Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? (2171 Views)

Zimbabwe’s Mugabe Shouts “we Are Not Gays!” During U.N. Speech / Uganda's Ugliest Man, Godfrey Baguma Welcomes 8th Child With His 2nd Wife (pic) / Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by omofat: 2:41pm On Mar 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

Wipe them off and lets concentrate on educating Ugandans about HIV and it's dangers.

Finally, I've gotten you to state your real position.

Just one side note. After wiping them all out, there will be no need for this education you propose cuz all the HIVers would be dead  grin

I blame the donor and the recipient of your Y chromosomes.
The money spent on your education shoulda been used to buy condoms to prevent an autistic savant like you populating the planet.

The Lord bless you sir, grin grin grin
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by Sauron1: 2:44pm On Mar 12, 2010
omo~fat:

Finally, I've gotten you to state your real position.
Just one side note. After wiping them all out, there will be no need for this education you propose cuz all the HIVers would be dead  grin

All the HIVers in Uganda will be dead but the citizens of Uganda will be ready to deal with foreign HIVers attempting to start the transmission all over again. I mean foreign forces like you.
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 12, 2010
Na waooo
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by omofat: 2:51pm On Mar 12, 2010
Na real wa oo
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by XKZ(m): 3:56pm On Mar 12, 2010
@ Ranks007

I too get the impression poeple come to NL to exhibit attitude the wouldn't dare display in real life.
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 12, 2010
XKZ:

@ Ranks007

I too get the impression poeple come to NL to exhibit attitude the wouldn't dare display in real life.

Long before now, all formin' Rambo. I bet bro they would not dare to do so real lyfe, I mean big-time!
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by omofat: 4:06pm On Mar 12, 2010
Ranks007:

Long before now, all formin' Rambo. I bet bro they would not dare to do so real lyfe, I mean big-time!

Guy, nobody forming rambo here. Sometimes passion runs high. Thank God for people like you to help calm things down. I appreciate>

We're moving away from the issue though.

I respectfully asked you to explain to me how killing all gays was justice, since as you say, the arc of moral kinikan bends towards justice. I still await an answer
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 12, 2010
omo~fat:

@Ranks007 - I am really trying but I honestly don't know where to start with you. You are both ignorant and clownish at the same time, which really can be a fatal combination.

Because Mr Oladukun said it, therefore it must be true?

Because it was said on CBN or the 700 club, it is gospel?

Atleast now I understand why you've taken your position. You cite one of the vilest, most hate-filled, rightwing TV programs in the world to justify your hatred of gay people.

Your signature talks about the arc of kinikan tending towards justice. Please 'splain to me how killing all gays represents justice?

I too mean no contempt sir - apologies for the name calling.  cool

If we want to go into religion we argue out our lives!!!

the sole reason I choose to use that signature, is everything you do in life boils down to Justice, moral deficiency and all that, your justice is human, but my justice its meaning its self explanatory, be it good or bad, capital or due process diplomatic-law-court human right type, for every sin or flaw there is a punishment that equals it.

1. A man sleeping with animals -  punishment = death

2. Gay man or woman - punishment = death

3. Looting - punishment = Court wahala = Imprisonment, etc

Seeoooo the moral universe is very, very long to satisfy, that's why persons lack the virtues to sustain pure morality on God's earth, but in as much as you can't exercise it, my brother justice that equals your type of sin is waiting for you just at the end of your journey, if not by God, then certainly by man, for any evil committed by man under the sun can never go unreplied.
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by omofat: 4:55pm On Mar 12, 2010
Ranks007:

If we want to go into religion we argue out our lives!!!

We can argue religion if you want. To be clear, I am a heterosexual, christian male who doesn't agree with being gay and regard it as a sin.

Having said that, If the brand of christianity you subscribe to is the intolerant kind advocated by Pat Robertson and his ilk on CBN, etc, then this is a debate I'm very happy to have.

the sole reason I choose to use that signature, is everything you do in life boils down to Justice, moral deficiency and all that, your justice is human, but my justice its meaning its self explanatory, be it good or bad, capital or due process diplomatic-law-court human right type, for every sin or flaw there is a punishment that equals it.

1. A man sleeping with animals -  punishment = death

2. Gay man or woman - punishment = death

3. Looting - punishment = Court wahala = Imprisonment, etc

Seeoooo the moral universe is very, very long to satisfy, that's why persons lack the virtues to sustain pure morality down God's earth, but in as much you can't exercise it, my brother justice that equals your type of sin is waiting for you just at the end of your journey, if not by God, then certainly by man, for any evil committed by man under the sun can never go unreplied.

This punishment you refer to here, is it to be meted out by man? - or is God the final arbiter of this your justice?

I'm sure you will quickly refer to sodom and gomorrah. Was it Man or God who destroyed the city? (it was God by the way).
- Why do we as men suddenly think we can do God's work for him?? How are we different from the Taleban and other such extremists who claim to kill on behalf on their God? - I'm sorry o. My own God came and died for me. I dont need to blow myself or anyone else up for him - gay or not.

You use all this simple equations to trivialize something that is pretty serious and widespread. If we killed everyone who sinned (make no mistakes about it - sin is sin o.), gosh i really wonder who else would remain on this earth. You go on and on about this your justice. Where is your mercy? - people who bleat on and on about justice without mercy usually need to be very very careful.

if not by God, then certainly by man
My goodness! - i really cant get past this quote. That even if God decides to let some things slide, that man will still hold it against one?

No wonder David said it was better to fall into the hands of God but prayed not to fall into the hands of man (2 sam 24:14).

Guy, think about your position again please. Kill all gays? -  ALL ?? - remember that african saying about those who point one finger at others!
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 12, 2010
^^^Beg for understanding son, logical direction is missing in your replies, gather them

If God does not directly punish a man, he uses a man like you and me to do the Job, I quote David who said Oh lord set him an evil man over him, abi u never hear cunny man die, cunny man bury, or you not being reading  the bible for instances where God divinely sets one man  above the other to repay him or her evils, what happened to Saul and his cohorts, even when david refuse to touch the "Lord's anointed", what about Jezebel and the 70 sons of Ahab and Ahab the King, what happened to the King of Egypt, have you forgotten, just in case, God swore to make the Assyrian King over tightly strong to enable him conquer Egypt (world power of their tyme) and when he became too strong "through God" he began to brag wanting to extend his army to Israel, God killed 187 grand of them,

Don't forget Nebuchadnezzar when the was no other King to march his prowess God did it all alone, if man is not in place to judge, why granting mercy?

the only challenge in the case of Uganda law polity, is involving an innocent soul.

Lastly, what is Justice? Justice and Mercy are two different things, the word mercy is divine not in mans making.

I hope you have learnt alot
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by omofat: 7:35pm On Mar 12, 2010
@Ranks
I have learnt quite a bit, I must admit. Although it takes awhile to get through your posts because they can be incoherent sometimes. Please don't take that personally. I don't mean it as an insult.
I think we'll have to leave this issue now. You believe your God has installed you on earth to deal with all the gays. You're well within your rights to believe that.
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by Dolemite(f): 9:10pm On Mar 12, 2010
When the Americans made it illegal for inter racial marriages, they use the bible to defend themselves, slavery was also defended by the bible. . .seems like every discriminatory action can be defended by the bible.

1 Like

Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by omofat: 9:12pm On Mar 12, 2010
Dolemite:

When the Americans made it illegal for inter racial marriages, they use the bible to defend themselves, slavery was also defended by the bible. . .seems like every discriminatory action can be defended by the bible.

God bless you
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 13, 2010
omo~fat:

@Ranks
I have learnt quite a bit, I must admit. Although it takes awhile to get through your posts because they can be incoherent sometimes. Please don't take that personally. I don't mean it as an insult.
I think we'll have to leave this issue now. You believe your God has installed you on earth to deal with all the gays. You're well within your rights to believe that.

Nope, nope brother, when I remember they are sects of humans mastering the act of sexual perversion, I think my children my generation my unborn individuals, I will deploy all tactics to make sure kids and my kids kids stay on course without mingling with this viper. The family blood must be clean as it is. Yes quite true a bit, sometimes I can be impatient when it come to connecting my discourse. Thank you.

God never installed me on earth to make war with the fagz, if the gospel is not enough for them, their God stand to repay them.But have it in mind that Nigerians will be liberated from the present political oppression, It is not my mandate either it is that of God but if we join hands together to archive one accord, it won't be long when we'll realize our fate has landed us a mandate,

It bends towards justice
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 13, 2010
@ Ranks,your statment about animals is incorrect.
Homosexual courtship between two males is actually quite common in giraffes.Homosexual relationships occur with about 50% of all male giraffes, while only 1% of female giraffes engage in same sex relations.
So many we should kill all giraffes too
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 13, 2010
Since Homosexuals are not forcing people to join them, it should not even be a crime, its a life choice.
While I as a Christian recognise that is a sin, it's a sin against God and not man.
If Uganda is a secular State they should not be executing people based on morality
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 13, 2010
tatiana009:

Homosexual courtship between two males is actually quite common in giraffes.Homosexual relationships occur with about 50% of all male giraffes, while only 1% of female giraffes engage in same intimacy relations.

Are you kidding me, grin grin

Oh, I never knew that, let search that  online, wait,

Ok lets assume it is true, so humans males should pledge support to homosexuality since giraffes mate or whatever crazy copulation dey do abi?  What the hell, so the female giraffes don't mate any more!!!

Sounds strange
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 13, 2010
tatiana009:

Since Homosexuals are not forcing people to join them, it should not even be a crime, its a life choice.
While I as a Christian recognise that is a sin, it's a sin against God and not man.
If Uganda is a secular State they should not be executing people based on morality

Are you sure you're a xtian??

I never wanted to answer you but the highlighted part of your message forced me to do so, God created man in his Image and likeness, I hope you should be able to decipher the two. That's makes any sin a sin against God. But the sin against man is, one committed with your body, an image of the sovereign Creator and humanity representing man, you have sin against yourself most importantly, and extending it to another, is a sin against the fellow and humanity. Okay. Look read the new testament the epistles of the apostles, you will learn that you will be punished is you lure anyone to sin, a punishment for your victim and you,

So tell me why it is not a sin against man?
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 13, 2010
@ Ranks yes I am a Christian and while God warned us not to join people in sinning he did not tell us to kill people on his behalf.
Homosexuality is not a sin against man because as long as its done by two consenting adults it's their problem not yours.
By the way why dat means than fornication should as well be a capital offense.
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 13, 2010
tatiana009:

Homosexual courtship between two males is actually quite common in giraffes.Homosexual relationships occur with about 50% of all male giraffes, while only 1% of female giraffes engage in same intimacy relations.

Yeah thanks for that info, its called necking, giraffes nonsense breed, but it happens to 1 in every 20 males, Wikipedia my source
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 13, 2010
tatiana009:

@ Ranks yes I am a Christian and while God warned us not to join people in sinning he did not tell us to kill people on his behalf.
Homosexuality is not a sin against man because as long as its done by two consenting adults it's their problem not yours.
By the way why dat means than fornication should as well be a capital offense.

Pleaze read thru the tread, especially my comments, any sexual perversion is an abomination, fornication is not, remember I did not enact the law, I just supported it,  though I'm not adamant to fair hearings grin
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by bawomolo(m): 8:02am On Mar 14, 2010
when our grandkids are studying african history, this would definitely be looked at as Africa's dark age.

i guess the gays are a major problem in Uganda. Lets see if they would enforce this law.
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 27, 2010
thats just totally inhuman. this just proves how backward Africa is. every one has the right to express their sexuality just as we all have the freedom of speech.its even more funny coming from an African country like Uganda who have soooooooo many other more important issues to focus on. homosexuality should be the list of their problems now. its not like i support gays but its an issue of morality which has nothing to do with nothing to do with politics.
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by agathamari(f): 6:22pm On Apr 28, 2010
reminiscent of the witch trial days. you get in an argument with your neighbor just call him gay and let them kill him
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by Horus(m): 11:40pm On Apr 28, 2010
Uganda just passed a bill condenming gays to death penalty. what do Y'all think?

Death penalty should be for Corruption only.
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by Afroconnect: 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2013
Dolemite: That's just too much, who are they to pass judgement on morality, gay people are not hurting anyone, why kill them. The government should have no business deciding how people chose to live their lives in the bedroom. So it's gays today, what next? anal sex between a man and a woman? or should a law be passed that only the missionary position is to be allowed? pathetic. Uganda should worry more about it's failing economy.
i would advise you don't visit Nigeria,Uganda and the likes-gays/lesbos are not allowed here.
Re: Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? by anonymous6(f): 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2013
I didn't know it was already passed, I thought it was still for debate

(1) (2) (Reply)

Trump To Reporter: 'you Are A Terrible Person' / Nigerian Involved In Marriage Scam In The Uk / Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.