Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today (30321 Views)

Peter Obi Encouraged Me To Start Producing Suvs / How Nairaland Changed My Life..special Thanks To Victor101. / What Recommended Business On Nairaland Has Worked For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by andersyn: 7:58am On Oct 16, 2017
Hello Nairalanders

With a joyful heart, I write to you today. I am a young architect from Edo state who graduated 2015 but still awaiting service in the NYSC. I have made some money working as an architect even while in School. I graduated September 11 2015 but still no service as at July 2017. I became very confused on what to to. I love business but I didn't want to venture into it and then only to be called to service.

I was confused on what to do. I visit nairaland everyday and it just happened that some motivational topics about business kept on hitting the front page that period, saying that it is never too early to start up. I became inspired after reading this particular article https://www.nairaland.com/3860484/5-habits-kill-entrepreneurial-dream it really inspired me.

So I started my search online on sneakers, pams and sandals. I wanted to go into footwear sales as this kind of shop will be unique in a town with so many boutique stores but no footwear shop. I started downloading images of different sneakers and identifying myself with them. After enough research online. I decided to get more educated about business so I traveled to see a friend from edo who now lives in kaduna. My motive of visiting was to see how business was over there and to learn everything I could. To cut the story short, I had my mind completely made up when one day I saw a man selling mangoes under a tree. He was so happy and I thought to myself, '' if this man can start from selling mangoes, then who I'm i to say I don't have enough to set up a business. I came back home and began my search for a vacant shop. I couldn't get one on the ground floor so I took a spot upstairs. It was a new building so I tiled te floor, painted and made some shoe shelves.

I'd like to show you pictures of the development of my shop and encourage youths that whatever capital you have, it is not too small to start up, remember that some people are doing business with less than you have. Please moderators should help edit this post and also encourage young ones out there, please help out this on front page.

Welcome to Lux Astoria Footwears

177 Likes 23 Shares

Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by andersyn: 8:02am On Oct 16, 2017
More photos

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 16, 2017
This is one of the beauty of Nairaland.
This is just so inspiring.
This is just the beginning of your success my guy!
Thumbs up to 'we' entrepreneurs in the buiding.
God bless our hustles.

Where are you based?
Getting some Xmas and New years sneakers from you man!!
Lux Astoria Footwears, here I come!

247 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by BreezyCB(m): 8:06am On Oct 16, 2017
Wonderful

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by wahles(m): 8:07am On Oct 16, 2017
U just inspired me 2

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 16, 2017
Do you import and sell here or you make them here from some good cobblers or you do the both?
Really inspiring!

7 Likes

Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by Xcelinteriors(f): 8:41am On Oct 16, 2017
Waow this is so inspiring.

2 Likes

Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by Kizyte(m): 9:18am On Oct 16, 2017
God bless your hustle bro!

Lalasticlala where you dey? Or must I mention your password? Sna.... grin show this brother some love abeg, e no easy!

Mynd44 where you dey? Front page please.

Indeed behind every successful man, there is a woman. I can see a woman behind grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by TellMeNothing: 10:25am On Oct 16, 2017
Call me for some motivation when it gets to FP grin

Big ups my man, i de tex homes na Business be the way forward...

Lalastic....

7 Likes

Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 16, 2017
Congrats dear.

May you always know expansion and not setback.

14 Likes

Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by JazzMode: 10:40am On Oct 16, 2017
Wow! Op, your thread too is so inspiring. Keep up the good work.
Don't forget to keep your your eyes on the target and dont lose focus.
Tough times may lurk ahead but with determination you will get there.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by computerboy: 12:15pm On Oct 16, 2017
Starting is the hardest bro... Congratulations

But don't stop here, look further.... You can start making your own shoes. Zara started like this

13 Likes

Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by donblade85555(m): 12:16pm On Oct 16, 2017
congrats... one thing is to open the store, another is to get customers........We pray you get ur customers, oya say amen

anyway for funny jokes and riddles that will make you laugh like a mad man visit www.laughkillme.com

4 Likes

Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 16, 2017
Congrats
Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by Ymodulus: 12:17pm On Oct 16, 2017
Sad truth is this is not a business. Business of this likes do not prompt growth. They kill innovation and growth and eventually death.

Am sorry bro. But in all congratulations

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by dreamworld: 12:17pm On Oct 16, 2017
Nice one
Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by dirolad(m): 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2017
Inspired over here cool
Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by LUGBE: 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2017
Congrats and success
Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by Ajicold(f): 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2017
Wow! This is so cool congrat
Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by LifeofAirforce(m): 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2017
Nice
Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by sylva1(m): 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2017
Weldone man, keep this up. By this, you have imspired a whole lot of people to start something however small. I wish you the very best!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2017
And you already have a girl by your side. grin shocked

4 Likes

Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by eph12(m): 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2017
Nice one! I hope those are locally made and creating opportunities for creative cobblers too. If not there's no big deal here

1 Like

Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by OldBeer: 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2017
Ymodulus:
Sad truth is this is not a business. Business of this likes do not prompt growth. They kill innovation and growth and eventually death.

Please explain more.

6 Likes

Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by KehnnyCares(m): 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2017
This is what I call "Slay King" and not those jobless online troll fighting on what is not.

God bless you bro, Na football jersey dey rock my world and I'm proud of it. Making cool cash without Complaints after starting the business with just 50k

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by obowunmi(m): 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2017
Congratulations ~
Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by Alexgeneration(m): 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2017
Congratulations Bro
Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by Adaomalight(f): 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2017
Nice one
Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by Mission2prosper: 12:22pm On Oct 16, 2017
Ymodulus:

what do you advice sir?
Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by cybertyrant(m): 12:22pm On Oct 16, 2017
if man must chop,man must hustle

1 Like

Re: How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today by joystickextendr: 12:22pm On Oct 16, 2017
Congrats bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What To Invest 5 Million Or 10,000,000 Naira Into? / Crude Oil: A Blessing To Nigeria or a Curse? / Dangote Cement Plant Launched In Addis Ababa (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.