Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? (19188 Views)

After A Ghastly Accident, How Can I Fix Or Repair This Car(pictures) / 6 Electric Suvs You'll Likely See On Nigerian Roads In The Next Few Years / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 17, 2017
yesterday was a bad day for me my car got burn,the car is Golf 4 variant,see pic

cc nurey,Gazzuss pls

Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by otimothy(m): 11:19am On Oct 17, 2017
Make i pitch my tent to learn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by nurey(m): 11:24am On Oct 17, 2017
Physical inspection is needed to ascertain the possible solution to your issue

2 Likes

Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by Magnifico2000: 11:33am On Oct 17, 2017
If it has burnt beyond repair, i would advice u sell d parts that are still good.

1 Like

Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by tahoe(m): 11:42am On Oct 17, 2017
what caused the fire
Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 17, 2017
sorry bro. to loose a car is good Dan to loose a life.
Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 17, 2017
adetoroamos:
sorry bro. to loose a car is good Dan to loose a life.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by valarinz: 12:37pm On Oct 17, 2017
dancok:
yesterday was a bad day for me my car got burn,the car is Golf 4 variant,see pic

cc nurey,Gazzuss pls

Chai, so sorry for your loss in this economic clime, wish u speedy recovery from this, hopefully our resident NL kazeems will help out
Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 17, 2017
valarinz:

Chai, so sorry for your loss in this economic clime, wish u speedy recovery from this, hopefully our resident NL kazeems will help out
thank you
Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by TPound(m): 2:27pm On Oct 17, 2017
is it manual or auto?
Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 17, 2017
TPound:
is it manual or auto?
auto
Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by paix(m): 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2017
Is it petrol or diesel engine?
Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by J0hnTrevolt(m): 3:02pm On Oct 18, 2017
Is it leather seat or cushion?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by Readonee35L(m): 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
dancok:

cc nurey,Gazzuss pls
Why not snap the whole car.
Rather than a picture of only the engine bay
Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 18, 2017
Readonee35L:

Why not snap the whole car.
Rather than a picture of only the engine bay
that's where got burn,didn't reach inside
Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by cyborg123(m): 3:53pm On Oct 18, 2017
Sorry about this OP. In cases like this, it might be better to scrap vehicle. The fire damage looks extensive.
Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 18, 2017
cyborg123:
Sorry about this OP. In cases like this, it might be better to scrap vehicle. The fire damage looks extensive.
it didn't get inside the car,it only in engine bay and is with mechanics already and they said engine is still ok,only am going to spend on wiring aspect,thanks

1 Like

Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by miteolu(m): 9:31am On Oct 19, 2017
Sorry bro. Cost of bringing back your car to the road is very high and it's effectiveness afterwards is doubtful.

God will provide for you. Take off your mind from it. You will get another better one.
Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by abolore80(m): 10:07am On Oct 19, 2017
My advice, personally supervise the restoration works and ensure that a good rewire handles the wiring system. You can also help them with the manual. Am saying you should supervise it, so that you ensure that everything is done and restored to manufacturer settings.
If you are able to do this, you will save yourself from incessant visit to the rewire's workshop. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:13pm On Oct 19, 2017
is car insured?
Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
is car insured?
no o,insuring car in Nigeria,i think only the billionaire does that
Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:18pm On Oct 19, 2017
dancok:

cc nurey,Gazzuss pls

car can be restored, sadly I will not advice my enemy to try that.

Cut your losses, sell as scrap.

dancok:

very wrong bro. With small paperwork you would have received claims in a week for less than 40k per year insurance.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 19, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

very wrong bro. With small paperwork you would have received claims in a week for less than 40k per year insurance.
the fire didn't get inside,only the engine bay get burnt,then y did u say u can't advice that?
Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:23am On Oct 20, 2017
dancok:
the fire didn't get inside,only the engine bay get burnt,then y did u say u can't advice that?

for obvious reasons, except u have a sentimental attachment to the car, fixing it up to standard will take a lot of money, resources, technician and most importantly time. the most logical direction is to sell in parts except u have a sentimental attachment to the car

1 Like

Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by Nobody: 4:35am On Oct 20, 2017
Sorry about this Dancok.
Ever since your mum gave you this car, you've been opening one thread or the other. So sad it ends this way.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by nams77: 5:57am On Oct 20, 2017
dancok:
So sorry for your loss Bro but insurance is not for billionaires only. It's is 3% of the value of the car. It may even go cheaper than that. Once again, sorry for your loss. Vehicle may not work at optimum if you restore. Wire issues
Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 20, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

for obvious reasons, except u have a sentimental attachment to the car, fixing it up to standard will take a lot of money, resources, technician and most importantly time. the most logical direction is to sell in parts except u have a sentimental attachment to the car
bro engine still dey work why should sell it in scrap and besides interior still clean as i bought it
Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:34am On Oct 20, 2017
dancok:
bro engine still dey work why should sell it in scrap and besides interior still clean as i bought it

you are right we should restore it.

Let me know the part's you need I can supply

1 Like

Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 20, 2017
PaperLace:
Sorry about this Dancok.
Ever since your mum gave you this car, you've been opening one thread or the other. So sad it ends this way.
thanks,surprised u have been following me
Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by LeJeun3: 8:51am On Oct 20, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

you are right we should restore it.

Let me know the part's you need I can supply

I just dey look you Sir

1 Like

Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by makavele: 9:06am On Oct 20, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Hi bossman, na towing vehicle i dey find now oh ... some metal part is depressing the tires.
dnt know if the tires will survive the long distance . .
by the way, which Insur Co do you use?
R they reliable?
Re: Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:08am On Oct 20, 2017
dancok:
thanks,surprised u have been following me

On NL there are monitoring spirits every where wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beware Of Cars Converted In Nigeria From RHD To LHD! / Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! / BRT Bus Involved In Road Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.