Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The (1053 Views)

The Israelite God, Yahweh Of Shasu Tribe / Why Did God Decide To Take The Israelite To The Promise Land? / Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe About Gay & What The Bible Says About Homosexuality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 15, 2017
We all know that the devil is the serpent.
Genesis 3 vs 4-5: and the serpent said unto woman, ye shall not die. For God knows the day you eat, your eyes will be opened and ye shall be like God's. We all know that the serpent is the devil. So why did God say unto the children of Israel to look upto to the same serpent

Numbers 21 vs 8: And the Lord said unto Moses make thee a fiery serpent and set it up on a pole it shall come to pass where anyone bitten shall look upon it an live.

So now the Christians in the house. How will God command for a serpent. Where he stated in Genesis 3 vs 14 and 15,and the Lord said unto the serpent, because thou has done this, thou art cursed above all cattle. Dust shalt you eat all the days of they life. Vs 15:and I will put enmity between thee and the woman and between thy seed and her seed.

Now we all know God cursed the serpent as he is still angry with him but how and why did he use the same serpent to give life
Cc OAM4J
Re: Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by Ofemmanu1: 10:39am On Oct 15, 2017
Typical mohamedans, your dads condom is bigger than your personality.
Re: Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 15, 2017
Serpents represents knowledge symbolically.

Metaphorically referring to value education.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by InsanePsycho(m): 12:14pm On Oct 15, 2017
God is confused

As usual

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 17, 2017
InsanePsycho:
God is confused

As usual
as hell. Or the people who wrote that Bible are confused. Christianity is fake

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 17, 2017
euromilion:
Serpents represents knowledge symbolically.

Metaphorically referring to value education.
since when did serpent now represent knowledge?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by Originakalokalo(m): 6:57am On Oct 17, 2017
InsanePsycho:
God is confused

As usual

Snake was killing them.

Snake was lifted up.

Anti venoms came from snake.

More like poison healing poison.

That clue might have been taken from that principle by medicine.

Scientist are not stupid.

Between you and God Almighty,

Who is now stupid?

Spiritually,

It takes faith to be beaten by a snake and all you need to do is to look at another snake for healing.

Even if it is most deadly.

Just fix your gaze on the One ON the Tree

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by OtemAtum: 6:58am On Oct 17, 2017
Yahweh eeh cheesy
The guy's suffering from memory minus(m-)(as crafted in my calculator.) cheesy
Re: Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by OtemAtum: 6:59am On Oct 17, 2017
Originakalokalo:

Snake was killing them.

Snake was lifted up.

Who is now stupid?

Spiritually,

It takes faith to be beaten by a snake and all you need to do is to look at another snake for healing.

The holy spirit told you this? Hmm, d holy spirit is really working like Ambode. cool
To remove sin, fictitious Jesus (a sin) died ba. More like a sinner dying to take away your sin cool
Re: Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by Originakalokalo(m): 7:37am On Oct 17, 2017
OtemAtum:

The holy spirit told you this? Hmm, d holy spirit is really working like Ambode. cool
To remove sin, fictitious Jesus (a sin) died ba. More like a sinner dying to take away your sin cool

I have seen you my friend.

It's been a while.

How are you and your otem?
Re: Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by enilove(m): 8:15am On Oct 17, 2017
The Bible did not say or meant that all serpents are devils. The devil is a spirit . He needed an earthly body , whether human or animal to use and he eventually used that of serpent. That serpent was possessed by the devil. It is not all serpents that are possessed by the devil just like the devils can possess a human being , it does not mean every man is possessed by the devil.

The serpent the Israelites were told to look upon was not a real serpent but that made of brass which was to swallow the poison . It was serpent that bite them and it is fiery serpent that took away the poison and saved them.

This means when Adam sinned , death entered into the world and inherited by every man because of Adam we need someone in form of Adam who did not inherit the sin to take away the sin and make us to live.

Jesus said in:

John 3:14-18 KJV
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: [15] That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. [16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. [17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. [18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Believe Jesus and be saved.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by OtemAtum: 9:00am On Oct 17, 2017
Originakalokalo:

I have seen you my friend.

It's been a while.

How are you and your otem?

Don't address me in isolation. Address my argument.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by hopefulLandlord: 9:02am On Oct 17, 2017
I'm starting to like this Originalkalokalo guy, I may disagree with his opinions and conclusions but I agree with his method of conversation

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by Humanistme: 9:13am On Oct 17, 2017
Originakalokalo:

Snake was killing them.

Snake was lifted up.

Who is now stupid?

Spiritually,

nice

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by Originakalokalo(m): 9:47am On Oct 17, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
I'm starting to like this Originalkalokalo guy, I may disagree with his opinions and conclusions but I agree with his method of conversation

My Opinions are limited my brother.

Foolishness is the gospel to the Greek. Because they are thinkers.Says the Bible.

I might not be able to make you reason the concept of a Son being called the Everlasting FATHER.

Like I said, my opinions may not convince you.

But my conclusion is valid, and faith based.

Thanks for the compliment anyway.
Re: Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by Originakalokalo(m): 9:51am On Oct 17, 2017
OtemAtum:

Don't address me in isolation. Address my argument.

Okay.

He is Just. Righteous.

Two known books confirmed it.

First, the Bible. Then, the Quran.

He died sinless so that I may be free.

During animal sacrifice, an animal without blemish is used.

Just look at the one on the tree.

And you shall be saved.
Re: Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by InsanePsycho(m): 7:36pm On Oct 17, 2017
Originakalokalo:

[s] Snake was killing them.

Snake was lifted up.

Who is now stupid?

Spiritually,

Just fix your gaze on the One ON the Tree[/s]

Nonsense undecided
Re: Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by Originakalokalo(m): 7:41pm On Oct 17, 2017
InsanePsycho:

Nonsense undecided

Ok.
Re: Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by Hier(m): 8:09pm On Oct 17, 2017
All I know is, the serpent of Moses swallowed the serpent of the Egyptians.

Well, its a mystery. Lemme decode it.

If they die by a serpent, they will come back to life by another serpent.

1 Corinthians 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in ,Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 17, 2017
Hier:
All I know is, the serpent of Moses swallowed the serpent of the Egyptians.

Well, its a mystery. Lemme decode it.

If they die by a serpent, they will come back to life by another serpent.

1 Corinthians 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in ,Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

in Adam we all die yes I agree.. But in Christ we live, I don't accept that. Cause we all still die so where is the life?
Re: Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by Hier(m): 3:28am On Oct 18, 2017
CHESTER48:
in Adam we all die yes I agree.. But in Christ we live, I don't accept that. Cause we all still die so where is the life?

Well, lemme attempt that

You said, we all die.

God told Adam, the day you eat, you shall die.

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

But, you should know, Adam didn't die physically, but his eyes opened, the question is, was Adam blind?, no, Adam was controlled by the Spirit, Adam will look at a cat, and call it cat, you know why, the Spirit of Adam was programmed for somethings. Adam naturally won't know Eve and himself was naked. See, we lost many things, and Christ came to give us that back.

God can't go to the devil and collect what the devil stole, so God sent His Word together with His Spirit as Jesus to collect that back.

Jesus was a Spirit with a flesh. The devil is a spirit. For Jesus to collect it back, Jesus came as flesh, well, should I say, He disguised. I won't call it disguised, but God made Jesus a sinner on the cross, and Jesus said, my Father, my Father, why hath thou forsaken me.

Jesus being made a sinner, got Him a ticket to hell, the ticket that will lead to the defeat or legal reclamation of what the devil stole from Nigeria, and here is a Nigerian fighting for His independence.

I hope you understand.

See, Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Re: Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by Hier(m): 3:34am On Oct 18, 2017
CHESTER48:

The life is called Zoe

Talking about Zoe is another lengthy talk

But, if you care to know, download this file

http://thegloriousrealms.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Kenneth-E-Hagin-ZOE-The-God-Kind-of-Life.pdf
Re: Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by ifenes(m): 7:12am On Oct 18, 2017
Firstly the serpent represents knowledge and wisdom. The serpent also represent healing or a healer,that is why the medical field make use of a serpent as a medical symbol....look it up

The story of Moses has nothing to do with Christianity. It was an Egyptian story where they used the Venom of a snake to either alter the brain- as it. Contains chemicals that alter consciousness, ability to receive visions of healing, just like the shamans of today do. This was an ancient religious practice by the ancient world added into the bible. The bible is and never was a religious book.

To the ancient world, the serpent was a God, a healer and full of knowledge. The venom helped them in in trance, heal, tell the future by drinking its venom which almost kills them- but help them shift into a near death state and experience alternate reality, future reading and a preferred directions of their lives. Knowledge is power if you know it. Christianity and its teachings is pure rubbish.
Re: Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by Originakalokalo(m): 7:26am On Oct 18, 2017
ifenes:
Firstly the serpent represents knowledge and wisdom. The serpent also represent healing or a healer,that is why the medical field make use of a serpent as a medical symbol....look it up

The story of Moses has nothing to do with Christianity. It was an Egyptian story where they used the Venom of a snake to either alter the brain- as it. Contains chemicals that alter consciousness, ability to receive visions of healing, just like the shamans of today do. This was an ancient religious practice by the ancient world added into the bible. The bible is and never was a religious book.

To the ancient world, the serpent was a God, a healer and full of knowledge. The venom helped them in in trance, heal, tell the future by drinking its venom which almost kills them- but help them shift into a near death state and experience alternate reality, future reading and a preferred directions of their lives. Knowledge is power if you know it. Christianity and its teachings is pure rubbish.

Ok.
Re: Why Did The Israelite Look Up To A Serpent? When The Bible Says The Devil Is The by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 22, 2017
Christians are the most confused stupid blind sheepishly set of people

(1) (Reply)

Why Jesus is Called The Son Of God / Is Prophet Noah Truly Our Ancestor? / Miley Cyrus Claims ‘satan Is A Nice Guy; He’s Misunderstood’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.