Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo (9961 Views)

Paul Unongo Resigns As Northern Elders Forum Chairman / Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman / Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by GhanaMustGoo: 4:26am On Oct 18, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

This is why he couldn't keep his promise. Note the bolded.

Why Awo did not make West to Secede

VANGUARD
26 SEP 2017
By Eric Teniola

ON May 1, 1967 at a meeting of Leaders of thought of Western Region, Chief Obafemi Awolowo made the following declarations:
“I consider my duty to Yoruba people in particular and to Nigerians in general to place four imperatives, two of them categorical, and two conditional:

(1) Only a peaceful solution must be found to arrest the present worsening stalemate and restore normalcy.

(2) The Eastern Region must be encouraged to remain part of the Federation

(3). If the Eastern Region is allowed by acts of omission or commission to secede from or opt of Nigeria, then Western Region and Lagos must also stay out of the Federation.

(4) The people of Western Nigeria or Lagos would participate in the Ad hoc Constitutional Committee or any similar body only on the basis of absolute equality with other Region of the Federations”.

It was the gravest statement made by any leader in Nigeria at a crucial time.
The question is why did the Western Region not follow the Eastern Region when it seceded on May 30, 1967?

The Daily Sketch which published in full Chief Awolowo’s speech on May 2, 1967 sold in Enugu at two shillings per copy which is more equivalent of today’s six hundred naira. The speech was a hot cake.

Then there was the argument that the fate of the Yorubas in Ilorin and Kabba provinces at that time was not properly addressed in that speech considering the political influence of Chief Josiah Sunday Olawoyin (1935-2000) and later leaders like Chief Cornelius Olatunji Adebayo (76), my friend Chief Ayo Opadokun and Dr. Abubakar Olusola Saraki (1933-2012).

It is a pity that Chief Awolowo did not publish his memoirs before he died in a domestic accident in his hometown of Ikenne in Ogun state in the early hours of May 9, 1987. Maybe he would have shed more light on why he made those declarations.

I personally believe till today that it was that speech that took the Federal Capital from Lagos, although events have proved later that taking the Federal Capital out of Lagos does not equate with taking commerce out of Lagos- thanks to Chief Bola Tinubu and his successors.

Chief Awolowo’s speech stunned the nation. It was a wakeup call on General Yakubu Dan-Yuuma Gowon (83), the Head of State at that time to prepare for war and save Nigeria. If Chief Awolowo had taken Western Region and Lagos out of Nigeria, it would have been suicidal...

If Chief Awolowo had taken Western Region and Lagos out of the Federation at that time definitely Western Region and Lagos would have been the battle ground. And where were the troops and how prepared was he for a major war. At the time he made those declarations, officers of the Western Region in the Nigerian Army were less than 7%. At that time Lagos, Ibadan and Abeokuta garrisons were occupied by ‘northern troops’. Even the then Governor of Western Region, Major General Adeyinka Adebayo was not prepared for war. Chief Awolowo admitted on May 1, 1967 speech, that ‘We have neither the military might, nor the overwhelming advantage of numbers here in Western Nigeria and Lagos...'

The truth is the man just got out of jail after 4 years. My man needed some rest - and money!
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by GhanaMustGoo: 4:30am On Oct 18, 2017
9jaDoc:

Ahmadu Bello was 49 at this time. Nnamdi Kanu is 50

Someone wrote this about the interview. What do you think?

He said d truth d only reasons. Why Ibos are hated is because they dominate d economy anywhere they are found while all dat d host communities can do is to hate hate and hate again. But for d educated host communities they jealous jealous and jealous again.
D industrious nature of Ibos is so amazing. They hate idleness with passion
The interview of Sir Ahmadu Bello, the Saduarna of Sokoto by BBC jorunalsit back in 1960.

Here is the interview.

Question:

One thing I have noticed while I have been here is that northerners seem to have the worst form of obsession about the Igbos, could please explain that?

Ahmadu Bello: Well, the Igbos are mainly the type of people whose desire is to dominate everybody. If they go to the village or town, they want to monopolise everything in that area.

If you put them as a labourer, within a year they will try to emerge as the headman of that camp...and so on...well.

We are not alive to their responsibilities because you can see from our modernisation policy that in 1952 when I came here, there weas less Northerners in our service. Then I fought. Now all important posts are being held by Northerners.

Question:

Is this policy of filling all the posts in the north solely with northerners and no Nigerian a temporary or permanent one?

Ahmadu Bello:

In actual fact, what it is, is a northerner first. Then if we can't get a northerner, then we take an expatriate like yourself (looking at the interviewer), if we can't then, we can employ another Nigerian, but on contract too. It is not going to be permanent as far as I can foresee, because it will be rather vengeance to see many of our boys are now turning from all institutions without having work to do. Am sure whatever government it will be, it will be rather embarrassing; it might even lead to black-sheep.

Question:

It might damage the idea of all people in all regions of Nigeria being par citizens of one country.

Ahmadu Bello: well it might but...amm...we are known to our reasons...how many northerners are employed in the east and west? The answer is none. And if they are, they may be only ten labourers employed in the two regions.

Listened to this several times. The only bad thing the man said was that he'd.hire expatriates.b4 Nigerians. Otherwise I don't see d big.deal
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by Uglyojuku: 9:35am On Oct 18, 2017
GhanaMustGoo:

What I find interesting about this is the courage of Unongo. There he was talking to a Yoruba.guy and knowing fully well he stood to.incure the wrath of many Yoruba people, yet hr still told the truth.
Telling a chameleon tribalist like Azikiwe to leave Yorubas alone was the best thing Awolowo and the wise Yorubas at that time did.Imagine a person..Azikiwe..who filled the vacant 100 plus positions in Yorubaland with 94 Igbos becoming the premier of Yorubaland.I am sure Yorubas
of later years would not forgive Awolowo and his colleagues if they had allowed the chameleon to take Yorubaland backward like Igboland.All juicy positions would have been given to Ojukus like him who are bereft of great and honest ideas in making giant strides like the ones Awolowo made.We love how our forefathers discabled his evil plan for Yorubaland.Unongo was an NCNC man..so you want him to blame Azikiwe,the tribalist?Thank you Awolowo for giving chameleon Azikiwe,the opportunity to go and turn Igboland to eldorado.Ndiara.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by GhanaMustGoo: 10:12am On Oct 18, 2017
Uglyojuku:
Telling a chameleon tribalist like Azikiwe to leave Yorubas alone was the best thing Awolowo and the wise Yorubas at that time did.Imagine a person..Azikiwe..who filled the vacant 100 plus positions in Yorubaland with 94 Igbos becoming the premier of Yorubaland.I am sure Yorubas
of later years would not forgive Awolowo and his colleagues if they had allowed the chameleon to take Yorubaland backward like Igboland.All juicy positions would have been given to Ojukus like him who are bereft of great and honest ideas in making giant strides like the ones Awolowo made.We love how our forefathers discabled his evil plan for Yorubaland.Unongo was an NCNC man..so you want him to blame Azikiwe,the tribalist?Thank you Awolowo for giving chameleon Azikiwe,the opportunity to go and turn Igboland to eldorado.Ndiara.

Bros all I know is that he was called Zik of Africa and everbody adored him except the white man. Can u explain how he was a chameleon?
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by masseratti: 11:04am On Oct 18, 2017
VillageWinch:

Bro, 9jadoc is right, many people got no money. My grandpa was rich before the war but became poor after the war and stayed poor rest of his life. I was told he got the 20 pounds. Why this was news was because no other family member got it..
sorry about your grandpa,but have you asked some salient questions from your folks? 1st where did grandpa stayed before the war,in the west,north or in the east? With this you are a step closer to the truth,now yes 90% of people all over the world losses their fortune in the time of war,except the undertaker and the gunsmiths, that said,the war didn't happen immediately most people of Eastern origin withdrew their "" Nigerian pounds "converted it into biafran currency,its not possible that they will leave their money in Nigerian banks and head east,there is no records of the banks refusing to pay anyone before the war the problem was that records of depositors were lost in the east due to destruction of the banks,everyone that had money in other regions banks got their full money back after the war.e.g Azikwe,Achebe,Nwabueze.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by orisa37: 11:18am On Oct 18, 2017
Nigeria's Politics started from the "ROOF TOP".
Awo, an Economist and a Lawyer had the INSIGHT to introduce "GRASSROOT" Politics.
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by Uglyojuku: 12:29pm On Oct 18, 2017
masseratti:
sorry about your grandpa,but have you asked some salient questions from your folks? 1st where did grandpa stayed before the war,in the west,north or in the east? With this you are a step closer to the truth,now yes 90% of people all over the world losses their fortune in the time of war,except the undertaker and the gunsmiths, that said,the war didn't happen immediately most people of Eastern origin withdrew their "" Nigerian pounds "converted it into biafran currency,its not possible that they will leave their money in Nigerian banks and head east,there is no records of the banks refusing to pay anyone before the war the problem was that records of depositors were lost in the east due to destruction of the banks,everyone that had money in other regions banks got their full money back after the war.e.g Azikwe,Ojukwu's father

A lot of them..that is the educated few..who put their money in the banks withdrew their money which is normal but at the end of the war everybody was magnanimously given 20 pounds... 12000 naira...and everyone that had money in other banks got their money back after the war,people like Azikwe,Ojukwu etc.What better way should the government have taken if I may ask my Biafla people..after the same Biafrans have stolen all the money in Benin central bank..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by orisa37: 12:33pm On Oct 18, 2017
Empower the 36 States to take charge of Sourcing and Applying their Earnings and just contributing to run F.G. This is Grassroot Politics not Roof top.
Awolowo was an Apostle of Christ and a Prophet of God for Grassroot Politics.
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by masseratti: 12:43pm On Oct 18, 2017
Uglyojuku:

A lot of them..that is the educated few..who put their money in the banks withdrew their money which is normal but at the end of the war everybody was magnanimously given 20 pounds... 12000 naira...and everyone that had money in other banks got their money back after the war,people like Azikwe,Ojukwu etc.What better way should the government have taken if I may ask my Biafla people..after the same Biafrans have stolen all the money in Benin central bank..
I really don't understand why they can't see the bigger picture, I won't be comfortable telling my kids blatant lies for political reasons, it just doesn't make sense that's what "some" Igbo elders have done,others that knows the real truth deliberately kept quiet.
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by VillageWinch: 8:01pm On Oct 18, 2017
masseratti:
sorry about your grandpa,but have you asked some salient questions from your folks? 1st where did grandpa stayed before the war,in the west,north or in the east? With this you are a step closer to the truth,now yes 90% of people all over the world losses their fortune in the time of war,except the undertaker and the gunsmiths, that said,the war didn't happen immediately most people of Eastern origin withdrew their "" Nigerian pounds "converted it into biafran currency,its not possible that they will leave their money in Nigerian banks and head east,there is no records of the banks refusing to pay anyone before the war the problem was that records of depositors were lost in the east due to destruction of the banks,everyone that had money in other regions banks got their full money back after the war.e.g Azikwe,Achebe,Nwabueze.

Thanks for not being a rude ahole like some of these people.
I read Achebe said he couldn't get money he left in bank.
But the point is, no matter how many millions you had in Biaftan money they gave u 20 pounds. That seems unfair.
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by VillageWinch: 8:06pm On Oct 18, 2017
Uglyojuku:

Some people had millions in Biafran money, some people even had plenty old Nigerian currency
They were all given 20 despite that Nigeria was swimming in oil money. Seems unfair.
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by masseratti: 8:38pm On Oct 18, 2017
VillageWinch:

Thanks for not being a rude ahole like some of these people.
I read Achebe said he couldn't get money he left in bank.
But the point is, no matter how many millions you had in Biaftan money they gave u 20 pounds. That seems unfair.
the question is where was the bank located, don't forget on that time everything was in black and white nothing was digital, if Achebe's money was in a Nigerian bank located in the east ,same bank that was burnt down by the biafran army and looted, which is a normal thing in war,where do u think the bank,which as at that time was owned by private entities will pay him without records, if he claims he has a million in accounts how would the bank verify? Point is all others that had money in banks that were in the west and North got that money back because there were records, the 20pounds story is a political gimmick used to paint Yoruba/Awo bad and that my friend is what is unfair.
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by 9jaDoc(f): 11:24pm On Oct 18, 2017
VillageWinch:

Bro, 9jadoc is right, many people got no money. My grandpa was rich before the war but became poor after the war and stayed poor rest of his life. I was told he got the 20 pounds. Why this was news was because no other family member got it..

Yeah, even if u were a billionaire b4 the war they still give u not more than 20£ and they think it's fair
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by 9jaDoc(f): 11:29pm On Oct 18, 2017
GhanaMustGoo:

The truth is the man just got out of jail after 4 years. My man needed some rest - and money!

So why did he lie he'd secede if Biafra did? That's where we fault him - for lying
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by 9jaDoc(f): 11:36pm On Oct 18, 2017
orisa37:
Nigeria's Politics started from the "ROOF TOP".
Awo, an Economist and a Lawyer had the INSIGHT to introduce "GRASSROOT" Politics.

My man Nigeria politics started just fine. All everybody wanted was independence and they knew Zik was the person leading it. No one was thinking tribe until Awo introduced it. Everybody alive then knew that was the truth

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by 9jaDoc(f): 11:44pm On Oct 18, 2017
orisa37:
Empower the 36 States to take charge of Sourcing and Applying their Earnings and just contributing to run F.G. This is Grassroot Politics not Roof top.
Awolowo was an Apostle of Christ and a Prophet of God for Grassroot Politics.

Grassroot politics my as. Simple truth: Awo was thinking tribe right from UK while Zik was thinking Africa/black man as a whole.
I f what u suggested is done some states simply can't survive while others will be very developed.
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by 9jaDoc(f): 12:10am On Oct 19, 2017
Uglyojuku:

My friend, here are things we know for a fact (every other thing is lies, conjectures, twisted truth, innuendos):
1)Awo was thinking tribe right from UK (started Egbe Omo Oduduwa)
2) If Zik were thinking like Awo he would have started "Nzuko Umu Ndiigbo".
3) But the last thing on Zik's mind was Igbo. He started his revolutionary activities in US focused on Africa and black people, not Igbo.
4) Zik started a newspaper in Ghana with which he helped fight for Ghana's independence: WEST AFRICAN Pilot. He later brought it to Nigeria.
5) Awo started a paper a decade later focused on Ibadan called Tribune
6) Zik was born in Zungeru, was based in the West and spoke all major Nigerian Languages.
7) Awo was born in Yoruba land, based in Yoruba land and only spoke Yoruba (besides English)

HOW DARE YOU COMPARE THESE TWO PEOPLE??
HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by 9jaDoc(f): 12:26am On Oct 19, 2017
masseratti:
I really don't understand why they can't see the bigger picture, I won't be comfortable telling my kids blatant lies for political reasons, it just doesn't make sense that's what "some" Igbo elders have done,others that knows the real truth deliberately kept quiet.

My man, each side will claim they are the ones telling the truth. They will put their own spin on things, manipulate facts and pull things out of thing air.

BUT THERE ARE THINGS WE KNOW FOR A FACT. THESE WILL LEAD US TO THE LIKELY TRUTH.

Here are some things we know for a fact (every other thing is lies, conjectures, twisted truth, innuendos):
3) But the last thing on Zik's mind was Igbo. He started his revolutionary activities in US focused on Africa and black people, not Igbo.
4) Zik started a newspaper in Ghana with which he helped fight for Ghana's independence: WEST AFRICAN Pilot. He later brought it to Nigeria.
6) Zik was born in Zungeru, was based in the West and spoke all major Nigerian Languages.
7) Awo was born in Yoruba land, based in Yoruba land and only spoke Yoruba (besides English)

HOW DARE PEOPLE COMPARE THESE TWO??
HOW DARE THEY!!!!!

The Simple Truth:
All everybody wanted was independence and they knew Zik was the person leading it. No one was thinking tribe until Awo introduced it. Everybody alive then knew that was the truth.
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by GhanaMustGoo: 3:38am On Oct 19, 2017
9jaDoc:

So why did he lie he'd secede if Biafra did? That's where we fault him - for lying

I don't think technically he actually lied. I think he threw in some.lawyer talk whereby technically he didn't lie.
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by GhanaMustGoo: 4:35am On Oct 19, 2017
9jaDoc:

My man, each side will claim they are the ones telling the truth. They will put their own spin on things, manipulate facts and pull things out of thing air.

BUT THERE ARE THINGS WE KNOW FOR A FACT. THESE WILL LEAD US TO THE LIKELY TRUTH.

Here are some things we know for a fact (every other thing is lies, conjectures, twisted truth, innuendos):

HOW DARE PEOPLE COMPARE THESE TWO??
HOW DARE THEY!!!!!

The Simple Truth:
All everybody wanted was independence and they knew Zik was the person leading it. No one was thinking tribe until Awo introduced it. Everybody alive then knew that was the truth.

He wasn't called ZIK OF AFRICA for nothing. If we are to be honest with ourselves Awo should be called AWO OF IBADAN.
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by GoldenChiddy: 5:32am On Oct 19, 2017
Okwu ID is an Igbo Cultural group from the UK. Trying to keep Igbo culture alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ae1OHJMJQo&t=10s
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by Ovamboland(m): 10:10am On Oct 19, 2017
9jaDoc:

False. They change the money you bring in but can't give you more than 20. These are people who just went through 3 years of hellish "starvation is legitimate weapon of war!

So Nigerian government has the obligation to change Biafran currency and what will be the basis? Was the goverment privy to it's issuance? What will Nigeria do with the biafra currency? You get £20 in exchange for worthless paper and come here to complain. Some one guy will just print millions of paper and come collect Nigerian currency?

Did Nigerians who didn't rebel also get that £20 free windfall? You people are selfish and completely insatiable

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by Ovamboland(m): 10:23am On Oct 19, 2017
9jaDoc:

But it is not only Achebe. Unongo, Man, Mbadiwe etc even people who despised Zik, they all agree his party won the electiom

was mbadiwe a NPC or AG man if he was in politics in the first Republic?
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by Ovamboland(m): 10:28am On Oct 19, 2017
9jaDoc:

At the bolded I rest my case. The aim was never to kill anybody or conquer the west. And there is no evidence anybody was killed.

revisionist and bare faced lies, the intent of throwing bombs on a fully packed casino is not to kill anyone in deed

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by Ovamboland(m): 10:38am On Oct 19, 2017
9jaDoc:

See my post above. Know how to distinguish propaganda from what is likely true. You r hearing only from one side

hearing from one side when my friends mother told us what happened that night in the casino. She lived across the road in Yaba and wasn't allowed to go due to some domestic chores and saw the smoke column from the cinema and later visited the site. This is consistent with newspaper reports of the period. Yet you talk of one side? Very wicked and insensitive

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by Ovamboland(m): 10:52am On Oct 19, 2017
9jaDoc:

Because Zik really didn't consider himself an Easterner. He was pan-Africanism personified. His aim was to free Africa from colonial rule not to be premier of anywhere. That was just a means to an end. And people understood that.

Yet he wanted to be premier of western region, and became bitter when he lost out and was only placated whenever he was given premiership of the East. Pan-African indeed, why didn't he bid to be Ghana first president since you claimed he got them their independence?
He had enough common sense not to try that.
Yet he did not initially install TOS Benson or Ogunsanya Yoruba leaders in NCNC as premier in the east. He choose a native of the East. So there was no indegene good enough in his party to be premier? Thank God it never happened, I can imagine what Easterner will be saying today

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by Ovamboland(m): 11:23am On Oct 19, 2017
9jaDoc:

Unongo is a northerner who fought against Igbos. See what he said about Zik? See, these people never saw Zik as Igbo or Yoruba. Everybody understood he just needed a platform to fight the British. They knew he was not interested in being the premier of a section.of Nigeria. That's why they all felt betrayed by what Awo did

How much effort did Unogo put in to ensure Zik become the first premier in the North he hails from and the birth region of Zik.

You don't see the absurdity of a northerner crying the west did not allow his eastern boss become premier

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by Ovamboland(m): 1:05pm On Oct 19, 2017
9jaDoc:

Bros, I see absolutely nothing wrong with what Zik said here. He was simply telling them to prepare for federalism. He would have said the same thing to Yorubas. See, though the Igbos claimed Zik, he never really saw himself as belonging to the Igbos (as, for ecample, Awo with Yoruba). He was called Zik of Africa and that's really how he saw himself. There is one secret non-Igbos do not know about Zik - the man did not speak Igbo well. He spoke Hausa and Yoruba probably better. His aim was African independence and he would have been willing to be premier even in Ghana if that afforded him a better platform to fight the Europeans. His aim was not to be premier over Yorubas.
IT WAS A MEANS TO AN END!

Very lame and pathetic attempt at revision.

Some just told the world that he's in support of his tribe dominating the rest of the country and not cooperating with them which may include taking their land and jobs and you still label him detribalised, father of all, panafrcan, and other high sounding pseudonym.

You give him the right to say that in a multi ethnic country but say a man from another tribe 2years after your panafrcan, cannot rally his tribe to vote against, not attack, this fellow from dominating them. This is a sickness taken too far

Substitute what Zik said to ibos with Sardauna saying same thing about fulani to an arewa gathering and tell us you agree with him as a Nationalist.

Am sure you join to condemn Sardauna for saying they intend to dominate the south by dipping Koran in the sea, bunch of hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by Ovamboland(m): 1:11pm On Oct 19, 2017
GhanaMustGoo:

What I find interesting about this is the courage of Unongo. There he was talking to a Yoruba.guy and knowing fully well he stood to.incure the wrath of many Yoruba people, yet hr still told the truth.

He knows a Yoruba man will not go physical on him over his thoughts unlike some others, they are more reasonable than that. At best they will correct your wrong statement with facts
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by Ovamboland(m): 1:23pm On Oct 19, 2017
9jaDoc:

My man Nigeria politics started just fine. All everybody wanted was independence and they knew Zik was the person leading it. No one was thinking tribe until Awo introduced it. Everybody alive then knew that was the truth

Yes nobody, even Sardauna came to enugu and ibadan to campaign for votes. He even also attempted to be elected first premier of the East. Since its lying season we should make it more ridiculous
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by GhanaMustGoo: 1:39pm On Oct 19, 2017
GoldenChiddy:
Okwu ID is an Igbo Cultural group from the UK. Trying to keep Igbo culture alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ae1OHJMJQo&t=10s

This is in UK??!! How is that possible?! Very impressive!
Re: Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo by GhanaMustGoo: 1:47pm On Oct 19, 2017
Ovamboland:

So Nigerian government has the obligation to change Biafran currency and what will be the basis? Was the goverment privy to it's issuance? What will Nigeria do with the biafra currency? You get £20 in exchange for worthless paper and come here to complain. Some one guy will just print millions of paper and come collect Nigerian currency?

Did Nigerians who didn't rebel also get that £20 free windfall? You people are selfish and completely insatiable

My.friend Biafran money had a pegged value. U could have given.people say, half the value. You yourselves said people changed their Nigerian.money into Biafra.
Instead £20!! At the same time Gowon was saying Nigeria was drowning in money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mohammed Fawehinmi: Buhari Condoles With Late Activist’s Family / We Are Not Withdrawing Obi Or Any Of Our Candidates Cases - Apapa Faction (video / Nyesom Wike Receives Belgian Ambassador To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.