Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,956 members, 7,814,242 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency (55288 Views)

How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man / How To Identify A Fake Naira Note (Video) / I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Nobody: 1:48am On Oct 17, 2017
Bros, never in your life do such again. A friend of mine did same, but he never returned to tell the story- his corpse was found in the corner of a stream.

Ogaezy:
I succeeded in purchasing a good laptop at ikeja computer village last week after a long time saving up. My sister helped me waybill it down to where I am which caused me a lot of stress because I had to stay up all night waiting for the waybill to arrive which did around 12:23pm late in the night. I actually got the laptop at a good price and mind started telling me to play smart by reselling it and make profit, I was also encourage to do so by my uncles too, maybe I can start trading like that, who knows. So I concurred, took pictures of the laptop and advertised it online, and almost immediately a call came in from Mr ACHO NDUBUISI who alleged he's a military officer serving in Enugu (Army).

After negotiation, we agreed on a price which I was happy about because of the profit I was going to make out of the deal. Mr ACHO wanted the laptop same day the advert went up which was on Friday 13th but told me that the nature of his job won't permit him to meet with me but rather suggested we meet in the evening of the next day been Saturday 14th at Okigwe which I agreed to. I got a call from him on Saturday at about 4:45pm that he's on his way to okigwe and that I should start coming. I went to the park and boarded a bus going to okigwe, before my bus took off it was almost night at about few minutes to 7o'clock, I wanted to cancel the appointment but I didn't want to disappoint this man I took the risk and arrived at Okigwe at almost 8pm.

I meet with Mr ACHO who went through the laptop(Hp 4530s) and asked if it's in good condition and I said yes, he paid me, I counted the money, it was complete and I hurried to board a bus back home because it was getting late already. Inside the bus I was having the feeling to check the money again but who counts huge cash if up-to 75k in a public transport when it's night already. I shook off the urge and got home, I didn't check the money again until Monday morning which was my mistake.

Monday morning, I hurried over my bath, and rushed to the bank to make the deposit into my account only for me to hear the cashier ask HIA, WHO GAVE YOU THIS MONEY OGA and WHERE DID YOU GET IT FROM, immediately I was confused, it was all fake currencies except for one note which was good but was placed ontop. I felt hot sweat leaving my body as I became so uncomfortable, I was referred to the branch manager who inspected the money all over again and affirmed to it FAKENNESS, I felt something like tears trying to obstruct my sight when I heard I was going to be arrested for circulation of fake currency. I explained everything to the manager who took pity on me and allowed me out of the bank.

I had to start calling Mr Acho only for him to deny that he never gave me fake 1000 naira note currencies in 75k pieces. I was shocked, after explaining everything to about my innocence in our deal he started threatening me, that I should come to Enugu so he can deal with me with his colleagues (Army), that I'm accusing him a Federal officer for giving me fake currencies.

Right now I'm in a state of mixed feelings but I decided to write this so that my fellow Nairalanders can learn from my mistake and also for people seeking their wares online to be mindful of MR ACHO NDUBUISI and his likes who goes about to dupe people with fake Nigerian Currencies.
As for Mr Acho, I leave his case with GOd who judges rightly.

Attached is the picture of the receipt and laptop I sold to him.

Plz moderators help me move this to the front page so others can learn. I don't know which forum to post it.

Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Carlmax(m): 2:34am On Oct 17, 2017
madgoat:

Only a greedy person can experience what the OP experienced grin

How was he greedy
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by greatman247(m): 3:08am On Oct 17, 2017
Its inexperience that killed you, not greed persay. If one does business, its normal to make profit. Next time don't transact at night and also choose a public place as your location and don't ever accept cash. Tell him to make instant transfer from his fone using bank app or going over to the bank to do it. Well even if its clear you may not get your money back still report the scammer to the police, give them his phone number his real info will come out if traced using the phone number. Don't allow his threat to deter you OK. Again sorry for your loss, just get over it.
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by 400billionman: 3:14am On Oct 17, 2017
Ogaezy:

I didn't paste the number for people to call them, it's just for people to be aware of the number.... And secondly it wasn't greed that drove me, it's business and one has to make profit no matter the amount.

That thing you did was not business..

You should limit ur movements at night.

You might have been kidnapped or even killed..

Again, your story lacks credibility. You posted pictures of two different laptops. So which of them did Acho pay for ?
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by CaptainFM1: 3:16am On Oct 17, 2017
simplyhonest:
fraud everywhere....

Too bad. As Christmas is fast approaching scammers and evil ones are already devising several means to swindle the people.
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by 2016v2017: 4:21am On Oct 17, 2017
eezeribe:
From the post,you did not tell us where you actually reside....
A military officer serving in Enugu,called you to meet him in Okigwe(Imo State) in the evening...
You boarded a bus that late and started travelling (from God knows where to Okigwe)
Are you sure you were not hypnotised throughout the course of the transaction?
Or were you overwhelmed by the desire to make mad profit?
Whatever the case may have been,sorry for the scam and be more careful next time...
As for the fraudster,Nigerians would always hail him and blame you the victim...
But one day God will expose him.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Bullhari007(m): 5:03am On Oct 17, 2017
op your head is not correct, so at your age you can't differentiate real money from fake you must be high on ijebu weed that day... meanwhile the guy gave you fake name, no experience is a waste.. now you are fully in control

1 Like

Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Nobody: 5:30am On Oct 17, 2017
Dear Ogaezy,
1. Accept my sympathy.
2. Avoid night deals in the future.
3. Remember you aren't the only one who wants to make money. Someone with access to the internet offering such amount to make you such profit should raise your suspicion.
4. Listen to your instincts. They represent God's voice.
5. Most importantly, always insist on electronic payment for amounts over #10,000. It makes life a lot easier.

I wish luck in your future endeavours.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by aguyph: 5:32am On Oct 17, 2017
iliyande:
Wow...
This is extreme wickedness
Sorry bro.. lesson to all do not agree a deal in the dark hours even with your closest associate
i hope you made 100 percent profit.
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Ranti419: 5:35am On Oct 17, 2017
Gtbank is milking my savings account oooo

Somebody help
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by ConcernedNL: 5:39am On Oct 17, 2017
Ogaezy:
I succeeded in purchasing a good laptop at ikeja computer village last week after a long time saving up. My sister helped me waybill it down to where I am which caused me a lot of stress because I had to stay up all night waiting for the waybill to arrive which did around 12:23pm late in the night. I actually got the laptop at a good price and mind started telling me to play smart by reselling it and make profit, I was also encourage to do so by my uncles too, maybe I can start trading like that, who knows. So I concurred, took pictures of the laptop and advertised it online, and almost immediately a call came in from Mr ACHO NDUBUISI who alleged he's a military officer serving in Enugu (Army).

After negotiation, we agreed on a price which I was happy about because of the profit I was going to make out of the deal. Mr ACHO wanted the laptop same day the advert went up which was on Friday 13th but told me that the nature of his job won't permit him to meet with me but rather suggested we meet in the evening of the next day been Saturday 14th at Okigwe which I agreed to. I got a call from him on Saturday at about 4:45pm that he's on his way to okigwe and that I should start coming. I went to the park and boarded a bus going to okigwe, before my bus took off it was almost night at about few minutes to 7o'clock, I wanted to cancel the appointment but I didn't want to disappoint this man I took the risk and arrived at Okigwe at almost 8pm.

I meet with Mr ACHO who went through the laptop(Hp 4530s) and asked if it's in good condition and I said yes, he paid me, I counted the money, it was complete and I hurried to board a bus back home because it was getting late already. Inside the bus I was having the feeling to check the money again but who counts huge cash if up-to 75k in a public transport when it's night already. I shook off the urge and got home, I didn't check the money again until Monday morning which was my mistake.

Monday morning, I hurried over my bath, and rushed to the bank to make the deposit into my account only for me to hear the cashier ask HIA, WHO GAVE YOU THIS MONEY OGA and WHERE DID YOU GET IT FROM, immediately I was confused, it was all fake currencies except for one note which was good but was placed ontop. I felt hot sweat leaving my body as I became so uncomfortable, I was referred to the branch manager who inspected the money all over again and affirmed to it FAKENNESS, I felt something like tears trying to obstruct my sight when I heard I was going to be arrested for circulation of fake currency. I explained everything to the manager who took pity on me and allowed me out of the bank.

I had to start calling Mr Acho only for him to deny that he never gave me fake 1000 naira note currencies in 75k pieces. I was shocked, after explaining everything to about my innocence in our deal he started threatening me, that I should come to Enugu so he can deal with me with his colleagues (Army), that I'm accusing him a Federal officer for giving me fake currencies.

Right now I'm in a state of mixed feelings but I decided to write this so that my fellow Nairalanders can learn from my mistake and also for people seeking their wares online to be mindful of MR ACHO NDUBUISI and his likes who goes about to dupe people with fake Nigerian Currencies.

Plz moderators help me move this to the front page so others can learn. I don't know which forum to post it.

Follow it up get him arrested. He is a criminal not an officer of anything it's all part of the scam.
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by frubben(m): 5:55am On Oct 17, 2017
Ogaezy:

always stick wit transfer, d guy I bought ps3 from nigga no gree collect money oooooo, him say na only transfer and u go do am for him present. So bro don't tink tooo much mistake are dere to make us better
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Malawian(m): 6:11am On Oct 17, 2017
Bros, if you can't recognize fake money even in the dark, you are not ready to start business.
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Ezebinaugwu(m): 6:24am On Oct 17, 2017
Ogaezy:

I didn't paste the number for people to call them, it's just for people to be aware of the number.... And secondly it wasn't greed that drove me, it's business and one has to make profit no matter the amount.

Oga Na over greediness kill you, next time don't be so greedy again
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by seyibullion: 6:40am On Oct 17, 2017
my friend don't mind the dude above you, who does business without making profit, everything is greed when it comes to making money, like you bought it with stone and not money
accept my sympathy and move on he will be caught dinner than later
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by femi4: 6:50am On Oct 17, 2017
Deseo:

Stop calling him greedy, it's wrong of you. This man has suffered and you're calling him names, he just wanted to do honest business and a wicked soul scammed him. Don't add to his grief.
He's greedy and desperate. Thats just the plane truth
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Ogaezy(m): 6:56am On Oct 17, 2017
chieni:
oops too bad. can't you involve the police?

The bank can't release of keep the money for me to make a case. They said they're going to spread it immediately. So I don't have any prove
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Ogaezy(m): 6:58am On Oct 17, 2017
eagleonearth:
bro don't worry. God will find a way of providing you what you lost if you trust him to do so. As for that guy, he has taken all your problems, go and rejoice even though it is painful now. Nothing happens without teaching us a lesson in this life. We choose to learn or not, that is the difference between wisdom and foolishness. I stay in lagos and also sell and buy things in the e-market. Choose daytime for your transactions and count your money while observing them well to make sure they are not counterfeit. Always choose a public place like eatry. Goodluck in your subsequent transactions.

Thanks
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Ogaezy(m): 6:59am On Oct 17, 2017
Carlmax:

How was he greedy

So are you saying that anyone who buys and resells is greedy?
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by alabiyemmy(m): 7:01am On Oct 17, 2017
Cashless next time or no deal.
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Ogaezy(m): 7:04am On Oct 17, 2017
400billionman:

That thing you did was not business..

You should limit ur movements at night.

You might have been kidnapped or even killed..

Again, your story lacks credibility. You posted pictures of two different laptops. So which of them did Acho pay for ?

Lalasticlacla, Mynd44, Seun, this poster may be lieing and looking for money. Investigate and remove story if false..

The picture of that laptop is the same, I used a photo resizer app to reduce the size of the picture so it can be uploaded cos going by the pixel of my phone the size will be too large to be uploaded here. But you can go and check for HP 4530s. That the name of the laptop. Also I would have snapped the money too if I still have it but it's with the bank now.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Ogaezy(m): 7:05am On Oct 17, 2017
Fit2Rule:
Dear Ogaezy,
1. Accept my sympathy.
2. Avoid night deals in the future.
3. Remember you aren't the only one who wants to make money. Someone with access to the internet offering such amount to make you such profit should raise your suspicion.
4. Listen to your instincts. They represent God's voice.
5. Most importantly, always insist on electronic payment for amounts over #10,000. It makes life a lot easier.

I wish luck in your future endeavours.

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Ogaezy(m): 7:06am On Oct 17, 2017
Ezebinaugwu:

Oga Na over greediness kill you, next time don't be so greedy again

Can you explain how I was greedy?
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by charleff512(m): 7:25am On Oct 17, 2017
madgoat:

Only a greedy person can experience what the OP experienced grin
He Has Learnt The Hard Way!
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by vanvick247(m): 7:40am On Oct 17, 2017
Esseite:
Rule 1... if it feels too good to be true, it usually is..

Gbam!!! That's it
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Adamawaswt(m): 7:40am On Oct 17, 2017
Firstly that man is not a military man.. ..guy I pray u can trace the man
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by yaki84: 7:42am On Oct 17, 2017
Biggcake:
Ikpa asuk anam se ifit idi.... mkpo abono dieh?
ette, aya ofon. Mbubehe aba dieh?
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by yaki84: 7:43am On Oct 17, 2017
Biggcake:
Ikpa asuk anam se ifit idi.... mkpo abono dieh?
ette, aya ofon. Mbubehe aba dieh?
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by yaki84: 7:47am On Oct 17, 2017
Excell360:
awoden, asuk adia?
mkpasa ette, mkpo ibaha se'dia abah o, idi ibah ke impromptu utidudia.
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Revolva(m): 8:27am On Oct 17, 2017
omo the way crime de escalate for naija ehnnn.......especially december time.....even my brother was duped last week wash wash duping
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by masties2(f): 8:32am On Oct 17, 2017
Marshalxv:
Man up my guy and shake off that fear of being handled by soldiers cuz that guy is not a soldier, he just used that to scare u from making a y effort to get ur money or laptop .

Take the case to the nearest police station and give them all the details including d guy's number they'll be able to trace him .

The military too will also be interested in the case if u can take it to the barracks or right channel

Op sorry for your loss but pls follow the advice above. Don't leave anything for God to judge o. Highest put 20k down to recover the laptop, money for your stress and the thief. Involve the military too. The scammer should get punished for impersonation.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by benzion72(m): 8:39am On Oct 17, 2017
Report to police with his number Let them bring up his profile with the gsm company he will face the wrath of the law
Next time do your transaction within a bank or take bank transfer for payment

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? / Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband / 10 Words People Who Lack Confidence Always Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.