Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,597 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Is UBA Now A Fraudulent Bank? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is UBA Now A Fraudulent Bank? (1678 Views)

Tingo Group (Dozy Mmobuosi) Is A Fraudulent Enterprise / Don't Be A Victim. Opay Is A Fraudulent Bank. / I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is UBA Now A Fraudulent Bank? by daclemx: 6:49pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hi guys, this will be the second time I am experienced something horrible from UBA. I use to call them (Useless Bank of Africa) when I was in school and they have proved to be one. Last month, #615 was deducted from my account without any notification. I spoke with their agent about it but he said the money was for SMS. Which year SMS don turn #615 per month? I noticed that they deducted another #515 naira from my account and didn't even send me any message. This bank is just useless. The money is small but only God knows how many thousands of people they have done this to. Chai.

Please has anyone experienced such? How can a bank be charging #615 naira for SMS.
Re: Is UBA Now A Fraudulent Bank? by iconceptsnig: 6:58pm On Oct 14, 2017
Same here but not just only UBA, other banks too. Especially if you do use the Card for online transactions. The OTP they do send to you and any SMS you receive at all would be charged.
Re: Is UBA Now A Fraudulent Bank? by Arsenalholic(m): 7:00pm On Oct 14, 2017
Nigerian banks -- like almost every other institutions in the country -- are honestly a pain in the azz.

But UBA worse off than most. Deducted 10k from my Dad's account twice now after failed withdrawals. This is someone that has been banking with them since the 80s when he started his business.

They are going to get it hot soon.
Re: Is UBA Now A Fraudulent Bank? by queendoreez(f): 7:42pm On Oct 14, 2017
Go to Twitter, Tweet @UBACares and threaten fire and brimstone. They will DM you and call you ASAP!

Sometimes in July, UBA deductes N725 and said it was for SMS alerts, i rejected that and i told them even if i receive 1 million SMS, charged at N4/sms, it can never equal N725. After dragging their silly asses on Twitter, they returned 425 back to me. Even the branch manager of the business office where my account is registered called and apologize.

Just yesterday they charged me card maintenance twice N52.5 whereas i have only 1 bank card, immediately i DMed them on Twitter, they were claiming right, telling me that my former bank card which i've stopped using for over 2years is still active. I was like how can a card that i've stopped using for 2years still be active and funny enough, this is the first time i'm being charged for that card. Long story, I told them on Twitter that i'm giving them from yesterday till monday morning, once i don't receive my N52.50, i will go to their business office and cause chaos there and also close my account and transfer all my money out.

Fast, fast, alert enter and my money was returned!
Quick note, if you use UBA, always monitor your money and remember the only language they understand is "Fire and Brimstone ".

daclemx:
Hi guys, this will be the second time I am experienced something horrible from UBA. I use to call them (Useless Bank of Africa) when I was in school and they have proved to be one. Last month, #615 was deducted from my account without any notification. I spoke with their agent about it but he said the money was for SMS. Which year SMS don turn #615 per month? I noticed that they deducted another #515 naira from my account and didn't even send me any message. This bank is just useless. The money is small but only God knows how many thousands of people they have done this to. Chai.

Please has anyone experienced such? How can a bank be charging #615 naira for SMS.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Loan Needed : Nysc/degree Cert As Collateral / Would 25 Million Be Sufficient To Start A Gas Station? / How Do I Get Goods Across From Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.