Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? (1350 Views)

People That Will Feel The Additional 14 Days Lockdown By The President / Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' / Curvy "Buharists" Show Their Support For The President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by bigpicture001: 12:43pm On Oct 18, 2017
...Over the past one year I have been on this platform. I have come to be addicted to it.often times we notice a lot of seemingly,very good intellectuals who are truly good with good progressive ideas on how to fix various problems which characterises the Nigerian society from crime,education,economy,security,health . so I crested this trend to turn the table around and give you the chance to be president..now let's know what your priory would be and exactly how you plan to execute them....i will be on hand to always remind of what your step by step obstacles would be....lets try.....
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by sKy007: 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2017
Restructure the country
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by onavae(m): 1:30pm On Oct 18, 2017
For a start, equal rights and justice
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by DrGoodman: 1:33pm On Oct 18, 2017
Stop open grazing so that Fulani herdsmen will stop killing Nigerians in their homes.

1 Like

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by ipoblogic: 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2017
I will allow Nigeria to back to six regions and also allow referendum.
Nobody will be Nigerian by the force.of gun

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by bigpicture001: 2:23pm On Oct 18, 2017
sKy007:
Restructure the country
..restructuring is just a want sir...please in details how will you structure

1 Like

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by bigpicture001: 2:33pm On Oct 18, 2017
onavae:
For a start, equal rights and justice
...please sir...how do you make that happen..? don't you think u need the laws enforcement agencies..like the police, dss,civil defenc..etc..also how do you stop these agencies officials from diverting justice..what about the recent episode of corrupt judges..how do you make sure it's not obtaiable any longer...
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by bigpicture001: 2:37pm On Oct 18, 2017
DrGoodman:
Stop open grazing so that Fulani herdsmen will stop killing Nigerians in their homes.
..how can you stop that when the Fulani supported by the hausa use that means to feed and cater for them selves..they see it as only source of livelihoods..then if you ban it..a large proportion of them will not vote for you in your next election..where else will you direct them to graze thier castles.. which states.. how du y guarantee constant green fields for them...now even if they are based and stored by the laws..who will kip them in check
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by bigpicture001: 2:45pm On Oct 18, 2017
ipoblogic:

..thats a gud idea and very popular among older nigerians...but do you sincerely beleive that the old regional system stretched development farther down the whole region that what is obtainable in the unit state system..?..do you think the chance of participation in leadership and politics of owns region is easier then than now.....do you truly believe that the national economy was better impacted by the regional government than it is now..what about freedom of movement of enterprise..do you beleive that it is easier to locate owns bigness in other part of the country then than now...do you also believe that it will foster greater unity among the regionally segregated system you profess..now are you sure that is what nigerians would need..you may be voted out or face heavy protest from the now enlightened minority group..who will be disgusted. by the fairness of thier regional government from them
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by Simonokeh7(m): 2:46pm On Oct 18, 2017
First thing first, I will stop corruption and tribal politics and appoint the most suitable person for each position irrespective of the person tribe or religion.
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by Blue3k(m): 2:47pm On Oct 18, 2017
1. The Economy and security (internal and external)
2. Infrastructure
3. Selling off assets ex Ajaokuta steel.
4. Restructuring bottom because it doesn't need presidential assent.

This not perfect list but just what pops in mind first.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by bigpicture001: 2:49pm On Oct 18, 2017
Simonokeh7:
First thing first, I will stop corruption and tribal politics and appoint the most suitable person for each position irrespective of the person tribe or religion.
..please sir..you are now the president..no more wishes,but actions..how exactly do you stop coruption and tribal.politics...?

1 Like

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by bigpicture001: 2:54pm On Oct 18, 2017
Blue3k:
1. The Economy and security (internal and external)
2. Infrastructure
3. Selling off assets ex Ajaokuta steel.
4. Restructuring bottom because it doesn't need presidential assent.

This not perfect list but just what pops in mind first.
..that nice to say mr..blue3k..but you are now the president and am your advisor..please sir tell me in details how you plan to help the economy, security and the others..will you open the markets to cheap goods to mk ppl's life better..will you try to promote export..wil you try to raise the value of the national currencies..hiw will you provided domestic securities..of course nigeria is not always under threat of international attack..so domestic comes to.mind..in what details will you achieve all these...
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by SalamRushdie: 2:59pm On Oct 18, 2017
I ; electricity
2: Security (Kidnapping and Herdsmen topping the agenda)

3 Improved Federal Road Network

4: enable a vision that will make every region sustainable and wealth creators in the next ten years

5: Develope a comparative advantage scheme for the country

6: Support Nigerian owned businesses with Tax cuts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by SalamRushdie: 3:00pm On Oct 18, 2017
I ; electricity
2: Security (Kidnapping and Herdsmen topping the agenda)

3 Improved Federal Road Network

4: enable a vision that will make every region sustainable and wealth creators in the next ten years

5: Develope a comparative advantage scheme for the country

6: Support Nigerian owned businesses with Tax cuts

7 : Allow laisez Faire practices decide our Balance of Trade based on best comparative advantage practices

8: Change the Primary school education curriculum from one that encourages unhealthy competition to one that aids great character and honesty building because Nigerian are too dishonest
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by Simonokeh7(m): 3:11pm On Oct 18, 2017
bigpicture001:
..please sir..you are now the president..no more wishes,but actions..how exactly do you stop coruption and tribal.politics...?
Stopping Corruption and Tribal Politics all begin with me being the president, In my appointment of ministers I have to be fair placing the right person in the right position and the ability to fire any of my minister that has being associated with corruption of any form. Definitely am seeing it from the outside but when am in the inside it's gonna be a tough work to make nigeria a corrupt free country

1 Like

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by Blue3k(m): 3:50pm On Oct 18, 2017
bigpicture001:
..that nice to say mr..blue3k..but you are now the president and am your advisor..please sir tell me in details how you plan to help the economy, security and the others..will you open the markets to cheap goods to mk ppl's life better..will you try to promote export..wil you try to raise the value of the national currencies..how will you provided domestic securities..of course nigeria is not always under threat of international attack..so domestic comes to.mind..in what details will you achieve all these...

OK in detail this time. My big picture plan is move the nation towards industrialization towards manufacturing and tech economy. Yes we would become an export by integrating more with ECOWAS. Most of their imports is manufactured products anyway. I don't to be too dependant on exports like China though. In time the consumer base should grow domestically.

The first thing I would do is to make business easier to do all documents available online and simplement to submit. Reduce burdensome regulations and multiple taxes. Next would be improving power situation withas investments in transmission or just letting private sector handle that part. Then worry about attracting investors to mining since raw materials exist here.

No not opening up markets the private sector. If private sector working I won't need to. The currency policy is trash. I'll let it float, stop multiple exchange rates, and then move to banking reform. The big banking reforms would be to improve access to credit and mobile banking like other African countries. Get rid of ban list and open ourselves up to trade at very least with ECOWAS. The currency restrictions is something I'd remove letting so FDI can return.

Our neighbors aren't that dangerous. I do want to secure borders and naval build up to protect territorial waters. Sea robbery and kidnapping even though it reduced still serious issue. The police are weak and ineffective the fat that military needs to constantly step shows they're lacking. Increase budget for radios and petrol vehicles and shift focus from unnecessary check points.

1 Like

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by slex(m): 3:58pm On Oct 18, 2017
1. Electricity ( resolve this and you have reduced the hardship by 70%)

2. security

3. Sentence public officers guilty of corruption to death or life imprisonment.

4.Abolish the NASS or put them on minimum wage.

5. Enforce the respect of human rights.

6. etc
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by Marcelo290(m): 4:15pm On Oct 18, 2017
If I become the President, the first thing I would do is to project the amendment of that thing we call constitution, that's the genesis of our problems.

As a developing African country, we spend too much on frivolities. There is need to cut down the salaries of our senators and the presidency. Education and health would make up about 40% of the budget. We would build capital projects that would help create jobs because we have the work force, I would revive our oil and construction companies especially Ajaokuta steel industry so we could manufacturer our products. All these would help grow our economy.

As someone who is vast in political economy, we would work on our service and manufacturing industries, So we won't depend always on Primary resources like Oil. I support restructuring, my own definition is giving more powers to the states, remember what necessitated the creation of states? many were crying that they weren't carried along, mostly minorities. so going back to regionalism would still bring about an outcry as government is more closer to the people now than before.

I would employ technocrats who are learned in their various fields. appointments would be devoid of bigotry, tribalism and ethnicity.

I would strengthen the fight against corruption and make the courts independent of the federal government. Anybody who would lead us to the promised land must have a good and sound knowledge of history as to know where we came from, with foresight of where we are going to, I think I have these two important attributes.

I have too many plans for this country that if I decide to execute all the plans I have, I fear I may be killed before my time by corrupt politicians and saboteurs because I can't do the aforementioned alone, nevertheless I still keep the dream and hope alive.

Gracias
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by virud: 4:29pm On Oct 18, 2017
Power
Even if its the only achievement anyone can boast of after one term in office, its basically enough. It will solve 50% of our national woes.

Equitable Distribution of Revenues Accruing from The Nations Natural Resources
1 -Communities, LGA's, States and/or regions would be given full resource control.
2 -Governments at the center would play administrative roles while resource owners must play functional [/i]roles.
3- Resource owners must remit some (review-able) percentage of their income to the center.

Constitution Amendment
[i]Key Highlights.

Discard the Senate.
Downward review of allowances and emoluments etc of members of house of rep.
INEC Chairman must not be appointed by the President. Its political parties that ought to appoint INEC Chairpersons and RECs.
Life ban from politics and jail terms for any convicted public / elected official.

National Merit Board
Discard the federal character commission act and replace it with a 'National Merit Board' whose job would be to select technocrats into key government agencies. The best legs gets the job irrespective of every other considerations.

1 Like

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by Basic123: 5:13pm On Oct 18, 2017
Giving igbo people biafra to compensate for GEJ 2015 election loss!
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by juman(m): 5:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
The first thing on my mind is to prosecute obasanjo.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by TheKingdom: 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2017
ipoblogic:

GBAM, that is what is common sense and long over due. But the secret societies wont allow, and thus we have absentee presidents over and over because they control us still
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by Opakan2: 5:22pm On Oct 18, 2017
ceding out the 5 landlocked states in potor enclave to whoever wants them and then constructing a mighty fence so they won't ever think of coming back.

They have nothing, produce nothing, no natural resources just mud which has no economic value. Even the NE has better prospects than them once the Bokoharam menace is flushed out
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by bigpicture001: 5:33pm On Oct 18, 2017
slex:

2. security

6. etc

..that we'll and rightly said sir..but bettering electricity has been a very big torn in the flesh of nigeria as a country...even the almighty fashola finds difficulty in that field...there are three majo aspect of this operation ; the generation, distribution and marketing..even if we can deal with the generation of large portion of electricity...it would cost an equally huge amount of mony distributing such across the country.. and with a fast dwindling foreign reserve..nigeria's bargaining power for international loan dwindles also..so the mony to fund the project becomes serious issue. on marketing. and with the rampant bypassing of even the fool proof electronic meter..it becomes difficult for the electrical marketers e.g DISCOS to generate enuf fund to offset the cost of acquisition of electricity..that on its own will make the suppliers stop it's supply...........on the issue of of NASS and thier bogus payment..how do u get dem to reduce dia own pay...knowing it takes them to do harm to themselves..thats difficult mr. president...on the issue of improving production...production is better improve in a situation. where there is massive capital available..niw the amount of capital required to attained this massive rise im.production is nit available in nigeria..yes..foreign investment..that would work also..because of the lack of adequate market for the goods produced.an investor would rather go to countries where there effective bigness incentives like a country which allow. high. capital flight.and would justice system is up ryt...
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by bigpicture001: 5:37pm On Oct 18, 2017
slex:

2. security

6. etc

..the issue of sentences for corupt government officials will be easier said than done as the said top politicians would frustrate any move in that direction..some will sponsor political talk shows...promote hate against you through some media own by them..organise massive protest against it..in the name of human ryt just to force your hand against such decision while they twist the meaning of your policies sir..

1 Like

Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by DrGoodman: 5:44pm On Oct 18, 2017
bigpicture001:
..how can you stop that when the Fulani supported by the hausa use that means to feed and cater for them selves..they see it as only source of livelihoods..then if you ban it..a large proportion of them will not vote for you in your next election..where else will you direct them to graze thier castles.. which states.. how du y guarantee constant green fields for them...now even if they are based and stored by the laws..who will kip them in check

All the other people in the world that farm cattle, where do they get their feed from? In plateu state?

All the other business men in Nigeria, where do they get their raw materials, from other people's lands free?
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by bigpicture001: 6:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
juman:
The first thing on my mind is to prosecute obasanjo.
..mr president..as ur special advisers on national issues..i would like to know why you would want to procesecute..the south west biggest political icon...an ex president,..it could bring back a reaction that would unsettle your relationship with the southwest political class..and endanger your Coalition govt with the south west block...there losing thier support in your re run for the presidency...sur do you still think,its a wise choice to make sir..?
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by oladeebo: 6:17pm On Oct 18, 2017
bigpicture001:
...Over the past one year I have been on this platform. I have come to be addicted to it.often times we notice a lot of seemingly,very good intellectuals who are truly good with good progressive ideas on how to fix various problems which characterises the Nigerian society from crime,education,economy,security,health . so I crested this trend to turn the table around and give you the chance to be president..now let's know what your priory would be and exactly how you plan to execute them....i will be on hand to always remind of what your step by step obstacles would be....lets try.....

good question.
Should I be the President of Nigeria I have these priorities:
i. I will re-oriented North & Southern Nigeria to West & Eastern Nigeria.
ii. I will Created WARD GOVERNMENT WG.
iii. I will introduce capital punishment for public treasury looters.
iv. I will bridge the gab between recurrent expenditure & Capital expenditure to 50%, 50%.
v. Political tricks of politicians will be blocked, it's on either on constitution or mandate a politician will be allow to play a political game.
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by Mallamkay001(m): 6:20pm On Oct 18, 2017
employment and education
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by TheKingdom: 6:21pm On Oct 18, 2017
Opakan2:
ceding out the 5 landlocked states in potor enclave to whoever wants them and then constructing a mighty fence so they won't ever think of coming back.

They have nothing, produce nothing, no natural resources just mud which has no economic value. Even the NE has better prospects than them once the Bokoharam menace is flushed out

Let them be and lets see what happens
Re: If You Are The President Of Nigeria ;what Will Be Your Priority..? by bigpicture001: 6:30pm On Oct 18, 2017
TheKingdom:

Let them be and lets see what happens
...sir..as the president of Nigeria..are you sure want truly want to forgot the huge resources coming from tax from the region..as royalties from the region,the Hume amounts arising from fines from the regions..plz sir, remember that without the south east almost 40 million wil be deducted from the postal population of the country..thus making the remaining territory less attractive for investment by foreign investors....are you still sure sir that you want to let them go..renember that 2geda we become stronger and vice versa

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dead Men Appointments: Check Your Geopolitical Zone / The Father Of The First Child born In 2018 In Osun State Died On The 1st. / The case for grazing reserves by Kalu Aja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.