Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) (71909 Views)

Attempt To Set INEC Office In Enugu Ablaze Foiled By Police (Photos) / How This Yahoo Boy's Format Was Foiled By His Smart "Client" / People Killed In Offa Bank Robbery Loaded In A Truck As Residents Cry (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by Diso60090(m): 9:57pm On Oct 14, 2017
veekid:
Yeah!!!!! These are boys; I mean thieves not the mumu ones we have here in Nigeria
since Brazil thieves get level why not pack your baggage and girlrat
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by habsydiamond(m): 10:11pm On Oct 14, 2017
this must be one of the usual American movies that I Neva see. if these people use dem brain for better things dem go excel ooo
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by mechanics(m): 10:16pm On Oct 14, 2017
nawa o, i only thought it's in Nigeria that thieves are desperate, not knowing it also happens abroad.
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by ToluSuo(m): 10:27pm On Oct 14, 2017
sylvez:

wetin dey worry this one with God bless God bless!!!
Godbless you bro... #PEACE...
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 14, 2017
mazimee:
No joy, zero joy from the criminals. They really planned well but it failed before they began

The execution you mean
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by METEORICQUAN(m): 10:31pm On Oct 14, 2017
£750,000 investment I'm so WOWED
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by Elfaris(m): 10:49pm On Oct 14, 2017
superemmy:
Where they bleeped up was when they went to construct luxurious apartment in the not so luxurious neighbourhood. Bad belle people dey. Them for do all their tins low key by constructing an unassuming pangolo crib.

Anyways what I'm I saying. No to robbery especially if you're not ready for this saga
heheheh bahd Guy..
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by Moganajoe: 11:06pm On Oct 14, 2017
AJOBI77:
O boy! Men dey para oo

There are some crimes that deserves award. These guys dem too much. I cut cap for dem joor.
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by davillian(m): 11:09pm On Oct 14, 2017
Yahoo yahoo would have saved them all this stress grin
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by sylvez(m): 11:12pm On Oct 14, 2017
ToluSuo:

Godbless you bro... #PEACE...
taaa gerarahere right now
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by SlyCharlie(m): 11:16pm On Oct 14, 2017
majamajic:
nice one
naija robbers hear am ...... they invested £750,000.
not just come and be shooting innocent people !!!!
u will snatch a car and use it to go rob bank grin
can't stop watching this movie THE HEAT
Dope movie! Al Pacino Robert Di Nero Val Kilmer. I feel its a classic!
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by SlyCharlie(m): 11:16pm On Oct 14, 2017
majamajic:
nice one
naija robbers hear am ...... they invested £750,000.
not just come and be shooting innocent people !!!!
u will snatch a car and use it to go rob bank grin
can't stop watching this movie THE HEAT
Dope movie! Al Pacino Robert Di Nero Val Kilmer. I feel its a classic!
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by able20(m): 11:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
Naija still be baby in crime compere to Brazil.
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by alex406(m): 1:02am On Oct 15, 2017
It would have been the highest bank robbery in the world. Whoever says there were construction of an unusually luxurious house is totally wrong. It was the equipments they were using in opening the tunnel and other high contruction materials that implicated them. They were opening the tunnel to be able the hit the game this long holiday and weekend of 4 days but unfortunately it was leaked. The house the rented is 50 meters to the Bank headquaters.
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by DianaJ(f): 1:13am On Oct 15, 2017
I admire their creativity grin grin brilliant criminals grin grin
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by ThatCEO: 1:59am On Oct 15, 2017
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by Abudu2000(m): 2:40am On Oct 15, 2017
Martin0:

Yes I love them..
I have not been to Denmark b4 but I have read so many articles and even research have showed that it has the lowest crime rate as a country in the world..

There was a time it government had to be importing human's who have committed crimes for neigbouring countries becoz it prison was empty as to lack of low crime rate in the country,so in other to keep the facility busy they have or needed to do that..
that should b Netherlands not demark, they are actually shutting down prisons now. Crime rate is so low that even their worse crimes ranges from domestic violence to noise pollution, lol,are those really crimes in Nigeria?
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by Livefreeordieha(m): 3:55am On Oct 15, 2017
Talkwell:

What has being gay got to do with this

Are u a faggott?

Modified : You're actually gay,your moniker says letmébeme grin grin

i wanted to reply him saying...Bros we dey talk robbery,u dey talk about 2 muscular buttocks knacking eachother?i wanted to diagnose the genetic defect �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by ernieboy(m): 4:18am On Oct 15, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
in Nigeria, it was would hv been busted if its in an area with people.
reasons being that Nigerians are very very nosey, and they will sell u out if they see the slightest chance.
how do u build a 500metre tunnel and rail tracks ? unless say na from bush. if not, people go talk am

with all these Bloggers around, everybody d find d slightest news to carry blow
is it not in Nigeria that a rented apartment was uses as a kidnapping den by Evans and his gang?
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by Tonason: 7:45am On Oct 15, 2017
Over 500 meters long tunnel is not a small feat, watch out for the movie soon
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by meneski(m): 8:15am On Oct 15, 2017
STANPASQUAL:
Police in Sao Paulo have foiled the world’s biggest bank robbery after discovering a well constructed 500-metre tunnel, complete with lighting, ventilation and rail tracks, leading from a rented house to the vaults of the Bank of Brazil.

The thieves hoped to steal up to £250 million, police said, and had planned to carry out the raid this weekend. Several bullet-proof cars, suspected of having been prepared as getaway vehicles, have been impounded as part of the police operation.

“This would have been the biggest bank robbery in the world,” chief investigator Fabio Pinheiro Lopes told the Guardian.

“They are an extremely dangerous and organised gang with a long history, including some violent crimes like homicide. If you look at their ages most are above 35 – well above the age of your average Brazilian criminal,” he added.

The gang are understood to have invested at least £750,000 to fund the construction of the tunnel and other logistics. Among the arrested is a woman who used a false name to rent the house where the tunnel began.

Suspicions were aroused when police in the run-down north of the city were alerted to the construction of an unusually luxurious house. It turned out to be the gang’s temporary headquarters. Undercover officers rented a neighbouring building and monitored communications and movements.
Police say the gang’s leader was Alceu Ceu Gomes Nogueira, 35. He is also suspected of having been involved in an attack on cash deposits in Paraguay in April, when nearly £10 million was stolen and a police officer was killed in a long gun battle. Sao Paulo police said that he had told them he worked as a farmer, and had no connection with the robbery.

Local media reported that Nogueira is heavily involved with a notorious gang called the PCC (First Command of the Capital). It is believed that Nogueira commanded a prison riot in 2006 at the behest of the PCC, the same year the gang mounted a series of bloody attacks which brought São Paulo to its knees.

Another alleged accomplice is Marcos Paulo Chini, 44. He was serving a jail sentence in the northern state of Maranhao after being convicted for his part in a bank robbery in 2015. In May this year he disappeared while he was temporarily released for a Mother’s Day visit.

Twelve of the other 14 people arrested have previous convictions, including murder, robbery, drug trafficking, and illegal possession of weapons.

The tunnel was high enough for a person to stand inside, and supported with metal and wooden beams. Rail tracks had been laid to transport the banknotes. Police said that they had also seized construction materials and workers’ clothes that were scattered throughout the area. Frozen food to provide for a large team of labourers was discovered.

Had the plot succeeded, it would have dwarfed Brazil’s previous biggest heist, when thieves made off with 3.5 tonnes of cash, worth £35 million, from a regional office of the Brazilian central bank in the city of Fortaleza in 2005. On that occasion, a tunnel was also built from a rented home near by. Police have yet to ascertain whether the two operations are connected.
ironkurtain and souloho19 we have got a storyline.
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by meneski(m): 9:29am On Oct 15, 2017
I blame Fast And Furious :/
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by Crixina(f): 10:27am On Oct 15, 2017
martynsnet:
nothing comes cheap, you have to work hard and invest, that's some hard work those boys put in there plus almost £1m investment. And someone out there reading this thinks life is easy, are u willing to bleed out of your eyes for your dreams? the answer is NO, cos u are full of sh#!
Even though this is terrible, but all I read up there is a a guy with lots of zeal and hardworking as fvck, I mean...constructing a tunnel?
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by Martin0(m): 10:39am On Oct 15, 2017
Abudu2000:
that should b Netherlands not demark, they are actually shutting down prisons now. Crime rate is so low that even their worse crimes ranges from domestic violence to noise pollution, lol,are those really crimes in Nigeria?

Hahahahah ask me oo
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by Sheun001(m): 10:55am On Oct 15, 2017
veekid:
Yeah!!!!! These are boys; I mean thieves not the mumu ones we have here in Nigeria

forget that side oh
9ja thieves are becoming more dangerously smart these days
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by ediongadaka(m): 11:07am On Oct 15, 2017
chai see techniques these guys nah baba, them get level, assuming say them succeed, them for hammer, nah real fast and furious for be this one. why this fucken police na. them hustle pass Nigerians.
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by Olulinks(m): 12:07pm On Oct 15, 2017
martynsnet:
nothing comes cheap, you have to work hard and invest, that's some hard work those boys put in there plus almost £1m investment. And someone out there reading this thinks life is easy, are u willing to bleed out of your eyes for your dreams? the answer is NO, cos u are full of sh#!
If only those guys had worked hard positively it would make more sense to use their story in a moral way.
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by dlectura(m): 1:37pm On Oct 15, 2017
Too much movies dey worry them
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by nickxtra(m): 1:41pm On Oct 15, 2017
Brazil always a fertile ground for record breaking robbery. Nigerians once committed the world's biggest bank fraud against Brazilian banks some years back.
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by seangy4konji: 5:50am On Oct 16, 2017
sure boys...
Re: ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) by Nellybank(m): 4:47pm On Oct 16, 2017
My brother na small lie. Just cover me up. Thank u
Gurusblend:

Heh!!! Kaabo Amara funra e, oniro aye!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cult Clash In Sagamu Leaves 25 Dead (graphic) / Lockdown: Angry Residents Beat Delta State Taskforce Officials, Today / The Fiercest And Most Chilling Images From Political Unrests In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.