Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Konga Online Shopping – Honest Comprehensive Review - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Konga Online Shopping – Honest Comprehensive Review (1061 Views)

How safe is it to buy electronics from Jumia And Konga? / Smart Watch / Online Shopping / Is It Safe To Buy A Television Set From Konga Or Jumia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Konga Online Shopping – Honest Comprehensive Review by sainttobs(m): 8:43pm On Oct 13, 2017
Good day friends, today we are going to be doing a comprehensive review of Konga.com, one of Nigeria’s Top Online Shopping Mall. In this review we are going to be checking out their Platform, Order Process, Delivery Process, Product Reliability, Return Back Policy and most importantly their Customer Care Service

I am going to make this review as unbiased as possible. So sit back and relax let’s go over all you need to know before you buy anything on Konga.com. Konga.com’s alexa rank is 3,895 worldwide and 20 in Nigeria as at 7th of October, 2017. This shows that the site is very popular and has lots of users.

Konga.com is Nigeria’s very own online shopping mall, founded in 2012 by Sim Shagaya. It’s headquarters is in Ikeja, Lagos State, Nigeria. Unlike Jumia and Kaymu, Konga only offers delivery services in Nigeria. Konga.com is a customer-friendly platform to shop for electronic gadgets, mobile phones, baby care products, fashion products, home appliances, books and general goods. Since its founding Konga has ground to become one of the major online shopping malls in Nigeria.

PLATFORM

Konga.com is built on the award-winning Magento software and features a very friendly user interface with cataloging and good product classification. It lets you figure low quality items seller on the spot by looking at their products quality, deliver-ability and communication efficiency all displayed at the top right sidebar. The platform like every e-commerce platform out there has the review tab where you can see the reviews from other buyers before deciding to go with a particular item. But you should know that you probably won’t see any negative review there, they keep those hidden which is why I am doing this review to get you informed on all you need to know (the good, the bad and the ugly). There is also the mobile app for Android, iOS, Blackberry10 and tablet devices that lets you shop with ease on your cell phone, tablet and PDA(s)

DEALS AND PROMO CODES

Konga.com does have a page dedicated to daily discount page where genuine products are offered for sale at discounted amount. Promo codes(coupon/discount codes) are offered from time to time to their e-mail subscribers . I have personally used some of their discounts and can confirm that they really work as advertised. Konga.com is usually opened for holiday deals such as the Black Friday yakata sales, religious holiday sales and 5% price reduction on products purchased via their KongaPay mobile banking platform.

ORDER PROCESS

To order for a product on Konga, you can simply visit their their website here and search for the product of your choice from the numerous categories. You can buy items such as mobiles, electronics, computers, watches, beauty and personal care products, baby toys and kids products, home appliances, books, movies, games and consoles, offices, schools, groceries and household items on Konga. So basically you can get all you need on Konga. After placing an order you will receive a call from Konga to confirm you order and you can choose to pay on delivery. The product will typically be delivered between 1-7 days depending on your location. The prices of products on Konga are sometimes cheaper than on other e-commerce sites and they do offer generous discounts. This is one reason why I do patronize them. Lastly there have been some complains that the product displayed on Konga’s website is different from the product delivered. We will come to this issue later.

DELIVERY PROCESS/TIME

Typically for buyers in Lagos you will get your products delivered the next day buy sometimes it might extend that. According to Konga’s website the standard delivery time is 7days but this may differ depending on your location. The products will be delivered right to your doorstep or whichever address you chose when placing the order. If you live in Lagos you can get your product delivered the same day. You can chose to pay on delivery if you like( I would recommend this).

PRODUCT RELIABILITY

As I said earlier there have been cases where the product delivered was different from the product that was displayed on the Website. Sometimes the difference may just be in the color of the product but at times the specification of the device may be different. For example, a friend of mine once placed an order for a Lenovo Laptop B50-45, AMD E1 6010, Dual Core 1.35GHZ processor, 320HD, and 4GB RAM which he paid for on delivery, only for him to later find out that it is not a Dual Core system. If you have problems like this and you are not satisfied with the product you can call Konga and request for a refund. Another case was when I order for an Infinix Hot 4 phone, after using it for about 3 weeks the phone overheated and went blind on me. Immediately I requested for a refund, and used the money to order another product.

Now don’t get too discouraged about buying on Konga, in the 7 times I have bought products from Konga only twice have I personally experienced getting a substandard product. This cannot be said for some of the other e-commerce sites I have used. The good thing is that if a substandard product is delivered to you, you can return it back. You can check reviews and ratings of certain sellers on Konga’s site which will help you to identify the reliable sellers. I would recommend you choose to pay on delivery so as to be able to check the products well before paying. I think Konga has to check those that sell on their site better as some of them sell fake, refurbished products.

RETURN BACK POLICY

Konga has a return back policy for products which you do not like. Either the products are substandard, or it is different from what you ordered. You can ask them to come and get their products back and you get a refund. Konga has a 7day return back policy.

For return to be valid, the buyer must ensure that:

· The items are returned with all the original packaging and accessories

· The damage was not done due to misuse of the product

· The item is in the original condition and has not been used or installed

· The buyer has not tampered with or lost the serial/UPC (universal Product Code) numbers

There have been cases where a product was returned and getting a refund becomes a problem. Read the experience of one of our users concerning the Konga Return Back policy.

“I bought a Tecno A7 dual sim phone from Konga. Upon inserting the two sim card, only one card was recognized. I made frantic efforts to get to Konga and all I get is ‘Please be patient, we are working on it.’ I was told I will be contacted in 48 hours. I called again the next day and a lady told me to pack the phone and take it to their pick up center. I was contacted in 5 days and I got my refund in a week.” This is the experience of John, a regular reader of 9jatechguru who I asked to send me his experience using Konga.

This shows that the Konga return policy does work, several other of my friends have returned products to Konga and got their refund back usually between 1 – 2 weeks. The basic thing is that once you notice a fault with a product call their customer care immediately to return back the product and get your refund.

CUSTOMER CARE SERVICE

This is perhaps the most important part of any business, most especially and online business. This is because transaction is not done physically and a certain amount of trust is needed to be able to do business successfully with your customers online. For a e-commerce website like Konga, customer service is the soul of the business. If the customer service agents are rude and unhelpful customers are not likely to come back. But with polite and helpful customer service you can calm the frayed nerves of your customers and put their fears to rest making them trust your business more.

I would rate Konga’s customer service fairly well because most of the times I have used their service, their customer service have been helpful. They provide assistance and are most times reliable. Although there are bound to be exceptions I think overall Konga’s customer service is very good.

KONGA AFFILIATE
Image result for konga images
You don’t only spend on Konga, Konga has provided an opportunity for bloggers, website owners and virtually everybody to earn. The principle behind Konga Affiliate is very simple. When you sign up you get access to promotional materials like banners which you can implement on your blog or website. When someone clicks on such banners they are directed to Konga’s website and if they order a product you earn a commission. With the deeplink generator you can create links to a particular product you want to promote. If you have many followers on social media like Instagram, Facebook and the likes you can paste these banners there and earn when people follow the links to order. If used the right way you stand a chance to earn a lot from Konga. You are also given a bonus of N500 when you sign up and the payment threshold is N5000. If you are interested in joining Konga Affiliate Sign Up HERE and start earning.

CONCLUSION : Individual experience differ, I have been using Konga for a while now and have not had too much reason to complain. They have been able to deliver efficiently for me. But that is just my experience. Feel free to drop your experience using Konga in the comment section below. To Begin Shopping On Konga Click HERE

That ends my review on Konga e-commerce shopping website. Also stay around for my upcoming review on Jumia e-commerce shopping website. Jumia is a direct competitor to Konga. In anticipation of my upcoming review on Jumia if you have any experience on Jumia you will like to share with readers send them to me using the contact form HERE.

Reviewed By: Adeyefa Oluwatoba Adegoke

Rating: 3.9

Source: http://www.9jatechguru.com.ng/2017/10/konga-online-shopping-honest.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Male Breast Reduction Can Also Treat Puffy Nipples / Taxi-drones Carrying Passengers To Go On Sale In Dubai And Las Vegas, Soon / Asp.net, C+,java, Vb.net, Php/mysql N More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.