Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria (37986 Views)

Fertility Clinics In Lagos Pay N50k For Sperm - Doctor Tells Masturbators / Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) / A Comprehensive Ranking Of Fertility Clinics In Nigeria - FertilityHubNigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by jamesharryson(m): 6:31pm On Oct 15, 2017
Even the polio inoculation, that is well known, it will be well publicised and not only that, the government still employ individuals that the people may know well, train them and then supervise them to do the work. Do you people also know that some people have personal doctors?
Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by GoodMuyis(m): 6:32pm On Oct 15, 2017
eagleeye2:

In your list of military hospitals, only one in the entire southeast region and you think that's enough to pass whatever message you intend to give?

Are you not curious to click the referenced links.

Maybe you should tell me which state you came from and I will not only get you list but contact as well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by Freeezzz(m): 6:34pm On Oct 15, 2017
Adekunle Fajuyi Military Hospital, 2 Division, Adekunle Fajuyi Cantonement, Ibadan, Oyo State. cool
Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by meforyou1(m): 6:34pm On Oct 15, 2017
Op, most of those clinics only attend to military personnel and their dependents.
Few of them like the 44 ref military hospital Kaduna attend to civilans from outside.
Op, do u know that some organisations like NNPC have their own hospitals and clinics that perform the same function?
Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by guru90: 6:36pm On Oct 15, 2017
Army note that we are not in military regime.

1 Like

Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by Brugo(m): 6:37pm On Oct 15, 2017
Don't waste your time on ipob terrorists and their sympathizers. Anyone who can be swayed by nnamdi kanu will believe any brainless lie.

Imagine adults in this present age acting like cavemen.

Igbos sha. cheesy

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by meforyou1(m): 6:39pm On Oct 15, 2017
I know much about the military. I know all institutions u have in the civil populace, u have same in military.
I'm igbo. When I saw the messages flying around about military immunisation trying to do what and what on igbo children, I dismissed it, knowing it is all bunkum.
My only problem with the military is their inability to communicate with the civilian population.
One,for u to immunise children against a disease, it would be something prevalent in the area. And the timing was so wrong. Just after killing innocent civilians in the south east and kidnapping their perceived youth leader Nnamdi Kanu, u come back and forcefully enter primary schools and say u want to inject the children against their parents' wishes on a dis ease or virus they know no thing about.
When I was growing up in northern nigeria, during heat period and there were serious cases of meningitis, the state government would announce on radio and TV where people should go and take immunisation. My parents would drag us by the hand and take us there and all the family would take it. I still remember the experiences.
All those abusing igbos in SE should try and reason and with us. The timing was so wrong. The lack of appropriate sensitisation and communication compounded the issue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by johnnyhandsom(m): 6:40pm On Oct 15, 2017
op get a life.

1 Like

Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by Malawian(m): 6:41pm On Oct 15, 2017
gretblue:

Check what's referred to as Medical Outreach.
We dont want them inside our kid's schools when parents are at work. Who supervises their "Medical Outreach"

2 Likes

Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 15, 2017
MBBS 75% in the bag. In a few years time I will join the military and serve in one of those hospitals listed. So help me God!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by tit(f): 6:47pm On Oct 15, 2017
Op get a life
Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by Afamed: 6:49pm On Oct 15, 2017
eagleeye2:

In your list of military hospitals, only one in the entire southeast region and you think that's enough to pass whatever message you intend to give?
You claimed the Military wants to inject your Children, you still go around without checking the link the Op provided to claim the entire SE has one military hospital. Why are you people full of contradiction like this?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by richmondefosa(m): 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2017
teamsynergy:

Wat about community health workers that administer polio and other imminization...
What about them and how does it relate to my post?
Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by Wiseoldman: 6:55pm On Oct 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It is better to visit a roadside patent medical store than to go to a medical clinic.

Even the doctors and nurses address their patients as 'bloody civilians'.

I once visited Nigeria Naval Hospital Borikiri and I heard the military doctor saying.

" You bloody civilian, dis your drip neva finish,
Lie like a log while I give you your shots".

Joker....how old are you? Hahahahaha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by gretblue: 7:01pm On Oct 15, 2017
meforyou1:
Op, most of those clinics only attend to military personnel and their dependents.
Few of them like the 44 ref military hospital Kaduna attend to civilans from outside.
Op, do u know that some organisations like NNPC have their own hospitals and clinics that perform the same function?
That was then, years back they only attended to only Military officers and their dependants. These days, they have commercialized it for the general public because they need funds for the day to day maintenance of their hospitals and staff. The Military and police hospitals also run on HMO these days. Even the almighty NNPC self has also opened their facilities to the general public in some selected centres.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by eagleu: 7:04pm On Oct 15, 2017
GoodMuyis:
My Last weekend went down with fill disappointment, where a lot of educated folks asked question "When did Military Personnel turn to Medical staff ?" that will be administering Health Service to Civilian, I guess a lot of them were used to Self/Home Treatment with Local Herbs, Local Clinic or Drug store, we should not blame the.

It was a surprise to me too the first time I visited 44 Nigeria Army Reference Hospital, Kaduna, I was to stay overnight with the patient. The next morning, it was time for routine checkup of patients, I saw this Lady/Woman between 35-40 years of age bracket, and in full military Khaki and boot, except that she did not have gun on her, came to examine/questioned the patient I stayed with. She must be a Lieutenant and one of the doctors.

Previously I Knew The Nigeria Armed Force do recruit Medical Personnel, But i did not expect them to be working/depolyed in an Hospital that admitted Civilians. So I dont want to budge you with story, below is a Very Short List of Military (NOT ALL) Clinics and Hospitals in Nigeria, believed me they are one of the best in any state. For example the 44 Nigeria Army Reference Hospital, Kaduna is said to be second best in Kaduna state after General Hospital Shika, Zaria which was among the best in Nigeria.

If you have ever visited any Military Clinics or Hospitals in Nigeria, you will know that are more friendly than our regular Medical Centers

List Source: http://www.medpages.co.za/sf/index.php?page=serviceregion&servicecode=364&countryid=22

For more info visit Defence Health Maintenance Limited Website dhmlnigeria. com

Next time Buhari wan run go London, please advice him to go to one of these useless army reference hospitals. After all Walter Reed Army Hospital, DC has been treating US presidents for years.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by meforyou1(m): 7:07pm On Oct 15, 2017
gretblue:

That was then, years back they only attended to only Military officers and their dependants. These days, they have commercialized it for the general public because they need funds for the day to day maintenance of their hospitals and staff. The Military and police hospitals also run on HMO these days. Even the almighty NNPC self has also opened their facilities to the general public in some selected centres.
will have to confirm that
Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by cutedharmee: 7:19pm On Oct 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It is better to visit a roadside patent medical store than to go to a medical clinic.

Even the doctors and nurses address their patients as 'bloody civilians'.

I once visited Nigeria Naval Hospital Borikiri and I heard the military doctor saying.

" You bloody civilian, dis your drip neva finish,
Lie like a log while I give you your shots".
Dun wanna believe dis
Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by teamsynergy: 7:21pm On Oct 15, 2017
richmondefosa:

What about them and how does it relate to my post?

Y must military immunize people, when we have health workers
Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by gretblue: 7:30pm On Oct 15, 2017
Malawian:

We dont want them inside our kid's schools when parents are at work. Who supervises their "Medical Outreach"
And contrary to the information that was spread, the exercise took place in a church, far from the nearest primary school in the area. The venue of the exercise was St. Michael’s Catholic Church, Amakwa, Ozubulu in Ekwusigo local government area of Anambra State. Indeed, there was an elaborate arrangement for the medical outreach as canopies were mounted and plastic seats hired for those expected to attend. Reverend Father Jude Chetanna Chukwuneke, from Egbema, Ozubulu, who said he witnessed the medical exercise before the confusion set in, said there was nothing wrong with what the Army did as they were only there to help the people medically. Chukwuneke, who works at the College of Medical Sciences, Nnewi Campus of Nnamdi Azikiwe University as a Chaplain said: “I have a first-hand information because I visited the venue of the medical outreach. There was a medical outreach of 62 medical professionals and personnel from 82 Division, Enugu at St Michael’s Catholic Church field, Amakwa Ozubulu. The team had five doctors. “There was proper dissemination of information and authorization from the appropriate authorities. Firstly, the Administrator of Ekwusigo local government area was aware of the exercise. The Obi of Ozubulu invited his council and they approved it. The Obi also dispatched information to all the churches in Ozubulu and they said it was announced in the churches (all denominations). I confirmed for two Catholic parishes. People from these parishes confirmed it in their numbers. “The medical team did not go to any school; they settled at St. Michael’s Catholic Church field, Amakwa, Ozubulu. Let me also say that it was a medical outreach for the entire town. “Apart from the medical professionals, there was a confectionery unit which had food and drinks for those in attendance. More than 10 big sized canopy and seats were set on the field. “There was no taking down of patients’ names; they treated without noting anyone’s identity. “They were only taking vital signs. The dentistry unit had facilities for minor surgeries, while the ophthalmology unit was doing free eye tests and giving free glasses. “They did not go any school and they did not force any person to come for the treatment. Some electronic media houses were there to cover the exercise. They said that the reason Ozubulu was chosen as one of the places for the exercise was to rewrite the bad news of the recent past after some gunmen stormed a church and killed worshippers. Fake news “The question is, who spread this rumour; this fake news? People said the panic reached Emene, Enugu State and parts of Ebonyi. I was personally called by friends from those places. There were people who got wounded in the panic, schools were vacated at Ozubulu, Nnewi and environs. Proprietors of schools from Nnewi called me too. Which social media platforms and groups carried this fake news that caused stampede? “Our people have been deprived free medical services by people who do not love them, but claim they do. When are we going to stop spreading unverified news? Rumour mongering can cause deaths. I am reporting from the venue of the medical outreach”. The cleric also debunked the rumour that some people were shot, stressing that as at 2.00pm when he left the scene, there was not incident of any kind. Worried by the development, which took security operatives in Igboland by surprise, Anambra State Police Command urged residents to ignore the monkey pox hoax. ‘Evil story’ The Command’s Public Relations Officer, Mrs. Nkiru Nwode, said: “Following the rumour being spread by some misguided elements that some persons in soldier uniform invaded schools in Anambra, injecting monkey pox into scholars, the Anambra State Police Command wishes to inform the general public and Ndi-Anambra that the story is false. It is pertinent to note that it is a routine medical outreach by the military. “It is difficult to understand what misguided elements stood to gain from spreading this evil story aimed at truncating the peace of Ndi-Anambra and education of school children. “The Command wishes to assure the general public and Ndi-Anambra of their safety at all times and ask them to disregard such story as hard as they can”. ‘Silly, mischievous publication’ The 82 Division of the Nigerian Army, which is at the center of the entire confusion, also reacted. The Deputy Director of Public Relations in the Division, Col Sagir Musa, said: “The attention of the Army has been drawn to a silly and mischievous publication trending on the social media, alleging that the on-going free medical services we are giving to some communities in the South-Eastern Region of Nigeria is with a sinister motive of depopulating the region through the so called “monkey pox vaccination” purportedly being conducted by the Nigerian Army in the region. “The Division wishes to make it clear that the free medical outreach is not a vaccine intended to infect monkey pox or any major contemporary or emerging diseases in Nigeria to the people of South East or any part of the country. “The exercise is part of the corporate social responsibility initiatives imbued in to the overall Exercise. “Instructively, the free medical services in the region started on the 18th of September 2017 in Nkwaagu community of Abakaliki Local Government Area (LGA) of Ebonyi State. At the event, the Deputy Governor of Ebonyi State, the Chairman of the LGA and some traditional rulers of the benefiting community were there at the flag off of the exercise by the Chief of Army Staff Lieutenant General TY Buratai. “Other areas where the programme was conducted were Ovim in Isoukwato LGA of Abia State, Mbaise in Imo State, Oji River in Enugu and now Ozubulu in Anambra State. In all the mentioned areas, there has not been any recorded incident or complaint of any kind arising from the noble humanitarian gesture of the NA. “Hence, the wicked, ill motivated rumour/ lie is the handiwork of unpatriotic elements who can go to any length to discredit the noble services of the Nigerian Army in the region, which at the moment, they will not succeed. “The 82 Division NA also wishes to thank all the good people of Ozubulu in Ekwusigo LGA including the chairman, Engineer Ofademe Ikenna and the Honourable Commissioner for Health Anambra State, Dr Joe Akabuike who turned out enmass to grace/ benefit from the exercise. Also our appreciation to the Anambra State National Coordinator of Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme Dr Okafor for gracing the occasion and commended the exercise. The public is hereby please requested to disregard the wicked rumour for the good of the people.” ‘Misconception’ Anambra State government also spoke on the incident, through the Secretary to the State Government, SSG, Professor Solo Chukwulobelu, directing the suspension of the exercise so that the people would be made to understand that it was part of Army’s social responsibility to members of the public. He said: “Strong apprehension among the populace has followed the exercise leading to withdrawal of students from schools by parents, misconception of the actual motive behind the exercise by stakeholders, community leaders and a general reservation by the public for whom the outreach is intended. “To this end and to ensure no further escalation of the situation, His Excellency the Governor, Chief Willie Obiano has contacted the Army Authorities and advised for immediate stoppage of the medical outreach until wide sensitization is conducted to reassure people of its intentions and benefits. The exercise has therefore been put on hold. “Parents and guardians are strongly advised to stop withdrawing their wards from schools as the situation has been handled. All schools within the State will remain open as there is no cause for alarm! Community leaders, “Presidents General and all stakeholders are reassured of the commitment of the Governor and the State Government to the wellbeing of Ndi Anambra. The State Government also strongly condemns observed rhetoric on social media completely misrepresenting the situation with insinuations of spread of diseases and death of students in schools arising from the exercise. The state categorically refutes these rhetorics and confirms that there is no death of any student anywhere in the state. Mischief makers are warned to desist from spreading falsehood. Anambra remains calm and peaceful!” Following the assurance from the state government, normalcy returned the following day as schools resumed without hitches in all parts of the state. But despite the assurances, some pessimists still believed there was more to the medical outreach by the Army than met the eye. To them, there was no justifiable reason for the military to begin such an exercise while the brouhaha over the Operation Python Dance 11 was still going on. Commotion in S-East over ‘vaccine'The entire South East zone is currently in commotion, following widespread rumour alleging invasion of schools by men dressed in military uniform and allegedly injecting pupils and students to death with an unknown vaccine linked to monkey pox.October 12, 2017In "Headlines"Alleged killer vaccine: Schools resume in S-East states, record low turn-outAwka—SCHOOLS resumed, yesterday, in South-East states after Wednesday’s commotion following the commencement of medical mission by the Nigerian Army in the geo-political zone.October 13, 2017In "News"No monkey pox in Enugu — Health CommissionerEnugu State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Fintan Ekochin, has dismissed rumour making the rounds that there was a reported case of monkey pox in the state.October 11

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/monkey-pox-injection-hoax-swept-igboland/
Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by Originality007: 7:32pm On Oct 15, 2017
and y is Akure not there?
Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by gretblue: 7:33pm On Oct 15, 2017
teamsynergy:

And do see any military immunising any Children at the said Medical outreach or you just believe the hearsay you heard from Chinedu at Upper Iweka?
Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by gretblue: 7:40pm On Oct 15, 2017
meforyou1:
will have to confirm that
Kindly do my brother. Information is the key, I have seen and benefitted from it.
Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by GoodMuyis(m): 7:50pm On Oct 15, 2017
eagleu:

Next time Buhari wan run go London, please advice him to go to one of these useless army reference hospitals. After all Walter Reed Army Hospital, DC has been treating US presidents for years.

Do you want Him to be Assassinated, or be treated by Doctors who will compromise?

That's the reason for travelling abroad
Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by Sleyanya1(m): 7:51pm On Oct 15, 2017
Nice one. I needed this information.
Glad to know Port Harcourt got many.
Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by richmondefosa(m): 7:53pm On Oct 15, 2017
teamsynergy:

And what harm is there in the military doing it? Ever heard of corporate social responsibility?
Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by GoodMuyis(m): 7:56pm On Oct 15, 2017
teamsynergy:

Are you slow or what, were are trying to educate you guys that those that came were professional in Medicine Science I mean BSC, which make them qualified Health Worker
Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by GoodMuyis(m): 8:00pm On Oct 15, 2017
jamesharryson:
Even the polio inoculation, that is well known, it will be well publicised and not only that, the government still employ individuals that the people may know well, train them and then supervise them to do the work. Do you people also know that some people have personal doctors?

The exercise as was done in Bayesla state, they did not force anybody to come out, people came out willingly, and same approach was followed this time around.

The problem came from false news being passed in WhatsApp, it reached me but I deleted it

2 Likes

Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by tonio2wo: 8:09pm On Oct 15, 2017
GoodMuyis:
My Last weekend went down with fill disappointment, where a lot of educated folks asked question "When did Military Personnel turn to Medical staff ?" that will be administering Health Service to Civilian, I guess a lot of them were used to Self/Home Treatment with Local Herbs, Local Clinic or Drug store, we should not blame the.

It was a surprise to me too the first time I visited 44 Nigeria Army Reference Hospital, Kaduna, I was to stay overnight with the patient. The next morning, it was time for routine checkup of patients, I saw this Lady/Woman between 35-40 years of age bracket, and in full military Khaki and boot, except that she did not have gun on her, came to examine/questioned the patient I stayed with. She must be a Lieutenant and one of the doctors.

Previously I Knew The Nigeria Armed Force do recruit Medical Personnel, But i did not expect them to be working/depolyed in an Hospital that admitted Civilians. So I dont want to budge you with story, below is a Very Short List of Military (NOT ALL) Clinics and Hospitals in Nigeria, believed me they are one of the best in any state. For example the 44 Nigeria Army Reference Hospital, Kaduna is said to be second best in Kaduna state after General Hospital Shika, Zaria which was among the best in Nigeria.

If you have ever visited any Military Clinics or Hospitals in Nigeria, you will know that are more friendly than our regular Medical Centers

List Source: http://www.medpages.co.za/sf/index.php?page=serviceregion&servicecode=364&countryid=22

thank you very much! we know these hospitals have been existing for a very long time but let me ask you do they offer free medical services in these hospitals?

1 Like

Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by castrol180(m): 8:10pm On Oct 15, 2017
GoodMuyis:

When you referred to Kaduna military hospital as the second best to the general hospital, then why can't the northern leaders be patronising it? Why traveling out with our tax money to overseas countries in order to treat their goro teeth (kola nut) bodies?
Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by arinzos(m): 8:12pm On Oct 15, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Are you slow or what, were are trying to educate you guys that those that came were professional in Medicine Science I mean BSC, which make them qualified Health Worker
What do you mean by educating you guys? I know that there are medical personnels in the military.The questions are, were the people communicated/sensitized? Was there any epidemic in the region? Most people will be claiming as if they know any better.What happened in the SE is simple survival instincts.What the military did is still fresh and that same military wants to immunize/vaccinate the children.NOBODY SHOULD EVER SAY THE SOUTHEAST ARE BACKWARD BECAUSE YOU ALL ARE NOT ANY BETTER.
Re: List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria by tonio2wo: 8:15pm On Oct 15, 2017
KendrickAyomide:
the people don't want army injection, they should inject them selves

they will do just that cos they have always been doing so. thank you! undecided

why dint buhari go for them to inject him?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Saved By Doctors From Impaled Handle Of A Sledgehammer In Imo (Graphic Photo / Monkeys Snatch Coronavirus Blood Samples Of Patients In India / Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.