IN BEFORE LECTURES AND SIGN OUT AFTER LECTURES IN A REGISTER THAT IS PROVIDED FOR THAT PURPOSE.ANY STUDENT WHOSE ATTENDANCE TO LECTURES IS NOT UPTO 70% WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED FROM WRITING BAR FINALS.THE LEGAL PROFESSION IS A CONSERVATIVE PROFESSION AND THE LAW TEACHERS TRY THEIR BEST TO PREPARE THE STUDENTS INTO BEING FIT AND PROPER RIGHT FROM THE DAY THE STUDENTS STEP THEIR FOOT INTO TYPE FACULTY.TRUANCY?LATENESS TO LECTURES IS NOT IN ANY CONDONED BY LAW TEACHERS IN LAW FACULTIES AND LAW SCHOOL.SO THE PUNISHMENT METED OUT ON THE ERRING STUDENTS IS IN TANDEM WITH THE DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURES STIPULATED FOR LAW STUDENTS ASPIRING TO BE ON THE BAR.TO BE CALLED TO THE NIGERIAN BAR,SUCH ASPIRANTS SEEKING TO BE CALLED MUST BE ''FIT AND PROPER''.
Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 14, 2017
Cladez:
Missing class is nobody's business.Your job is to set and mark the exams and if the student fails,then fail them straight away.
Class attendance is one of the requirements for continuous assessment in most universities.
Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by Teespice(f): 10:55am On Oct 14, 2017
the rule has been there in the student hand book as well as the exam docket.

another thing to consider is that the rule from the period I was in the faculty was not strictly enforced. emphasis on strictly.

it is a different ball game in Law school as attendance is not something to be joked with.

for the present dean who I know to be a no nonsense disciplinarian to enforce this rule means that she's trying to improve on the standards the faculty of law is known for.

1 Like

Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by Businessideas: 11:08am On Oct 14, 2017
This had been a standard practice in some faculties like Faculty of Pharmacy in that same UNILAG for decades so I don't see the fuzz.
They are just seeing what others have been facing for decades.
Good one from the faculty of Law wink

1 Like

Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by DRPMJ(m): 11:09am On Oct 14, 2017
Lazy students
Re: 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance by sshalom(m): 11:20am On Oct 14, 2017
All noble endeavours demand seriousness and adherence to rules of engagement. It is either a man shapes up or he ships out!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually / N15.89b Injection To Stop ASUU Strike / Strike: Anxiety As ASUU, FG Teams Meet Secretly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.