Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

2 Things To Note For A Successful Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 2 Things To Note For A Successful Marriage (718 Views)

"Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity / The Secrets Of A Successful Marriage | Dr. (mrs) Becky Eneche / Mention 2 Things That Can Keep You Indoors For A Whole Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2 Things To Note For A Successful Marriage by smses: 6:07am On Oct 18, 2017
Marriage itself is empty; it is the two people coming into the marriage that brings valuables into the marriage to make it beautiful. In this case, whatever you and your partner bring into the marriage is what the marriage will give you back. Just like the law of savings and withdrawal, it is the valuables that will make the love in the marriage last and even go stronger.
This article talks about two points, one which is very common in every marriage and the second which is totally left out in marriages which is the main reason for bad marriages.

1 Love does not keep marriage together

People always make the mistake of putting all their energy on love in marriage which is why marriages don’t go far before a divorce. It’s important to love the person you are getting married to but putting everything about your marriage on love is dangerous. Those couples that are divorced today were once in love, so what happened?

This just shows that love doesn’t do it, as important as love is in marriage, it doesn’t keep a marriage together. That I love something doesn’t mean I won’t abuse that thing or hurt it, even it is more likely you hurt or abuse what you love than what you don’t love. What I am trying to say is that there is a very high probability to abuse or hurt something because you love it.

Only the people we love and care about can hurt us, which means your partner will hurt you and you will hurt your partner because you love each other but because you believe the love that exists between both of you shouldn’t allow you hurt each other then you opt out after sometime when you are deeply hurt, broken and feel like you can’t take it anymore.

But if you go into your marriage knowing that though you and your partner love each other deeply, the love can’t keep the marriage together it is then you will be opened to learn and know how you can keep your marriage

2 All you need is knowledge

Knowledge is a familiarity, awareness, or understanding of someone or something, such as facts, information, descriptions, or skills, which is acquired through experience or education by perceiving, discovering, or learning. According to Wikipedia

Facts, information, and skills acquired through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject. awareness or familiarity gained by experience of a fact or situation. According to oxforddictionaries.com

Acquaintance with facts, truths, or principles, as from study or investigation. According to dictionary.com

With all these wonderful definitions, ask yourself these questions

Am I familiar with marriage?

Am I aware of what marriage entails and can I cope?

Do I understand what marriage is and do I understand my partner?

Do I have the necessary skills and information to work through my marriage?

Have I learned the necessary things for my marriage?

Do I know the real principles of marriage? etc

These questions are what you should answer genuinely because it gives you the knowledge you need for your marriage which is the only thing that can save your marriage. Knowledge will make you know what your marriage needs per time

Look at this, for example, I love cars so much but I never take any time to acquire some knowledge about cars, how to use it? How to drive it? How to care for it? I just went ahead to buy a car. After buying the car, I never knew I am supposed to be checking the engine oil and top it up; all I do is just drive the car. You and I know sooner or later the car engine will pack up; some people’s marriage engine has already packed up because they have not been adding marriage oil to it

That’s what happens when you don’t have the
knowledge and you have to learn the hard way. Is your marriage going through storms presently? All that you need is to acquire the necessary knowledge about your marriage and you will be surprised how your marriage will turn for the better.

http://www.lifeloveandmarriage.com/couples-arena/2-things-note-successful-marriage
Re: 2 Things To Note For A Successful Marriage by LordIsaac(m): 6:53am On Oct 18, 2017
Great

(1) (Reply)

Robots That Can Have Babies Could Be Available Soon / Nigerian Buys South African G-wangon After Impregnating His Wife / Xmass Tips For The Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.