Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Saturday, 14/10/2017 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Saturday, 14/10/2017 (363 Views)

Rev. Ntia I. Ntia Of Full Life Christian Center Survives A Car Accident In Uyo / Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Thursday, 12/10/2017 / Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today Friday, 29/09/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Saturday, 14/10/2017 by niceluvsus(m): 2:56am On Oct 14, 2017
LIFEWAY CHRISTIAN CENTER:
#DAILY #DEVOTIONAL
THE WORD FOR TODAY!
SATURDAY, 14/10/2017

#TOPIC: ON "FIRE" FOR GOD?

#Text
Numbers 25:6-7, 10-12 (NRSV)
6 Just then one of the Israelites came and brought a Midianite woman into his family, in the sight of Moses and in the sight of the whole congregation of the Israelites, while they were weeping at the entrance of the tent of meeting.
7 When Phinehas son of Eleazar, son of Aaron the priest, saw it, he got up and left the congregation. Taking a spear in his hand,
10 The LORD spoke to Moses, saying:
11 "Phinehas son of Eleazar, son of Aaron the priest, has turned back my wrath from the Israelites by manifesting such zeal among them on my behalf that in my jealousy I did not consume the Israelites.
12 Therefore say, 'I hereby grant him my covenant of peace.

#MESSAGE:
People are passionate or zealous about many things. We are passionate about our work, striving to succeed. We are passionate about possessions, striving to have more. We are passionate about hobbies and interests. Some are even passionate about their sports teams. Think of this… We always have enough time, energy and money for those things about which we are passionate.
#Let's briefly understand the word Zeal; Webster defines the word 'Zeal' as "Eagerness and ardent interest in pursuit of something."

# In our text this morning, we saw that even when others, including the priest were beclouded by the happenings in the camp, Phinehas was so sensitive/alert that he saw the strange move in the camp and did something about it. His zeal and passion for God made him not to keep quiet, sit down and watch!

# Friends, the real question to you today is: are you passionate about that which is most important? Are we passionate about God? When you see things going wrong in the camp of our God ( in the church, among the brethren, when there are lapses or lack), what do you do?
In Num.25:11, God speaks of "Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, hath turned my wrath away from the children of Israel, while he was zealous for my sake among them, that I consumed not the children of Israel in my jealousy."

# Our Lord Jesus, our example is often described as being zealous. Is.59:17 prophesied of Him, "For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke."

Titus 2:14 speaks of Jesus "Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works."
# The disciples understood Ps.69:9 spoke of Him, "For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me."
# Beloved, do you know that Jesus' passion was His Father's will? He said in John 4:34, " My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work."

# Apostle Paul also speaks of his own passion in Col.1:29, "Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily."

# The Bible encourages us as believers to pursue a passionate or zealous relationship with God.
# Gal 4:18; But it is good to be zealously affected always in a good thing, and not only when I am present with you.
1Co 14:12 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.

# Our spiritual passion or zeal is like a fire. As long as we pile on the wood, the wind of the Spirit will fan the flames and the fire will be so hot even a rainstorm of adversity won't douse it. However, when we don't feed the fire it will smolder.

# Beloved, Are we 'on fire' for God? If not, why not? Get on fire for God. If there is something missing in our relationship and our service to God, chances are it is our passion...our zeal!

#PRAYER
Heavenly Father, thank You for the grace you have given me to serve you. Lord, help me to be on fire for you at all times, let the zeal of thy house, thy kingdom and thy gospel overshadow me in Jesus mighty name. Amen!

(1) (Reply)

Don't Pray This Prayer, Except You Want To Be Delivered. / See What Happened To Lagos Lawyer After Meeting TB Joshua / Total And Full Redemption In Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.